Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Jimmer scored 73 points in a Chinese league game.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18718056/jimmer-fredette-scores-73-chinese-league-game

Jimmer was right all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Can't wait for the new humble Jimmer Fredette to get another NBA contract

e:

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Lockback posted:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18718056/jimmer-fredette-scores-73-chinese-league-game

quote:

Former NBA player and 2011 lottery pick Jimmer Fredette scored 73 points in a Chinese Basketball Association game. That’s the fourth-highest single-game point total in CBA history. His team somehow lost, 135-132, in overtime.

Fredette’s points were scored on an efficient 25-of-49 shooting, including 10-of-18 from three-point range and a perfect 13 makes at the line. He played more than 54 minutes and turned the ball over six times, also registering four rebounds, three assists, and three steals.

This should have been you, Adam Morrison. :(

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
The Rockets have back to back All-Star Saturday event winners!

Sam Dekker could've won this year's dunk contest too if he entered.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/833446981074821120

Wojbomb

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

That's so loving dumb

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

whyyyy does Melo have a no-trade clause

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
Rumor is that they're talking with New Orleans.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
*turns NBA Trade Deadline Weirdometer from "Swapping plumlees" to "All Stars being auctioned off"*

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Lockback posted:

For a guy who insists on dominating the ball and creating his own offense instead of settling into an NBA role within his ability, going to China to destroy lesser players was the natural outcome. He can finally do what he wants to do, because the level of competition sucks

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pls send Demarcus east. East needs more great player.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Halfling Wizard Bear posted:

Rumor is that they're talking with New Orleans.

:psyduck:

Where'd you see this? AD and Boogie would be amazing in the frontcourt but does NO even have the assets to make a move like that?

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Carlosologist posted:

:psyduck:

Where'd you see this? AD and Boogie would be amazing in the frontcourt but does NO even have the assets to make a move like that?

They should give up literally everything they have, players future picks, everything except Davis to make that move. Boogie, AD and seven pensioners would be a better roster than what they have now.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

straight up brolic posted:

The best "true rookie" (=<24) ladder is:

-Brogdon by a mile

-some foreign permutation of Willy and Juancho Hernangomii, Bertans, Dario Saric, Abrines and Siakam.

-Dorian Finney Smith, McCaw, and Caris LeVert

-Yogi Ferrell and Andrew Harrison.

-Chriss

-Buddy and Jamal Murray.

Everyone else.

It's hard to overstate how bad everyone else has been.

Ingram is playing better than most of that list (I didn't compare ALL of them, like I know Embiid and Brogdon are probably playing better) post-January at everything except three throw shooting (which he's currently nosediving in). Buddy's shooting a little bit better.

You can't really say "well sample size" either because Ingram's shooting better than Yogi over the same period of play too and he was on your list.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Hield, Holiday, Ajinca, NO's 2017 and 2019 firsts unprotected for Boogie.

If SAC doesn't think they can/want to resign Jrue then swap him out for Tyreke Evans expiring $10m and add some second rounders.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

That's so loving dumb

The Kings are dumb. Let us all join hands and pray for WhyteRyce

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

tanglewood1420 posted:

Hield, Holiday, Ajinca, NO's 2017 and 2019 firsts unprotected for Boogie.

If SAC doesn't think they can/want to resign Jrue then swap him out for Tyreke Evans expiring $10m and add some second rounders.

That would be a disaster of a trade. Franchise ruiner. If Vlade does a trade with the Pelicans he should be fired immediately.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jota posted:

That would be a disaster of a trade. Franchise ruiner. If Vlade does a trade with the Pelicans he should be fired immediately.

If he makes that trade, Sam Hinkie goes into the bball HOF this summer.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Rick posted:

Ingram is playing better than most of that list (I didn't compare ALL of them, like I know Embiid and Brogdon are probably playing better) post-January at everything except three throw shooting (which he's currently nosediving in). Buddy's shooting a little bit better.

You can't really say "well sample size" either because Ingram's shooting better than Yogi over the same period of play too and he was on your list.
He has negative win shares, a -4.4 bpm, and a TS% of 45. If he can start digging his way out of those holes by seasons end then he can get on the ladder. Same applies to Dunn.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/833461461544468480

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/833461908418228224

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

He has negative win shares, a -4.4 bpm, and a TS% of 45. If he can start digging his way out of those holes by seasons end then he can get on the ladder. Same applies to Dunn.

