Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Steelion posted:

grinding resource X so you can build more of machine Y to automate task Z is basically skyblock packs in a nutshell.

I don't mind that so much at all, but when I set up power and then the mod maker tells me I need a second arbitrary power network for no good reason I get peeved.

Even though you can take it with you and it's wireless what's the actual point of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

The new Extra Utilities is kind of poo poo, to be honest. The power system is a complete mess.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

AceClown posted:

I don't mind that so much at all, but when I set up power and then the mod maker tells me I need a second arbitrary power network for no good reason I get peeved.

Even though you can take it with you and it's wireless what's the actual point of it?
XU2 crusher requires GP not RF. It's like complaining that botania or thaumcraft isn't powering your TE/EIO/IC2 stuff or vice versa.

I will admit it's slightly more confusing because XU2 has rf generators also.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 20, 2017

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Khorne posted:

XU2 crusher requires GP not RF. It's like complaining that botania or thaumcraft isn't powering your TE/EIO/IC2 stuff or vice versa.

I will admit it's slightly more confusing because XU2 has rf generators also.

It definitely needs both, the crusher has an EU bar that filled up when I put it next to the generator.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

if you're having problems with XU, just don't use it?

the automatic hammerer and SAG mill can also turn cobblestone into gravel/sand (and the hammerer can do sand to dust)

Khorne
May 1, 2002

AceClown posted:

It definitely needs both, the crusher has an EU bar that filled up when I put it next to the generator.
drat. That block is awful then. All? the gp stuff is passive though so once you make it it's set it and forget it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

hell, i'll check it out. thanks. starting with a small base and working up from there is definitely the way to go, and since i'm mostly looking for a way to play with the astral mod it'd be nice to not have some giant, all-encompassing mods in there as well to overshadow things if i don't intend to use them.

e: after copy/pasting some mods from the bloated pack in this new one, including the required parent mods, i now have a pack that loads up in a fraction of the time. also needed to throw in stuff like biomes o'plenty because it feels boring without it, honestly.

One of the main problems with the popular packs is that they always throw in a bunch of stuff that's just flat-out bloat to appeal to steamers who think poo poo like googly eyes or whatever are hilarious.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
XU2 stuff isn't that complicated or difficult. A manual mill will let you run a resonator so you can make the materials to make some mills and panels.

It does require ender pearls if you're not actually mining redstone. The resonating redstone thing requires ender shards to craft, or drops (at a low chance) from redstone ore. In a skyblock using Ex Nihilo, that's kind of a problem, but you should be setting up a mob farm early on to get that anyway.

I've got a couple of survival gens and a crusher set up, with four water mills and a half-dozen each of the solar and lunar panels, and I'm having no problems at all.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Serifina posted:

XU2 stuff isn't that complicated or difficult. A manual mill will let you run a resonator so you can make the materials to make some mills and panels.

It does require ender pearls if you're not actually mining redstone. The resonating redstone thing requires ender shards to craft, or drops (at a low chance) from redstone ore. In a skyblock using Ex Nihilo, that's kind of a problem, but you should be setting up a mob farm early on to get that anyway.

I've got a couple of survival gens and a crusher set up, with four water mills and a half-dozen each of the solar and lunar panels, and I'm having no problems at all.
The only time it falls apart is with speed upgrades. I do agree it's not a big deal once you get used to it, but it is kind of annoying at first.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CrazyTolradi posted:

The new Extra Utilities is kind of poo poo, to be honest. The power system is a complete mess.

WRONG! :colbert:

Project Ozone 2 Update:
I have become sick of constantly refueling my sifting machine, so I decided to do something better. The primary problem was the power source, getting lots of Charcoal was tedious. I decided to make a nuclear lava generator using Yellorium Blocks and Crucible. This is the first part of the machine, it creates unlimited cobblestone. The Crucibles need a good supply of cobblestone to melt at all times!

Extra Utilities transfer nodes take the cobblestone to these Crucibles. The cobble melts into lava like butter on a skillet, yum!

The front of the machine. Lava generators pump the lava and power themselves with the lava (very handy!). They pump into some storage tanks, which pump into 3 8X mega lava generators. These generators fuel the auto sifter, which is stuffed with upgrades. I have lots of Hoppers on top so that I can fill up the sifter and let it run for a while. It is now fire and forget, I don't need to refuel it ever! :science:

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 21, 2017

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Are you using the 1.10.2 one? I double-checked and I guess they put back in the generators like you have in your picture, but I don't know if they look and act the same. Before that, none of those generators were available in that one. Everything needed grid power--including the transfer nodes to make cobblestone.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Are you using the 1.10.2 one? I double-checked and I guess they put back in the generators like you have in your picture, but I don't know if they look and act the same. Before that, none of those generators were available in that one. Everything needed grid power--including the transfer nodes to make cobblestone.

