Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Kavak posted:

I unironically want Bioware to cross the incest threshold and have people defend it.

There was (optional) incest in Jade Empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Just be aware that multiplayer in ME3 was basically a failed side project grafted on to the game late in production. Given how popular it became I believe they'll put a lot more effort into it this time around.

Kavak posted:

I unironically want Bioware to cross the incest threshold and have people defend it.

Yeah no there is enough terrible fan poo poo to come out of Mass Effect. Let HBO have the incest fans for Game of Thrones off in a corner please. :smith:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Doctor Spaceman posted:

There was (optional) incest in Jade Empire.

I had to think about it for a second before I realized what counted in that game.

Trast posted:

Just be aware that multiplayer in ME3 was basically a failed side project grafted on to the game late in production. Given how popular it became I believe they'll put a lot more effort into it this time around.

Yeah no there is enough terrible fan poo poo to come out of Mass Effect. Let HBO have the incest fans for Game of Thrones off in a corner please. :smith:

Failed? :v:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Failed as an individual side project, I believe.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Not much known about it other than it was supposed to be a multiplayer FPS set in the ME universe.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_Team_Assault

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

I had to think about it for a second before I realized what counted in that game.

It's been ages since I've played Jade Empire but I think you can trigger that scene (and even finish the game) without realising that it is incest.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

marshmallow creep posted:

Though to be clear, they have also said multiplayer does not affect endings or anything like that. It is purely for getting goodies as far as SP is concerned.

As much as it would annoy the fan base, just going hog wild with nonsensical mp classes is the correct option. Like 1/3rd of the options in ME3 had flimsy backstories or just didn't make sense. But a team of a volus vanguard power punching aliens in the nuts, a 10 foot tall Geth, a loving Collector and your ships AI gone shotgun murderbot? Why not!

The sheer variety was part of what made it so good.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Relentless posted:

As much as it would annoy the fan base, just going hog wild with nonsensical mp classes is the correct option. Like 1/3rd of the options in ME3 had flimsy backstories or just didn't make sense. But a team of a volus vanguard power punching aliens in the nuts, a 10 foot tall Geth, a loving Collector and your ships AI gone shotgun murderbot? Why not!

The sheer variety was part of what made it so good.

A team of all volus entering into the multiplayer fray to the tune of Ducktales (awoo-ooh!).

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Eponymous posted:

Really, the Geth seem like the race that'd be easiest to sneak onto the Andromeda project. They just need to sneak however many programs they can into some corner of a huge government project, then they can 3D print themselves new bodies when they arrive. Or en route, maybe we get all the new tech from bored AI brainstorming jetpacks for a couple centuries.

Geth do not infiltrate.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's been ages since I've played Jade Empire but I think you can trigger that scene (and even finish the game) without realising that it is incest.

Looked it up to check, and you can. You find out if you progress another follower's sub-quest before a certain point in the story.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kavak posted:

Fire Emblem Fates was enough, thanks.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Hey man, you were only a blood relative of one romance option in Fates. :colbert:

Two, if you romanced said relative's child. :shepface:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Schubalts posted:

Hey man, you were only a blood relative of one romance option in Fates. :colbert:

Two, if you romanced said relative's child. :shepface:

Yeah, that doesn't really make it better since there are also 8 people who consider you a sibling (with 4 literally believing they're proposing/being proposed to by a blood sibling until you get a dead mom deus ex letter telling you you can bone since you're not directly related)

Also you can marry their 4 kids which is even more since you don't get deus ex mom letter so you're just marrying your niece/nephew :shepface:

Zore fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Feb 20, 2017

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

If it's a royal family it's just being realistic.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

It's two royal families.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Wasn't sure the radial menu was going to be used for powers at all at this point.

That's something at least.

A favorite returns!

And more Todd McFarlane toys:

yeah, i pre-orded that. the titanfall one is pretty neat and the only plastic crap things i have of mass effect is 2 of the blind box figures, a ellcor plush and a garrus funko.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
New romance option confirmed

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

Nice final panel, the funniest part of a joke is having a series of characters explain why it's funny.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Nice final panel, the funniest part of a joke is having a series of characters explain why it's funny.

