Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

the establishment liberals are all about letting the rich do as they please, their disdain of the working man is one aspect to The Fall of Hillary Clinton and why sanders is so popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

nobody's saying to take away "all" of their money, you dumbfucks

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Liberalism was devised specifically to protect rich people's money. That's its first and only component. All other apparent ideas are either an extension of the core principle, or a concession to keep the plebs from sharpening their guillotines.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

get that OUT of my face posted:

nobody's saying to take away "all" of their money, you dumbfucks

I am.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

If you take away all the rich people's money then they can't decide to be magnanimous with 2% of it and give us parks and stuff. You idiot, you cur.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
How will the poor bankers pay to heat their pools or fly to aspen for the ski season if they don't earn more in bonuses than the entire minimum wage class in total earnings? Think of how bereft of worth a life without d'agustation plates is!

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Liberalism was devised specifically to protect rich people's money. That's its first and only component. All other apparent ideas are either an extension of the core principle, or a concession to keep the plebs from sharpening their guillotines.

It's really disgusting.

I'm seeing a lot of the population just get fed up with the excuses and the distractions these people throw out to protect their wealth and power.

Donald Trump is a dangerous rear end in a top hat who could cause a lot of irreversible damage to this country. But you know what? Sadly he's correct on the statement of the press being the enemy of the :911: people. (perhaps not in the manner he was thinking he was going to be) The media outlets he tossed out were responsible for our country going down this path, and they need to be held accountable

People get alarmed at him throwing out those poo poo outlets under the bus, but frankly I don't mind it. Those people have lost so much respect from the American people as a whole that they need to be separated from their corporate masters and the people involved in that industry really need to be purged.

I used to think that the likes of Fox News, Limbaugh, etc were the "enemy" of advancing the causes of the rich, etc. But now it's pretty obvious that the problem also lies with the fact that their "liberal" counterparts do not do their jobs to serve the american people, but rather serve the rich and powerful as well.

I apologize for sounding like I'm even remotely defending Trump here. But perhaps it's far better if we all realized that the NYT is owned by a multi-billioniare in Carlos Silm, CNN is a subsidiary of Time Warner, NBC is a subsidiary of Comcast/GE, etc, etc

e: Look at how these assholes carry the water for the Military Industrial Complex for christ's sake. Christ NYT ran poo poo on the front page to get our asses into Iraq based on lies.

FuzzySkinner has issued a correction as of 00:14 on Feb 20, 2017

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

The rich and elite in this country had better be careful in regards to ignoring the needs of the disenfranchised in this country.

Because eventually? It's not going to end well. It's already manifested itself in the election of Trump. I don't want to know what the next step is going to be, but dear god, I hope they get their heads out of their asses before we get to that point.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief
as an enemy of the cause, with an 18th century sword under my canopy bed, what should I expect when the end comes?

our armies can stomp the common people into the ground at a moment's notice, what will be your tools of combat? terrorism? we may turn to bombing this country like its Syria. what are the tools the people have for ending the corruption and greed that have been chomping on the republic consistently since 1964?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Much like when he shat on Bill for his own history of sexual assault, calling out the media is something that Trump is technically correct to do but it can't be forgotten that it's coming from an absolutely deplorable place: A likely rapist who just wants to deflect from his own bullshit/A fascist who literally believes he should never be covered negatively.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Oh Snapple! posted:

Much like when he shat on Bill for his own history of sexual assault, calling out the media is something that Trump is technically correct to do but it can't be forgotten that it's coming from an absolutely deplorable place: A likely rapist who just wants to deflect from his own bullshit/A fascist who literally believes he should never be covered negatively.

:perfect:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

as an enemy of the cause, with an 18th century sword under my canopy bed, what should I expect when the end comes?

our armies can stomp the common people into the ground at a moment's notice, what will be your tools of combat? terrorism? we may turn to bombing this country like its Syria. what are the tools the people have for ending the corruption and greed that have been chomping on the republic consistently since 1964?

