Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

teagone posted:

He's a main character, appears in pretty much all the episodes, and his name is Arrrgh. He explicitly says it's spelled with 3 R's when we're introduced to him :3:

Him and Draal (not pictured, I hope he gets a figure too) are my favorite trolls in the show. Blinky is the one with four arms, voiced by Kelsey Grammer, and he's pretty great too. The big blue guy with the sword is Bular, the primary villain in the first narrative arc, voiced by Ron Perlman.

Alrighty then, looks like I'll be binge watching Trollhunters after I finish binge watching Voltron.

I'm a sucker for adorable monsters and shows/games/movies where people team up with adorable monsters to go on adventures. Yup, that's a concept that's hard to screw up-

Pick posted:

I thought Boxtrolls was pretty bold about making the "monsters" annoying little shits who I would gladly see purged from any respectable village.

Oh right, Boxtrolls had that exact concept and screwed it up royally. It also screwed up in a whole bunch of other ways and was a terrible movie that I hated.

I hate being reminded that Boxtrolls exists and that I paid money to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

mycot posted:

I know opinions on the Moana songs vary, but everytime this is posted Shiny starts playing in my head and that's got to count for something.

Only if it's sung by Jerry Seinfeld.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Phylodox posted:

Only if it's sung by Jerry Seinfeld.

Jerry Seinfeld has a wonderful singing voice
https://soundcloud.com/splitsider/jerry-seinfeld-sings

Unmature
May 9, 2008
A lot of white dudes have gotten pretty upset that I dared make fun of mysoginist piece of poo poo John K.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Making us white dudes upset is a sure sign ya doing something right.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Unmature posted:

A lot of white dudes have gotten pretty upset that I dared make fun of mysoginist piece of poo poo John K.
I have a strong dislike for Animaniacs but I am pleased that you made that video. The dude is a creeper, and almost everyone who ever worked with him seems traumatized by the experience. He's also obviously a total genius and I don't have a problem separating the art from the artist. He's like the Phil Spector of cartoons.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

starkebn posted:

I find it boring if every character that opposes the protagonists has to have something wrong with them that fucks them over.

It's better than "bedazzled crab".

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Neon Noodle posted:

I have a strong dislike for Animaniacs but I am pleased that you made that video. The dude is a creeper, and almost everyone who ever worked with him seems traumatized by the experience. He's also obviously a total genius and I don't have a problem separating the art from the artist. He's like the Phil Spector of cartoons.

Yeah I say some nice things about his work that they don't seem to notice. I love Ren and Stimpy.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Unmature posted:

Really? Geez, I thought it was universally accepted that John K. is kind of a jerk (to put it lightly).

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
"A misogynistic rear end in a top hat" is some kind of paragon to Internet Whites

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Did people finally realize that "SJW" doesn't mean anything and started saying "cuck" in place of it? Cause it's used in like, the exact same way. Though it still doesn't mean anything

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Nah, I'm pretty sure they've been using both interchangeably since they made their presence blatantly known.

Hedrigall posted:

"A misogynistic rear end in a top hat" is some kind of paragon to Internet Whites
Unfortunately true.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lego Batman is incredible, the bat-family including Joker was fantastic.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

:shittypop:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
e: n/m I didn't think that through

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 20, 2017

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Hedrigall posted:

e: n/m I didn't think that through

I'm trying to imagine a context that would make it appropriate but I don't think one exists

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
It wasn't my place to make that offer, sorry

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Animaniacs was better than Ren and Stimpy.

Also: N64 MasterRace

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
"Everybody who's ever worked with this guy has said he's a complete rear end in a top hat, but I KNOW BETTER AND YOU ARE TOTES BETA, CUCKMAN."

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
TBF, I certainly wish John K. wasn't terrible. :smith:

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
I saw Moana. Some good tunes, excellent water effects, and the crab does steal the show.
Nice to see non-European culture as a movie setting.

