Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

bloodychill posted:

13 minutes on one fish :psyduck:
No, 15 minutes is just the limit of what an automatic clip would hold. It was well over an hour, if I had to guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

CrashCat posted:

Yeah the 500gb one with Minecraft is 200 on Newegg.

Technically under 200 but whatever you get the idea

what the hell happened with the xbone anyways, was it a massive flop or something? as far as i can tell all the new good games are pc or ps4

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I didn't really follow xbone news but afaik it was Microsoft being extremely stupid in numerous ways. I remember something about Microsoft defending 30 FPS games by saying that the human eye can't distinguish between 30 and 60 FPS.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

babypolis posted:

what the hell happened with the xbone anyways, was it a massive flop or something? as far as i can tell all the new good games are pc or ps4

They invested in an always-online console and it backfired.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I would call vanilla Binding of Isaac: Rebirth about the closest thing to a perfect game I can think of. I can't really think of one bad thing to say about it...maybe that it can get a little too easy? But even then, blue baby runs can kick the rear end of even an experienced player.

The expansions have improved some things, hurt others, they aren't all bad but I wouldn't call the game perfect anymore with their additions.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Out of touch marketing, underpowered hardware, required accessories like the Kinect, exclusives that no one cared for, and leaked internal drama within Microsoft Games, resulted in consumers giving up on the Xbox brand.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

They invested in an always-online console and it backfired.

i know they made a bunch of questionable decisions but i never knew if it actually translated into bad sales or if most people didnt actually give a gently caress

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

babypolis posted:

i know they made a bunch of questionable decisions but i never knew if it actually translated into bad sales or if most people didnt actually give a gently caress

Well probably the only reason the 360 was so popular was because the ps3 was lovely, this gen undid that.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I'm sorry talking about games you liked was so painful you had to talk about how bad the Xbox One is, fellows. :(

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

I'm sorry talking about games you liked was so painful you had to talk about how bad the Xbox One is, fellows. :(

I have no problem with the Xbox One, I just wanted to answer the question quickly before some mentally ill poster dumped out their manifesto.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

1. The RAM is bad.
2. the frame rate is not good.
3. It doesn't do the graphics right.
4. Butts, poop and fart
5. The buttons are big and Microsoft will never love you.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm sad that there will not be another Deus Ex sequel, but at least I still have Dishonored 2 to play.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

babypolis posted:

There's plenty of cross-platform titles that work alright on Xbox One, but they couldn't produce a convincing argument to favor the Xbox over the PlayStation, and eventually rather than continuing to delude themselves they started focusing on encouraging people to get games on PC through the Windows Store. At least that's what I got out of it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

I said come in! posted:

Out of touch marketing, underpowered hardware, required accessories like the Kinect, exclusives that no one cared for, and leaked internal drama within Microsoft Games, resulted in consumers giving up on the Xbox brand.

xbox google goatse

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I understand that always-online stuff is bad but I'd love to know how many people it actively inconveniences, it seems to me that always-online will just be the default in a few years given how the internet works.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jay Rust posted:

I understand that always-online stuff is bad but I'd love to know how many people it actively inconveniences, it seems to me that always-online will just be the default in a few years given how the internet works.
If implemented wrong it tends to have bad behavior even for people who always have a connection. If you're in the huge part of the world that doesn't always have a connection then good luck

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The 360 sucked too and Gamers woke up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Always online isn't going to be the default for the foreseeable future. Online infrastructure isn't capable of supporting it to the point you can do it without harming your consumer base and unfortunately the next few years are probably going to be pretty bad for tech companies when it comes to improving that, not in the least because net neutrality is probably going to be dead.

Beyond that it actually makes it hard for, for example, military personnel who can't depend on a reliable internet connection. A lot of people have internet but not reliable internet.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Microsoft got ahold of an assault rifle and shot themselves in the foot dozens of times. That was the Xbone presentation.

They never recovered from trying to jump into the always online television console market.

