Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

tangy yet delightful posted:

What does the outlet do? The white square makes me think it's a motion sensor perhaps but IDK.

It's a nightlight. It also has a light sensor so it turns on/off (and dims) with the ambient light. That part is way too sensitive, but it's also an LED so what do I care. Makes a great baby toy.

https://smile.amazon.com/Leviton-T6525-W-Combination-Resistant-Receptacle/dp/B002NWPHR4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

FishBulb posted:

Yeah I was gunna say I think we paid at least 8k and we have insurance...

My cousin and her partner are dishing out 25 grand so their baby can be born in Canada. A small price to pay so the poor little girl doesn't have to be born American, in my eyes.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

H110Hawk posted:

This is not a derail worth doing. Also I was off by $4k and that was just the facility charge.

Certainly sound worth it to me since it's a big purchase in the buy thread. Certainly interesting to know how expensive these things can get. Not planning on having a debate on the subject though, just wanted to know if the figure was realistic.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

KingColliwog posted:

Certainly sound worth it to me since it's a big purchase in the buy thread. Certainly interesting to know how expensive these things can get. Not planning on having a debate on the subject though, just wanted to know if the figure was realistic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tct38KwROdw

The answer is yes and no, depends on the state and your insurance plan.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

treiz01 posted:

My cousin and her partner are dishing out 25 grand so their baby can be born in Canada. A small price to pay so the poor little girl doesn't have to be born American, in my eyes.

Is your cousin and partner both Americans?
Because if so, jaunting off to Canada and having the baby there still makes it an American citizen.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
^ see Killer, Zodiac

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

KingColliwog posted:

For us I think we were around ~$1250 out of pocket soup to (literal) nuts. We have a $500 deductible 90/10 PPO and were in network everything. These are all contract rates: Hospital $12k, OB $1.8k (all visits and delivery), Baby hospital charge $1.7k. Plus some nickel and dime charges, and others that were covered "without cost sharing" (to the tune of $6k, which I assume is THANKS OBAMA but who knows it's insurance.) In theory the math is ($12000+1800+1700-1000)*.10 + $1000 = total, but :iiam: . ($500 deductible per patient.)

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Adding to my Kinks LP collection by slowly buying up original Pye mono releases.

So far have added, just before Christmas,

:allears:

Shortly after the new year got this one

:circlefap:

and

awiting the arrival of this one, due in probably midweek this week :dance:

I've got the stereo Pye releases, but mono is God's own sound (and the way they were originally recorded). The American Reprise mono LPs are ghastly in comparison to their British cousins.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Inzombiac posted:

Because if so, jaunting off to Canada and having the baby there still makes it an American citizen.

I'm not up on my Canadian citizenship laws but it may also have the baby being a Canadian citizen. Anchor babies could be en vogue in this administration as a way out.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

mobby_6kl posted:

I think the first deposit should not be discounted! But yeah it's really the 18-year TCO that kills the whole idea for me.

I think I'd really want the wifi version to monitor my steaks over internet, hopefully it doesn't stay twice the price of bluetooth forever.

The Wifi is pointless; all it does is let you change the temperature remotely, which you don't need to do because thats the opposite of cooking sous vide, and it tells you when your timer goes off, which you can do with a loving timer.

I've have the bluetooth version since Christmas, and I haven't used the bluetooth capabilities since the first time I tried it to see how it worked.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Needs a webcam so I can remotely look at my food doing nothing as it cooks. That's the future I was promised.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

TraderStav posted:

I'm not up on my Canadian citizenship laws but it may also have the baby being a Canadian citizen. Anchor babies could be en vogue in this administration as a way out.

I am pretty sure we do jus soli here in Canada, yeah.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

treiz01 posted:

But America is the literal best country in the world, how stupid are they

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

PCOS Bill posted:

Canada is America though.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

neongrey posted:

I am pretty sure we do jus soli here in Canada, yeah.

Yeah, they're good.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

PCOS Bill posted:

About as dumb as someone with a hilariously overpriced TRUMP AR lower.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

PCOS Bill posted:

It's not the country that is the problem, Bill

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

evobatman posted:

A Tandberg TCD 420A tape deck from 1981. Everything built from metal inside out, weighs 14 lbs. It's getting new belts and lightbulbs, and all the moving parts cleaned and oiled.

fuuuuuuuuuck. that is really nice.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MA-Horus posted:

About as dumb as someone with a hilariously overpriced TRUMP AR lower.

Man who would overpay for a lower, even with a Trump campaign design? Mine was only $50

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ChocNitty posted:

fuuuuuuuuuck. that is really nice.