Oh sorry, I am using 1.7.10! Anything newer than 1.5.2 is "new" to me :v:

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
I can't really be sympathetic of complaints of 'how dare it be gated behind x' because in a Skyblock the problem is: 'You have nothing' and the solution is: 'Figure out how to obtain everything.' If not having an ender pearl is preventing you from progressing, work on getting an ender pearl. Make a bigger, better mob farm than whatever you have that's not providing you what you need, until it does provide you what you need. Either that or try to take a different progression path that gets around what you have a deficit of. :shrug:

I know I know people like to just grump about frustrations. That's fine. Just saying, a skyblock is a particular sort of challenge and you gotta approach it as such.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Feb 20, 2017

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

XU was at it's best pre 1.10.2 when it was just an off to the side style mod that didn't add in its own power system or machines, but could compliment tech mods that did very nicely. Division sigils were also fun, as was the ritual to activate them but now it's basically just another tech mod that's kind of obtuse to begin with.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
XU2 can be a bit obscure, but largely because the documentation isn't all there. It does have a manual but it's a far cry from being complete. That said, I still think it's an improvement. It's meant to be a stand-alone tech mod now, and it reflects that. Also the division sigil bullshit is gone, so you can actually access things without having to risk blowing yourself up constantly. A builder's wand no longer requires obsidian and an unstable ingot, instead, it's a couple of pieces of magical wood and a gold ingot (and magical wood is just a bookshelf with gold and some XP in a crafting table - easy and not stupid).

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Rutibex posted:

I have lots of Hoppers on top so that I call fill up the sifter and let it run for a while. It is now fire and forget, I don't need to refuel it ever! :science:

Those six hoppers are a total of 30 inventory slots; a single wooden chest is 27 slots so just one hopper and a wooden chest beats your pictured setup by two slots (it beats it by nearly double if you make it a doublechest). If I'm not mistaken you can also use a storage drawer on top of a hopper; they are upgradable but start at 32 slots, which totals to (at base level) seven more inventory slots than your six-hopper setup.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Serifina posted:

XU2 can be a bit obscure, but largely because the documentation isn't all there. It does have a manual but it's a far cry from being complete. That said, I still think it's an improvement. It's meant to be a stand-alone tech mod now, and it reflects that. Also the division sigil bullshit is gone, so you can actually access things without having to risk blowing yourself up constantly. A builder's wand no longer requires obsidian and an unstable ingot, instead, it's a couple of pieces of magical wood and a gold ingot (and magical wood is just a bookshelf with gold and some XP in a crafting table - easy and not stupid).

The problem isn't lack of documentation, it's just that the system is annoying to set up and not satisfying as an engineering or logistics problem like good tech mods are. It's just really uninteresting

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Rutibex posted:

Oh sorry, I am using 1.7.10! Anything newer than 1.5.2 is "new" to me :v:

In that case--have you managed to charge up a high temperature furnace generator yet? I would think that would be your kind of thing.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Edminster posted:

Those six hoppers are a total of 30 inventory slots; a single wooden chest is 27 slots so just one hopper and a wooden chest beats your pictured setup by two slots (it beats it by nearly double if you make it a doublechest). If I'm not mistaken you can also use a storage drawer on top of a hopper; they are upgradable but start at 32 slots, which totals to (at base level) seven more inventory slots than your six-hopper setup.

:eyepop:
Since when does a hopper pull from chests above it? I didn't know that. This will really increase my efficiency!

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

In that case--have you managed to charge up a high temperature furnace generator yet? I would think that would be your kind of thing.

I am done with Furnace Generators, its lava from now on (until I can make a proper Big Reactor :twisted:)

I did a little bit of work on my base today. I figured it was about time I started getting some fluid out of those cows, so I built and enclosure! I started breeding them with the wheat I got from my farm. I do not know if different types of fluid cows can breed with each other, I might need to do a eugenics program or something! They produce a lot of weird liquids, and I can place them all in the world, which is kind of fun :v: I made a shed full of tanks to store the liquids until I can think of something to do with them:

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Feb 20, 2017

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Rutibex posted:

:eyepop:
I am done with Furnace Generators, its lava from now on (until I can make a proper Big Reactor :twisted:)
No really, the high-temp furnaces are an interesting problem. You have to basically flood them with wood but then they can be sustained with a steady stream, and earn you 1.5 kRF/tick. It requires a bit of handling to get right and a dash of masochism.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

No really, the high-temp furnaces are an interesting problem. You have to basically flood them with wood but then they can be sustained with a steady stream, and earn you 1.5 kRF/tick. It requires a bit of handling to get right and a dash of masochism.

