Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mikl posted:

Poor Mikaros, a 1500-year-long plan and it just resulted in him eating a dick :laugh:

Talk poo poo get hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-089--Helck-s-choice?id=347325

Edil and Hyura's Valentine's Day :3:

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 19, 2017

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

This is going in weird directions. Not sure I appreciate it.

Cute Valentines bonus though.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

What

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh
Ohhhhh
My heart is bracing for more aches

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oh
Ohhhhh
My heart is bracing for more aches

No way Vamirio is going to let him accept that trade.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

I was kind of expecting this to go in another direction when I saw the tree:

edit: Whoops, I got the panel order confused. Welp :effort:

And More fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 20, 2017

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

No way Helck is being allowed to take this but I don't get why they aren't offering to back him up too and give him his body back when it's done. Do they just not have the space or what?

Also I imagined super-powerful Helckomputer and giggled

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm not really sure why a gestalt mind would do any better than helck himself.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Shugojin posted:

No way Helck is being allowed to take this but I don't get why they aren't offering to back him up too and give him his body back when it's done. Do they just not have the space or what?

Because they'll never be done.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

RatHat posted:

Because they'll never be done.

yeah but they could at least lie if that was the case

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Set up a plot line about 4 dead kings. Next chapter make it completely irrelevant.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
I'm not 100% sure what happened with that.

So Mikaros thought that the king amalgamate thing just had the consciousness of the four kings, which he could control - but in reality the body was entirely under the control of the consciousness of the ancient humans? They just took over after Mikaros added the "king of domination" to the amalgamate thing?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
So do you think the king was really waiting for the right opening to stop mikaros, or did it go along with his plan this far specifically to get a massive bargaining chip with Helck?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the plan predates helck's birth, possibly by centuries.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the plan predates helck's birth, possibly by centuries.

For all we know Kingy's plan could have BEEN Helck's birth I.e. human husbandry.

Probably not, but it doesn't seem out of the scope of his power.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Shugojin posted:

they specifically mention that one ego gets wiped out when they take over. if helck lets them in, there won't be any giving the body back because helck won't be there anymore

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Rodyle posted:

For all we know Kingy's plan could have BEEN Helck's birth I.e. human husbandry.

Probably not, but it doesn't seem out of the scope of his power.

I hope not. I really like Helck being "unexplained" ...but now we're totally in "explain everything for the next 2 dozen chapters" mode. I don't care if the world doesn't make alot of canonical sense, because it's a character driven story.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
helck's birth wasn't planned. cless was only discovered by accident and everyone ignored helck. helck only became relevant once he demonstrated his strength. of course, his worth isn't only that strength. the control king isn't likely to acknowledge that, though.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Helck's worth is in his UNFATHOMABLE KINDNESS.

He just also happens to be powerful.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I appreciate a good self-contained story that has a deeper world around it but doesn't actually go into it, but when a good writer decides to deep dive on the lore of their super interesting world I am all the way in. I get why a lot of people tend to feel like that kind of thing can bog a story down, and in the wrong hands I absolutely agree, but I'm legitimately super interested in what the gently caress is happening with the Will of the (New) World stuff. It's fascinating to me.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the more we learn about the new world the radder the dragon emperor seems. i want to know more about the dude who has held the world in place by himself for thousands of years.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dragon emperor is gonna turn out to be piuy's dad wearing fake dragon wings

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

dragon emperor is gonna turn out to be piuy's dad wearing fake dragon wings

The HELLO would be the best chapter end cliffhanger of all time

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Oh my god that would be the best :allears:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The dragon emperor is holding back the new world by sheer power of whimsy.
Hes just so happy, all the time.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I have a feeling that they didn't erase the original king's ego but instead they displaced it, Zero Escape style. In before piuy is the body it was displaced into.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Coffee Mugshot posted:

I have a feeling that they didn't erase the original king's ego but instead they displaced it, Zero Escape style. In before piuy is the body it was displaced into.

dang, you really must want a bad ending. the mind of a vicious tyrant in the most powerful body alive?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

".....Hello."

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
He is not a bird... because he is a dragon

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Helck - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-090--An-existence-of-hope-and-despair?id=348898

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

...This makes sense, in its own way.

And so clearly it is also the Will of the World to say HELLO to every living thing and thus Piuy came to be.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i guess that dark power wasn't a normal hero thing after all.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
Welp, here we go.

This twist is obviously to explain Helck's expert cooking.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So that was a very stupid thing to do now wasn't it?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ConanThe3rd posted:

So that was a very stupid thing to do now wasn't it?

the king didn't really know what the will of the world thing even was, much less that he could not mindjack someone with access to it. however, the clues were there for him to figure out that helck was such a person.

see, the king didn't even try to understand just why helck was so much stronger than other heroes. if he had really thought about it, he could have figured it out as soon as helck first resisted his control. after all, the only other human who was completely immune to his control was mikaros (though rafaed still has a big ol' question mark above his head). in fact, the king was the only person with the context to realize the truth about helck.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

But wait
Its established already that heroes are new world touched.
So why is it a surprise to the king that helck has it too, unless its some special kind of contact to the will that makes it like this then im not sure at all

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
regular heroes can't do helck's berserker thing.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

But wait
Its established already that heroes are new world touched.
So why is it a surprise to the king that helck has it too, unless its some special kind of contact to the will that makes it like this then im not sure at all

Helck has been touched ... in a special way.

Someone get the doll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Helck has been touched ... in a special way.

Someone get the doll.

Img_piuy_plush.jpg

• Locked thread