Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Why didn't they call it something super loving clever like Bob's Burgeropoly? Or Bobopoly's Burgers?

Monopoly probably demands their name be unaltered and really big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
This super bowl commercial was really, really disturbing because all I hear is Louise....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNCG9fHGXB0

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I'm sorry, I just don't understand how Kristen Schaal gets ANY work where you can see her face. She isn't an actress in any sense that I can tell because she literally only ever plays herself, doing her own speaking voice, at shrill or shrieking decibels. Like, I know the kids are all kind of hilariously one note, even 7 years into the show, but the most emotion Louise ever seems to muster is speaking... quietly? She is looks-wise the female equivalent of Jack McBrayer (Kenneth from 30th Rock) and even plays a foil to him in later seasons. Like, I just do not understand how someone that looks and sounds like her is so ubiquitous and prolific when so many more talented and attractive people go unnoticed...

Like Steve Buscemi is breathtakingly talented and has untouchable range despite being circus people ugly... I just don't get why anyone would look at Kristen Schaal and go "Oh yeah, that is the FACE & VOICE of the product I want people to not IMMEDIATELY associate with a hyper-active, whiny, kinda strung out 30 year old woman..."

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

She's actually really cute so I don't know what you're ranting about

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

She's actually really cute so I don't know what you're ranting about

Just some goon being a weirdo, pay them no mind. Also I would not call Steve Buscemi "circus people ugly", he's not hollywood attractive but he's still a decently normal looking guy, if a bit 'bug-eyed'.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I assure you I am not one of those weird r/incel goons who look at gorgeous hollywood starlets and declare them fat and unnattractive, I'm saying that specifically this woman:

has a goofy face and a silly voice and never really does anything except play silly-faced goofy voiced women and I genuinely don't really get why anyone is into that as much as some people are. Like this is a nice headshot for her promo for Bojack Horseman, I get that she's selling a zany, wack-a-doo persona to make money, but I just do not get what (if any) mass appeal there is, unless it's just fantasizing about their Jhonen-Vasquez cell-shaded monkey-cheese waifu. Like giant nose/teeth/cheeks all at once, its just too much face for me, I guess.

As for Steve, he lived in the town I grew up in in Upstate NY, and every once in a while you'd see him at the grocery store or whatever, and let me tell you, the face you think you know in your mind as Steve Buscemi is literally pounds of make-up and foundation getting him up to movie/TV face. Like yes his eyes are really wet and buggy, but also the entire rest of his face is just like acne scars and creases.

Like this:

is him much closer to the guy that I would see in my town, and this is like 4-5 years after the fact. His car broke down outside of our teen community center and he hung out with us for like 2 hours after school while he waited on triple A. We were all in theater/drama club and it was a VERY BIG DEAL because loving Mr. Pink was just hanging drinking soda and playing Madden while we prattled on and on about our school play (the Crucible).

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jhonen-Vasquez cell-shaded monkey-cheese waifu

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Thanks for telling us about your masturbation habits. I'm sorry she hasn't been able to satisfy you.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Is this like a piano bar? Can I post a random celebrity and you will do a full breakdown on their looks?

Kristen Stewart. Go!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Kristen Schaal is goofy and kinda cute, but by no means super model pretty. It's not like Hollywoo is raving about her range and casting her as a lead in some big drama. Everyone, including Kristen, knows what she's good at and she sticks to those roles, like basically every other comedian who acts, it's fine. Like most comedians, you either enjoy their schtick or you don't. When was the last time you saw Will Ferrell play a deep, impactful role with a lot of gravitas?

Kristen Schaal for Squirrel Girl making it loving happen Marvel

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I wish we could've gotten to see Chris Farley in a breakout dramatic role. :( I'd like to believe he wouldn't have been slumming for Sandler in the modern day.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

counterfeitsaint posted:

When was the last time you saw Will Ferrell play a deep, impactful role with a lot of gravitas?

Unironically: Watch 'Stranger Than Fiction', it's sweet and sensitive. It's not Jim Carrey-in-The Majestic levels of ham so maybe light on 'Gravitas' but it's a good film. It's also 11 years old, and it's clear on the DVD commentary that while he loved making this movie, he basically gave it everything he had because he knew he would probably never do another serious-ish role again.

