Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Pilsner posted:

Note that even though I have made the new split AC and ATK values show with a plus + between the two values (because I thought a slash / was misleading), it doesn't mean that those two values added end up totaling the same as the old values. I'm using the values straight from the game engine, and they are the same with the stock UI. At a quick glance, it appears I have about half the AC I used to when adding the two numbers, but the two ATK values seem to add up to the total ATK I had before.

Because those numbers weren't added to get your old AC number.
(1000 * (MitigationAC + AvoidanceAC)) / (350 + 497) is how the formula looked.

Thanks for the UI update!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rymos
Jan 31, 2014
How's leveling up now? Contemplating dual boxing..something. The last time I really played was back in PoP/OoW. I miss quad kiting Wyverns in Cobalt Scar..

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Rymos posted:

How's leveling up now? Contemplating dual boxing..something. The last time I really played was back in PoP/OoW. I miss quad kiting Wyverns in Cobalt Scar..

Are you asking about live servers or tlp? Live is pretty easy up to 75ish then it slows until you get to 85 and more things open up.

Tlp phinigel server is kinda slow, from what I've heard, if you don't have a solid group.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
It's slowish on phinny but fairly easy to get a group although with PoP next week a good chunk of people will switch back to mains to level/flag/thunderdome in plane of storms.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
PoP is awesome.

But lord at that ~1.5 hours yesterday where it was impossible to leave PoTranq, lol.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

xZAOx posted:

PoP is awesome.

But lord at that ~1.5 hours yesterday where it was impossible to leave PoTranq, lol.

Don't forget to give us TLP drama updates.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Makes me really want to sub again, though missing kunark-luclin is sad.

Maybe if they do another TLP server I'll actually stick around past level 20.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

jetz0r posted:

Don't forget to give us TLP drama updates.

Heh, I ignore most of it. I'm sure PoStorms will provide all kinds of fun training and such though.

MF_James posted:

Makes me really want to sub again, though missing kunark-luclin is sad.

Maybe if they do another TLP server I'll actually stick around past level 20.

Well, apparently Gloomingdeep is in now, so 1-20 should at least be easier, right?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

xZAOx posted:

Heh, I ignore most of it. I'm sure PoStorms will provide all kinds of fun training and such though.

oh man I'm sure it will, druid/enchanters can really cause a lot of problems in that zone charming things.

quote:

Well, apparently Gloomingdeep is in now, so 1-20 should at least be easier, right?

Yeah, honestly the levels weren't brutal, I enjoy leveling in EQ,maybe because I'm hosed up and created bad neural pathways as a child, but it gives me great satisfaction to level in EQ. The issue is the overall time investment, I'm at a point in my life where I can't devote enough time to it anymore :(

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Storms has been a mixed bag. Some guilds do memblurring and stuff, and most do DPS races at the least. A lot of it is about getting mana burn on it asap, to block memblur.

On the other hand, there's been like 4-6 picks up all the time, so everyone parks trackers and calls out targets to your raid, while they move around, taking timers and tracking them, etc.

For the most part it has been fairly conflict free for us, but it's still loving stupid. But it's about to get worse!

Snip from patch notes:

quote:

- Load balanced (/pick) zones will now 'lock' if any two versions of a load balanced zone have a player count less than or equal to 1/3 of the zone's threshold. A locked zone will:
- - Transfer all player corpses to the base zone and any new corpses will get moved to the base zone immediately.
- - Block entry to the zone and will be removed the from the /pick options.
- - Start despawning mercenaries is there are any in the zone.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

xZAOx posted:

Storms has been a mixed bag. Some guilds do memblurring and stuff, and most do DPS races at the least. A lot of it is about getting mana burn on it asap, to block memblur.

On the other hand, there's been like 4-6 picks up all the time, so everyone parks trackers and calls out targets to your raid, while they move around, taking timers and tracking them, etc.

For the most part it has been fairly conflict free for us, but it's still loving stupid. But it's about to get worse!

