Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
i would give you both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Another thing that people may not think about when looking for a place to live: curb side trash pickup.

It wasn't on my radar when looking for a place but I loving love not having to walk/drive to a dumpster a few times a week. It's one of those things that you don't really know the convenience of until you run across it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

At that near death hangover stage all I really wanted was a cup of ice chips and a bullet to the temple.

Pedialyte, bro.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

TBeats posted:

Another thing that people may not think about when looking for a place to live: curb side trash pickup.

It wasn't on my radar when looking for a place but I loving love not having to walk/drive to a dumpster a few times a week. It's one of those things that you don't really know the convenience of until you run across it.

Wait what. People actually have to drive their trash somewhere?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

holocaust bloopers posted:

Wait what. People actually have to drive their trash somewhere?

To a dumpster if there's no curb side pickup and they are too lazy to walk it there. And here trash pickup is something you pay for (~$15/mo) so if you don't pay, you have to drive it to the dump or use the dumpster in the next neighborhood.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
drat. I had no idea.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

Got to take some better photos when the house guests are not in town.
Anyways that's the apartment. I know I need better pictures and descriptions.

drat dude that's really nice. If I wasn't stuck in Philadelphia for the next three years I'd be all about that

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Yeah I would live there.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
The kitchen especially had me sold. That would like, quadruple my counterspace.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
They made the Taken movies into a tv show lol

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

TBeats posted:

I looked at a place recently that was a bit more than I wanted to pay at $1340 a month. But really killed it in my eyes was that it was paid shared laundry. $3.75 to do a load. 2 loads of clothes a week, plus towels and bed sheets and you're getting close to $60 a month. gently caress that.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

TBeats posted:

They made the Taken movies into a tv show lol

thank you liam neeson but your daughter is in another castle!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It could work as a 1-man A-Team type of show, or MacGuyver with more fighting.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Just got home from running an errand and found out that my daughter flooded the ground level bathroom. The flooring is "OK" because the water ran down the vent into the duct work. The insulation is totally soggy. Water damage guys coming out now.

Jesus Christ kids.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
lol if you have kids

DINK crew taking over

Or SINK for most of you :laugh:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Casimir Radon posted:

I looked at a place recently that was a bit more than I wanted to pay at $1340 a month. But really killed it in my eyes was that it was paid shared laundry. $3.75 to do a load. 2 loads of clothes a week, plus towels and bed sheets and you're getting close to $60 a month. gently caress that.

:stare:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That math is not working for me.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

That is pretty much what I pay. 1350/mo between me and my roommate; 2.50 to wash & dry a load of laundry in the basement machines.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I have my own washer and dryer in my unit. It is well worth it.

My lady is going to earn close to double what I earn next year. Gonna DINK so hard.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Godholio posted:

That math is not working for me.
2 loads of clothes
1 load of towels
1 load of bedsheets

$3.75 × 4 x 4 = $60

Past that I usually wash my comforter seperately because it doesn't dry well when it's in with other stuff.

I went for $1200 a month plus ~$30 for other utilities, and In-unit laundry. The military has made me hate shared laundry and they never made me pay to use the machines.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 20, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

it still blows my mind that most americans don't use clotheslines for their washing, but then most places in auckland have a backyard so...

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Two Finger posted:

it still blows my mind that most americans don't use clotheslines for their washing, but then most places in auckland have a backyard so...

i've used drying racks since college. No sense in wasting money and electricity.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Eh I meant like an outdoor clothesline

I'll use the dryer sometimes in winter because it's a pain to wait for drying racks in those circumstances but yeah

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I'd dry my clothes outside if Washington wasn't raining 9 months of the year.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Casimir Radon posted:

2 loads of clothes
1 load of towels
1 load of bedsheets

$3.75 × 4 x 4 = $60

Past that I usually wash my comforter seperately because it doesn't dry well when it's in with other stuff.

I went for $1200 a month plus ~$30 for other utilities, and In-unit laundry. The military has made me hate shared laundry and they never made me pay to use the machines.

Oh, I missed that it was per week. Yeah gently caress that.

Edit: I grew up using clotheslines, but not a chance anywhere I've lived for the past 20something years. They'll come in full of blown dust (OK & NV), still damp (FL), or reeking of rancid air (UT).

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Two Finger posted:

99% of apartments don't have space for that, 95% of condos don't either. It's just not a thing here unless there is big open spaces.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'd be fine with line drying if I had a porch. Until winter or the wet season.

I'm paying about $650/mo and looking at spending $850/mo max on the next place. most nicer places around here are $1000+/mo. Then pet fees. Then water/sewer/trash. And some split the utility bill for the communal electric (lights, clubhouse, pool, etc).

Maybe I should look at the small towns outside of the city.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Do y'all chrun your own butter? Then do you put it in the ice box? LoL at saving ~$50 a month by not using a dryer.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

lite_sleepr posted:

Do y'all chrun your own butter? Then do you put it in the ice box? LoL at saving ~$50 a month by not using a dryer.

Churned butter is basically the best and $50 a month is some good beer.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

just poop outside in your neighbors lawn that'll save probably $.20 per flush and if your neighbor is a douche bag then well bonus points.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I pay 2k/month for a 2/2 in a really nice area. If I want to be on orange or silver line that's the going rate.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I play $1k for a 3/2.5 and it's the nicest place I've ever lived in my life.

Moved here because I could find anything else. In Tampa if I need a place next week I can find it today. I learned that in a small town you gotta look like six months in advance at least.

But now that I've been here I loving love it.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
You guys are going to summon threeolives or whatever his name is with all this rent chat and such :supaburn:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Mike-o posted:

You guys are going to summon threeolives or whatever his name is with all this rent chat and such :supaburn:

he's afraid to post here :smaug:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

No come on three olives nothing bad will happen we are all friends

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I live in an IKEA rent free, what now

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

i pay 1.3k for a 1br/1ba apartment with a garage.

Thats 42% of my BAH, so im ok i guess.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Woof Blitzer posted:

U get a discount on those meatballs or what

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Woof Blitzer posted:

Would totally do this if I didn't have pets and stopped taking my meds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I paid 250k for a 2br/2bt 1250sqft condo in 2013

It's worth about 450 now.

Lol GTA real estate

• Locked thread