Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bandai had the Pacific Rim 2 license. Chogokin and model kits specifically mentioned

https://www.facebook.com/BluefinBrands/videos/1289819464438165/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Guy Goodbody posted:

Bandai had the Pacific Rim 2 license. Chogokin and model kits specifically mentioned

https://www.facebook.com/BluefinBrands/videos/1289819464438165/

As long as NECA doesn't get it i'm happy. Seriously though, i'm looking forward to seeing the models and Chogokins.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i like how despite being 1/100 compared to all my other 1/144s, this Grimgerde still has the smallest feet of the lot

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

i like how despite being 1/100 compared to all my other 1/144s, this Grimgerde still has the smallest feet of the lot

I kind of want to get another Grimgerde to kitbash into Daniel Fortesque, specifically because of the tiny pizza feet.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oh man. Wonfes is a killer this year.

https://twitter.com/yanase_t/status/833122868351361030

Why do you have to be koto :negative:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Oh man. Wonfes is a killer this year.

https://twitter.com/yanase_t/status/833122868351361030

Why do you have to be koto :negative:

Better come with the mother of all effect parts to make the big sword!

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Wanna pat that getter 3 on the head.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Apparently PSO2 had mechs, which look really loving good.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lemon-Lime posted:

Apparently PSO2 had mechs, which look really loving good.

Do you have a link to where that came from? What other stuff is Kotobukiya showing off?

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I've seen pictures of 2 ZOIDS kits, a Stormsworder and a Sturm Tyrann, but I can't verify their authenticity.

E:

Also apparently a red & gold armour system for the Liger Zero but I can't find pics.

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Feb 19, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Do you have a link to where that came from? What other stuff is Kotobukiya showing off?

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-57360.html

Seems to be everything mecha that Koto is showing off, at least that I can find. If you're browsing the rest of the site, just be aware some of it is NSFW.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Feb 19, 2017

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Every day i'm thankful kotobukiya hasn't released a Gojulas price spider or crab bot. I cannot afford to become a model whale (although if I did I'd have a giant cannon mounted to my back and the ability to swallow smaller zoids)

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Huh, Barnes and Noble is starting to carry Bandai Star Wars kits, I thought Disney cracked down on Bandai in the US?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TARDISman posted:

Huh, Barnes and Noble is starting to carry Bandai Star Wars kits, I thought Disney cracked down on Bandai in the US?

Bluefin got a legit import and distribution license for them.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Bluefin got a legit import and distribution license for them.

I'm sure someone at Disney finally got the memo regarding shitloads more money for everyone via making them freely available in NA.

Everyone except Revell, I suppose.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well, I mean, I think we can all agree gently caress Revell

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Pretty much, but at least they're not Airfix.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Bimmi posted:

I'm sure someone at Disney finally got the memo regarding shitloads more money for everyone via making them freely available in NA.

Everyone except Revell, I suppose.

If Disney made some gunpla based AT walkers I'm pretty sure they would never be in stock.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Yeah I saw some of those. I'm not a Star Wars person but I'm honestly wondering if I should consider trying one out.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gyra_Solune posted:

Yeah I saw some of those. I'm not a Star Wars person but I'm honestly wondering if I should consider trying one out.

I really want to try building a first order stormtrooper

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

I really want to try building a first order stormtrooper

From what I've seen of their DC human kits they're still a bit rough (although the stormtrooper is inhuman enough for them to do a good job). They can't really get away with having a humans' shin explode into three pieces when bending.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

I can confirm that the First Order Stormtrooper is a perfectly competent HG style kit. Fun build, I actually think it ends up looking great. The space ships obviously don't have articulation, but the level of detail is excellent and the builds go super smoothly.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?

Neurolimal posted:

Every day i'm thankful kotobukiya hasn't released a Gojulas price spider or crab bot. I cannot afford to become a model whale (although if I did I'd have a giant cannon mounted to my back and the ability to swallow smaller zoids)

Death stinger is a scorpion, which is sorta like a spider crab.

Also that storm tyrun looks awesome, I've got the original custom parks for the old berserk fury and its sick.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Puddin posted:

If Disney made some gunpla based AT walkers I'm pretty sure they would never be in stock.

Wish granted. Bandai has a 1/48 AT-ST already out, and a 1/144 AT-AT out in March.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Kickass looking 3rd party Altron EW model. http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2017/02/super-nova-mg-1100-gundam-nataku-ew-ver.html

Anyone heard of the company?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

EVGA Longoria posted:

Kickass looking 3rd party Altron EW model. http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2017/02/super-nova-mg-1100-gundam-nataku-ew-ver.html

Anyone heard of the company?

I think they are newcomers. Definitely enjoying the new Wing kits showing up as of late though.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I hosed up bad and could use some advice.

In my infinite wisdom, I mixed up the parts for left wrist and right wrist of the Plamax Cherno Alpha.

Here's the manual page, showing how the right and left wrist's peg arrangement should look: http://imgur.com/N7RPq1h

Here's how I did it, because I'm a stupid moron who just assembled the wrists without checking the manual, hopefully serving as an example for future builders: http://imgur.com/Bdb9YKJ

tl;dr the wrist parts are specific to right and left side, and I transposed them.

