Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Holy poo poo. That John Legend half time show made me fall asleep and I woke up to this.

One of the worst trades in the modern history of the NBA. Everyone involved with the Kings should be banned from the league. What a disgrace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Folks, I'm hearing "Vivek Ranadipshit"

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Now the Pau trade isn't the worst trade in the history of the league!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Would somebody please trade for championship center Andrew Bogut now?

Edit: lol
https://twitter.com/ClevisMurray/status/833532433282768896

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Feb 20, 2017

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

They really, really aren't. Trading Ingram + Someone or Someones Else (because they were going to have to do that to make the money work) for potentially only 1.5 years of Cousins--who said he's not signing an extension, and who's losing 200 million dollars because of this trade--and the draft pick that comes due coincidentally the year after that would be a pretty big risk a. Not to mention they offered guys who are better players right now and the Kings said no.

Cousins probably resigns, that was likely just a smokescreen. But trading away your good young players + picks just makes you the Kings of SoCal, but with enormous pressure to do something. Lakers are better off where they are, I think.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spacebump posted:

Yeah the Drummond thing is funny,. He's not great but he's also only as old as Buddy is. Hahaha

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Drummond is a better haul by himself than what they got.

https://twitter.com/WalderSports/status/833659480785158144

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

EvanTH posted:

Hmmm so is NO the best frontcourt in the league right now, the best since Duncan/Robinson, or are they the best frontcourt in the history of the league?

Is there any chance they could stick together longer than Duncan/Robinson? I think they could be the best duo cumulatively but, Duncan/Robinson was the "better" duo, especially prior to Robinson's final year.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Yeah the Drummond thing is funny,. He's not great but he's also only as old as Buddy is. Hahaha

True though I think the issue is they don't want to be paying someone a lot of money to make them mediocre. The goal seems firmly on tank for awhile.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
So now that this happened, is more crazy trade poo poo on the horizon?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Two Tone Shoes posted:

True though I think the issue is they don't want to be paying someone a lot of money to make them mediocre. The goal seems firmly on tank for awhile.

Tanking isn't as effective when you owe people picks (or swaps) though

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Maybe colangelo holding out of trading okafor to Nola means he indirectly made his Sacramento picks super valuable.

Please Eat A Vegetable
Jun 26, 2002
Lord of Primate Booty
Someone had to be nuts to trade these two for each other.

Nuts...

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Jota posted:

Holy poo poo. That John Legend half time show made me fall asleep and I woke up to this.

One of the worst trades in the modern history of the NBA. Everyone involved with the Kings should be banned from the league. What a disgrace.

It really is. Even Drummond straight up for Boogie would have been better than that poo poo sandwich they got from the Pelicans. Ridiculous.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Jack's Flow posted:

It really is. Even Drummond straight up for Boogie would have been better than that poo poo sandwich they got from the Pelicans. Ridiculous.

Someone pointed it out in the other thread but Drummond's contract might be a big risk for a rebuilding team. And they are now in a full rebuild.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I sure do wish the Kings would give the Pacers one Darren Collison for the low low price of Lavoy Allen and a 2018 2nd round pick!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I hope Boogie and AD dunk all over the Sacramento Kings until the end of time.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

Drummond is a better haul by himself than what they got.

https://twitter.com/WalderSports/status/833659480785158144

this is loving hilarious

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Spacebump posted:

Man, Stan really isn't loving around.

DeMarcus could've been the new Rasheed :smith:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Chairchucker posted:

I hope Boogie and AD dunk all over the Sacramento Kings until the end of time.

But, that would make WhyteRyce even sadder. And I don't want that. :(

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
I know you must be hurting right now. It's times like these where I find myself the most incompetent because I'm just at such a lost of words. But I just want to let you know I'm here for you and I've shared your pain before. It may seem like the end of the world right now but the sun will rise in the east again and with it bring Demarcus Cousins. I know the lost of Galloway is hard on you Kibner, I've experienced it myself so no one will blame you for taking today for mourning but I promise you tomorrow will be better, hang in there buddy

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Kibner posted:

But, that would make WhyteRyce even sadder. And I don't want that. :(

IMO maybe WhyteRyce should ditch those losers and follow Boogie to NOLA

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Man I always wanna be a fly on the wall for these deals. Did no one have a better offer? There's probably at least two teams that could and should have made better offers than that, especially in terms of picks. Are the Kings really that into Hield and Evans? Did they just want to pull the trigger? Did they secretly buy Boogie a one-way ticket and not want to pay his return airfare?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

I know you must be hurting right now. It's times like these where I find myself the most incompetent because I'm just at such a lost of words. But I just want to let you know I'm here for you and I've shared your pain before. It may seem like the end of the world right now but the sun will rise in the east again and with it bring Demarcus Cousins. I know the lost of Galloway is hard on you Kibner, I've experienced it myself so no one will blame you for taking today for mourning but I promise you tomorrow will be better, hang in there buddy

:glomp: I'll hold strong. I still won't believe it until Thursday night. That is when it will hit me hardest, I think.

