Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Open Source Idiom posted:

I've been hoping it's a joke about his role on National Treasure. Haven't quite had the guts to google it yet.

It is, and I actually reckon it's pretty uncool to make random jokes about people nonceing because some idiots will believe it.

Not as bad as spoiling Taboo, but still uncool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Noncesense

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It's like Gaydar, but so much worse.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
When they do all the new Doctor Who casting, it should be Tom Hardy as James Delaney and Matt Berry as Stephen Toast.

Don't care which is the Doctor and which is the Master, as it could work either way.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Clearly Toast as The Master, or rather, The MAST-turrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
In the show wasn't there a brief joke about him being actually in a seventies episode of the show?

This could be a good excuse to dust off my boxset. Also boo on the Taboo spoilers in the previous page. I mean, really we all knew he'd do it but still....

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

Clearly Toast as The Master, or rather, The MAST-turrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Works for me. Every time someone mentions the Doctor to him, he'd reply, 'Who?' :v:

SeanBeansShako posted:

In the show wasn't there a brief joke about him being actually in a seventies episode of the show?

Back in series 1, I think; he played an alien in a face and body-covering costume with like a one-word line.

Of course, Jonathan Pryce has already been an [unofficial] Master with Dalek bumps and everything.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

When does the crazed speculation as to the new Doctor kick in? I remember a claim that Sigourney Weaver was in the running after Ecclestone which is a) clearly bullshit, and b) too great an idea for this curs'ed world of ours.

Personally, I'm hoping for Diane Morgan.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

With Rolf Harris recently being found innocent and due for release in July, how long until we see him back on the small screen?

Is there appetite for a Rolf TV vehicle?

Delivering Potatoes With Rolf Harris.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Strom Cuzewon posted:

When does the crazed speculation as to the new Doctor kick in? I remember a claim that Sigourney Weaver was in the running after Ecclestone which is a) clearly bullshit, and b) too great an idea for this curs'ed world of ours.

Personally, I'm hoping for Diane Morgan.

I know of one elderly statesman of British entertainment that could bring a distinguished, artistic flair to Dr Who who will be looking for work this summer.

Can you tell who it is yet?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

... one elderly statesman ... who will be looking for work this summer.

Jeremy Corbyn?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Wheat Loaf posted:

Jeremy Corbyn?

Is probably less popular than the cheeky antipodean I have in mind.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pissflaps posted:

Alf from Home and Away?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

I bet it's me. It's me isn't it?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Best Taboo minor character is the old sailor with the ship hat.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

Catherine West?

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

So Tegan was actually the Watcher Doctor all along. Talk about playing the long game.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I was watching some Dad's Army episodes earlier. Captain Mainwaring's a great character. He's one of the best sitcom characters we've had.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Just heard a radio ad for SS-GB. It's only mid Feb and that already makes a whole two British drama series that have interested me.

It's a torrent.....

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
So that's Uncle finished then. Quite the shart of an ending, too.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

Disgusting Coward posted:

So that's Uncle finished then. Quite the shart of an ending, too.

Yeah, it was a bit strange. Maybe they'll do a 4th in a few years time and see what everyone's like grown up.

But I will miss Uncle a lot.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Robot Wars is back: Sunday 26th
http://www.radiotimes.com/tv-programme/e/fkdh8z/robot-wars--26022017

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
So that's No Offence finished then. Quite the shart of a series ending, too.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders
What's going on with Michelle in Eastenders? Is she having a midlife crisis or did her affair with Dirty Den at an early age cause her to become a nonce?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Please dont let Michelle Fowler be a nonce. Im suffering enough after the revelations about my favourite actor

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Michelle Fowler is back in eastenders?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Big Taff Man posted:

Please dont let Michelle Fowler be a nonce. Im suffering enough after the revelations about my favourite actor

Who have they caught this time?

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Pissflaps posted:

Michelle Fowler is back in eastenders?

It's a new actor. Also Kathy came back from the dead and some people survived getting crushed by a bus.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
Evening Great British TV thread.
Do you remember Pigeon Street? BBC kid's cartoon from the early 80s?
Well, guess what's making a comeback on indiegogo?
(not a paid shill, just desperately want to see the results of the campaign)

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Seems he wants to make an adult version.

I wonder if long distance Clara will start murdering hitchhikers.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
My girlfriend watches eastenders while I rustle my newspaper disgruntledly, and it's going through a very weird phase at the moment. Ronnie and roxy dying tragically for no reason, the big budget bus crash in which no one was killed or injured and had absolutely no bearing on any of the plot or characters at all, babe on the street screaming 'curse you! Currrrrse you!', a fox foraging in rubbish in order that danny dyer can do a metaphor, noncy Michelle, a new roguishly stereotypical Polish character.

Not that I pay any attention obviously.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The actor who plays Babe deserves a loving award for chewing the scenery the hardest. She never gives less than like, 170% at any given scene.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

The actor who plays Babe deserves a loving award for chewing the scenery the hardest. She never gives less than like, 170% at any given scene.

You can't not see her as the slitheen from Dr Who. Which would have been a great plot twist.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Just flicking through and saw 'That's so 1985' thought it would be a nice piece of fluff background TV, first thing that's mentioned? That police officer that got murdered in the Tottenham riots.

Thats sooooo 1985 :stare:

edit: now there's a plane burnout with numerous fatalities in between april fools news pieces and spitting image, wtf is up with Channel 5

eleven extra elephants fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 19, 2017

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

SEX BURRITO posted:

You can't not see her as the slitheen from Dr Who. Which would have been a great plot twist.

She's always Mrs Wobble to me.
From some kids show in the 80s.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

And mentioning that then made me thing of the show "T-bag and the... " And led me watch episodes on YouTube for an hour.

I think it was the catchy end music that makes me remember it so well.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Tsietisin posted:

And mentioning that then made me thing of the show "T-bag and the... " And led me watch episodes on YouTube for an hour.

Which lead me to find out there's loads of episodes of Telebugs on Youtube, but seemingly not the later ones I desperately want to see again.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Ive seen babe and Im pretty sure that was a real pig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Tsietisin posted:

T-Bag was bloody awful, I hated that as a kid, but wasn't Kelly "Me Julie" Bright in it?

The_Doctor posted:

Which lead me to find out there's loads of episodes of Telebugs on Youtube, but seemingly not the later ones I desperately want to see again.

Christ, I remember Telebugs but thought no-one else did