Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Samizdata posted:

FFS. If they had anything like a competent QA team, we wouldn't be seeing the illicitly copied art assets.

See? Another good reason why they should forego that silly luxury. No QA = happy goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Who'd have thought hearing the same canned lines over and over would get annoying. Still at least the rest of the Star Citizen experience is not at all repetitive...

*crawls out of wank pod for the 400th time*

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

They do have a QA team, full of pretty well qualified staff.

Shame they all spend most of their time QAing crobbler's lovely mocap movie rather than the bugfest that is supposed to be the "game".

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Xaerael posted:

They do have a QA team, full of pretty well qualified staff.

Shame they all spend most of their time QAing crobbler's lovely mocap movie rather than the bugfest that is supposed to be the "game".

Then they are not a QA team, but a continuity team. :colbert:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Samizdata posted:

Then they are not a QA team, but a continuity team. :colbert:

Exactly.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
RESUPPLYING AMMO FROM A DISTANCE MAKES YOUR ARM STRETCH FAR.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Load into Crusader
2 Get to Kareah
3 Go to the ammo box
4 stand far away from it but close enough to use it
5 restock on ammo
6 Keep trying and getting closer until it gives you the animation
7 Your arm will stretch in a very strange way.

ACTUAL RESULT
When you try to get ammo and are far from the ammo box your arm will stretch to the box from quite a ways away.

EXPECTED RESULT
I would expect my arm to not become a Mr. Fantastic appendage.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
2.6.1LIVE: ANVIL GLADIATOR PILOT SEAT IS FLOATING BENEATH THE FUSELAGE

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Spawn the Anvil Gladiator at Port Olisar
2 Take the ship on a flight somewhere and EVA around the ship then approach the ship to re-enter
3 Observe the position and appearance of the pilot seat

ACTUAL RESULT
As seen in the accompanying picture, the pilot's seat is seen floating, unattached beneath a closed fuselage with no attachment to the ship

EXPECTED RESULT
I would expect to see the opening at the bottom of the fuselage where the seat with its pilot had been transported down from the pilot's flight position, along a rail attached to the seat.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

hahahaha the bodyhorror glitches are always my favourites

DRRRRR
DRRRRR
DRRRRR

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

AP posted:

RESUPPLYING AMMO FROM A DISTANCE MAKES YOUR ARM STRETCH FAR.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Load into Crusader
2 Get to Kareah
3 Go to the ammo box
4 stand far away from it but close enough to use it
5 restock on ammo
6 Keep trying and getting closer until it gives you the animation
7 Your arm will stretch in a very strange way.

ACTUAL RESULT
When you try to get ammo and are far from the ammo box your arm will stretch to the box from quite a ways away.

EXPECTED RESULT
I would expect my arm to not become a Mr. Fantastic appendage.

Not a bug, Stimpire limb replacement CONFRIMED

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrhDRJibuYE

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Banging choon mate, got any pills on ye?

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Rescheduled, not cancelled. :smuggo:

https://clips.twitch.tv/pcgamer/DrabGullWinWaker

:smith:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I'll give CIG one thing, they're pretty loving expert at burning bridges.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

did i miss something cool in the last twelve pages

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

alf_pogs posted:

did i miss something cool in the last twelve pages

The two posts above yours and that's pretty much it.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Astroniomix posted:

The two posts above yours and that's pretty much it.

there are so many outstanding Q's for star citizen and very few solid A's

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
All the companies in-game are just the real life names of companies Chris worked at in the past. Sad!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

there are so many outstanding Q's for star citizen and very few solid A's

If we're talking quality assurance, the reverse becomes true

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Since CIG is delivering by not delivering, here's a tangent:

Some D-celebrity in Germany (won the Eurotrash Contest back in 2010) surprisingly went the way of most celebrities by having an awful taste in
boyfriends. After she broke up, he posted nekkid pictures of her, which is why people are again paying attention to her in 2017.