Chairchucker posted:

IMO maybe WhyteRyce should ditch those losers and follow Boogie to NOLA

If he does, I've got an extra ticket to every game that goes unused more often than not.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The thing that makes this even better is that Vivek felt the last straw was Boogie trashing the Warriors after their overtime win :allears:

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
Holy poo poo they actually traded Cousins? loving stupid.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
stats.nba.com has a new feature: http://stats.nba.com/impact/

It is basically a bunch of on/off stats through any combination of lineups for any two teams. I don't have an idea of what to use it for, currently, but it's neat!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Every time the CBA overreacts to a super team like the Heat or Warriors, the rest of the NBA pay dearly.

The owners overreacting to Durant leaving basically decided Vivek in trading away Cousins because of the new super max rule.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Tae posted:

Every time the CBA overreacts to a super team like the Heat or Warriors, the rest of the NBA pay dearly.

The owners overreacting to Durant leaving basically decided Vivek in trading away Cousins because of the new super max rule.

Or it resulted in a team that could eventually trash the Warriors

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

aBagorn posted:

Tanking isn't as effective when you owe people picks (or swaps) though

Well this is a long term tank if I've ever seen one.

cravius posted:

Or it resulted in a team that could eventually trash the Warriors

Let's not get ahead of ourselves yet.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 20, 2017

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

euphronius posted:

Maybe colangelo holding out of trading okafor to Nola means he indirectly made his Sacramento picks super valuable.

On the one hand, Kings trading Boogie for dog poo poo is best case scenario for that 2019 pick. On the other hand, I don't think there are any more suitors for Jah :'(

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

paternity suitor posted:

On the one hand, Kings trading Boogie for dog poo poo is best case scenario for that 2019 pick. On the other hand, I don't think there are any more suitors for Jah :'(

Don't worry the Bulls are still around and dumb enough to trade for him.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

I dont know if I can truly fathom how bad the Kings are going to be from here on out. I mean, looking ahead, they've got Brooklyn, Phoenix twice, Minnesota twice, Orlando and the Lakers. I can't see any other potential W's in that schedule.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

paternity suitor posted:

I dont know if I can truly fathom how bad the Kings are going to be from here on out. I mean, looking ahead, they've got Brooklyn, Phoenix twice, Minnesota twice, Orlando and the Lakers. I can't see any other potential W's in that schedule.

They won't even win all of those. If the o/u for remaining wins is 5 I might be tempted to play the under

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Has Okafor been that bad?

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

aBagorn posted:

They won't even win all of those. If the o/u for remaining wins is 5 I might be tempted to play the under

Yeah, those are just the games where I'd say they even have a chance. 5.5 wins over/under sounds like a fair number.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Tae posted:

The DPE seems to have contributed for sure, but it's also hard to know if the Kings were finished with Cousins regardless.

The point about the CBA overreacting to Durant and solving it in the bluntest, stupidest way possible is one that needs to be echoed though. The consequence of this summer's FA was "make it financially irrational for all-NBA players to leave the team that drafted them" instead of, "write a clause that apportions sudden cap increases more evenly across NBA players instead of those who randomly happen to be UFAs when the the new tv deal is signed".

but hey they solved superteams by giving organizations who draft good players an unearned advantage. i guess.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
My ticket rep is trolling, y'all.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Tae posted:

Sports owners have no feel for the wheel of time and that everything old will be new again. We had a historically good offense in the NFL this year not long after teams were supposed to be beefing up on defense and MLB offense is reaching historic highs just a couple years after they considered changing the strike zone to boost offense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Has Okafor been that bad?

He's one of the worst defenders I've ever seen, and he can't rebound. He's like bottom 10 in rebounding efficiency, at any position. I'll fully admit that I'm probably excessively down in him because he's still really young, so theoretically the can get better, but I just hate his game and he doesn't fit on the Sixers at all.

• Locked thread