Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
So when g-daddy being 1 of the black mythics already spoiled that only leaves 1 more for black if mm2015 is any indication. If its not lily than things are going to be silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Oh, something I missed in the preview, fat packs now have 10 boosters! Don't know if the price changes.
They've had 10 since Kaladesh.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Sickening posted:

Die evil scum

In all seriousness though, the white borders on cards do one thing every well, it makes cards look less damaged over time. So many old cards look like garbage due to black borders and play wear.

White borders own, I play only 8th edition white boards at FNM or local LGS events and it seems to tilt everyone.

8th edition island best island

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Honestly if you're playing Nicol Bolas EDH and don't have an entire landbase of Full Art Bolas Lands I dunno what to tell you :colbert:

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

80s James Hetfield posted:

White borders own, I play only 8th edition white boards at FNM or local LGS events and it seems to tilt everyone.

No, no, no, no

Old card face white border lands are the best

sit on my Facebook fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Feb 20, 2017

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

sit on my Facebook posted:

No, no, no, no

Old card face white border lands are the best

Grab your weapon of choice because we're going to fight

It's so cool to reprint Stoic Angel in MM2017 considering nobody plays Stoic Angel in Modern.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Want to know the reprints? Travis Woo has you covered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr5D4kKrn0Q

Griselbrand
Lili of the veil
Cavern of Souls
Grafdiggers cage
Omniscience
Engineered explosives
Chalice if the void
Blood Moon
Voice of resurgence
Craterhoof behemoth
Karn, Liberated
Batterskull
Spells kite
Surgical Extraction
Inkmoth Nexus*
Mox opal
Scapeshift
Valakut, the more pinnacle
Crucible of worlds
Grove of the burn willows
Horizon canopy
Damnation
Ancestral vision
Infernal tutor
Group's vengeance
Through the breach
Auriok champion
Oblivion stone
Ensnaring bridge

(no way that is a legit list)

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Better

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Grab your weapon of choice because we're going to fight

It's so cool to reprint Stoic Angel in MM2017 considering nobody plays Stoic Angel in Modern.

My weapon of choice is my superior skill of aesthetic appraisal

and a big knife

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

pr0digal posted:

Full art lands are always cool...except when they "appear in approximately one out of every four boosters" :smith:
That screams to me that a discussion happened in a room somewhere that went like this
"How can we get people to crack more packs?" "Well market research has shown players like full art lands"
":monocle:"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sickening posted:

So when g-daddy being 1 of the black mythics already spoiled that only leaves 1 more for black if mm2015 is any indication. If its not lily than things are going to be silly.

I thought Lili was all but confirmed, or at least was heavily implied in the MM17 announcement.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Sickening posted:

Want to know the reprints? Travis Woo has you covered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr5D4kKrn0Q

Griselbrand
Lili of the veil
Cavern of Souls
Grafdiggers cage
Omniscience
Engineered explosives
Chalice if the void
Blood Moon
Voice of resurgence
Craterhoof behemoth
Karn, Liberated
Batterskull
Spells kite
Surgical Extraction
Inkmoth Nexus*
Mox opal
Scapeshift
Valakut, the more pinnacle
Crucible of worlds
Grove of the burn willows
Horizon canopy
Damnation
Ancestral vision
Infernal tutor
Group's vengeance
Through the breach
Auriok champion
Oblivion stone
Ensnaring bridge

(no way that is a legit list)

Blood Moon and Chalice and Ensnaring Bridge? Lol no.

Plus, it says Damnation, which we all know can't happen, and it says Infernal Tutor and I posted a few days ago that I need one, so that cant be happening either.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Some people are saying that some screwup lead to the precon Liliana's + ability getting partially revealed somehow, and that it puts a -1/-1 counter on a creature, suggesting that the set will have those instead of +1/+1s. Interesting implications for Constrictor decks.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

BizarroAzrael posted:

Some people are saying that some screwup lead to the precon Liliana's + ability getting partially revealed somehow, and that it puts a -1/-1 counter on a creature, suggesting that the set will have those instead of +1/+1s. Interesting implications for Constrictor decks.

Liliana, Deaths's Mannipulator 5BB
+2 Put a -1/-1 counter in up to one creature.

