Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

remember when the kings made a big deal of their new crowd-sourced NBA 3.0 draft process and then took nik stauskas

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

R.D. Mangles posted:

remember when the kings made a big deal of their new crowd-sourced NBA 3.0 draft process and then took nik stauskas

The draft room video of that was a bunch of yes men murmuring about different prospects til Vivek says, "what about Nik?" and then they all suck his loving balls off

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
the sun-bleached bones of the lakers front office for boogie. Who Says NO?

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Nik rocks!!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Matt Barnes getting waived :lol:

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
well lol

Kibner posted:

It is actually vitally important to me that Galloway can continue playing in the NBA somewhere and be legitimately happy with where he lands.

Haha I like it when my "you're gonna really like him enjoy your ex-Knicks" comes true like with Galloway and JR Smith and stuff

Galloway finds a team for certain he's too good not to play

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Feb 20, 2017

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Doltos posted:

This is it right here. This is the worst trade in NBA history.

Probably a good trade for the Pelicans though!

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

xbilkis posted:

Robot execution of vulgar fan 'justified,' Sacramento PD says

When it's Law Enforcement Robots the department refers to it as a "robot-involved shooting"

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

holy poo poo that boogie trade

Hinkie lives

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Hmmm so is NO the best frontcourt in the league right now, the best since Duncan/Robinson, or are they the best frontcourt in the history of the league?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

dokmo, I know you're a big Papa John believer, are you excited about some Buddy Hield/Papa John PnR action?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I really want to see a Warriors-Pelicans first round matchup now

Circle April 8th boys

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

EvanTH posted:

Hmmm so is NO the best frontcourt in the league right now, the best since Duncan/Robinson, or are they the best frontcourt in the history of the league?

Best until the Embiid+Simmons duo debuts next year.

:grin:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

EvanTH posted:

Its probably top 5
Duncan/Robinson
Hakeem/Sampson
Parish/McHale
Unseld/Hayes

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

WhyteRyce posted:

dokmo, I know you're a big Papa John believer, are you excited about some Buddy Hield/Papa John PnR action?

I cant wait for Davis/Cousins 4/5 pick and rolls

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
I am extremely curious about this fit, though. Cousins is not a great rim protector nor can he really guard the perimeter so Davis is still going to have to do the lion's share of the defensive work. On the other end, sure, they both shoot threes (at an okay-ish clip) but I still think this clogs up the lane quite a bit.

Obviously the talent will supersede a lot of this, but it's gonna be fun to watch.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
What's to think about? Cousins + AD is a guaranteed. Now this is going to be FUN

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

roundmidnight posted:

I am extremely curious about this fit, though. Cousins is not a great rim protector nor can he really guard the perimeter so Davis is still going to have to do the lion's share of the defensive work. On the other end, sure, they both shoot threes (at an okay-ish clip) but I still think this clogs up the lane quite a bit.

Obviously the talent will supersede a lot of this, but it's gonna be fun to watch.

Cousins has played with great spacers such as Jason Thompson, Carl Landry, Kosta Koufos, Thomas Robinson, and Samuel Dalembert. Offensively they'll find a way to work.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Holy fuckkkkk. Goddammit Masai you should've waited a little more.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Today we are all kings fans

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/833566284491190274

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

EvanTH posted:

What's to think about? Cousins + AD is a guaranteed. Now this is going to be FUN

lol

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Constellation I posted:

Holy fuckkkkk. Goddammit Masai you should've waited a little more.

They sold low specifically cause they wanted Buddy. Nothing else was considered despite better offers from other teams.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA/status/833556203179483137

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

We love Buddy so much, he's a top 5 pick in our eyes. And by doing this we get to keep our pick this season. So we really are getting 2 top 10 picks and another first out of this deal *

* Something Vlade actually believes

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Dexo posted:

RIP.

Can't wait for Butler to end up in Boston, and Wade's flu to last the rest of the season. Meanwhile Gar and Pax are still 100% secure in their jobs.

Now if you could just go ahead and fire Hoiberg, that'd be great

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
I hope the Pelicans move no higher than 8th.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Bashez posted:

They would basically need to go undefeated to go any higher.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

the mean lunch lady posted:

Now if you could just go ahead and fire Hoiberg, that'd be great

This bullshit Organization isn't gonna change poo poo and is instead gonna continue to be mediocre with maybe a year or so of a flash of something. 41-41 and 8th or 7th seed.

Paxson is on the Kenny Williams lifetime job track. He's not going anywhere. Job for Life.

Gar Foreman and his Wife is buddy buddy with Michael Reinsdorf.

Hoiberg's job is safe at least one more year. They aren't going to want to pay a coach ~15 million dollars to not coach the team. Hoiberg and Gar are p much a package deal at this point. Hell Gar was the one who bought Hoiberg's house when Hoiberg was done playing here in his career.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Came to post this. Congrats Kibner and Co., one of the better trade fleecings ever.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

This has been a good weekend. I love the National Basketball Association

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Went from flat earth theory and Russ vs KD to a top 15 player being traded.

I love the NBA

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

WhyteRyce posted:

We love Buddy so much, he's a top 5 pick in our eyes. And by doing this we get to keep our pick this season. So we really are getting 2 top 10 picks and another first out of this deal *

* Something Vlade actually believes

Look how high Buddy get up

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

The Lakers are really, really dumb

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Opened the thread this morning and this was the second or third post:

Carlosologist posted:

:psyduck:

Where'd you see this? AD and Boogie would be amazing in the frontcourt but does NO even have the assets to make a move like that?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

The Lakers are really, really dumb

They really, really aren't. Trading Ingram + Someone or Someones Else (because they were going to have to do that to make the money work) for potentially only 1.5 years of Cousins--who said he's not signing an extension, and who's losing 200 million dollars because of this trade--and the draft pick that comes due coincidentally the year after that would be a pretty big risk a. Not to mention they offered guys who are better players right now and the Kings said no.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
AD'S GONNA LEAVE THEY SAID

NEW ORLEANS IS NEVER GONNA GET AD HELP THEY SAID

This loving rules.

literally this for eternity goddamn

I went to bed after AD got handed the ASG MVP trophy and woke up to this it's the best New Orleans Basketball Day ever.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Feb 20, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Why do the kings hate DMC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Bashez posted:

I hope they catch fire and steamroll all the way to the 7th spot.

TBeats posted:

Why do the kings hate DMC

He made them look bad by being an outspoken top 15 player on a team that miserably failed for years to provide stability and talented teammates. The cloud over the locker room isn't DMC, it's front office stink.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Feb 20, 2017

• Locked thread