Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Runaktla posted:

In a way politicians are somewhat reflective of the values of its people.

Many people do not know how to rise above insulting the other side and trying to see why they vote the way they do. Most people hold tightly to the edge they have in life. Politicians abuse that because they can.

I've said before to other liberal friends "I can see why people could vote Trump" and in a lot of cases their answer is "NO NO NO THERE IS NO REASON TO VOTE FOR HIM YOU KNOW IM A MINORITY!!!"

But, nearly half the country voted for Trump and they sure aren't all redneck racists with no education.

So long as people firmly keep their heads up their asses politicians will abuse this, keep us fighting over ridiculous stuff and insulting each other so we overlook our own side's faults, and each side (R and D) can pillage the country in their own way when they get in power, and avoid a narrative that really solves a problem cause we are too busy worrying about Trump's remarks or Clinton's emails or whether Obummer is a secret mooslem.

Well I'm glad you found a way to feel superior to everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Runaktla posted:

But, nearly half the country voted for Trump and they sure aren't all redneck racists with no education.

you can be rich and educated and still be a racist shithead that wants tax cuts (my town).

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

My absolute favorite type of person, post-election, is the stoic philosopher-king who knew exactly what would unfold and is so above the fray they have miles of space under them from which to talk down to you. They get the deeper meaning, you see.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Groovelord Neato posted:

you can be rich and educated and still be a racist shithead that wants tax cuts (my town).

My fam

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
And that's ^^^ what I'm talking about. No attempt to even try to see the other side.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

quote:

The person who attended the Wilson Center talk also noted that Deare made several remarks about how attractive Trump's daughter, Ivanka Trump, appeared, remarks that person described as "awkward."

Very inappropriate! He isn't even her dad!

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Let's be honest though. This guy would make a better president than Trump lol

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Runaktla posted:

And that's ^^^ what I'm talking about. No attempt to even try to see the other side.

The other side:

is anti-science
pro-state-sponsored christianity
thinks immigrants are taking their jobs
thinks we can undo automation and return their jobs and this is somehow liberals' fault
wants to roll back roe v. wade
wants poll taxes
are worried about trannies going pee
are worried about gays marrying

... it goes on. gently caress these people sideways. Also, gently caress you lol you suck.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
this derail isn't funny at all you guys

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

Runaktla posted:

So long as people firmly keep their heads up their asses

Nearly half the country didn't vote. The ~55% that did voted bigly against Trump. But that doesn't matter, does it, you loving goblin? In your brain you're already right. You didn't need to think about what actually happened. Or look up what you're talking about. And because I called you a name back there, you know I'm wrong, because I didn't even try to figure out why you're so blase about things that affect people with lives. I wonder why?

proof of concept posted:

this derail isn't funny at all you guys

Donald Trump is the president of the united states. What else do you want?????

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Cobweb Heart posted:

hahaha he is, isn't he?

lol

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

proof of concept posted:

hahaha he is, isn't he?

lol

L
M
B
O
!

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

deep belly lols

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Trump fires people who step out of line.

lol

just lolling.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Goose stepping makes me lol

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

and that one looks jewish, and that one's a coon! who let all this riffraff into the room?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lime Tonics posted:

Trump fires people who step out of line.

lol

just lolling.

The cnn article about it makes a point that conway and spencer have criticized trump as well before the primaries

Lmao cnn trying to get them fired

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

corn in the bible posted:

and that one looks jewish, and that one's a coon! who let all this riffraff into the room?
These threads all blur together but I don't feel bad if I'm reposting this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWLBtMz5OuY

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Knight posted:

These threads all blur together but I don't feel bad if I'm reposting this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWLBtMz5OuY

Animals is their best album fight me

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

course donald's gonna help build the wall

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Trump being President is good in the long run because pretty much anyone will be able run now either on a platform of not being Trump or they can have a rap sheet a mile long that isn't nearly as bad as his.

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?
Any mother can now say to her child "You could be President one day. Donald Trump was." and the kid will have to be like You're right Ma, I guess it's possible :unsmith:

jk that will never happen cuz Trump will destroy us all lol

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwMVBoibxCc

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Lacey posted:

Any mother can now say to her child "You could be President one day. Donald Trump was." and the kid will have to be like You're right Ma, I guess it's possible :unsmith:

jk that will never happen cuz Trump will destroy us all lol

The bar has been set that low.

"Well at least I didn't launch nukes at Canada - HEY-OH!"

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

:lol: if you think the bar for "You could be President" was high enough that you couldn't say that to literally any child before Trump

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Remember when just two years ago, Brownback's opponent lost because Kansas voters found out he went to a strip club in his 20s?

Lol

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

course donald's gonna help build the wall

orange floyd

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I hope there are a few people who have been in comas fir the last year or two who wakeup soon, because that would make me lol hard

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
considering man of orange gets all his news from fox, i figure this lil' lol counts (from fox's front page):

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Cobweb Heart posted:

Nearly half the country didn't vote. The ~55% that did voted bigly against Trump. But that doesn't matter, does it, you loving goblin? In your brain you're already right. You didn't need to think about what actually happened. Or look up what you're talking about. And because I called you a name back there, you know I'm wrong, because I didn't even try to figure out why you're so blase about things that affect people with lives. I wonder why?

This insane shrieking reaction to someone suggesting the need to appeal to swing voters is telling. They didn't say anything bigoted or even express support for Trump. They literally just said that there are many people who voted for Trump who are winnable if you don't consider them subhuman. So what are you reacting in passionate defence of?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

just woke up and did a lol because Trump, who claims that all MSM are fake news and people should trust him because he knows, literally went on record to admit that he fabricated a story about Sweden because he saw some garbage on Fox News and just ran with it

this might have been my biggest lol yet

Seriously Safe
Sep 7, 2009
Conservatives wants Shepard Smith fired because he said something anti-Trump on fox news lol

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I got a Nigerian Prince email at work the other day. I thought to myself, "People still do this?" And then I remembered that 63 million people voted to elect Donald J Trump the president of these great United States of America.

Maybe the greatest scam of all time. LOL

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I just woke up, and my first thought upon awaking was that Donald Trump is President.

Therefore, I laughed.

Bump.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Moon Atari posted:

This insane shrieking reaction to someone suggesting the need to appeal to swing voters is telling. They didn't say anything bigoted or even express support for Trump. They literally just said that there are many people who voted for Trump who are winnable if you don't consider them subhuman. So what are you reacting in passionate defence of?
Bueller... you are my heeeerrrroooo... :hfive:

Yeah the derail just about yanked all the lols out of this thread so I had to stop.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Katana Gomai posted:

just woke up and did a lol because Trump, who claims that all MSM are fake news and people should trust him because he knows, literally went on record to admit that he fabricated a story about Sweden because he saw some garbage on Fox News and just ran with it

this might have been my biggest lol yet

Gonna upgrade this to a lmao

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Seriously Safe posted:

Conservatives wants Shepard Smith fired because he said something anti-Trump on fox news lol

plus, you know, he's gay.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Heath posted:

Yo can someone post that little human being again for this page, tia

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

looooooool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I saw :bern101: rip the appointments for EPA and health & human services, who else did he grill?