The problem with relying on the army to preserve your power is when you send them to put down the uprising and they realise 'hey that's my cousin in the crowd, why should I shoot him?' Propping up the military as the social welfare state is going to have some unforseen consequences should the poor rise up.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Byolante posted:

The problem with relying on the army to preserve your power is when you send them to put down the uprising and they realise 'hey that's my cousin in the crowd, why should I shoot him?' Propping up the military as the social welfare state is going to have some unforseen consequences should the poor rise up.
the solution is clearly robot riot police

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Byolante posted:

isn't that what happened in the Soviet Union, Romania and other eastern bloc states?

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
good thing the previous administration didn't set a standard of sending automated robotic killers with no friends, no family, and no conscience to blow up the enemies of the united states

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/imraansiddiqi/status/833542769020850177

good loving god.

e: More fun

https://twitter.com/alexdnz/status/833073706473779200

e2: because I don't feel like double posting. They literally just blamed us goons for the rise of Trump. Holy loving poo poo.

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/833399405592076288

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/833406669044449287

also...gently caress George Takei as of late. He's so whiny, self righteous and annoying.

FuzzySkinner has issued a correction as of 08:21 on Feb 20, 2017

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

just a reminder that the clinton campaign spent time putting up a long essay on their website about how a green cartoon frog was a symbol of white supremacy

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://twitter.com/imraansiddiqi/status/833542769020850177

good loving god.

e: More fun

https://twitter.com/alexdnz/status/833073706473779200

e2: because I don't feel like double posting. They literally just blamed us goons for the rise of Trump. Holy loving poo poo.

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/833399405592076288

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/833406669044449287

also...gently caress George Takei as of late. He's so whiny, self righteous and annoying.

wait. is there and article saying that WE helped trump win because lol darkhumor. loving lol.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Mods knew about Trump

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Is RK Rowling not a nice person? I thought she was a nice story-telling lady. :(

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

oh good another entry in "i can only understand things when viewed through the lens of a cartoon for children" following up on an old classic

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

comedyblissoption posted:

just a reminder that the clinton campaign spent time putting up a long essay on their website about how a green cartoon frog was a symbol of white supremacy
at least she had the good sense to not equate concern about wealth inequality with racsexism on the website that nobody read

Office Surprise Store posted:

oh good another entry in "i can only understand things when viewed through the lens of a cartoon for children" following up on an old classic

4chan! *laugh track*

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Is RK Rowling not a nice person? I thought she was a nice story-telling lady. :(

Much like George Takei she lost her mind after Nov 8th. I also don't think it helped keeping her ego in check when every lame internet person uses her novels to convoy thought/message. The whole "Dumbledore's Army" thing from grown adults was just embarrassing.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

at least she had the good sense to not equate concern about wealth inequality with racsexism on the website that nobody read

4chan! *laugh track*

That's not 4chan, I think its Deviantart

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

spit on my clit posted:

http://hewillnotdivide.us/

ITS BACK BOYS

currently there's a woman with a sharpie mustache talking to the camera.

gently caress yea.

quote:

On February 18, 2017, the project relocated to a wall outside the El Rey Theater, Albuquerque

Goddamn it.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

4chan! *laugh track*

it's deviantart which raises the likelihood of the guy being sincere about needing a pony to understand the holocaust by about 99% because they get really, really, really mad about "trolling" in comments on pictures

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
someone has slandered this forum, i cant believe it

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
this man, a web comic artist, has written a blog post slandering this community.

he is truly a member of "they"

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

it may seem like a weird couple and it is, but the sex is mindblowing

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
how do a bitch with no voice use a phone?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Darkman Fanpage posted:

how do a bitch with no voice use a phone?

The cannon is that she got her voice back and became human after her husband-to-be impaled the evil sea witch in the uterus.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
thats loving bullshit also gently caress being on the land the ocean is where its at

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Darkman Fanpage posted:

thats loving bullshit also gently caress being on the land the ocean is where its at

under da sea

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

BexGu posted:

Much like George Takei she lost her mind after Nov 8th. I also don't think it helped keeping her ego in check when every lame internet person uses her novels to convoy thought/message. The whole "Dumbledore's Army" thing from grown adults was just embarrassing.

It's really bizarre that people are rallying behind these people as the "resistance".

