Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Serf
May 5, 2011

triple sulk posted:

missing rebuild of evangelion and ed balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Nichael posted:

I've seen this before. Is there context for this clip? Should I know it or is it better to preserve the :iiam:?

It's a man in a mask dropkicking a midget in a monkey outfit into another dude. How much context do you loving need?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news bresking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Agrajag posted:

yes but did you hear about joementum's totally not russian bots argument on why its ridiculous for putin to do this?

it's so weird how the guy who was completely wrong throughout 2015 and 2016 is also wrong in 2017

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

edit: weird how russian news sites get such high priority in my google results, huh

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Imagine being alone in a room with Donny..

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

infowars article hmmmmm

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I bought Fallout 4 but hated the idea of loving around with building a settlement out of all kinds of trash

I should give it another try I suppose

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Phi230 posted:

Why is anime retarded

anime actually owns hard

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

triple sulk posted:

the objective worst part of ff9 is the battle sequence taking 15 seconds to start and they didn't bother to really fix it on the pc remaster

iirc there is at least a fast forward button in the pc remaster, and the random encounter rate was basically cratered

i presume it would've been actual effort to go back and do it right, and we all know square's basically allergic to effort in tyool 2017

Nichael posted:

I really wish aspects of Fallout 4 were rescued and re-done by a more competent set of story writers. I liked Far Harbor, Nick Valentine, the Railroad, and Diamond City a lot. It's just pretty much all of the cool things about them felt really unfinished. Diamond City, for example, gets one special animation of Piper fighting about her free press credentials, and then that's never brought up again. I wanted more like that.
yeah whoever wrote piper REALLY wanted the player to notice/pay attention to her, her mocap while she's arguing with the guards and mayor in your first visit to diamond city is bascially 4 levels above anything else the game ever does

the largest problem with FO4 though was just that the game took a serious grimdark turn in the 3rd act where people apparently felt the need to make every faction similarly gigantic dickheads. there's no such thing as a happy ending in FO4, which above all things i think is what seriously pisses people off about the writing. you are doing your level best and honestly making things better across the commonwealth for the first two acts of the game, then there's the big faction-choosing choice that kicks off the third act and everything goes bad no matter what you do

i think it would've been a lot better received if it had just been clear from the start that this was going to be a real ballkicker of a game. they even had the ideal person to do that with in Nick Valentine. having him go off on a big rant about how life in the commonwealth blows and it's impossible to work with people on a large scale because xyz would've seemed totally in-character because he's a goddamn noir detective and he's been around a long time due to being a synth.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I legit already tweeted to him about it, fund my loving trip to Sweden you little bitch

change my name fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 20, 2017

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

i can't wait to larp fallout

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

triple sulk posted:

ffxv is a very solid game if you like cool bros doing a road trip. it's short as hell (especially considering i just played berseria which has a 45-50 hour story without the sidequests) but the ending is a good payoff.

anal fantasy LXIX

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
drat I'm pretty scared of Sweden now guys:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

skaboomizzy posted:

I bought Fallout 4 but hated the idea of loving around with building a settlement out of all kinds of trash

i downloaded mods that added a bunch of poo poo. in my save its cheaper to build out of junk, but you can also build actual unfucked buildings too

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Have we determined if Trump is good or bad yet?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Nichael posted:

1) Paprika
2) Cowboy Bebop
3) FLCL
4) Ghost in the Shell
5) Dota 2
6) Avatar
7) Donald Trump

Gundam zeta is okay iguess

Serf
May 5, 2011

eonwe posted:

i downloaded mods that added a bunch of poo poo. in my save its cheaper to build out of junk, but you can also build actual unfucked buildings too

oh man i gotta play again with this mod. sounds legit

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
posting on page 123

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Serf posted:

i'm a big huge idiot, but i also liked the settlement building and crafting systems because i just enjoy those in games. building a stupid gun or making a dumb house was always pretty fun for me. shame the rest of the game didn't feed into those systems better