Oh ok i'll pass your feedback on to the webmaster/webmistress of https://www.asketchbookthing.tumblr.com

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zore posted:

Geth are also like the single lore species you couldn't justify (along with the Awakened Collector I guess). Everyone else could feasibly have tagged along for shits and giggles but the Geth are literally at war with all the milky way species when they launched the initiative (especially since they 'attacked the Citadel' with Sovereign) and they would have 0 reason to cooperate if they did end up in Andromeda.

You could probably still have them as an enemy faction if you said they just sent out a ship to explore andromeda like one hundred years previous for some reason. But that'd be weird and kinda dumb.

On the other hand they did the Awakened Collector in ME3 along with the Cerberus dudes so :shrug:

*waves hands*

These Geth are a renegade offshoot faction that think like Legion did. Also they followed the ark powered down drifting in space and just woke up.

Buy this DLC for :10bux: and play as a Geth whatever today.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
pre-release fanart of a video game is Extremely Good

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

no monocole, 0/10

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Justifying the Geth in andromeda would be very easy and people have given numerous potential explanations for why they'd show up already

As for why the ark people wouldn't immediately go to war with the geth is probably best explained with "a lot of people would loving die" so unless the Geth are outright hostile it'd be easy to write them in as another faction in Andromeda with a strained relationship to the citadel races

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Andromeda Geth could be like Microsoft Clippy.

Hi, it seems you're having trouble with murderous aliens attacking you that you can't defend against. Would you like help with that?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Your sibling is so horribly injured in their cryo accident The Initiative have no choice but to upload their conciousness and build them a robot body. Things just sorta spiral out of control from there.

Geth, with daddy issues.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

jfood posted:

Your sibling is so horribly injured in their cryo accident The Initiative have no choice but to upload their conciousness and build them a robot body. Things just sorta spiral out of control from there.

Geth, with daddy issues.

Geth with daddy issues is literally the Geth from game one.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Is it still incest if you pork your sibling when they've been mechanized

technically its no longer their body after all

furthermore,

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Milky Moor posted:

pre-release fanart of a video game is Extremely Good

The Jaal thread on the BSN fan forums is 300 pages long.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Geth with daddy issues is literally the Geth from game one.

Easy with the misogyny and transphobia there, buddy. Quarians can be female, male or anything in between.

Also, 'are' not 'is'. gently caress, that was such an offensive post.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

The Jaal thread on the BSN fan forums is 300 pages long.

Have they called him Catflaps yet?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Somebody on reddit said Jaal looks like a "cat poking its head out of a giant vagina"

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Deakul posted:

i want to have sex with new sara ryder

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

jfood posted:

Easy with the misogyny and transphobia there, buddy. Quarians can be female, male or anything in between.

Also, 'are' not 'is'. gently caress, that was such an offensive post.

You're not mocking real issues, I hope.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

VideoGames posted:

You're not mocking real issues, I hope.

From what they wrote, and I don't mean to put words into their mouth, but I don't believe they were trying to mock proper grammar.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Drifter posted:

From what they wrote, and I don't mean to put words into their mouth, but I don't believe they were trying to mock proper grammar.

imma stickler 4 prpr typin n gramma

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Bud K ninja sword posted:

i for one embrace this brave new world of 14.99 dlc waifus and.. well i dunno what the term is for guys so we'll call them "waidudes"

fuckpacks? snuggleboxes? barrel-o-dicks?

e: OOOH chock full o nuts!

please, they are simply husbandos

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Even if this game turns out to be bad, i must say i have enjoyed this thread alot! Thank you internet people!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

It is kinda funny, the thread rating keeps going down as the game nears but there really isn't much reason for it. I mean I am not half as excited for this as I was ME2 but it doesn't look awful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

evilmiera posted:

It is kinda funny, the thread rating keeps going down as the game nears but there really isn't much reason for it. I mean I am not half as excited for this as I was ME2 but it doesn't look awful?

Yes but have you seen a slowed-down gif with some bad animation?