Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They don't even take Kain back home, they are like poo poo your dead throw him out the garbage chute! poo poo gets real space station 13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Xenomrph posted:

You can't post a description like that and not post a YouTube link. :suspense:

Go to 19m30s and watch til about 25m10s of this very NSFW film. Skimming through it again I believe at around the 45 minute mark you can see the part where she kills a guy by skewering his eyeballs via bladed tentacles that emerge from her nipples. Have a great day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuufVK8_5SU

Nemesis 1 is loving amazing but 2/3/4 Oh my Goooood. The fourth one basically drops all pretense and is like a glorified feature length music video of Albert Pyun's sexual hangups. BUT, because 90% of the movie is the main character walking around naked talking about the meaning of robots and poo poo it is in its own weird way an ultra cheap live action Ghost in the Shell movie.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Feb 19, 2017

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...

Neo Rasa posted:

Go to 19m30s and watch til about 25m10s of this very NSFW film. Skimming through it again I believe at around the 45 minute mark you can see the part where she kills a guy by skewering his eyeballs via bladed tentacles that emerge from her nipples. Have a great day!

Nemesis 1 is loving amazing but 2/3/4 Oh my Goooood. The fourth one basically drops all pretense and is like a glorified feature length music video of Albert Pyun's sexual hangups. BUT, because 90% of the movie is the main character walking around naked talking about the meaning of robots and poo poo it is in its own weird way an ultra cheap live action Ghost in the Shell movie.

I skipped to another random spot in that video, and it was the main character killing a dude with a giant needle that grows out of her nipple.

Nemesis 1 is pretty dope at least.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Neo Rasa posted:

Peak Whedon "badass" dialog.

Friendly reminder that, to, this day, Joss "Weyland-Yutani was bought out by Wal-Mart" Whedon refuses to take responsibility for Alien: Resurrection being a shitshow, instead blaming everyone and everything else.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Whedon is one of the most over-rated people in the realm of nerd-culture.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love the hell out of that Wal Mart thing. It's so silly.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

at least someone had the sense to cut that poo poo line from the actual movie

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

banned from Starbucks posted:

at least someone had the sense to cut that poo poo line from the actual movie

It's restored in the "director's cut".

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

HannibalBarca posted:

Friendly reminder that, to, this day, Joss "Weyland-Yutani was bought out by Wal-Mart" Whedon refuses to take responsibility for Alien: Resurrection being a shitshow, instead blaming everyone and everything else.

I always found this hilarious because you can look at his script online and like, sorry man, all the dumbass poo poo was there when you wrote it.

Tenzarin posted:

They don't even take Kain back home, they are like poo poo your dead throw him out the garbage chute! poo poo gets real space station 13.

I actually love this because it's not like they're on a cramped galleon in 1700 and can't afford to keep a rotting body around, so there's no real reason for a "burial at sea." But for a corporation that is sure as hell the cheapest way to handle it so I have no problem believing that's literally corporate policy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's like when he blames that lovely lightning hitting toads line in xmen being stupid on halle's delivery.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Im sure when a line does hit it's mark he gives all the credit to the actor delivering it.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

wyoming posted:

That was her uterus, the machine gave her a hysterectomy.
Programmed for men, she told it to remove foreign matter and so on...

Also Ripley becoming a rapist is the text of the Resurrection.
Like cubed is her getting over her PTSD and having sex with the doctor dude.
Now that she's part rape monster "Who do I have gently caress to get off this tin can" or whatever.
It is a strange movie.

1) I was asking how it got to be so enormous (even after she gets it removed it keeps growing). Where's the mass come from!!?!?!?
2) That's really interesting, it's kind of too bad it's a new Ripley in Resurrection...if it was the same one, there'd be a statement about how a victim can become an abuser

Regarding Whedonchat, I didn't make it this far in my rewatch of Resurrection, but I remember there's a line from Ron Perlman that was something along the lines of "I'm not a mechanic! I mostly just hurt people!"