Also, people who were talking bout Teddy's character getting tainted by his stalkery habits... dude, that ship sailed for me years ago in the Bed & Breakfast episode. The image of Teddy, sitting in a chair while his wife fucks a guy in a seal costume... that was way too concrete of an image for me and now I view Teddy through an eternal lens of :gbsmith:

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Everything Must Go is also pretty good and Kristen Schaal's self-awareness wins her a lot points.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Teddy's Unhealthy Emotional Attachments discussion + Kristen Schaal's Television Roles discussion = Mel from Flight of Conchords

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
There's finally a new episode!
Bob Actually
The kids find themselves caught up in the love-caused chaos of Valentine's Day; Bob decides to impress Linda with a romantic gesture.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
We need a side by side pic of Bust Rodd with those other pics so we have a nice flawless face to properly compare them to.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

So many episodes lately are "kids do Plot A, Bob and Linda do Plot B." They're not bad, but they're never the best of what Bob's Burgers has to offer.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah, it's better when they break the groups so you get more attention on one of the kids or one of the adults.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

smashpro1 posted:

There's finally a new episode!
Bob Actually
The kids find themselves caught up in the love-caused chaos of Valentine's Day; Bob decides to impress Linda with a romantic gesture.

I swear to god every recent episode has been holiday themed.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

To be fair it seems that their scheduling only has them playing at holidays.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
5 minutes in and this is adorable.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
That was a fantastic episode IMO

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I love how Louise continues her tradition of slapping after a kiss.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
There is no episode featuring Regular Sized Rudy that's anything but incredible.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Relentlessboredomm posted:

There is no episode featuring Regular Sized Rudy that's anything but incredible.

I feel this way too. Its kind of like Stan's dad in South Park, if Randy has a prominent role, its going to be a strong episode.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

That was amazing. All those little vignettes tied together perfectly. Bravo, writers. A+ episode.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Shneak posted:

I swear to god every recent episode has been holiday themed.

It's because there's more holidays in a year than there are new episodes.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
First new episode I've seen in a while, and I gotta say, all you previous poster are right on the money with this one.

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale
I really like when Louise has to deal with the fact that she is growing up and developing human feelings, which she finds gross but unavoidable. Tina and Jimmy Jrs relationship actually existing is also very good. I know there was some worry about the parents and kids storylines not crossing being a problem, but I think when it's like this, as a part of several vignettes, it works. I wasn't crazy about Bob and Linda's though, cause I want things to go Bob's way at least once. And Gene's story was basically just a Gene story, which is usually pretty week.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Oh, Tina's walk trying to get to the bathroom in a hurry. I know that all too well.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Dang, Stephanie Beatriz as Chloe was unrecognizable! That's Rosa from Brooklyn Nine Nine, incidentally, and her 'actual' voice is far closer to Chloe's than in B99.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Dog Kisser posted:

Dang, Stephanie Beatriz as Chloe was unrecognizable! That's Rosa from Brooklyn Nine Nine, incidentally, and her 'actual' voice is far closer to Chloe's than in B99.

Watch her on Modern Family. Girls got range.

Only problem I have with this episode was the "Bob forgot to get a gift so had to pretend he had a big surprise then try and do something last minute" trope. Wasn't there another episode this season where the same thing happened?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I don't think it's so much that he forgot to get a gift. He had the exact gift in mind. He just didn't get around to doing it. There was no normal panic around it which is the real trope. He just sort of accepted it and knew Linda really wouldn't mind that he flubbed up.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Man, I really wish Fox would air this more regularly. It's always such a treat to get a new episode. I was getting bored in the last couple seasons and I dunno if it was the show or me but I'm loving s7 so far.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
"Alright everybody, there's going to be some profanity coming at ya so cover your ears if you can't handle the B word."

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
There's No Business Like Mr. Business Business

Gayle's cat, Mr. Business, lands a pet agent, and Bob discovers that Linda may have been bankrolling the feline's career and considers shutting it down. But he soon realizes that Mr. Business' big break could be imminent.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Mister Jim Business is the best non-human character.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

If Mr Business gets famous, they'll have to let Gayle adopt that fourth cat.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Lube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
John Oliver!

TAKE THE SHOT

Zero One fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Feb 20, 2017