Snip from patch notes:

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Yea I don't know how bad PoStorms was the first few days with AoS/OGC/whoever neckbearding and griefing for server first went, but the past few days we've been bringing a few groups to Storms and just doing DPS races on the contested mobs. BDA has a no-memblur/no training policy. Overall everyone has been pretty polite.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

khysanth posted:

Yea I don't know how bad PoStorms was the first few days with AoS/OGC/whoever neckbearding and griefing for server first went, but the past few days we've been bringing a few groups to Storms and just doing DPS races on the contested mobs. BDA has a no-memblur/no training policy. Overall everyone has been pretty polite.

First couple days in Storms was terrible. Big memblur & manaburn fest. In the end AoS won out we finished our 60 keys first and plowed through the rest. We finished in just over 2 days like 53 hours or something, one 6 hourish break the first night since Saryn despawned when the server crashed and a 4 hour nap time between elemental gods. This same crash I think was what locked OGC out for a couple days messing them up on Bertox or something. We lost our Saryn instance, but luckily had the open world to fall back on. The largest amount of time was spent just getting storm keys.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
In EoE, we had thoughts of trying to do basically that but we saw AoS and OGC there and came back later. We had some later competition from IVAS and Entendre, but I think we won all but two DPS races and keyed 67 people that night, which is 5 more than you need for a full 72 raid with pushes. In the meantime, basically all of our officers except me went and got the other keys (BoT outer towers, Saryrn's door, Mith Marr's door) and when we broke into elemental, I looted all the glaze stuff we got except for two pieces, stayed up, made the vial, and we crushed X and Time the next day.

Other than Dima and Grizvok pissing contests, like yesterday throwing 300+ people into Plane of Earth B to gently caress with each other on the Rathe, everything went about 10000x smoother than I thought. Now the next big fear is Kod'Taz Grand Summoner ring, but iirc he's not required for Ikkinz raids, just BiC; and if they instance Txevu or not, because Zun'muram Tkarish Zyk triggers the Tacvi instance when he dies, and DBG might be stupid enough to say 'welp no that means we can't instance it'.

BTW, the Rathe is still up in open world Earth B, no one will go for it because all it takes is one person showing up and 'accidentally' hitting the mezzed Rathe councilmembers and you've lost at least 15 minutes work getting them there. IVAS had a ranger basically go on an autofire frenzy trying to unfuck himself and caused them to lose their rathe fight when the instance collapsed, Entendre tried to do Rathe with one enchanter and zero bards able to mez. I have no words to describe just how god drat hilarious I found both of those, especially since we had a dumbass mage do the same thing to us but we still recovered and one shot Rathe with 62 characters, and most of the people at that raid were basically falling asleep while we were fighting the most technical encounter in the expansion.

I'm not certain the pick thing is bad, because its all but confirmed at this point that pick cascading is why Phinigel crashes nearly daily. Now that people are able to spread out, the server has been up for awhile, but we were cramming 1500+ characters into just a few zones on opening night, and the server crashed six times. Also if you happen to be in a good group, you get into the 'locked' pick before it locks and stay until it does, you've now got basically free reign over your zone as long as you don't die.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
The patch with the nerfs to Pickzones and load balancing PoTranq - with no notes about moving the 20 AoCs there or making them work in pickzones - is going live today.

The pickzone nerf is annoying, but the PoTranq really has the chance to gently caress people over. I can't believe they went live with that, after all the feedback they got. They didn't even comment on the issue.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

xZAOx posted:

They didn't even comment on the issue.

#daybreak

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Oh hey I lied. Apparently they updated the patch notes, but didn't like, respond to anyone about it.

"Corrected an issue that could cause a player to get stuck in an instance if entering from a pickzone. This addresses the issue with Agents of Change in the Plane of Tranquility."

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

xZAOx posted:

Oh hey I lied. Apparently they updated the patch notes, but didn't like, respond to anyone about it.

"Corrected an issue that could cause a player to get stuck in an instance if entering from a pickzone. This addresses the issue with Agents of Change in the Plane of Tranquility."

That corrects a different, much rarer issue that hasn't really happened since Velious.

The line that makes it okay is this:
- Fixed a bug where Agents of Change in pickzones would fail to send you to an instance.

Now the question is, did it actually work, because they've "fixed" this bug before and it did literally nothing to address the situation. AoCs in picks would still ignore you when you said the zone-in keyword.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I suspect it will give a lockout, teleport you to that bugged zone with human Trak, then delete your character.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
Even better on all the complaining (trust me, EoE did its fair share too), the upper cap on Tranq is something like 600 people. When there were 400+ in the zone, I checked and there was exactly one pick of Tranq. This is apparently for a theoretical future server, since I don't think 1000+ characters are actively played on Ragefire or Lockjaw.