Did they ever fix the bug where they would produce ever increasing amounts of power until they overflowed and went negative?

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Cantorsdust posted:

Did they ever fix the bug where they would produce ever increasing amounts of power until they overflowed and went negative?

I think so. I remember looking it up, and I never managed to make it happen by the time I played with it.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

given minecraft mods you'd think someone would make one that specifically harnesses negative overflow energy

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.
Astral Sorcery is really pretty for a Minecraft mod, especially the attunement ritual, but the documentation's so sparse right now it's hard to tell how to actually get much out of it. I've no idea how to increase alignment to unlock more perks, or what most of the rituals do.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Taffer posted:

The problem isn't lack of documentation, it's just that the system is annoying to set up and not satisfying as an engineering or logistics problem like good tech mods are. It's just really uninteresting

That's very true. I was more commenting about complaints that it was hard to figure out. The GP system does not add much (merely some "have you built enough" checks, in effect) and without the machines are, well, just generic. I do still stand by the non-machine stuff being overall improved.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Man, this modpack gets some weird issues. I'm playing Bee Happy, which normally has quests that give you a set of fully-upgraded Redstone Furnace, Sawmill, and Pulverizer, and a later quest gives an Igneous Extruder that for some reason has buckets of mead in its upgrade slots and a quest to change those buckets for actual upgrades.

I generated an actual world and worked my way up to those quests. Much more difficult, because almost right off the bat it wants you to hand in a Carpenter (Which is normally tucked in a Carpenter's Safe on the edge of one of the platforms). So I went and got some bronze going, made a pair of carpenters, one for the quest, one for me, and started getting my machinery.

The Furnace, Sawmill, and Pulverizer all have Slime Embiggening Syringes in their upgrade slots. The Igneous Extruder instead has Shiny Axes, two of which are slightly damaged. :psyduck:

And the recipes for the upgrades all require metal nuggets, and the only way to get those is from bees (The recipes to split bars into nuggets are disabled). Or possibly oreberry bushes, but I haven't found many of those yet. So it'll be a little while before I can really start automating.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Dareon posted:

Man, this modpack gets some weird issues. I'm playing Bee Happy, which normally has quests that give you a set of fully-upgraded Redstone Furnace, Sawmill, and Pulverizer, and a later quest gives an Igneous Extruder that for some reason has buckets of mead in its upgrade slots and a quest to change those buckets for actual upgrades.

I generated an actual world and worked my way up to those quests. Much more difficult, because almost right off the bat it wants you to hand in a Carpenter (Which is normally tucked in a Carpenter's Safe on the edge of one of the platforms). So I went and got some bronze going, made a pair of carpenters, one for the quest, one for me, and started getting my machinery.

The Furnace, Sawmill, and Pulverizer all have Slime Embiggening Syringes in their upgrade slots. The Igneous Extruder instead has Shiny Axes, two of which are slightly damaged. :psyduck:

And the recipes for the upgrades all require metal nuggets, and the only way to get those is from bees (The recipes to split bars into nuggets are disabled). Or possibly oreberry bushes, but I haven't found many of those yet. So it'll be a little while before I can really start automating.

each to their own in a sandbox game and all that but I cannot think of a worse thing than a modpack centred around bees

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I tried playing around with the bee stuff included in the hermitpack mod pack for a few hours and it's a huge pain in the rear end for very little reward.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Threep posted:

Astral Sorcery is really pretty for a Minecraft mod, especially the attunement ritual, but the documentation's so sparse right now it's hard to tell how to actually get much out of it. I've no idea how to increase alignment to unlock more perks, or what most of the rituals do.

I looked around for info on this, and the only thing I've found was a 45 minute pair of youtube videos, which only went into the typical "how to use this mod to make progress on this mod" stuff. Has anyone pushed far enough into it to find out what it actually does?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

AceClown posted:

each to their own in a sandbox game and all that but I cannot think of a worse thing than a modpack centred around bees

Normally, I would agree with you. If it didn't have the quest setup it did, it would be horrible. The mapmaker definitely wants you to have fun with the bees, not interminably wait for a 10% chance of breeding the one you want and kill your only princess in the process. You start with a handful of bees, can buy more for a stack or two of the various honeycombs, and the quests practically inundate you with industrial apiaries, upgrades for same, and materials for the genetics stuff you need to breed the bees in a timely fashion.