Wow, hyuck, what an endearing character.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

I remember that line and had a similar reaction. His character in general, like, even among human traffickers and space pirates why would you even have this guy that's basically Waingro on board. :laffo:

WHY BONER NOW posted:

1) I was asking how it got to be so enormous (even after she gets it removed it keeps growing). Where's the mass come from!!?!?!?

You never baked anything or never heard of the volcano science project as a kid?

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 19, 2017

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

WHY BONER NOW posted:

When Shaw comes back, the room is full of blood, handprints on the door, etc.

Several red-shirt crew members wandered into the room and were eaten, offscreen.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

Whedon is one of the most over-rated people in the realm of nerd-culture.

His writing is absolutely perfect for a monster-of-the-week teen drama on prime-time television.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Didn't Whedon want Chow Yun-Fat for Resurrection, or am I confusing that with something else? It's funny to imagine a John Woo styled Alien movie with a bunch of marines led by Chow going nutty in a Xeno-filled bullet ballet.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I believe he did, but instead of that movie, you would've got Chow Yun Fat in Alien Resurrection.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Paolomania posted:

His writing is absolutely perfect for a monster-of-the-week teen drama on prime-time television.

Geez, don't hurt 'im, Paolomania.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Whedon, like Sorkin and the overwhelmingly majority of artistic types, has one thing he's really good at, and every time he steps outside his area of specialty, he either struggles, or it turns back into his specialty, the way Sorkin wrote something with the same plot as 30 Rock with the intensity of the White House ops room.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Snowman_McK posted:

Whedon, like Sorkin and the overwhelmingly majority of artistic types, has one thing he's really good at, and every time he steps outside his area of specialty, he either struggles, or it turns back into his specialty, the way Sorkin wrote something with the same plot as 30 Rock with the intensity of the White House ops room.

The big mistake there was actually showing the sketches.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

porfiria posted:

The big mistake there was actually showing the sketches.

Ah yes, the MAD TV cast having an off night

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.
I've got the Alien movie poster on the wall in my lounge, as I'm sure many of you have also.

I was looking at it last night, and I became irrationally annoyed and perplexed at the way the Alien egg on the poster is "cracking" and the light is flooding out from inside.

The eggs don't open like that, goddamnit!

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
Why are Xenomorphs so angry all the time?. They should try talking for once or just like be friendly and not all slashy/stabby, offer a handshake or something. I'm not seeing much in the way of conflict resolution in Alien: Covenant

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/AlienAnthology/status/834040002656899074

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 22, 2017

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

psyman posted:

Why are Xenomorphs so angry all the time?. They should try talking for once or just like be friendly and not all slashy/stabby, offer a handshake or something. I'm not seeing much in the way of conflict resolution in Alien: Covenant

There's a movie called Star Crystal that's a huge cheap knockoff of Alien in every way EXCEPT once it's just down to the alien and couple of the crew it turns out the alien is actually nice and learned to speak English and only killed people because they were trying to kill it first and there's a montage of the alien being sad and becoming friends with the remaining crew and playing chess/helping them repair stuff/etc. and then the credits roll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOwDIKS6qVs

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

psyman posted:

You'd be angry too if you had two sets of teeth and no toothbrush.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

SimonCat posted:

You'd be angry too if you had two sets of teeth and no toothbrush.

Or if you were a literal dickhead.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Xenomorphs are super chill but they just don't understand social constructs.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

In Alien and Alien 3 does it even actually hunt anyone down or does it just kill people that invade its personal space?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

In Alien and Alien 3 does it even actually hunt anyone down or does it just kill people that invade its personal space?

I guess in Alien its debatable but it definitely hunts people down in Alien 3.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Neo Rasa posted:

Is this zoomed really badly or just bad?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Just bad.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

psyman posted:

Why are Xenomorphs so angry all the time?.

That's gonna make a great Anger Management sequel and alien movie.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT5IngAP_yk

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
how is this real
how

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
The 90's were rad as gently caress

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
How is this the first time i'm seeing that. Incredible.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Holy poo poo I remember this.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The 90s. When America commercialized its rape analogies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnfXxOVwYno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

david_a posted:

how is this real
how

Holy gently caress I'm drinking Pepsi exclusively from now on.