According to posts, there are bugs with the pick locking and moving corpses to the base zone. Let me tell you how shocked I am at that, considering dying in an AoC / replay timer instance and not getting rezzed before the instance is kicked results in your corpse vanishing for all time along with its sweet, sweet XP.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
When did that start? We've had people die in instances and log, and the corpse typically popped out at the AOC right after the instance shut down. I think one zone it put them at a zone line.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Just summon back to guild lobby and rez there. :smugndar:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Smedley got a new gig

http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/15/14628784/amazon-game-studios-john-smedley-san-diego

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Interesting, one of the lead guys from the Star Wars: TOR MMORPG just left for a new job in San Diego. Wonder if it's the same thing.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Hey guys, since us EQ players are kinda a different breed willing to put with ancient old poo poo, I was curious - what guild are you in, and what do you use for voice chat?

Phinny or live players, just curious.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Realm of Insanity, and Discord.

We used to use Vent, but our servers kept getting DDOS'd.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Discord is pretty good, although the overlay crashes Everquest for me. But I don't care, I know the unimportant people to ignore.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
We use teamspeak, no one seems interested in discord which makes me sad.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Node posted:

Discord is pretty good, although the overlay crashes Everquest for me. But I don't care, I know the unimportant people to ignore.

Yeah, EQ thinks how Discord does overlays is hacking so it disconnects you. There's a few forum threads about it.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

xZAOx posted:

Yeah, EQ thinks how Discord does overlays is hacking so it disconnects you. There's a few forum threads about it.

Its an anti hacking defense? Seriously? I just assumed Everquest.exe was being a 17 year old pile and crashing because its a 17 year old pile.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

xZAOx posted:

lmao

That makes perfect sense for EQ/DBG. Servers full of people using hacks that get no response, but an unrelated overlay gets caught.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

xZAOx posted:

Hey guys, since us EQ players are kinda a different breed willing to put with ancient old poo poo, I was curious - what guild are you in, and what do you use for voice chat?

Phinny or live players, just curious.

Echoes of Elysium and teamspeak. We had a single raid night where TS was broken and our admin dude couldn't get them to hard restart the server, so we used a discord that Kuvani set up, but we're locked into inertia with people having set up all their whisper lists and poo poo on TS so we won't change any time soon.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
What's a whisper list?

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

xZAOx posted:

What's a whisper list?

You can configure secondary push to talk keys that allow you to talk to specific people privately regardless of what server channel they're in.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Oh....alright, that's a pretty awesome feature for raid leaders and loot council, no doubt.

J
Jun 10, 2001

xZAOx posted:

Oh....alright, that's a pretty awesome feature for raid leaders and loot council, no doubt.

It's also an awesome way for people to accidentally use their regular push to talk key instead of their whisper key and air a bunch of drama to everyone :q:

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
That sounds amazing, lol.

Our guild is still using Vent. Last updated August 2008. Was curious if it was still common to be using such a terrible VOIP program, heh.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

J posted:

It's also an awesome way for people to accidentally use their regular push to talk key instead of their whisper key and air a bunch of drama to everyone :q:

Seen this happen on multiple occasions. Absolutely loving hilarious.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
Our guildleader has speakers so whenever we talk in binds/whispers, and he keys up to talk to the rest of the raid, you can hear us.

Occasionally I'll say a word or to in normal then swap back to bind/whispers for the rest, and vice versa. I've also pasted the comparison information on loots, and loot opinions into /rsay instead of chat channels a few times.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

BDA uses ventrilo but a large contingent of the guild is pushing for a move to Discord. Ventrilo is still the official VoIP software for raids, but off hours a lot of us are chatting in Discord. I honestly don't care, it's not like using one or the other is going to make or break any raids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
After using Discord on the weekends for exp groups, when we're forced to go back into Ventrillo for raids, it sounds like everyone is speaking from in front of a waterfall, heh.

https://clyp.it/xiao50px

Except Qwikstik, who sounds like he is an actual waterfall.