The way I see it, I have two ways to fix this:

1) Measure out the diameter of the pegs that hold the wrist parts on, then drill holes to match in the wrist base
2) Sand the topcoat/paint/putty down to bare plastic, then use extra thin cement in hopes of weakening the bond to pull the parts apart and re-do them correctly

2 seems like the best option. If there's any other guidance that can be had, I'd greatly appreciate it. Stripping the paint is a non-starter, not after all it took to get the arms formed around the arm joint. A piece of advice for anyone doing a painted build: cement and finish the arm parts, THEN paint the joint parts, not the other way around. D:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

TaurusOxford posted:

I think they are newcomers. Definitely enjoying the new Wing kits showing up as of late though.

hopefully there gets to be a revival of G, X, and Turn A stuff, a lot of secondary designs from that show that really haven't been seen since they originally aired

so many truly out there Gundam Fighters, I'd adore seeing them rendered outside of the old MSIAs

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gyra_Solune posted:

so many truly out there Gundam Fighters, I'd adore seeing them rendered outside of the old MSIAs

gently caress, I'd love to have kits of the original Shuffle Alliance's Gundams.

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

MJP posted:

1) Measure out the diameter of the pegs that hold the wrist parts on, then drill holes to match in the wrist base
2) Sand the topcoat/paint/putty down to bare plastic, then use extra thin cement in hopes of weakening the bond to pull the parts apart and re-do them correctly

2 seems like the best option. If there's any other guidance that can be had, I'd greatly appreciate it. Stripping the paint is a non-starter, not after all it took to get the arms formed around the arm joint. A piece of advice for anyone doing a painted build: cement and finish the arm parts, THEN paint the joint parts, not the other way around. D:

Dang, that's a tough one. Personally I'd go straight to prying it apart, wedging a couple knife blades here simultaneously:

then alternatingly wiggling them down, working your way toward the outside shell. Should split apart cleanly, cemented welds are pretty weak compared to surrounding plastic, unless you cemented the pegs too in which case I don't think it's ever coming apart and you'll have to go to plan 1. I'd only put more cement on as a last resort, it'll just result in a gloopy, un-wedgeable mess, before that I'd scribe a line along where the seam was to create a weak point for the plastic to split.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Xy Hapu posted:

Dang, that's a tough one. Personally I'd go straight to prying it apart, wedging a couple knife blades here simultaneously:

then alternatingly wiggling them down, working your way toward the outside shell. Should split apart cleanly, cemented welds are pretty weak compared to surrounding plastic, unless you cemented the pegs too in which case I don't think it's ever coming apart and you'll have to go to plan 1. I'd only put more cement on as a last resort, it'll just result in a gloopy, un-wedgeable mess, before that I'd scribe a line along where the seam was to create a weak point for the plastic to split.

I ended up using lacquer thinner Q-tips to get at the seam, and after trying to weaken it with cement and failing, just razor-sawing it apart. This was successful for both wrists. I had to use gap-filling superglue to give a good base for putty but I think the good guys are gonna win in the end here.

Meanwhile, the MG Providence seems to be on a ZAFT stand - https://twitter.com/amiamihobbynews/status/833592722275463168

Anyone know if it's going to be marketed separately or am I gonna have to buy the special edition to get the stand and sell the Providence if I'm meh about the kit itself?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

MJP posted:

The way I see it, I have two ways to fix this:

Well, your last-resort is probably:

3) Install the fists backwards, give it a custom paint-scheme (and possibly an anime girl decal on the reactor tower), call it Cherno Beta and blame the whole mess on shoddy Russian construction practices. Then pick up a second one so you can pose them together and let Cherno Alpha actually win a fight with something.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MJP posted:

Meanwhile, the MG Providence seems to be on a ZAFT stand - https://twitter.com/amiamihobbynews/status/833592722275463168

Anyone know if it's going to be marketed separately or am I gonna have to buy the special edition to get the stand and sell the Providence if I'm meh about the kit itself?
They won't sell it separately if it's a premium pack in.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Neurolimal posted:

I assume you already have the Death Stinger, then?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Kibner posted:

I assume you already have the Death Stinger, then?

It's cool, but I'm not as into scorpions as I am spiders and crabs.

Alternatively, if they created a milipede zoid that is expandable with copies of the kit, so I can attach a giant robot milipede around a room.

(Actually thinking about that, it would be a cool kit in that they could sell a cheap 30-50 dollar kit with just the front and back end pieces alongside a 20-30 'extension set')

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Neurolimal posted:

Alternatively, if they created a milipede zoid that is expandable with copies of the kit, so I can attach a giant robot milipede around a room.

(Actually thinking about that, it would be a cool kit in that they could sell a cheap 30-50 dollar kit with just the front and back end pieces alongside a 20-30 'extension set')

Sorta like a centipede, they make these two kits:
http://dalong.net/review/kotobukiya/z08/z08_p.htm
http://dalong.net/review/kotobukiya/z12/z12_p.htm

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Neurolimal posted:

They should do that to shame Bandai into selling Altron and Acguy arm extension sets. And then a Getter 3 one too. Gimme the big Mr. Tickle arm robos.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Mentioned in the IBO thread, but Galelio is now 5 for 5 on suits I really like:
http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2017/02/hg-1144-kimaris-vidar-gundam-tentative.html

I really like this one, probably needs a bunch of paint on the HG though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Midjack posted:

They won't sell it separately if it's a premium pack in.

I figured as much, but what I really wanna do is make sure the stand does indeed come with the premium pack-in.

As to Cherno, the wrist surgery was a success. Technical details of how I went about it were basically "gap-fill superglue, cure, sand, prime, sand again, prime again, sand AGAIN, prime again, etc." but it got to an acceptable place so long as you don't go up to the back of the lower elbow joints with a magnifying glass.

Photos and write-ups: http://imgur.com/a/n7bQr

PoptartsNinja posted:

let Cherno Alpha actually win a fight with something.

Someone made noise that now that Bandai's making the kits for Pacific Rim 2 the license now belongs to them, and Plamax will probably never again do a run of these kits, so here's hoping that if correct, we get the prequel Cherno Alpha actually doing good and cool things :smith:

maybe they won't have 2003 nograde-era engineering