It seems like Sandi has found a new host:

Einbauschrank fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Feb 20, 2017

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Chris invented the concept of walking around on a spaceship.
COPYRIGHT - DO NOT STEAL

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Part 2 of that guy's Q&A summary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxkcXO6i7d8

No Sataball anytime soon. They poo poo on Illfonic some more. Say their FPS team will end up with much better FPS and EVA action than where Illfonic was heading and that trying stuff and throwing it out is part of being in pre-alpha.

Apparently people roleplay security guards in Kareah which the CIG guy uses as an example of "stories being built" in the PU despite there being very little actual content.

Guy claims they have secret gravity tech that blows his mind but they're not allowed to use it yet because it's tech for a race that's not in the game yet.

Says the Gamescom demo was real and one playthrough and "right now, it all looks ten times better."

COO says they're "working really hard on getting Squadron 42 and, um, Star Citizen moved forwards. Uh, this year, I think we're, we're gonna look to do two or three major updates. So we'll be adding more locations, more ships, more gameplay, we're definitely gonna be bringing jobs in so that, you know, you can start actually having missions that're based around your kind of careers and archetypes you wanna play, uh, those are all gonna be parts of the updates as we move through this year. Um, and generally just really trying to pull together -- the experience closer and closer to what, you know, we all know the final Star Citizen experience is gonna be. Um, and I think it's gonna be really exciting this year with each incremental, uh, delivery we make you guys will get closer and closer to, you know, that final vision. Um, so, it's coming? But, you know, still be patient because we're not gonna release it until it's ready."

Obviously dancing around the issues of planetary landings and additional solar systems.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

It's weird to me how someone can be a SC 'white knight' even if they're in for the bare minimum and recommend waiting for the commercial release. I think even people like MoMA and the former INN shills recommend waiting unless you really want to support development. Then WTF is so wrong with a potential SC backer hearing that the game might be total poo poo, or never come out at all. Is that not every bit as plausible as the game ever coming out with all the features Chris has talked about? If you really had faith you'd let "trolls" have their say and trust the public to make an informed decision without your commentary, and trust CIG to be able to finish the game with over $143 million.

BTW, I like your reddit posts, but there's been way too many r/DS and Gremlich screenshots when literally every post they make is insane. That said, I won't stop posting AdzAdama stuff, as it's brilliant art, and I think going from like 20 imgur views to ~1,000 encourages him to keep going.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Euro Truck Simulator, who fuckin knew? It's strangely fun putting on a radio station and dropping poo poo off in France

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Chin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxkcXO6i7d8

Apparently people roleplay security guards in Kareah which the CIG guy uses as an example of "stories being built" in the PU despite there being very little actual content.

The fidelitous experience of being a security guard in a dead shopping mall

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

I'm fairly certain I know AdzAdama from when I played EVE like, 7 years ago and it really doesn't shock me he's as batshit insane about Star Citizen as he is.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

skaboomizzy posted:

The fidelitous experience of being a security guard in a dead shopping mall

There may be only 17 known missions, but if you're willing to waste your time like an idiot, there's potentially millions of unknown missions to enjoy.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

peter gabriel posted:

Euro Truck Simulator, who fuckin knew? It's strangely fun putting on a radio station and dropping poo poo off in France

Should work great with VR.

Remove the speed limiter and rack up fines.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

MilesK posted:

It's weird to me how someone can be a SC 'white knight' even if they're in for the bare minimum and recommend waiting for the commercial release. I think even people like MoMA and the former INN shills recommend waiting unless you really want to support development. Then WTF is so wrong with a potential SC backer hearing that the game might be total poo poo, or never come out at all. Is that not every bit as plausible as the game ever coming out with all the features Chris has talked about? If you really had faith you'd let "trolls" have their say and trust the public to make an informed decision without your commentary, and trust CIG to be able to finish the game with over $143 million.

