Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Everyone's favorite animated show about a struggling burger joint is back for its seventh season!
And an eighth season has already been confirmed!
But new episodes air at 7:30 Eastern/6:30 Central on Fox, so be ready for it to be pre-empted if late NFL games run long.

Flu-ouise
When Louise comes down with an awful flu, she falls into a zany fever dream with familiar faces and a crazy adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Ordinarily I'm not a fan of those types of episode, but I have faith in Bob's Burgers.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
Louise episodes are the best.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Gorilla Salad posted:

I have faith in Bob's Burgers.
Not a dozen posts and we got a new thread title.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Dream sequence episodes are the worst.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I have a feeling this is going to be a Wizard of Oz episode.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I've enjoyed some of the Treehouse-esque episodes this show has had in the past.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

withak posted:

Yup. I'm with the other poster though, and I think they'll make it work. They're my least favorite trope though. Getting flashbacks to that awful OC episode.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Endive Had The Time Of My Life Burger

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

We should just leave town.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
A clichéd plot development but oh wow this song

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
This is another Ghibli tribute!

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

I know a toy guy. I mean, he's real, he's not a toy.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
None shall pass. Gas. Just kidding. 😛

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

withak posted:

I'm of the opposite persuasion. I think drug/illness psycho trips are always rad and fun.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Musical episodes make for great Bob's Burgers episodes. This was better than the Treehouse of Horror-esque angle they did with last season's premiere.

On a very slight down note, this is the third time on this show that there's been a reference to someone on the New England Patriots. Give it a rest, Larry Murphy.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I loved this episode, but then I'm the type who always loves the weird trippy dream episodes.

The toy guy subplot was fantastic.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thought it was great. Louise realizing she was dreaming made it better than the typical dream episode that you find on sitcoms.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
I know a toy guy. I mean, he's real, he's not a toy.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
As someone who only just rewatched Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal in the past week or so, this episode was amazing. Teddy was great (as usual). H. Jon Benjamin was great (despite only having a few very distinct voices). The "Bowie" songs were great. It's not going down in the annals of Bob's Burgers' best episodes, but it was an amazing premiere for one of the only shows I actually anticipate week to week anymore.

"Oh my God. This is a bathrobe. I've been wearing this as a jacket for a while."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Y-Hat posted:

Musical episodes make for great Bob's Burgers episodes. This was better than the Treehouse of Horror-esque angle they did with last season's premiere.

On a very slight down note, this is the third time on this show that there's been a reference to someone on the New England Patriots. Give it a rest, Larry Murphy.

I only kinda know who Tom Brady is and thought it was hilarious. It's all in the delivery.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I don't know why, but the deformed Kuchi Kopi reminded me of Hugo. And I found it really funny. The toy guy bit was great too.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That poor toy guy though. He's basically made it so his store never really closes. I'm not really sure he minds though.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Kwyndig posted:

That poor toy guy though. He's basically made it so his store never really closes. I'm not really sure he minds though.

I doubt he does; he's incredibly dedicated to his craft.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
Toy store guy was the funniest part for me in this episode. They're great in creating this type of character. A bit weird, but not over the top and somehow lovable.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

I only kinda know who Tom Brady is and thought it was hilarious. It's all in the delivery.
It was delivered very well, but on the other hand, I hate him with every fiber of my being.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Anybody else collecting digital trading cards on Quidd?

Who wouldn't want a Ron card?

They also have different sets and all that fancy stuff:

They also have cards from Breaking Bad and Arrested Development. Unfortunately, I think the app is iOS only.

Jubs fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 30, 2016

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I didn't find this as funny, to be honest. For me these Louise episodes tend to be more miss than hit.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.

mrfart posted:

Toy store guy was the funniest part for me in this episode. They're great in creating this type of character. A bit weird, but not over the top and somehow lovable.

Yup, same here. Too much leaning on being absurdist in dream for its kicks.

The toy guy is an immediately empathetic character.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

I didn't find this as funny, to be honest. For me these Louise episodes tend to be more miss than hit.
For me, it's not so much that it's a Louise episode as it was an episode that relies on your familiarity with the character. The past couple of seasons of Bob's Burgers have had its fair share of those episodes, and while they're not bad, they don't make for the best episodes.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

c0ldfuse posted:

Yup, same here. Too much leaning on being absurdist in dream for its kicks.

The toy guy is an immediately empathetic character.

Considering it's Bob's Burgers, I really expect him to become a reoccurring character. He can read to Marshmallow in the background of some episode.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

They needed more of the toy guy in this episode

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Teddy centric. Episode tonight, trying to impress his ex-wife we haven't seen since season 1

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Is it football season yet?

I'm guessing we might get an episode every 3-4 months as usual.

gently caress you Fox!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

This is like week 4 of the NFL season. The bigger issue is the baseball playoffs started this week.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yep the only episodes booked for October are tonight's, and the 23rd.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yep the only episodes booked for October are tonight's, and the 23rd.
That's about standard. So we'll be getting the Halloween episode in two weeks then I'm sure

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Sea Me Now
In an effort to impress his ex-wife, Teddy plans a day out on his newly renovated boat; Tina tries to prove she's responsible enough for a cell phone by taking care of Bob's eraser from the restaurant.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
You Spinach Me Right Round Baby Spinach Burger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Getting attacked by a herd of steer. I bet every burger man has nightmares about that.

• Locked thread