Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i liked the one rep repeating the death panels lie 9 years after it was debunked and having the crowd boo the poo poo out of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Knight posted:

Our rep has literally been hiding since she was elected, cancelled all her public appearances, shut down her phones due to the flood of calls, and wants to do a town hall meeting via telephone. Tremendous disappointment to the community since our last rep, who retired.

I'm glad for it, I hope anybody who so much as says one kind word about Trump is loathe to do their legally mandated job. Not glad that they're effectively putting their fingers in their ears and going "lalalalalalala CAN'T HEAR YOU". I guess people will just have to organize and vote them out of congress next year.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Knight posted:

Our rep has literally been hiding since she was elected, cancelled all her public appearances, shut down her phones due to the flood of calls, and wants to do a town hall meeting via telephone. Tremendous disappointment to the community since our last rep, who retired.

Your rep is Paul Ryan?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I have never in all my years seen somebody whose nose was more brown than Paul Ryan. His nose is literally made out of dingleberries.

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Groovelord Neato posted:

pro tip: it's because they're racist gently caress you got mine assholes.

a bone to pick posted:

This is why Trump won lol

Yes, they are, and yes, that is why Trump won

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

my town is one of the few in my state that went republican (north of boston and one of the nearby towns voted democrat for the first time in loving 70 years) and the median income is like 80-90k, 97ish percent white, and we didn't get hit by the recession at all.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

This is why Trump won.

You've been banned 3 times and keep spending money to be annoying. Is this a great use of your time here on earth?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
drat, bringing out the rapsheet diss. poo poo just got real

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

fyodor posted:

Your rep is Paul Ryan?

Try chaffetz. I didn't get into the town hall and I got there an hour early. I walked from my house.

Walked back home and watched almost the whole thing on the stream. Dude is 110% bitchmade. You know he used to be a Jewish democrat til he went to BYU for college? And then was a Mormon democrat until loving Ronald Reagan came to the MLM he worked at to give a motivational speech, that hit chaffetz so hard he switched sides of the aisle?

Yeah. 110% bitchmade.

wilfredmerriweathr fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Feb 20, 2017

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

sexpot posted:

Yes, they are, and yes, that is why Trump won

Evil always wins because good is dumb.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Try chaffetz. I didn't get into the town hall and I got there an hour early. I walked from my house.

Walked back home and watched almost the whole thing on the stream. Dude is 110% bitchmade. You know he used to be a Jewish democrat til he went to BYU for college? And then was a Mormon democrat until loving Ronald Reagan came to the MLM he worked at to give a motivational speech, that hit chaffetz so hard he switched sides of the aisle?

Yeah. 110% bitchmade.

LOOOOOL loving chaffetz.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

King Vidiot posted:

I have never in all my years seen somebody whose nose was more brown than Paul Ryan. His nose is literally made out of dingleberries.

maybe Chris Christie

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Madcosby posted:

can you imagine literally being a student or a graduate from "one of the best colleges" and still not understanding why you had to write papers in non major classes or why you had to take classes that dont teach career skills

Make america great again. Not sure how, just make it great again someone else

something ridiculous like 40% of college students show zero improvement in any area tested on the collegiate learning assessment from when they started to when they graduated. no improvement in writing, critical thinking, nothing. i dont think anyone has done a study on it but I'm pretty sure anyone with a remotely challenging job for 4 years will show more improvement then that.

College is daycare for adult babies for 75% of those who go.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
the only worth in college for most is teaching you the manners of the bougie babies who run things. it's basically finishing school as opposed to an insituition where you learn anything

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Here's what college means:

Some rear end in a top hat manager is hiring someone and is going through a stack of resumes. They first throw away every resume that does not include a 4-year degree. So because the manager and Big Uni have colluded you now have to bumblefuck your way through 6 years of a 4-year degree.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

King Vidiot posted:

Paul Ryan is basically the platonic ideal of shithead college republican

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.

fyodor posted:

Evil always wins because good is dumb.

evil wins because whoever is willing to sink the lowest sets the playing field

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Stranger Danger Ranger posted:

evil wins because whoever is willing to sink the lowest sets the playing field

nice job not acknowledging my very cool space balls quote

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

You've been banned 3 times and keep spending money to be annoying. Is this a great use of your time here on earth?

hey dipshit, one of those times I accidentally banned myself

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

SickZip posted:

Paul Ryan is basically the platonic ideal of shithead college republican

Yeah but it's like he never graduated or matured beyond that asslicking toadie phase where you're super nice to everybody with even a shred of authority over you.

Somebody needs to get Iron Joe Biden to push him over and kick sand in his face, every day.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

I'm not sure how I argue with a man who insists on supporting my argument

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Feb 20, 2017

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
ok so i tried my hand at modernizing republican_power_fantasy.txt in order to incorporate the exciting new developments that have been occurring recently

quote:

“WHAT THE FAKE NEWS MEDIA DOESN’T WANT YOU TO KNOW! BRING THIS TO THE TOP!” with another biting piece completed, I gazed up to discover a horrifying scene. A dilapidated bible lay on the ground, a gaggle of students stomping the disemboweled pages while their professor, Anita Sarkeesian, shouted “This is why you need feminism!” over and over. Something had to be done.

With outstretched right arm, I descended upon them like the dark knight, unleashing sweet justice upon their unsuspecting souls.

“MAGA! Kill all jews! Heil trump!”