I would also argue that prior to November 8th a lot of these people were on that road after Trump got chosen as the GOP nominee/was in the primaries. I often wonder if they'd be acting in a similar douchey fashion had HRC won (or Bernie too perhaps? To be fair).

FuzzySkinner has issued a correction as of 20:11 on Feb 20, 2017

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

FuzzySkinner posted:

It's really bizarre that people are rallying behind these people as the "resistance".

I would also argue that prior to November 8th a lot of these people were on that road after Trump got chosen as the GOP nominee/was in the primaries. I often wonder if they'd be acting in a similar douchey fashion had HRC won (or Bernie too perhaps? To be fair).

it's a group of people who spent the entire leadup to election day being smug shitheads to trump supports going "now remember, don't riot just because you lost"

then they started acting exactly like they'd been telling trump supporters not to

i mean you have to understand it from their mindset: trump stole the election because all the news sources had said hillary was already guaranteed to win, so i mean, why even bother to vote/lol how about i vote for harambe as a joke, after all, it's guaranteed

then they lost

but to directly answer your question yes they would be acting just as douchey cause they were already acting super douchy except it would have been the kind of douchey of a smug shithead going "hmmmmmmm boy isn't it great to be on the right side hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" while smiling in an rear end in a top hat way

sword_man.gif has issued a correction as of 20:46 on Feb 20, 2017

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Office Surprise Store posted:

it's a group of people who spent the entire leadup to election day being smug shitheads to trump supports going "now remember, don't riot just because you lost"

then they started acting exactly like they'd been telling trump supporters not to

i mean you have to understand it from their mindset: trump stole the election because all the news sources had said hillary was already guaranteed to win, so i mean, why even bother to vote/lol how about i vote for harambe as a joke, after all, it's guaranteed

then they lost

but to directly answer your question yes they would be acting just as douchey cause they were already acting super douchy except it would have been the kind of douchey of a smug shithead going "hmmmmmmm boy isn't it great to be on the right side hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" while smiling in an rear end in a top hat way

Yeah you gotta remember that these people regard Harry Potter, a book series whose sole morally ambiguous character is an incel shithead, as the bible

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

wait. is there and article saying that WE helped trump win because lol darkhumor. loving lol.

no, that isn't what the article says at all. all it does is say that 4chan was a goon project/forums spin-off, which is true.

it explains that the culture of 4chan itself has changed, it doesn't remotely suggest that SA is responsible for contemporary /pol/.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

ROFL Octopus posted:

Yeah you gotta remember that these people regard Harry Potter, a book series whose sole morally ambiguous character is an incel shithead, as the bible

It's just comes across as a bit of a "fad" to me.

It feels at times like people are also ditching a lot of values they currently had or are teaming up with they would otherwise find repulsive to get rid of Trump.

I don't consider the likes of Bill Kristol, Paul Krugman, Evan McMullin, and Glenn Beck to be "allies". They're not. Nothing about them changed after election day. They're still HORRIBLE people that have done/.said horrible things. Yet I see a lot of democrats cheerleading them and the millitary industrial complex re: "saving us from TRUMP".

Please don't misunderstand me on this btw. I think opposing Trump on the immigration ban and other things are noble causes. These SHOULD be done. But for these people it often doesn't come across as being concerned, but rather just being angry "because Trump" is a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

FuzzySkinner posted:

It's just comes across as a bit of a "fad" to me.

It feels at times like people are also ditching a lot of values they currently had or are teaming up with they would otherwise find repulsive to get rid of Trump.

I don't consider the likes of Bill Kristol, Paul Krugman, Evan McMullin, and Glenn Beck to be "allies". They're not. Nothing about them changed after election day. They're still HORRIBLE people that have done/.said horrible things. Yet I see a lot of democrats cheerleading them and the millitary industrial complex re: "saving us from TRUMP".

Please don't misunderstand me on this btw. I think opposing Trump on the immigration ban and other things are noble causes. These SHOULD be done. But for these people it often doesn't come across as being concerned, but rather just being angry "because Trump" is a thing.

If you really think Trump is New Hitler, fighting Hitler makes strange bedfellows

• Locked thread