Zootopia is better though. So non-European that it wasn't even human.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Lego Batman is incredible, the bat-family including Joker was fantastic.

I entirely agree, and it should, and it's neat.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Das Boo posted:

"Everybody who's ever worked with this guy has said he's a complete rear end in a top hat, but I KNOW BETTER AND YOU ARE TOTES BETA, CUCKMAN."

After he left Ren and Stimpy the remaining team even made a whole episode about how terrible John K was.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

LeJackal posted:

Zootopia is better though. So non-European that it wasn't even human.

Pfft Zootopia panders so hard to herbivores by having a bunny as a main character -- as a cop no less! It's so unrealistic. I'm sick of all these Trophic Justice Warriors pushing their agenda in Hollywoof

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

Pfft Zootopia panders so hard to herbivores by having a bunny as a main character -- as a cop no less! It's so unrealistic. I'm sick of all these Trophic Justice Warriors pushing their agenda in Hollywoof

I agree with you one hundred percent, but sadly as long as the majority of studio heads and production staff are herbivores we'll be faced with this brand of leafwashing in our media. I mean, how silencing was it that for the entire runtime of Zootopia you don't see so much as one jackal, not even as an extra! Please don't get me started on the casting decisions made in some other, even more big name pictures that should have gone to honest, hard working predator actors.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Yeah, and almost all the nomination categories for the Whiskars this year are filled with, with, with goddamned CUD-CHEWERS!

... Oh god I didn't mean to say that, I'm so sorry, I'm just under so much pressure, I'd never normally say that, many of my friends are ruminants :negative:

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

Yeah, and almost all the nomination categories for the Whiskars this year are filled with, with, with goddamned CUD-CHEWERS!

... Oh god I didn't mean to say that, I'm so sorry, I'm just under so much pressure, I'd never normally say that, many of my friends are ruminants :negative:

Its okay buddy, we're all under these kinds of pressures that come from being surrounded almost exclusively by prey. Heck, just last week MR sent me an e-vite to a Wolf Weekly Howl meeting the office park is hosting. I almost ate half my chair from frustration! I'm expected to tell the difference between various non-indigenous antelope but Mammal Resources can't even get my species right!

I tell you, I really feel your pain. Hey! At least we don't need letter openers! :smith:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Make America Graze Again

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Animation Thread 2017: Secretly the designated Furry thread BTW

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Animation Thread 2017: Secretly the designated Furry thread BTW

Well your username checks out

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Heil Furry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDUks0pqMG0

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

Well your username checks out

Confurmed.

LeJackal fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Feb 20, 2017

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

The Silver Snail posted:

After he left Ren and Stimpy the remaining team even made a whole episode about how terrible John K was.

What episode was that? (I can think of a few suspects.)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Furry-Sniffing Dog: grrrr rrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Pick posted:

Furry-Sniffing Dog: grrrr rrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

He is a proud and noble Timberwolf, thank you. Do not negate his species and minimize his life experience.

That kind of silencing behavior is not what I'd expect from you, Pick.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I'm kinda surprised there weren't any contrarian reviews of Zootopia that used the line "Full of sound and furry, signifying nothing"

On further thought I am not surprised at all

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

ungulateman posted:

is named ungulateman

what type of ungulate are you? Even toed? Odd Toed? Cameloid? Ruminant? Cetacean?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Don't go all internet detective on a mammal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Unmature posted:

Yeah, he's a pretty awful guy. The stress of getting a show on TV and then getting it taken away from him probably broke him. And the fact that despite his bad behavior he's still got tons of adoring fans who have lots of nostalgia for his work. He always gets mobbed by a lot of young women at events where he's signing and doing caricatures, and he's slept with a few very impressionable young women who want to become animators, who later realize they have no chance of making it into the industry and leave torrents of nasty comments on his blog.

Too many artists end up consumed by their own success and sense of self-loathing narcissism.