Everyone froze. Silence. Then, the screeching began. A terrible, high pitched, autistic screech my earplugs (which I make sure to wear at all times) could barely contain. They scattered like rats, fleeing to their hugboxes, leaving only one remaining.

The words, if one could call them words, that were emitted from that foaming mouth were beyond comprehension; outrage oozed from her every fetid pore. Anita waddled towards me with raised fist, folds of fat rolling about -- she meant to do harm to my physical person!

If this was to be my end, then so be it; I shut my eyes, began chanting my mantra “This is why trump won. This is why Trump won. This is why Trump won.” and braced for the inevitable moment of barbaric violence. But nothing came.

Opening my eyes, I saw a snowplow, rolling the rainbow haired sjw away.

“Why don’t you educate yourself…. About rates of rape in Sweden!” shouted the pilot of the plow, Sargon Of Akkad, as he and a deer bowled her into a nearby ditch.

And just like that, as if sonic himself had leapt upon the switch on top of a Robotnik capsule, students began flooding out from all around, cheering, celebrating. They were finally free. Females began approaching me from all sides, having correctly identified me as the true Alpha in the group. Today would be the day I would finally put my Man Meat Into Her Baby Maker; I would finally Get Laid Like A Warlord, as I always deserved.

Yet, when I was about to select a prime HB9, a soft whisper in my ear - “gently caress your feelings”. And so my eyes were opened - I was now truly a Man, and that it was time to Go My Own Way. In the ultimate Neg, I turned my back upon the Females and followed Milo into the snowplow, and we all drove back to Breitbart and made love until morning. The End.
as always, feedback is welcome, tia

crime weed fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Feb 20, 2017

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

a bone to pick posted:

haha

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

King Vidiot posted:

... Iron Joe Biden...

It's Diamond Joe Biden you half wit retard. Show some goddamn respect

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Kjoery posted:

ok so i tried my hand at modernizing republican_power_fantasy.txt in order to incorporate the exciting new developments that have been occurring recently

as always, feedback is welcome, tia

It needs some work. It's just not believable and too outlandish. All over the place. The one on page 43 is really good and you should study it. Better luck next time.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

automation is starting to happen in china too. and guess what? it's cheaper

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

a7m2 posted:

automation is starting to happen in china too. and guess what? it's cheaper

China Trump is going to bring back those gold farming jobs and MCGA

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Krustic posted:

It needs some work. It's just not believable and too outlandish. All over the place. The one on page 43 is really good and you should study it. Better luck next time.
i mean, to a certain degree it was intentionally more outlandish than that one (though i would never claim to be as good as writer (cause i aint)). the members of the internet conservative movements are all extremely reactionary, creating massive enemies out of insignificant individuals, using shock humour and racism ironically i order to "gently caress you mom im not going to be PC and there's nothing you can do about it", etc.

but yeah, i guess the PUA segueway especially is a bit out of place (though you'd be surprised (or maybe not) at how much overlap there is in the PUA, Redpill, MGTOW communities and the "the this why trump won" conservatives). maybe making some of my more specific references to conservative icons (like Sargon and Anita Sarkeesian) generalized could help as well, in hindsight; i shouldnt really expect readers to know who those people are (their obsession with anita was pretty bizarre though)

crime weed fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Feb 20, 2017

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Fun fact; I never got my degree but I wrote in my CV that I got my degree so my employers think I got my degree (that I didn't get) so now I have a good job. I also pretended to have more work experience than I actually did

Now I do great

Protip: lie a lot

[edit] Like Trump (who became the president)

Huskalator
Mar 17, 2009

Proud fascist
anti-anti-fascist
Is Trump hosed yet?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
heh heh, one month later and trump is still president. libtards lose again !!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Trump is succceeding harder than ever before

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Zzulu posted:

Fun fact; I never got my degree but I wrote in my CV that I got my degree so my employers think I got my degree (that I didn't get) so now I have a good job. I also pretended to have more work experience than I actually did

Now I do great

Protip: lie a lot

[edit] Like Trump (who became the president)

Yeah but you obviously feel like a secret fraud otherwise you wouldn't be anonymously confessing on the internet.

Boom.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
im glad that no matter what happens with trump we get to live in a republican hellscape for the foreseeable future

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Yeah but you obviously feel like a secret fraud otherwise you wouldn't be anonymously confessing on the internet.

Boom.

Like Trump, I feel no negative emotons. They are a waste of energy and I need to maintain High Energy

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

thathonkey posted:

im glad that no matter what happens with trump we get to live in a republican hellscape for the foreseeable future

Well, wages have been completely stagnant since the early 2000's, after the crash in 2008 the economy has had the weakest regrowth in American history, Obamacare created a healthcare system of worthless insurance plans that began doubling, tripling in price, homeownership for millenials is at the lowest point in the last 35 years, more 18-34 year olds are living at home with their parents now than any time in history,

It was bad already

Edit: not to mention student debt, coasting on a huge economic bubble created by near 0% interest rates, also 20 trillion national debt,

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yeah most of those events you mentioned which took place between 2000-2008 happen to align with the previous republican hellscape presidency. weird

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
There's a dynamic you don't get- Republicans / Democrats are a singular entity. They are the same party at the top level. Bush / Clinton / Obama they are all friends and essentially coworkers.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
oh daaaaamn glad youre here to enlighten me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

thathonkey posted:

oh daaaaamn glad youre here to enlighten me
spunky is a brave hero, working hard to redpill these liberal brainwashed goons. gambatte-ne spunky-chan!

• Locked thread