I got interested when one of the youtubers I watch regularly started a Let's Play of the modpack.

And honestly, I haven't touched the bees yet. :ssh: Been more focused on figuring out Botania and Agricraft.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Come back with your opinions once you actually touch the bees.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

dont touch the poop bees

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Goon Danton posted:

I looked around for info on this, and the only thing I've found was a 45 minute pair of youtube videos, which only went into the typical "how to use this mod to make progress on this mod" stuff. Has anyone pushed far enough into it to find out what it actually does?
As far as I can tell there's four chapters to the book and those Youtube videos cover the first two which are the only ones that don't really do anything.

After that you align yourself with a constellation of choice and unlock a perk tree for that constellation that I haven't figured out how to progress in. I've only tried two of them, and one was combat bonuses, the other was passive fertility bonuses around me.

Instead of attuning yourself you can also attune the mod's crystals which lets you do a ritual with them. One of them is obviously also fertility, the others I'm not sure about, and it's also hard to tell how much area they cover etc.

That's about it. I hope it becomes something more or at least easier to use, because the mechanics are great.

edit: The core mechanic is that you find constellations in your sky with your telescope (and charts found as loot) that are then permanently lit up in the sky when they're visible. Then you replicate them on your attunement altar to do things with them while they're visible:

Basically all progress with the mod takes place at night since you need starlight.

Threep fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 20, 2017

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Rutibex posted:

I made a shed full of tanks to store the liquids until I can think of something to do with them

there is an Auto-caster that is powered by RF; pump them into this if they're metals

also re: the lava-generating power station i am baffled that you're still using buildcraft pipes. please consider Thermal Expansion, Magneticraft or Immersive Engineering ones. how come you've not hooked your cobblegen up to a chain (many chains?) of pulverisers smashing cobble into gravel/sand/dust that just pump items straight into the sifter?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

there is an Auto-caster that is powered by RF; pump them into this if they're metals

also re: the lava-generating power station i am baffled that you're still using buildcraft pipes. please consider Thermal Expansion, Magneticraft or Immersive Engineering ones. how come you've not hooked your cobblegen up to a chain (many chains?) of pulverisers smashing cobble into gravel/sand/dust that just pump items straight into the sifter?

I can throw the metals into my smeltery to cast them into blocks can't I? I didn't bother making an auto-smasher. I have been manually smashing up all of the gravel/sand/dust, because this mod pack lets you smash it up in its compressed form. I just use the Builders Wand to make a huge cube of compressed whatever and smash it all in one hit with the Vein Miner! I have a Red Power crafting station dedicated to making massive numbers of Stone Hammers.

I do need a larger supply of Cobblestone though. I was building up a surplus of the stuff, but that is quickly being depleted by my lava generator. One lava/water just isn't cutting it any more, I think I am going to make a stack of those fluid things from Thermal Expansion.

Edit: I have made my cobblestone Generator! This is an array of 46 Igneous Extruder! They are connected to some chests on the bottom by a bunch of Hoppers. I like to use Hoppers as much as possible, because the fancy pipes are expensive and annoying to build. I used Extra Utilities pipes to take all the Cobble into the final Condensing Drawer.

I also did a bit of exploring in this Ice World, and it turns out it is not 100% barren! I found some kind of slime island floating above the ice. I harvested every thing from this island, including all of the slime water. The water seemed to be spawning Slimes, which is really valuable to me, as I currently do not have a source of slime!

I took the Slime water back to my fluid storage. I really enjoy this map mod that allows you to make way-points and teleport where ever you want. Normally this would be a big pain, but it makes this skyblock much more bearable.

I planted the slime trees on harvested slime dirt and they seem to grow! This will be a great (and unexpected!) source of valuable slime:

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Feb 21, 2017

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Rutibex posted:

I can throw the metals into my smeltery to cast them into blocks can't I? I didn't bother making an auto-smasher. I have been manually smashing up all of the gravel/sand/dust, because this mod pack lets you smash it up in its compressed form. I just use the Builders Wand to make a huge cube of compressed whatever and smash it all in one hit with the Vein Miner! I have a Red Power crafting station dedicated to making massive numbers of Stone Hammers.