Healbot fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Feb 20, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Costing 100 bucks more when the other guys have the agreed-upon better graphics sure didn't help any either.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I love the twitter post of one of Microsoft guys i forgot who was saying how great always online is before the presentation. he use a vacuum as a analogy, it was a great set of tweets.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Cyron posted:

I love the twitter post of one of Microsoft guys i forgot who was saying how great always online is before the presentation. he use a vacuum as a analogy, it was a great set of tweets.

Didn't he get fired or something over just talking poo poo at people?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Wasn't the whole Xbone launch debacle the result of different factions within Microsoft fighting over poo poo getting included so they didn't get stack-ranked out of a job and their departments destroyed? Like I think there were former WebTV people that were trying to justify their existence and they were burning all their political capital to exert influence on the design

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

In Training posted:

As a general question to the thread, what game were you best at? It doesn't need to be like professional level play or being a speedrunner, but everyone's had their obsessions throughout gaming. What game absorbed your time and you wanted to master in your own way?

For me it would have to be Team Fortess 2. I originally ignored it when it came out because I had Portal, HL2 Episode 2 and the most superior game of all Peggle Deluxe to play. It wasn't until the scout update and the fact that four of my best gaming friends were hooked on it that I even tried it. I played a number of games with them and had great fun.

Over the next few weeks I played with them every time they did and occasionally without them. They started leaving for other games like Counterstrike, but I continued to play it and enjoy it more and more. I occasionally played in the european tf2 leagues on a team, I also merced for others, I ran a couple of servers and have close to 2800 hours in the game. I'm not amazing like some of the pros, but I love the feeling of changing the tide of a public game by going medic and keeping my team alive.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
I was a pretty good tank in WoW and decent as CS back in the day (even better in beta and early Source for some reason). Generally decent at FPS'es before I turned 20.

Was always pretty ace at Castlevania, esp the Metroid style ones.

Conversely, what games do you absolutely suck at (and wish you didn't/still enjoy?) I've always picked up a lot of RTS's esp Blizz ones and sucked immensely at all of them. Really try to get better but never seem too and struggle through campaigns on normal let alone try multiplayer. I would really like to get on board with the fun people seem to have with DOTA but it just seems pretty impenetrable no matter how many tips, guides etc I watch and read so I end up sucking and ruining other peoples days.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard
The Xbone's only real problem is that post-Ballmer MS don't believe there's a future for the traditional console model.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

The Xbox One has zero good exclusives and all the multiplat stuff runs better on PS4/PC.

It is an utterly pointless console.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
I hear it has the wrong kind of RAM

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

spudsbuckley posted:

The Xbox One has zero good exclusives and all the multiplat stuff runs better on PS4/PC.

It is an utterly pointless console.

Somehow more pointless then the wiiu.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cyron posted:

Somehow more pointless then the wiiu.

A console with Bayonetta 2 isn't pointless

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

word on the street is horizon... is good !!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I'm certainly putting it onto my gaming Horizon!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I'll probably wait for Horizon to hit the €10 mark in a sale and then waffle around and still not buy it because I never bought any game from Guerilla.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'll buy horizon as soon as I finish xcom2, bloodborne, witcher 3 dlc, and then it'll be a toss up between horizon and nioh or mass effect, whichevers cheaper at that point

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm going to rent Horizon from Red Box, I should have beaten Yakuza 0 by that time

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

horizon zero yawns !! two gamer thumbs up #oddiumsreviewcorner #itsmy2cents

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

spudsbuckley posted:

The Xbox One has zero good exclusives

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4EOwbV2KlM

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

KI is on PC too.

Also I haven't played it but the old games were some the worst lovely me-too Mortal Kombat clones of the era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The old games were not very fun to play but had sick music and fun characters. I haven't actually had hands-on with the new one but I've yet to hear a single person who likes fighting games say it's anything but mega-awesome. And even if it wasn't a fun game, it'd still get points for the awesome dynamic soundtracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdovlP7uwDw

• Locked thread