Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dandaman
Dec 30, 2005

THE MACHO MAN posted:

god I love this and I love Jagr. I hope he lands on yet another team next season.

Shut your dirty mouth!!

He's staying in Florida!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Godinster posted:

I am really not happy today.

"inconclusive"

http://i.imgur.com/dB6yh3v.jpg

What part of the game was this screenshot from? Since it clearly wasn't from that last-second play with Hellebuyck's pad on the goal post and the Jets feed didn't show anything else

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

FBS posted:

What part of the game was this screenshot from? Since it clearly wasn't from that last-second play with Hellebuyck's pad on the goal post and the Jets feed didn't show anything else

Grabbed the wrong screenshot but it was clearly over the line in the TSN post game feed

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Godinster posted:

Grabbed the wrong screenshot but it was clearly over the line in the TSN post game feed

It probably was over the line but even with a conclusive angle, Pageau pushed Hellebuyck's pad over the line with his stick

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Yeah, the puck may have gone over the line, but none of the cameras could see if it did or not.

The Sens second goal, however, was kicked in and no call was made on it, so it evens out.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

One the one hand, the Red Wings are horrible and they have 1 more regulation + OT win than Colorado in 3 more games played.

On the other hand, the Tatar-Zetterberg-Mantha is extremely cool and good: https://www.nhl.com/video/tatar-scores-from-the-circle/t-277350912/c-49567303

On the other other hand, Please Fire Ken Holland

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

CommaToes posted:

The Sens second goal, however, was kicked in and no call was made on it, so it evens out.

It absolutely should have been reviewed, as most goals off the skate should be, but no kicking motion was made and it wouldn't have been overturned.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Matthews being Matthews.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
Trying to directly compare stats from different eras is dumb, the best way to assess someone's greatness is what they did compared to what the league was doing at that time and by that standard Gretzy is still the best.

Aphrodite posted:

Everyone else on that ice got to play against the same people and I don't see any of them with 2800 points.

This

also lol at the guy who thought "Fire Julien" was unironic cmon

I give it 65% that the Habs lose to NYR on Tuesday, but then again maybe it really was just Bye Week Scaries and they won't play like poo poo

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Over the weekend Ottawa lost Hoffman, Stone, and Ryan. The only top 6 forwards left are Turris, Brassard, and Smith. Dzingel can step up, but otherwise Ottawa's pretty much screwed if those guys are out long term. Trading away or losing every tweener prospect over the last year sure isn't looking good right now.

Also, suspend Trouba.

e: lol Wingels was also potentially injured. What a game.

bub spank fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 20, 2017

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

bub spank posted:

Over the weekend Ottawa lost Hoffman, Stone, and Ryan. The only top 6 forwards left are Turris, Brassard, and Smith. Dzingel can step up, but otherwise Ottawa's pretty much screwed if those guys are out long term. Trading away or losing every tweener prospect over the last year sure isn't looking good right now.

Also, suspend Trouba.

Not to rub salt in the gaping wound, but I'm not sure Zack Smith exactly qualifies as a top-6 forward. Dude had 25 goals last year, sure, but he was also rocking a shooting percentage a full 10% higher than his career average, and he's riding a high-ish one this season as well. Sure he's producing, but he's likely to come crashing down offensively sooner rather than later.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

What's the deal with Pageau anyway? He had that great playoff series against the Habs a few years back but he never seemed to make an impact after that

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Not to rub salt in the gaping wound, but I'm not sure Zack Smith exactly qualifies as a top-6 forward. Dude had 25 goals last year, sure, but he was also rocking a shooting percentage a full 10% higher than his career average, and he's riding a high-ish one this season as well. Sure he's producing, but he's likely to come crashing down offensively sooner rather than later.

I was referring to the forwards actually playing in Ottawa's top 6. He's got 29 points in 55 games this year though, which is, to his credit, second line production in today's NHL. He's definitely benefiting from better (and likely unsustainable) averages, but he's also looking noticeably better as a winger (which he's been the past 2 years) than he ever did as a centre.

FBS posted:

What's the deal with Pageau anyway? He had that great playoff series against the Habs a few years back but he never seemed to make an impact after that

He had 43 points (19 goals) last year playing on the 3rd line. He's having a down year this year with 20 points in 57 games, but he's still a solid 3rd liner.

bub spank fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Feb 20, 2017

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

tinstaach posted:

One the one hand, the Red Wings are horrible and they have 1 more regulation + OT win than Colorado in 3 more games played.