Gideon, Martial Paragon 4W (or 1W, but 4w matches Liliana)
+2 Untap all creatures you control, that creatures recive +1/+1 until end of turn.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

I would think these are the beginner planeswalkers that are suppose to be bad.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Avacyn confirmed for Amonkhet????

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Elyv posted:

Avacyn confirmed for Amonkhet????

Hey that's a good catch. Wizard's doesn't tend to make visual references this obvious without it being tied in somehow.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

guys i just moved to an island and have been living here for a month and in that time I have not found myself able to draw more cards, counter more spells or fly

this is worrying, what else are they lying to us about

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Sickening posted:

I would think these are the beginner planeswalkers that are suppose to be bad.

Yeah but it's the first mention of -1/-1 counters since I think New Phyrexia, and they make a point of not having both types in a given set. It seems to indicate that there will be other, potentially good, cards with them.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i can't believe phyrexia is invading amonkhet

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

guys i just moved to an island and have been living here for a month and in that time I have not found myself able to draw more cards, counter more spells or fly

I did that all the time back on Oahu. You sure you're actually on an island??

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Egyptian set is probably going to be nothing like we expect. Remember during pre-Kaladesh we should it would be Steampunk India and it turned out to be Dwarves and other creatures driving cars and skyboats

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Egyptian set is probably going to be nothing like we expect. Remember during pre-Kaladesh we should it would be Steampunk India and it turned out to be Dwarves and other creatures driving cars and skyboats

This is why I'm going to laugh at all of their faces when I am proven to be right and it'll be Stargate with :rice: chariot racing and a YGO child of destiny storyline.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

I am hoping that sets are going to continue to trend upwards. Revolt is a pretty solid set despite removal still being a little light. As long has WOTC makes uncommons as good as they are in revolt and makes the changes they promised they would things might be on the fast climb.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
It's been way too long since we had -1/-1 counters

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
-1/-1 counters would also mean BG would take a big tumble as Winding Constrictor would also double those an opponent gives to your creatures

e: f,b

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Liliana, Deaths's Mannipulator 5BB
+2 Put a -1/-1 counter in up to one creature.

Gideon, Martial Paragon 4W (or 1W, but 4w matches Liliana)
+2 Untap all creatures you control, that creatures recive +1/+1 until end of turn.

where is this from

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Edit: no I lied.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Elyv posted:

where is this from

the front of the cards

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
Were the typos there, too?

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

TheMaestroso posted:

Were the typos there, too?

It was translated from Portuguese I believe they said so that's probably why.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Chill la Chill posted:

I did that all the time back on Oahu. You sure you're actually on an island??

well
when we first moved here I blew my wife's mind by explaining that an island is kind of the peak of an underwater mountain
she genuinely believed that all islands worked like coral atolls or even floated

wait a second... does this mean i can shoot fire??? i will try hastily rummaging around later and let you know how it goes

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Oh, something I missed in the preview, fat packs now have 10 boosters! Don't know if the price changes.

If those are gods, as opposed to giants or avatars or something (although gods were mentioned in the blurb introducing the plane) I'm hoping they are typed as "crocodile god", "bird god" and so on.

Card name: "Bird God" Creature type: "Bird God" Oracle text: "Bird God" Power and Toughness: "Bird/God"

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Huh, blue must have gotten nerfed. Sorry mate.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Dehtraen posted:

That screams to me that a discussion happened in a room somewhere that went like this
"How can we get people to crack more packs?" "Well market research has shown players like full art lands"
":monocle:"
They added a fourth card to Standard Showdown prize packs. You'll never guess what it is.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

she genuinely believed that all islands worked like coral atolls or even floated

We have lawmakers that think the same thing.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Snacksmaniac posted:

We have lawmakers that think the same thing.

Hahaha, was it like Fiji or something where the Senator was like "There is a concern if we move too many troops to a single side the island will flip"

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Why are they reprinting DOMRI RADE in MM2017, let alone making it one of the booster pack arts? :psyduck:

Edit: Why are we getting another god damned Nissa when she was just printed last block?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

torsoboy posted:

It's Stoic Angel, not Elspeth.

Elspeth wears Bant clothes; not the other way around.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

mcmagic posted:

I was hoping for the return of white bordered lands. :(

I don't agree with what you say, but I will defend to your death my right to kill you for saying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

I wonder if WotC realizes that you can use those full art basic lands in formats other than standard.

• Locked thread