BTW, I like your reddit posts, but there's been way too many r/DS and Gremlich screenshots when literally every post they make is insane. That said, I won't stop posting AdzAdama stuff, as it's brilliant art, and I think going from like 20 imgur views to ~1,000 encourages him to keep going.

Whale management. Assume you pay for a SQ42+SC combo, and that's it. You are probably smart enough to realise that the game isn't getting made if everyone was like you, but want an awesome space game where you are getting a ridiculous amount of bang for your $60. Telling people who will get upset that they spent $45 on garbage to hold off, and keeping the trolls at bay is in your best interests as a basic package backer.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

peter gabriel posted:

Euro Truck Simulator and Farm Simulator are both games that shouldn't be fun on paper, but actually are fun because the developers had the required talent and drive to take their initial trash simulators and polish them into an enjoyable and cohesive experience. Both of those game came out of the hundreds upon hundreds of garbage simulator titles you can find tons of rip-it-apart let's plays of. Stuff like New York Bus Simulator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWazu5omXzA

Hilarious stream, by the way.

Euro Truck and Farm Simulator's developers found the depth that was possible, then figured out how to make it playable and enjoyable. If you look at the very first iterations of Farm Simulator, it's little better than Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. They grabbed that initial little interest, and matured it. Both of those games now have very strong followings.

Chris Roberts is going the opposite direction. He's taking something that sounds great to begin with, and driving it straight into the garbage disposal.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Einbauschrank posted:

Since CIG is delivering by not delivering, here's a tangent:

Some D-celebrity in Germany (won the Eurotrash Contest back in 2010) surprisingly went the way of most celebrities by having an awful taste in
boyfriends. After she broke up, he posted nekkid pictures of her, which is why people are again paying attention to her in 2017.

It seems like Sandi has found a new host:

:yikes:

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Chin posted:

No Sataball anytime soon.

Meanwhile FFXIV are working on adding blitzball.

Which will come out first I wonder?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Yeah, wtf

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I love the amount of anticipation for Santaball from the community. CIG wastes a bunch of effort for something that isn't integrated into the PU, and after a patch cycle the game mode will be empty. Just like Arena Command, Racing, Area 18, and where Star Marine will be soon. The hanger makes for a good screen saver and a place to shill ships for streamers. It is the most useless module, but also the only one that is worth developing. Santaball in weeks, not months.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Colostomy Bag posted:

Should work great with VR.

Remove the speed limiter and rack up fines.

Yeah man I was in the CV1, I found a great country radio station and trucked along while a dude sang about leaving his wife then another dude sang about quitting his job, it was amazing!

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Tokamak posted:

I love the amount of anticipation for Santaball from the community. CIG wastes a bunch of effort for something that isn't integrated into the PU, and after a patch cycle the game mode will be empty. Just like Arena Command, Racing, Area 18, and where Star Marine will be soon. The hanger makes for a good screen saver and a place to shill ships for streamers. It is the most useless module, but also the only one that is worth developing. Santaball in weeks, not months.
Reckon someone told Chris about Blitzball from FFX and he decided he just HAD to add it in?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

XK posted:

Chris Roberts is going the opposite direction. He's taking something that sounds great to begin with, and driving it straight into the garbage disposal.

Yep, creating "Buying the Farm Simulator."

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Euro Truck Simulator is a great example of where fidelity is thrown away for playability. You can do a run across Europe that should take a day or two in 30 minutes. All the distances are drastically shortened. If Chris Roberts were developing that game, you'd have to sit at the Euro Tunnel loading area for 2 hours waiting for the next train, wait out the Chunnel ride, then spend 12 hours driving to Hungary.

I think he really misses the completely fundamental concept that games are supposed to be fun. Simulating things is all cool and fun, but you cut out the boring poo poo for your game. Samus Aran doesn't have to take bathroom breaks. Farm Simulator doesn't make you wait multiple real months for crops to grow. You always cut out the non-fun stuff for a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Glory to the Stimpire!