On the other hand, the Tatar-Zetterberg-Mantha is extremely cool and good: https://www.nhl.com/video/tatar-scores-from-the-circle/t-277350912/c-49567303

On the other other hand, Please Fire Ken Holland

Got to go to my first (and last) game at the Joe Saturday vs the Caps. Was very happy between today and yesterday the amount of smooth quick passes strung together. Sheahan is still very bad, fire Holland. Also the power play today was embarrassingly bad and showed that the strong plays the last two games are more fluke than anything else.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

No matter how good they are, the CBJ still have trouble with the Preds.

e- https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/833501062388670467

Yeah, they probably should've. I mean, they did one for Fedor Tyu-

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/833501301673693184

:lol:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Feb 20, 2017

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Now is gif form:

https://twitter.com/mkmolnar/status/833488834398658560/photo/1

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

He and Laine really are the next-gen Crosby/Ovechkin

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

It's so beautiful *tear*

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

He and Laine really are the next-gen Crosby/Ovechkin

Ovechkin and Malkin maybe.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Ovechkin and Malkin maybe.

True, I guess McDavid is more the next Sid and Matthews plays more of Malkin's giant-body style game.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Drouin might be really good.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

NHL Department of 'Player Safety' posted:

NHL Player Safety ‏@NHLPlayerSafety 11m11 minutes ago

Winnipeg’s Jacob Trouba will have a hearing tomorrow afternoon for an illegal check to the head on Ottawa’s Mark Stone.

Good.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Where's the gif of McDonagh's sweet goal

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Krime posted:

I wonder how many goals were called back or waived off the year Lemieux got 199. Gotta figure at least 1 scoring play got called back... it burns me to see him at 199.

He also missed 4 games that year, surely he'd have gotten a point in those 4 games. When you're turning Rob Brown into an All-Star, you're REALLY loving good. Lemieux's health problems are sad, I wish he'd at least had enough points to keep himself ahead of Messier.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

FBS posted:

He makes guys look like they're on rookie mode lately. Last couple highlights from different games I've seen of him he's just clowning around in the offensive zone like butter.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

FBS posted:

https://twitter.com/JArnholz/status/833528204732334080

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
On one hand yes the Red Wings are not good. On the other Holland has presided as GM for an incredible run and basically since I was a young boy the Red Wings have always been good. They haven't had to do a legitimate rebuild since the 80's.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Bruins are now 4-0 in the Brucie Puck era :wtf: I mean I'll take it but :wtf::golfclap: and they ended it on what's pretty much become Marchand's breakaway/shootout bread & butter at this point.

In other news: :stare:gaaaaaaaaaaawdaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

soggybagel posted:

On one hand yes the Red Wings are not good. On the other Holland has presided as GM for an incredible run and basically since I was a young boy the Red Wings have always been good. They haven't had to do a legitimate rebuild since the 80's.

He had nothing to do with their ascent and he was proven to be useless the second they instituted a salary cap

Fire Ken Holland and then Fire Ken Holland Into The Sun

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

jesus christ that Drouin shift :stare:

also yay flyers won a hockey game

We're going to get 100% murdered by Washington on wednesday but yaaaay :toot:

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

DJExile posted:

jesus christ that Drouin shift :stare:

also yay flyers won a hockey game

We're going to get 100% murdered by Washington on wednesday but yaaaay :toot:

Caps have dropped two now coming off their bye week. Now's the time to get some points on them.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Neodoomium posted:

He had nothing to do with their ascent and he was proven to be useless the second they instituted a salary cap

Fire Ken Holland and then Fire Ken Holland Into The Sun

The real reason the red wings won 4 cups were two all-time great coaches, a phenomenal euro scout, and the bottomless pizza wealth of a dude who just died, seemingly to follow the future of this team into the depths of hell

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Chad Sexington posted:

Caps have dropped two now coming off their bye week. Now's the time to get some points on them.

quoting this for later.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Pancakes by Mail posted:

Trying to directly compare stats from different eras is dumb, the best way to assess someone's greatness is what they did compared to what the league was doing at that time and by that standard Gretzy is still the best.

Best by a lot.

He isn't first in era adjusted goals, but he's among the greats, obviously. Oh, look who else is up there...

e: #31 in era adjusted goals, #1 in our heart, Bonzai!

glynnenstein fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Feb 20, 2017

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

The Avs are an embarrassment

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It sure was nice of the Colorado organization to let those make-a-wish kids play during OT like that.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

How do you let Patrick Kane get that much time unmolested in front of your goalie? That seems like a poor plan for success.

https://streamable.com/y90bq

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

xzzy posted:

How do you let Patrick Kane get that much time unmolested in front of your goalie? That seems like a poor plan for success.

https://streamable.com/y90bq

weird, Kane is usually all about molesting and harassing

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Godinster posted:

It absolutely should have been reviewed, as most goals off the skate should be, but no kicking motion was made and it wouldn't have been overturned.

Yeah the rule on kicked in goals is that it has to be a 'distinct kicking motion'. You're allowed to redirect or even artfully stop in the crease as long as it doesn't look like you were playing soccer

I wonder if whoever 34 is realizes that sticking your arms in the air like that just draws the attention of the ref?

"Hey guys totally wasn't me, nope, he just pulled my stick out of my hands with his hip, what a jerk!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

DJExile posted:

weird, Kane is usually all about molesting and harassing

:vince:

• Locked thread