I mean look at where those numbers were in November, or even December. He's already more than half way crawled out of a giant hole.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Jaylen Brown has better winshare and bpm stats than most of your tier list up there so do some revising or knock some of those names off

edit: his bpm is actually horrid, i hate my rookie. Someone just shoot him.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hahah the Kings are so cool

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Cool Buff Man posted:

Hahah the Kings are so cool

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/833469366247251970

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Vivek is the problem with Sacramento

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Cool Buff Man posted:

Jaylen Brown has better winshare and bpm stats than most of your tier list up there so do some revising or knock some of those names off

edit: his bpm is actually horrid, i hate my rookie. Someone just shoot him.
it is and, like ingram, i hate him so he stays where he is for now. I want Chriss to be off, but he's actually been above replacement level.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Which Kings fan is in hell and is the reason behind these ever-crueler developments?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I'd rather have Ingram than most of the 2016 draft class, but he's a long-term project. I don't think its clear where he is on the spectrum between Kevin Durant and Jeremy Lamb. Bad Nov and Dec numbers is actually worse than not playing at all because its not clear how much the difference is him learning the game vs inconsistency.

Reminder: If DeMarcus gets traded he no longer qualifies for the Super-Max provision. Vivek could cost Boogie tens of millions of dollars by making a terrible decision.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

it's so loving hard to wash off retard in the NBA. Identifying the right people, getting the right people in place, and being willing to spend the money for them is so much of what goes on in an NBA organization and it's never going to be a day and night transition from owner to owner. Sterling and Maloof and co. have crippled their respective franchises and the Clippers are finally looking like they're getting out of it with Ballmer, who was lucky to have a roster full of veterans and a championship winning coach to atleast tell him what a winning organization looks like.

I loving despise Joe Lacob, but he's done a very good job of empowering the right people.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Time posted:

Vivek is the problem with Sacramento

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I don't remember the last time I really gave a poo poo about an all star game but I'm watching this one.

Can't wait to be let down.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

meh I'll believe it when I see it when it comes to Cousins trade rumors because his name is out there pretty much every year and nothing happens so I'm just numb to everything now

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

You know it's bad when Mutumbo gives you a full on 15 second head shake.

Also that kid is back with a roast on Deandre Jordan
https://streamable.com/yry9p

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I hope the head shake and video delete is retired Dikembe's new finger wag

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

WhyteRyce posted:

meh I'll believe it when I see it when it comes to Cousins trade rumors because his name is out there pretty much every year and nothing happens so I'm just numb to everything now

this particular set of leaks feels like a bunch of strategic maneuvering by people within the Kings (and Pels?) trying to tie the hands of Vlade and Ranadive.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012
Maybe Sacramento management is starting to realize that they're incompetent and have blown their chance at putting a decent team around Cousins while poisoning the relationship with him, so they might as well move on and try to get a bunch of young guys and draft picks from him (which they'll inevitably also screw up somehow), so this could be looked at as a good move for them!

Or whatever view you need to have about the situation to prevent yourself from throwing yourself off a bridge Whyteryce :ohdear:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Lockback posted:

I'd rather have Ingram than most of the 2016 draft class, but he's a long-term project. I don't think its clear where he is on the spectrum between Kevin Durant and Jeremy Lamb. Bad Nov and Dec numbers is actually worse than not playing at all because its not clear how much the difference is him learning the game vs inconsistency.

Reminder: If DeMarcus gets traded he no longer qualifies for the Super-Max provision. Vivek could cost Boogie tens of millions of dollars by making a terrible decision.

I think at least in his case it would've been pretty bad to not have the minutes because he's currently a "practice superstar." Whether it's nerves, the speed of the game, level of competition, whatever, his inability to translate practice to game time is the current obstacle. So I guess just from the way I look at it is the more minutes he plays the more normal the game gets (although he's actually started to play a little less, recently).

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

this particular set of leaks feels like a bunch of strategic maneuvering by people within the Kings (and Pels?) trying to tie the hands of Vlade and Ranadive.

As that one Cousins article highlighted, there are a bunch of cooks in the kitchen (not just Vivek being meddling). So for all we know, the Magic were talking to Mark Mastrov about Cousins. Shaq is probably on the phone with New Orleans. The Jacobs brothers are selling Boston on a package of Cousins with some 5G modems

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Sacramento ownership is so dumb. A legit superstar wants to re-sign with a team that has been garbage for his entire time there. Just shut up and don't gently caress it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The B_36 posted:

Maybe Sacramento management is starting to realize that they're incompetent and have blown their chance at putting a decent team around Cousins while poisoning the relationship with him, so they might as well move on and try to get a bunch of young guys and draft picks from him (which they'll inevitably also screw up somehow), so this could be looked at as a good move for them!

Or whatever view you need to have about the situation to prevent yourself from throwing yourself off a bridge Whyteryce :ohdear:

For what it's worth nearly every leak says that Cousins likes playing for the Kings. The front office and maybe even some teammates on the Kings haven't liked him playing with him much in the past but at least the teammates recent leak is he's "turned a corner."

• Locked thread