I do need a larger supply of Cobblestone though. I was building up a surplus of the stuff, but that is quickly being depleted by my lava generator. One lava/water just isn't cutting it any more, I think I am going to make a stack of those fluid things from Thermal Expansion.

Edit: I have made my cobblestone Generator! This is an array of 46 Igneous Extruder! They are connected to some chests on the bottom by a bunch of Hoppers. I like to use Hoppers as much as possible, because the fancy pipes are expensive and annoying to build. I used Extra Utilities pipes to take all the Cobble into the final Condensing Drawer.

I also did a bit of exploring in this Ice World, and it turns out it is not 100% barren! I found some kind of slime island floating above the ice. I harvested every thing from this island, including all of the slime water. The water seemed to be spawning Slimes, which is really valuable to me, as I currently do not have a source of slime!

I took the Slime water back to my fluid storage. I really enjoy this map mod that allows you to make way-points and teleport where ever you want. Normally this would be a big pain, but it makes this skyblock much more bearable.

I planted the slime trees on harvested slime dirt and they seem to grow! This will be a great (and unexpected!) source of valuable slime:

You'll wanna shear those leaves, they make the best arrow/crossbow bolt fletching. And the tree will still drop saplings.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Threep posted:

As far as I can tell there's four chapters to the book and those Youtube videos cover the first two which are the only ones that don't really do anything.

After that you align yourself with a constellation of choice and unlock a perk tree for that constellation that I haven't figured out how to progress in. I've only tried two of them, and one was combat bonuses, the other was passive fertility bonuses around me.

Instead of attuning yourself you can also attune the mod's crystals which lets you do a ritual with them. One of them is obviously also fertility, the others I'm not sure about, and it's also hard to tell how much area they cover etc.

That's about it. I hope it becomes something more or at least easier to use, because the mechanics are great.

edit: The core mechanic is that you find constellations in your sky with your telescope (and charts found as loot) that are then permanently lit up in the sky when they're visible. Then you replicate them on your attunement altar to do things with them while they're visible:

Basically all progress with the mod takes place at night since you need starlight.

yeah, it's a cool mod but the one complaint i think i have is that it's a little backloaded in terms of neat things you can do. there's not way too much to do in the first couple tiers other than maybe scout out a good place to build an astronomy tower or whatever. the tools are one of the few early things you can actually do, but, while they're neat and useful, i kind of wish there was just a bit more that the early astral sorceror can do.

also on an unrelated note, i don't think i can ever play without journeymap again. it's just...way too handy to be able to teleport to waypoints. i don't want to have to tech up some mod to be able to build a teleporter after poopsocking mountains of resources.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Black Pants posted:

You'll wanna shear those leaves, they make the best arrow/crossbow bolt fletching. And the tree will still drop saplings.

Thanks! I wasn't planning on sheering them, but now I will. I like to use a bow to snipe Creepers, and a better one would be nice.

I played a bit more Project Ozone 2. Today I decided to upgrade my storage. The crappy little thing I put together in a hurry was starting to get pretty full, and I don't want to start putting upgrades into it. A redesign was necessary! This is "The Cube", 5 layers thick of Cobblestone on each side, and no space below, this box is immune to Creepers! I wasted 6 Diamond Builders Wands making this thing. There is no entrance, the only way in is to teleport via way-point.

The Inside is lit with RedPower Lamps and Glowstone blocks. I used a massive amount of Storage Drawers, and at the center is the Drawer Controller. It is hooked up to Ender Chest White/White/White via Extra Utilities pipes. I will always carry Ender Bag White/White/White around, so I can dump items into my storage from anywhere on the map! :D I can also use this to route my sifter directly into my storage.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Feb 21, 2017

Untimely Brigand
Mar 28, 2007
Has anyone had any residual items from a removed mod still spawn in your server? I had the SkyrimCraft mod enabled on my Thermos server that I'm using for SSP with plugins, but I've removed the mod and deleted the world folder. I still have zombies dropping skeever tails, and other mobs are dropping sweet rolls. I'm certain I don't have the mod installed anymore, so I'm going nuts trying to find out why these items are still dropping. Any help would be much appreciated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
If you don't have the mod installed there's no way those things could still be dropping. You deleted the wrong folder or file, or from the wrong location, or something, because they wouldn't even have the names or icons without the mod still in the folder.
Sounds like it might be some problem with Thermos? I don't know much about this.

You say SSP but also that it's a server, could you be more specific on how you're running it exactly?