I just got to thinking what tandberg means and it's tooth mountain/hill I think?

e: I guess a lot of mountains look like a tooth of some sort so not as weird as I was first imagining. Like a Vlad the Impaler but Göran the Tooth-Puller instead.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

PCOS Bill posted:

Man who would overpay for a lower, even with a Trump campaign design? Mine was only $50

You paid $50 too much.

Also Trump is a rapist. Did you get a Cosby gun to go with it?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Coffee And Pie posted:

Also Trump is a rapist.

:lol: if you think this bothers Bill or the millions of other people who knew and voted for Trump anyways.

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent
He raped all those people who waited years to come forward about incriminating one of the richest men in the world until he ran for prez then after he won disappeared into the ether never heard from again. :sad:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Zahi posted:

He raped all those people who waited years to come forward about incriminating one of the richest men in the world until he ran for prez then after he won disappeared into the ether to a gorgeous beach in another country with a bunch of money, and never heard from again. :sad:

ftfy

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Inzombiac posted:

My cousin is Canadian, her wife is Argentinian, and they live in Switzerland. Apparently they can't both be the parents in either Switzerland or France without jumping through some extraordinary hoops, so coming back here for a month and shelling out 25k was the lesser of three evils.

PCOS Bill posted:

Nice try Billy. The first world crust over your third world country is cracking, excuse me while I laugh as you all fall through it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

treiz01 posted:

My cousin is Canadian, her wife is Argentinian, and they live in Switzerland. Apparently they can't both be the parents in either Switzerland or France without jumping through some extraordinary hoops, so coming back here for a month and shelling out 25k was the lesser of three evils.

Nice try Billy. The first world crust over your third world country is cracking, excuse me while I laugh as you all fall through it.

Ah, gotcha. That's quite the quagmire but I hope it works out for them.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Ah, gotcha. That's quite the quagmire but I hope it works out for them.

Yeah, luckily the baby can get Canadian citizenship no problem.
In France they would have had to get married in France 2 months before the baby was born, and live there for at least a month, then spend approximately 4 years in a legal grey area to maybe be allowed to adopt their own baby.
At least if they stay in Geneva their grandchildren will be naturalized Swiss citizens.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

mobby_6kl posted:

I think I'd really want the wifi version to monitor my steaks over internet, hopefully it doesn't stay twice the price of bluetooth forever.

I bought this Gourmia Sous Vide unit and it works great and has WiFi and is only $120 though I got mine for $100 on sale around christmas.

I was kinda skeptical about sous vide at first but I have fallen in love with steaks done that way. So much better. The only real issue I see is if you have multiple people who like their steaks different temps but then I guess you could do them all to the lowest temp and just sear them a little more for the ones who like terrible steaks overcooked their meat cooked more.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Zahi posted:

He raped all those people who waited years to come forward about incriminating one of the richest men in the world until he ran for prez then after he won disappeared into the ether never heard from again. :sad:

you're a sack of poo poo too if this is legitimately your view on the issue

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Coffee And Pie posted:

You paid $50 too much.

Also Trump is a rapist. Did you get a Cosby gun to go with it?

Coffee And Pie raped me in 2006. I have no proof it happened and no one who can even back that he was near me at the time, but since I've said it publicly you must believe me for all time and vilify him forever. You can't not listen to a victim remember. Always believe the victim.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

PCOS Bill posted:

Coffee And Pie raped me in 2006. I have no proof it happened and no one who can even back that he was near me at the time, but since I've said it publicly you must believe me for all time and vilify him forever. You can't not listen to a victim remember. Always believe the victim.

Go gently caress yourself with your guns and slip on the trigger TIA

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bottom Liner was involved too, almost forgot

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Bottom Liner posted:

Go gently caress yourself with your guns and slip on the trigger TIA

So much for the tolerant left

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Let's not litigate this here.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Jmcrofts posted:

So much for the tolerant left

The tolerant left was always a dumb concept. There is no negotiation with Nazis, just punches.

Content: Bought this frame to build a 27.5+ but with a suspension and better drive train

absolem
May 21, 2014

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 [is] immoral
insofar as it is coercive towards someone, yes

I am retarded and compassion is overrated.

AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS

Bottom Liner posted:

The left was always a dumb concept.

ftfy

for content, first pair of sneakers Ive had in 5 years

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bill is the only idiot on my ignore list. Please stop quoting his very bad opinions.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Bill is the only idiot on my ignore list. Please stop quoting his very bad opinions.

Look man, if we have to suffer through his terrible opinions, you should suffer along with us!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe it's time for y'all to buy some big boy pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Inzombiac posted:

I waited a couple years before I felt I had to - only to realize it was a useless gesture.