Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

hot sauce posted:

https://www.facebook.com/JOEROGAN/posts/10154686263024902:0

Joe apologized for the episode with Steven Crowder

Joe's a good guy. I was cringing every time he yelled gently caress FACE, etc repeatedly at him. That was a bit over the line I think when you're disagreeing with someone =/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

tbf when you're that juiced up on test and HGH every disagreement feels like a battle in the octagon

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

hot sauce posted:

https://www.facebook.com/JOEROGAN/posts/10154686263024902:0

Joe apologized for the episode with Steven Crowder

Rogan may be the only person on Earth who wants Stephen Crowder to like him.

https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/658479653359890432

e: I only heard of Crowder from this forum. He once got KO'd by a senior citizen union worker after he tried shoving him on camera. Was a virgin "by choice" and for some reason has to have his wedding ring in every photo. He's a complete turd and yet Rogan loving apologized to him ahahaha

CortezFantastic fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Feb 17, 2017

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I had never heard of Crowder before this and listened in halfway through the argument, but based on what I heard I can understand apologizing. Calling someone "you gently caress" multiple times on a show you invited them on is kind of douchy.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Yeah I'm a huge lefty and obviously pro weed but that was pretty terrible to listen to. Yelling down someones throat isn't a great way to win an argument or get someone to understand your side.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I haven't watched this yet but this should be good, joe calls into steven crowder's show for a debrief of sorts. Comments indicate like they patch things up if anyone was unsure where they stood after that podcast ended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8Uu3HNlVdo&t=3293s
(54min53s)

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I think it's in Joe's best interest to keep the peace with guests on his show. You don't want guests turning down your invite because they thing a gorilla is going to be screaming at them. I don't think Joe particularly cares if someone disagrees with him either so why hold a grudge?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Smeed posted:

I think it's in Joe's best interest to keep the peace with guests on his show. You don't want guests turning down your invite because they thing a gorilla is going to be screaming at them. I don't think Joe particularly cares if someone disagrees with him either so why hold a grudge?

I guess I just don't understand why comedians are so friendly with hacks right now.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I think it's a pretty simple line. If I'm arguing with someone I'm close with (or hell, not close with) and disagreeing it's important to me to not disrespect them and to focus on their argument and their actions, not get personal.

If someone was yelling "gently caress FACE" and "YOU gently caress" "lol but j/k tho" at me the way Joe was while I was in his house while we were having a serious debate where no one was throwing jokes out and I was not reciprocating this (from what I saw, Chowder wasn't reciprocating any of it) I would feel pretty disrespected and would feel aversions towards having conversations with them in the future if they can't keep their cool. I'm glad Joe reached out to him.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Am I projecting, or has Joe always had a fair amount of podcasts where they get lit up on booze?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Crowder was being a gently caress though. He was just being a weasel about it. He got asked a question answered, but then he immediately went into speaking strongly about it as if he had authority. Rogan calls him out and he goes oh I don't care about it but did you hear this absolutely true fact I wrote about? They look up the fact it gets disproven and then he just goes oh I don't care and you aren't correct read my article.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Al-Saqr posted:

Lol you just answered your own question.

A Canadian who was directly inspired by the likes of Milo, Spencer, Breitbart, Etc. Walked into a mosque and machine gunned six people after becoming radicalized and indoctrinated by those fascist animals.

Yet you're bothered so much when someone decides to clock them for spreading that Idea, for trying to drag people back into the the worst aspects of history, and set culture back at least 50 years and invite violence and oppression to minorities and the weak.

gently caress them.

im not bothered when people punch richard spencer im bothered when leftists and meme communists online have circlejerks about throwing people they disagree with in gulags and generally have a big erotic fantasy about the state apparatus murdering people for their own pleasure. i see antifa people doing good, but they're right next to communists who are literally advocating for rounding up and gassing people. its all over leftbook

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Sometimes it's good to just apologize even if the other person is a jackass. Beef between them isn't going to benefit anyone. It also appears that a lot of fans on both sides appreciate the apology.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Megazver posted:

Like Joe says, who decides who's a Nazi?

Because here's a list of people I've personally seen being compared to Nazis in the last few weeks on Twitter, with people urging violent action against them: Zionists, anyone who is pro-Israel, Dan Savage, New Atheists, just atheists, Jesse Singal, Alice Dreger, Richard Dawkins, libertarians. Now, I am not politically on board with a lot of these people but maybe, just maybe, they're not Nazis and shouldn't get physically assaulted.

