Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Takoluka posted:

Luckily, it's a home console with portability options, so it cannot be held to the same standards!!!!

Excuse me it is a handheld sold with a combination TV out and charger.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
We all need this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceSqmmFFYuw

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Pureauthor posted:

I have never been shy about expressing my belief that 3 hours is terrible for a portable system's battery life.

on the other hand. There is not a single tablet that I have owned with a screen on time while playing cpu/gpu intensive games of longer than 3 hours.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Nintendo is consistently damned if they do and damned if they don't so I'm glad they stopped giving a gently caress and just do whatever they want now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What does the R stand for?

Rejected?
Recycle bin?
Rush job?
tRash?
cRappy?

:effort:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Those are not Blasters, they're Splattershots. <:mad:>

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Pureauthor posted:

Excuse me it is a handheld sold with a combination TV out and charger.

:colbert:

Why would Nintendo have two handhelds out at the same time? UGH, NINTENDO DOES IT AGAIN.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

i wish this dumb gay console had less power and more battery and also, more power.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: If you're planning on upgrading to the Switch version of Mario Kart 8, Amazon's trade in value for the Wii U version is currently $22, which seemed like a good deal to me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FPzero posted:

Nintendo is consistently damned if they do and damned if they don't so I'm glad they stopped giving a gently caress and just do whatever they want now.

They never gave a gently caress that how they lost 90% marketshare in their industry

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Login: Bomberman 2
Password: BummermanRsux

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Ometeotl posted:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1345524

Literally the biggest battery they could fit in there.

This is actually really interesting reading. Thanks for that. :)

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

FPzero posted:

Apparently what they want to do is not sell consoles anymore, and I can get behind that

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
This thread alone probably makes up the majority of the switch customer base.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

more people own a wii u than will own a switch

Not true when you factor in all of the people who realized it was straight trash after they opened their Wii U and just threw it out.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
So excited for the release. Can't wait to bomb some boko motherfuckers in Zelda

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

I'm excited to be free of the burden of my hands being bound together to play video games. Too often my arms have become fatigued holding the 3DS or Wii U controller up while adventuring through Hyrule with Link and Epona. With the invention of the Joy-Con, my mum can place the console on my Pikachu nightstand, the controls in my hands at my sides, and I can play the new Zelda game with the best graphics on a body-weight neutral console.

Who else is excited to finally be able to game with a console that has both the best games and the best quality of life features?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

coffeecup posted:

So excited for the release. Can't wait to bomb some boko motherfuckers in Zelda

Boko Haram is a serious issue please don't joke about this tia

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Don't care about Bomberman AI being bad, but if it doesn't run well that is going to be some poo poo. I feel like there really isn't an excuse for Bomberman not to run well, there isn't a hell of a lot going on. I have it pre ordered but am considering holding off for some reviews.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

I have it pre ordered

There are games I get doing this for, but why Bomberman?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

PerrineClostermann posted:

Better question.

Who is going to buy a gooseneck mount and play their switch in bed in the most hedonistic, lazy manner possible?

I'm actually thinking of getting a small TV in my work room and there's no desk space left so I'd have to mount it...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Bomberman R is going to be this millennium's ET.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

There are games I get doing this for, but why Bomberman?

It has been a great series and I love having good couch multiplayer games for company. My brothers and I still play our copy of Bomberman 64.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cojawfee posted:

:eyepop:

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Man the engineering in the Switch is awe-inspiring. Crazy how tightly packed that thing is and also how light it apparently is even with that chunky rear end battery. I'm loving reading the speculation thread on NeoGAF. Looks like half the thread is split on believing it's a Maxwell Revision 2 and the other half says not enough evidence to say it's not Pascal. Wonder when and how we're going to confirm that.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

InFlames235 posted:

Man the engineering in the Switch is awe-inspiring. Crazy how tightly packed that thing is and also how light it apparently is even with that chunky rear end battery. I'm loving reading the speculation thread on NeoGAF. Looks like half the thread is split on believing it's a Maxwell Revision 2 and the other half says not enough evidence to say it's not Pascal. Wonder when and how we're going to confirm that.

Nobody show this guy a modern phone, tablet or ultrabook

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Katana Gomai posted:

I was thinking the same thing but about macbooks.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Cojawfee posted:

lol

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

They're definitely printing more bomberman cartridges than there will be Switches sold

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

man in the eyeball hat posted:

Who else is excited to finally be able to game with a console that has both the best games and the best quality of life features?

I got a ps4 3 years ago. Im excited to play nintendo games on their latest flop console though.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'll be looking forward to buying the Switch for couch multiplayer stuff used in a year or two, the PS4 has some fun games I like but couch multiplayer is fantastically dead

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Katana Gomai posted:

I dunno, an iPhone's internals don't look as impressive and aren't packing nearly as much (at first glance) as the Switch seems to be.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Maybe Bomberman R will sale if they they had Bombergirl DLC at launch.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I just want to get my hands on skyrim for the switch

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Katana Gomai posted:

lol

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

PerrineClostermann posted:

Better question.

Who is going to buy a gooseneck mount and play their switch in bed in the most hedonistic, lazy manner possible?

Unironically considered this but I wasn't sure which mounts would fit the switch, so that plan is put on hold.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Unironically considered this but I wasn't sure which mounts would fit the switch, so that plan is put on hold.

Keep me updated, I too am having trouble selecting a mount.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Someone post that picture of the paralyzed girl playing the Switch.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

it's not out yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Just get one of those gorilla grips.

• Locked thread