Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Kibner and I definitely exist. Kibner even goes to the games!

Five year STH. :whatup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Let me strap on my "dumb venture capitalist who doesn't understand what proven commodities are" okay let's roll

I understand not trading for Drummond if you think you have the same thing in WCS. If you want to rebuild, Drummond is on the first year of 5/130 so if it doesn't work out his contract might be kind of difficult to move. Buddy Hield is still on a rookie contract so if he blossoms it's a more cost effective contract. as for why they think they don't need a sf idk man

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Nah I think Ranadive joined an open fantasy league online and he's like 3rd or 4th right now because he's not a total fool but he needed to depress the value on Boogie and AD to make his final push post ASB.

Bet he picked up maybe Evans or Hield and he's going to designate them the +1 on his 4+1 defense

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Howard Beck, sick of writing mediocre buff pieces, is trying to get in on the hit piece market

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2693953-the-winner-of-the-demarcus-cousins-trade-isnt-who-you-think-it-is

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2693953-the-winner-of-the-demarcus-cousins-trade-isnt-who-you-think-it-is

Vivek has a vision, a vision where the ghastly silhouette of the boogster was replaced by the beaming radiant form of buddy. heeere's buddy

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
So many people are ready to buy in on that poo poo about Cousins too. It's crazy that the narrative around him being a headcase is strong enough that idiots are willing to believe it was for the best to just get rid of him for garbage.

Jota fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Feb 20, 2017

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
So the trade clearly isn't officially consummated yet - is there any chance the Kings could see the total trashing they're getting and get cold feet? Normally I'd say handshake deals are solid, but it is The Kings, After All

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
OKC trade for Collison and Afflalo and reassemble the 2007 UCLA team

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

roundmidnight posted:

So the trade clearly isn't officially consummated yet - is there any chance the Kings could see the total trashing they're getting and get cold feet? Normally I'd say handshake deals are solid, but it is The Kings, After All

Sure, if they never want to be involved in a trade again.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Kibner posted:

I mean, that's probably for the best at this point. Can the NBA parachute in an emergency GM by Thursday?

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

When that Kings pick the Sixers own in 2019 is the 1st overall pick, what cool Kevin Love-sque player are they going to trade it for?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

paternity suitor posted:

When that Kings pick the Sixers own in 2019 is the 1st overall pick, what cool Kevin Love-sque player are they going to trade it for?

Probably Kevin Love.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Kibner posted:

Five year STH. :whatup:

If I could ever justify making the drive back down there I'd take you up on your ticket offers.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Jimmy Butler

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
As a non-Kings NBA fan I'm really looking forward to seeing Boogie and AD on the same team.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I was actually excited for the Suicide Squad Kings last year and was sad but not surprised when it didn't work.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Goonmeet at the 3/31 Kings Pels game at the smoothie king?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Adun posted:

As a non-Kings NBA fan I'm really looking forward to seeing Boogie and AD on the same team.

Considering how he's ran the team so far this year, Gentry is going to completely waste this front court combo until he's fired.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Doltos posted:

Considering how he's ran the team so far this year, Gentry is going to completely waste this front court combo until he's fired.

I have my complaints with Gentry, but what did you expect him to do on offense with the pieces he has this season?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tarbrush posted:

I mean, that's probably for the best at this point. Can the NBA parachute in an emergency GM by Thursday?

they need to parachute an emergency owner more, sounds like

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
You know, at least in the Pau trade the Grizzlies got Marc.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/Isaiah_Thomas/status/833729748832432128

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Sacramento is so dumb. Brooklyn probably hosed themselves worse but at least they were trying to win in the short term. Kings just gave up any hope in the short-term to get mediocre Buddy and a mediocre pick and they're already swapping '17 picks with the Sixers and out their '19 pick so they won't get much out of their losses the next few years and now they're among the worst teams in the NBA. The return on this deal is so bad that it's nearly the same as just letting him walk.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

any team interested in taking on tyreke evans for a protected 2nd rounder

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

WhyteRyce posted:

If you'll also give the second rounder, maybe.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

WhyteRyce posted:

Yes if it's Top-25 protected.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

straight up brolic posted:

Howard Beck, sick of writing mediocre buff pieces, is trying to get in on the hit piece market

This is the worst thing I've ever read Jesus Christ

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
You'd think Beck could have at least gotten some juicy on-the-way-out leaks from Sacramento if he was going to be that generous to the front office, but nope.

"If you squint, it's like they maybe almost got three lotto picks!"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Like, how could you possibly look at the Sacramento Kings of the past seven years, and think "if not for the cancerous presence of Boogie Cousins, they could have built something here!"

The Kings gave away their only other good player during that timespan because they didn't want to sign him to a $7 million / year deal

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lockback posted:

Do you have a script that replies this or..?

I just love meme's

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

xbilkis posted:

Like, how could you possibly look at the Sacramento Kings of the past seven years, and think "if not for the cancerous presence of Boogie Cousins, they could have built something here!"

The Kings gave away their only other good player during that timespan because they didn't want to sign him to a $7 million / year deal

Just think the Kings could be starting Thomas/Seth Curry/Gay/Cousins/Whiteside.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Spacebump posted:

Tossing the Kings under the bus for IT is totally justified, but every team in the league gave up on Whiteside. Any team could have gotten him. I don't think its fair to blame the Kings, Whiteside needed to wash out before he took the game seriously.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spacebump posted:

Whiteside and Cousins on one team would be a powder keg. Whiteside on any team with a superstar that cares about spacing is a nightmare.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lockback posted:

Tossing the Kings under the bus for IT is totally justified, but every team in the league gave up on Whiteside. Any team could have gotten him. I don't think its fair to blame the Kings, Whiteside needed to wash out before he took the game seriously.

Yeah, the Grizzlies had him in training camp and then signed him to a 10 day contract earlier in the same season that he caught on with the Heat

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Buddy only two years younger than Kawhi?? hahahahahaha

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017

straight up brolic posted:

this guy is a loving moron and should retire WE GOT FUCKIGN NOTHING FOR COUSINS!!!! W'ERE GONNA BE poo poo AND THE NORCAL FLOOD IS GONNA DESTROY THE NEW ARENA

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Kibner posted:

theyve already poisoned the hole for fa signings they might as well go all the way

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ribtstu posted:

THE NORCAL FLOOD IS GONNA DESTROY THE NEW ARENA

I think that's called a "mercy killing."

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Sac fans, is there ANY sense of "relief" or anything? Like, yes, this is a truly terrible trade but finally, FINALLY, the Kings can attempt to move on and get out of the 9-11th seed morass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I can't imagine that there's a ton of relief, seeing as the Sixers own their pick via a swap, the Pelicans pick is protected, and Philly also owns their 2019 pick, which is unprotected

• Locked thread