Zionists and Israeli apologists are closer to Nazis than anyone in the American government right now. Edgelord time. Sorry, but if you have "a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition." that's textbook fascism.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Zionists and Israeli nationalists being so willing to forgive, condone, and associate with known and open antisemites if those antisemites are in similarly right wing fascist governments, that's telling.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Cool Joe Rogan chat in here.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

I haven't watched this yet but this should be good, joe calls into steven crowder's show for a debrief of sorts. Comments indicate like they patch things up if anyone was unsure where they stood after that podcast ended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8Uu3HNlVdo&t=3293s
(54min53s)

Hey pals, I just finished listening to this and I thought it was good. I do understand more where Crowder is coming from and I think I agree with him to an extent and I'll explain.

I think what he meant to say/SHOULD have said was "I don't care about the legalization argument" of weed BUT he does not like what he sees as pro-legalization people embellishing the positives and minimize/sweeping under the rug the negatives of it, which I think is a totally fair opinion to have and I don't think his and Joe's opinions are even mutually exclusive with one another. It came off as more of a misunderstanding to me. I will say I didn't watch that entire JRE, I just caught about 75% of that particular argument. I'm unfamiliar with Crowder so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Honestly, I do sympathize with Crowder here cause find myself getting into similar arguments about the president. Like, I don't support him/didn't vote for him, but I don't like it when people just start making poo poo up about him out of thin air- I think it does more harm than good to everyone, and people fly off the handle and mischaracterize me for this the way Rogan did there (TO BE FAIR, Crowder framed his argument horribly).

I don't particularly see these as a political stances but more of a credibility/ethical one, you know?

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 18, 2017

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Under the vegetable posted:

im not bothered when people punch richard spencer im bothered when leftists and meme communists online have circlejerks about throwing people they disagree with in gulags and generally have a big erotic fantasy about the state apparatus murdering people for their own pleasure. i see antifa people doing good, but they're right next to communists who are literally advocating for rounding up and gassing people. its all over leftbook

antifa are good

BUT ARE THEY????

Crowder is a real piece of garbage and a hack in its truest form. The problem with conservative humor is it has to be antagonistic and hurtful. Punchlines are always calling someone a name or some lame poo poo like "I went to a college campus and blew my friend on the quad and they got mad, guess they aren't so PC!" or some poo poo. The fact that Rogan gives Crowder the time of day when he has made no one laugh, ever, says something, but I am not sure what. The only good that came out of Crowder was having a senior citizen knock him out when he started the fight.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Crowder is a oval office.
Joe is a oval office for giving him airtime.

I am listening to his new episode with Frank Castillo. They are freaking the gently caress out about asteroids destroying earth, and everything feels right again, man.

edit: lol the studio is leaking

Dirt fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Feb 18, 2017

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

The_Rob posted:

I guess I just don't understand why comedians are so friendly with hacks right now.

Because like it or not, hoopleheads like Crowder have an audience and is a name amongst the right these days, especially on the internet. The alt-right sucks but they have buzz and are a thing now. Joe has built up his podcast brand very successfully over the last 3 years so he probably doesn't want to piss off a group and close down a potential avenue to further build up his brand.

He doesn't hate Crowder and gets along with him well enough but I imagine a lot of it is a pragmatic business move.

That's my cynical take on it anyway.

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Feb 18, 2017

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Do you guys consider Crowder alt-right? I saw him as just a boring traditional conservative from his appearances on JRE.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Crowder is prob more of a neo-con but I assume he'll take any form or shape he could to make a dollar

https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/732367986636423168?lang=en

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
Crowder seemed to hate pot because it's associated with liberals but he was also a pussy to say what he really thought because he knows it is unpopular with Rogan's fanbase. gently caress having weaselly guests like that on.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
The one thing that blew my mind was him saying that pharma would benefit the most from legal weed. How would anyone come to that conclusion is beyond me.

Also lol at him thinking ceos should make in 2 weeks what some of their employees make in 40 years.

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 18, 2017

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

He said he was harsher on pot when he was younger. What kind of turbo square hates pot when they're young

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smugworth posted:

He said he was harsher on pot when he was younger. What kind of turbo square hates pot when they're young

The same kind that "saves themselves" for marriage.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
My favorite thing about crowder is how he thinks it's real edgy and punk Rock to be about no sex until marriage.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

hes a a fuckin momo, its not enough to say 'state's rights' when the loving states are locking people up for a loving plant, he's a loving miserable wretch

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
With CPAC booking a speaker who advocated for relationships with children on Joe's show, it's still funny to think of all these mainstream media types listening to Joe talk monkey kettlebells and the rest of it.

