Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Jimmy Hats posted:

The problem here is that these two are the successful fire emblems so they're just going to keep making GBS threads out the same deal, and it is my greatest wish that FE would die and this would not come to be.

Did they release it in english or do I have to :filez:? Does it have Hector (the best guy)?!!?!?

They're releasing a remake of the second game that looks pretty drat faithful? It looks like they want to make a series out of that so those can be just for you!!

Also Fates story and character design was mostly middling to bad but the gameplay was some of the best the series has had, so I think it'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

where's the animal crossing game

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

a.lo posted:

Breath of the Wild is an all in one game that will cover all the Nintendo bases until December.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

a.lo posted:

Might not be out for a while considering they just updated New Leaf. My guess i late 2018 at the earliest.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

a.lo posted:

it's fun to play the heel

Gonna have to agree.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

a.lo posted:

It's in real life. You can make friends, do chores, and go into crippling debt, all without purchasing a single Nintendo console!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Zore posted:

Might not be out for a while considering they just updated New Leaf. My guess i late 2018 at the earliest.

Yeah, given that Nintendo went out of their way to give New Leaf a big free expansion three years after launch kind of suggested to me that they won't have an Animal Crossing Switch game for awhile.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, given that Nintendo went out of their way to give New Leaf a big free expansion three years after launch kind of suggested to me that they won't have an Animal Crossing Switch game for awhile.

I am going to say it's sooner than you think.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Jimmy Hats posted:

Its bad math because you hit the end game and then enemies are waves of heavily str skewed berserkers who turn your guys into paste with 1-3 hits and a 30% chance to turn your guys into ultra paste in 1 hit, or they are heavily armor skewed generals where most of your dudes just bounce off. There's like no middle line and it's basically rock paper scissors with that % chance of being told to reatart the game because that is certainly a lot of fun. Random stats growth basically means that half your dudes are going to be either poo poo or actually usable or very rarely stupidly over strong which is sort of neat for a laugh but actually bad for challenging the player.

Using small numbers and simple math like FE does combined with random elements like crit rate and stat growth is ultra dumb, and bad. You need a lot bigger numbers to offset that sort of poo poo. A decent example is something like warcraft3 or advance wars (big numbers w/ small ranges of random poo poo that evens out across sheer volume of attacks) versus starcraft or paper mario (small numbers without random poo poo). P mario is an example of small number and simple math being reaaaally easy to abuse, fire emblem is basically that but with crit chances because ???

I am eternally mad about fire emblem

You know what though the series is actually really good tho cuz marth was in smash bros and anime is cool and good and i have already pre-ordered the new fire emblem.

Anyways i hope to shut the gently caress up about FE soon, when the nintendo switch releases probably

Some good points, but: most FE games have almost no crit rate on enemy characters for precisely the reason that it's shite.

Also the random stat growths are usually something like "85% chance to get a point of Strength, 10% chance to get a point of Magic, 55% chance to get a point of Speed" and that person will level up a minimum of twenty times. You'll get a few characters with weird stats by the end, but the great majority of characters will be functionally identical. That's why you get so many characters, so you don't get truly statfucked.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

a.lo posted:

I am going to say it's sooner than you think.

I hope so too, as I want to see my friend Isabelle sooner rather than later but if she has to drive all the way to the city then I fear it may take awhile.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

TFRazorsaw posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f457Q3p1EU

This is a good video and a good commentary about Nintendo's strategy with the Switch, I think

What a dumb loving video. This dork doesn't like showing his face so he makes a cookie monster ripoff.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I swear who changed the title. I will kill you Bomberman R will be the next water cooler.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Do I even need to ask why they gave the Switch Fan Dog curvy hips?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Anidav posted:

I swear who changed the title. I will kill you Bomberman R will be the next water cooler.
Yes, it will be a water cooler.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Takoluka posted:

Nintendo specifically asked for it, and they're probably going to make sure it's not a colossal failure.

Nintendo can't save Konami from themselves.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

akadajet posted:

What a dumb loving video. This dork doesn't like showing his face so he makes a cookie monster ripoff.

Animation is also dumb. I mean what, they couldn't get real actors?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Dryzen posted:

a n i m e

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Inzombiac posted:

I'm excited for the Nintendo Switch by Nintendo coming out on March 3rd, 2017.

Don't forget to also pick up a copy of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild by Nintendo.
It releases the same day and is guaranteed to take your breath away!

The Nintendo Switch by Nintendo has a suggested retail price of $299 and will be available at most retail outlets.
But don't delay! Most pre-orders have already been claimed so be sure to line up at your favorite participating retailer to pick up your very own Nintendo Switch by Nintendo!

By the way, don't buy a stolen unit or Reggie will gently caress your rear end

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I thought the quote was funny at the time, but for bummerman to be ET, the video games industry needs to crash.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Bomberman is no longer anime. Bomberman is now Seinfeld.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

I've got news for you

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

enojy posted:

By the way, don't buy a stolen unit or Reggie will gently caress your rear end

Reggie "Mr. Handsome Tallman" Feesuhmei is a handsome and tall man that embodies the spirit of Nintendo. He has a commitment to excellence and an unyielding stance to bring the best product possible to market.

That being said: If you steal a Nintendo Switch by Nintendo, he will throw a Pizza Hut thin crust at you so hard it will "slice" you in two.

The moment that Nintendo Switch by Nintendo enters your Jansport backpack, off in the distance you will hear, "Distructo Disc!"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

This always brings a smile to my face.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Ometeotl posted:

I can't believe that VideoGames has gone rogue. This is the worst betrayal since Vin Diesel in the Fast & Furious 8 trailer.

This isn't a thread... It's a family.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Holy poo poo this is amazing.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Could somebody explain to me whats funny/interesting about this video?? I have seen this episode of seinfeld many many times, but I dont understand what on earth is so compelling about this "mashup" thing.. I have no idea what persona 4 is. This just seems to be a seinfeld clip with some music and subtitles added. I don;t get it

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

a.lo posted:

I have no idea what persona 4 is.

This is going to be a major hurdle to your question.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

a.lo posted:

Could somebody explain to me whats funny/interesting about this video?? I have seen this episode of seinfeld many many times, but I dont understand what on earth is so compelling about this "mashup" thing.. I have no idea what persona 4 is. This just seems to be a seinfeld clip with some music and subtitles added. I don;t get it
How do you have an anime avatar and not know what Persona 4 is?

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

a.lo posted:

Persona 4 is about demons in highschool that come to the human world by killing themselves. The more embarrassing the suicide, the more powerful they become.
So Susan is a character that keeps killing herself with mundane and unusual methods but not really embarrassing.
The rest of her demon crew at this point have kinda given up on her being a good demon and she's like the hapless comedic relief.

The Seinfeld episode is just like one part of the game where Susan commits to a really humiliating suicide but ends up in a coma for the rest of the game but everyone else thinks she is dead.

Persona is a good game series.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Tender Bender posted:

This isn't a thread... It's a family.

A brawl in the family

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Goddammit.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

WHERE

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Where do I get this.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

is sound selection some new broken engrish version of soundtrack?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
So is it just the controller and a CD?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

wheres the joycon version

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
The legendary special edition lets you choose english text + weeb voices confirmed

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Breath of the Wild Weeaboo Edition has English subtitles and the audio is nothing but high pitched Japanese crying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

iajanus posted:

is sound selection some new broken engrish version of soundtrack?

Nope, it just means like 10 tracks from the soundtrack, it's dumb.

• Locked thread