Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wait, why are Whis's sclerae black in that shot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Wait, why are Whis's sclerae black in that shot?

Same reason why Gohan looks weird in his Super Saiyan transformation in the preview. They are adding a shiton of filters, cell shading and other random crap so that old DBZ fans can stop whining about the animation

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Yes bring back Dabura, but that Dabura who had all the evil taken out of his heart and all that is left is a champion of love. He can be BFF's with Bulma and be the demon uncle for Bra, that way Pan and Bra can grow up with awesome uncles and have really neat play dates.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I love how Whis is never fazed by anything. He always has the same smile on his face no matter what.

Kind of seems to be the angels' thing in general. Dad Priest seems unconcerned by the notion of wiping out all but one universe (or by having double the Zens for that matter).

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

whis and his dad are the ultimate evil

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Stairmaster posted:

whis and his dad are the ultimate evil
If this really is the case it would certainly put Whis asking Goku if he wants to be the next God of Destruction "once Beerus kicks the bucket" into a new light.

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
Wait gently caress, Uub is Buu backwards.

I am such a loving idiot for only now getting that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

The Skeep posted:

Lmao

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Wrong thread

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

nothing gets past The Skeep

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Not to sound judgmental, but I really am curious how you missed that.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The Skeep posted:

Man if that impressed you, just wait until someone explains the triple pun that is Pan's name.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Feb 20, 2017

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Not to sound judgmental, but I really am curious how you missed that.

It's worse because its outright stated when he's introduced lol.

Raxivace posted:

Man if that impressed you, just wait until someone explains the quadruple pun that is Pan's name.

Quad? Pan (Bread) Pan (Flute) Pan (Devil/Satyr) Whats the fourth?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

snickothemule posted:

Yes bring back Dabura, but that Dabura who had all the evil taken out of his heart and all that is left is a champion of love. He can be BFF's with Bulma and be the demon uncle for Bra, that way Pan and Bra can grow up with awesome uncles and have really neat play dates.

i always forget it but one of my favorite dbz gags will always be the king of hell going to heaven and being super into it

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Kild posted:

Quad? Pan (Bread) Pan (Flute) Pan (Devil/Satyr) Whats the fourth?
It's only three, I goofed with my counting. :smith:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pan is actually Vegeta's daughter, hence, Pan(ty).

Gohan must never know.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Hate-Senpai posted:

Gohan must never know.

that would only work if she was bulma's daughter

theres probably been some fanfiction about bulma and videl that can make that happen

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Hmm You know what I am wondering the opening will change. Like maybe the alien guy is only being focused on cause he is Goku's Primary opponent of the match against U 11. Maybe the opening will change a bit when they fight a different universe.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Considering we had about 75 episodes that showed Goku and Vegeta fighting Freiza soldiers, I wouldn't count on that.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hate-Senpai posted:

Gohan must never know.

Panty is Bulma's mum, actually.

I was really shocked when I saw she had a name. It's still surprising to me.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Momomo posted:

Considering we had about 75 episodes that showed Goku and Vegeta fighting Freiza soldiers, I wouldn't count on that.

Oh great. I am watching the dub so I get to look forward to the opening being the same for the year to come?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Momomo posted:

Yes but the opening did change it's images depending on the arc. So I was thinking something of that type.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Panty is Bulma's mum, actually.

I was really shocked when I saw she had a name. It's still surprising to me.

Technically she's still nameless in that she's still called "Bulma's mom" in the credits and books. If I'm not mistaken what Toriyama said was that if he were to give her a name, it'd be "Panchi".

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah, Pan(chi) as in Punch.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

snickothemule posted:

Enough harem animes

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I kind of feel bad for people who've watched this show from the beginning and had to deal with Gohan being such a disappointment for almost two years. At least this arc seems to be changing that. Also looking forward to 17 being around.

At least a reality ending tournament will get him to fight, although unless after the exhibition he trains under Whis I don't really think he's maximizing his potential.

Also even though Baby Pan doesn't seem to change much after 9 months of aging and is mostly a cute gag character, I hope if we ever see her older she isn't her GT disappointing counterpart.

Also did the thread like the Dr. Slump episode or hate it like the other kiddies who never enjoyed old Toriyama stuff or even the old dragon ball?

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Feb 20, 2017

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

The Arale episode was very, very good. The only fault I have with it is that it's so close to the Baseball episode, which outshines it in every way.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
gohan is good, the arale episode ruled, most SA posters are old

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You know Gohan is going to job hard in this fight

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Gohan wins using the ancient salaryman technique of alcoholism endurance of late night drinking with your boss making his liver quickly wear out the poison.

Also glad we all like the Arale episode, I died laughing at Vegeta lines and Slump pulling out his own manga to :goonsay: his dead rival.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Whatever happens with Gohan happens I'm just so happy my boy got to Kamehameha a smug drugged-up kickboxing wolf into submission

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Gohan wins using the ancient salaryman technique of alcoholism endurance of late night drinking with your boss making his liver quickly wear out the poison.

Gohan does not have the hardened heart of a salaryman as he puts spending time with his family over getting a promotion.

In retrospect, that feels a bit unusual for a Japanese kid cartoon.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

Gohan does not have the hardened heart of a salaryman as he puts spending time with his family over getting a promotion.

gohan's superpower is work/life balance

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Gohan's gonna die so we get an episode of callbacks to the snake way saga.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

I mean I doubt any kid thinks Gohan is cool even if he has by far the most functional family in Dragonball.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Well every kid I knew, including me, thought Gohan was the height of cool back during the Cell Saga.

Do kids even watch Dragonball anymore or is it just us old people who used to be kids?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

NikkolasKing posted:

Well every kid I knew, including me, thought Gohan was the height of cool back during the Cell Saga.

Do kids even watch Dragonball anymore or is it just us old people who used to be kids?

I'm Japan yes, in the US who knows but if kids still watch toonami then yeah probably.

And yeah Gohan was my favorite and in retrospect is great because he's a hero with high potential that doesn't tap it because he doesn't fight unless absolutely necessary.

Also I feel like this saga might be the longest yet considering they wouldn't bring all 10 fighters unless they each get one episode.

It's just refreshing though how this is the only fighting shounen (besides hiatus x hiatus) without filler so things don't drag on.

Unrelated but what exactly happened at the end of future trunks? Did Zen destroy the whole universe and Trunks went to a branched path time ring with Mai where there are now two of both of them, and future Zen abandoned that void universe to chill with current Zen? Future Trunks world didnt really seem salvageable anyways since everyone but them were dead since Zamasu saved earth for last and was slowly torturing the entire race into extinction.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Raxivace posted:

It's only three, I goofed with my counting. :smith:

No because Gohan is rice/dinner and you cook it in a Pan.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Szmitten posted:

No because Gohan is rice/dinner and you cook it in a Pan.

Checks out, Pan is a girl and thus she belongs in the kitchen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I relate to Gohan because I'm a nerd crybaby who eats a lot

Edit : and people always accuse me of not reaching my full potential despite there not being that big a potential to reach

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Feb 20, 2017

• Locked thread