What was Joe's reaction to the kid stuff? I assume it was Kilstein/Crowder hostility?

Piquai Souban fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Feb 20, 2017

well why not
Feb 10, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
he was kinda skeptical and didn't really put it together that they were discussing child abuse. more focussed on the sleazy hollywood story vibes

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
I watched a whole bunch of Newsradio over the weekend, and found it real funny how many little jokes are in the show where Joe's character (Joe) is talking abut conspiracy theories, aliens, and other dimensions. There was also a line in one episode where Joe says he knows a guy whose face got eaten by a grizzly bear.

If you ever heard one of the several podcasts where Joe says that trying to get something off of the internet is like getting pee out of a pool, that as one of his lines in an episode. I wonder if that was his joke or if it was written for the show and he just held onto it.

A lot of other comics pop up in guest roles throughout the show, including one episode where Dipaolo and Callen show up as Joe's rowdy brothers.

It's a real great show.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Copper Vein posted:

in the show where Joe's character (Joe) is talking abut conspiracy theories, aliens, and other dimensions. There was also a line in one episode where Joe says he knows a guy whose face got eaten by a grizzly bear.
I can't even separate Rogan and his character when I watch the show. It makes it much more entertaining accepting that it's Rogan playing Rogan.

It's also responsible for Andy Dick vs Rogan in an MMA fight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6_k9rtDL8M

Easily one of my favorite TV shows of all time.

:rip: Phil Hartman

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gently caress yeah, I grew up watching NewsRadio and that show is the whole reason I even know who Joe Rogan is. I've listened to all the behind the scenes/commentary stuff and those lines you mentioned are no coincidence.

Many of the characters' quirks on the show were influenced by real life habits/traits of their actors (such as Dave Foley's coffee addiction). Best comedy ever made imo. I saw Joe when he came to Philly right around my birthday last year and his face lit up when I mentioned I was a fan of NewsRadio.

Also yeah :rip: phil hartman. He's the most tragic celeb death I can think of in my lifetime since any dead celeb I liked died under a combination of their own bad decisions when Phil was straight up murdered :smith:

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 20, 2017

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

beep by grandpa posted:

Also yeah :rip: phil hartman. He's the most tragic celeb death I can think of in my lifetime since any dead celeb I liked died under a combination of their own bad decisions when Phil was straight up murdered :smith:

First episode of season 5 still gets to me. I still don't get how they finished that episode.

(First episode after Phil died)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Digital Jedi posted:

First episode of season 5 still gets to me. I still don't get how they finished that episode.

(First episode after Phil died)

They barely did- it's documented that they had to stop filming many times because the cast kept breaking down crying during takes. It's a very tastefully and respectfully done episode and I'm glad they addressed it the way they did and moved on. I had to pull the episode out of my randomized NewsRadio playlist I had a few years back because it's such a downer and I have to be in the right mood for it.

From that episode forward in Dave's office if you look right behind his desk is a magazine cover with Phil Hartman's face on it present throughout the remainder of the show.

edit: God, the reading of Phil's goodbye letter to every character on the show at the end is BRUTAL. Iirc Dave Foley *barely* gets through the last bit of it.

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 20, 2017

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I wish Dave Foley would come back and to the podcast again seeing as how he's been in TV and stuff lately. He was on like 5 years ago and it was some really compelling but sad poo poo (because of Canada's outrageous custody(?) laws he basically can't go back there or he'll be arrested or some poo poo and it was all just really sad. Don't marry crazy, people).

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
just cause i am an idiot who follows this poo poo

people raised a big stink about Milo defending pedos in a video from a year ago after he got invited to CPAC and now he is on an apology tour online

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
https://twitter.com/joerogan/status/833873810268893184

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm listening to a podcast from last week and Joe had to stop the discussion to explain to Eddie Bravo that rolling your windows up in your car does not vacuum seal the vehicle because otherwise that would kill everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

CortezFantastic posted:

just cause i am an idiot who follows this poo poo

people raised a big stink about Milo defending pedos in a video from a year ago after he got invited to CPAC and now he is on an apology tour online

And he just lost his book deal as well as said CPAC invite.