I liked the idea of the settlement building, but it was so loving pointless. Like you said, it should've tied into the rest of the game. So much of it had zero effect on anything, and while I like building a post-apocalyptic society, I'd like it much more if it actually did anything or changed anything. If I had to fix FO4, I'd say much fewer settlements (like five to ten), and each one has unique quests, characters, dialogue, and the ability to impact the world around it. Maybe Diamond City takes notice of the huge town being built near it, and that's taking trade routes away from it? Anything except the bland system that was put into the game.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Coolguye posted:

iirc there is at least a fast forward button in the pc remaster, and the random encounter rate was basically cratered

i presume it would've been actual effort to go back and do it right, and we all know square's basically allergic to effort in tyool 2017

yeah whoever wrote piper REALLY wanted the player to notice/pay attention to her, her mocap while she's arguing with the guards and mayor in your first visit to diamond city is bascially 4 levels above anything else the game ever does

the largest problem with FO4 though was just that the game took a serious grimdark turn in the 3rd act where people apparently felt the need to make every faction similarly gigantic dickheads. there's no such thing as a happy ending in FO4, which above all things i think is what seriously pisses people off about the writing. you are doing your level best and honestly making things better across the commonwealth for the first two acts of the game, then there's the big faction-choosing choice that kicks off the third act and everything goes bad no matter what you do

i think it would've been a lot better received if it had just been clear from the start that this was going to be a real ballkicker of a game. they even had the ideal person to do that with in Nick Valentine. having him go off on a big rant about how life in the commonwealth blows and it's impossible to work with people on a large scale because xyz would've seemed totally in-character because he's a goddamn noir detective and he's been around a long time due to being a synth.

did they ever fix the game breaking bug that prevented progress because of some bugged out area?

i stopped playing because of reports of people getting the game breaking bug and i didnt want to wander into the area to have all my progress lost

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker
https://twitter.com/EricHolthaus/status/833706985417699328

We're all just innocent bystanders in Thor's direct hit on the MC Hammer mansion

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Bip Roberts posted:

Gundam zeta is okay iguess

at that point you might as well include turn a

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Serf posted:

yo nobody mentioned banjo kazooie

banjo kazooie is my poo poo

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

posting on page 123

that's not a page

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

eonwe posted:

I didn't want to bother with the whole building aspect, I just wanted to talk to wacky NPCs and shoot mutants

I also liked 3 better than New Vegas, so maybe I'm not to be trusted

Serf
May 5, 2011

why does the list of approved anime not include dbz, aka the best anime ever

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

whoa there this is looking a bit rough

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

skaboomizzy posted:

there's a dlc out now (i forget which one it's called) but you can take a side quest to rebuild a vault in roughly the center-south of the map. once you do that, you can use the vault stuff in your settlements. it has a generally prefab sort of look but it's clean and looks like it would actually still be there if the wind blew hard so it was enough to get me interested in building again.

that said, the thing you get the most out of with regard to settlement building is easy access to merchants and the caps they generate, so if you want to just throw beds into whatever's nearby and available and turn every place into a trading post that's what's mechanically optimal. it requires almost no thought on your part.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

lol

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

nobody tell this guy half the immigrants in malmo are from other european countries

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Serf posted:

why does the list of approved anime not include dbz, aka the best anime ever

watch dragon ball super

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

god I hate the suburbs

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Squizzle posted:

breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news bresking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news breaking news

Found it

I'm assuming this is one of those Facebook style posts about 90% of people can't find the error!!

Serf
May 5, 2011

Nichael posted:

I liked the idea of the settlement building, but it was so loving pointless. Like you said, it should've tied into the rest of the game. So much of it had zero effect on anything, and while I like building a post-apocalyptic society, I'd like it much more if it actually did anything or changed anything. If I had to fix FO4, I'd say much fewer settlements (like five to ten), and each one has unique quests, characters, dialogue, and the ability to impact the world around it. Maybe Diamond City takes notice of the huge town being built near it, and that's taking trade routes away from it? Anything except the bland system that was put into the game.

pretty much my thoughts on it exactly

but i loved building pointless buildings there the same way i love occasionally firing up minecraft and building a house: it's just a nice mindless way to relax and make something to blow off steam while listening to a podcast or whatever

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Nichael posted:

how so?

I really wish aspects of Fallout 4 were rescued and re-done by a more competent set of story writers. I liked Far Harbor, Nick Valentine, the Railroad, and Diamond City a lot. It's just pretty much all of the cool things about them felt really unfinished. Diamond City, for example, gets one special animation of Piper fighting about her free press credentials, and then that's never brought up again. I wanted more like that.

they are just talking about how incredibly stupid and bizarre the trump administration is, how it reflects a complete breakdown of american political norms, the terrifying reality of witnessing history in the making and having no idea what the gently caress is going to happen. and how we could all see this coming and vehemently refused to even acknowledge the possibility because it was simply too strange and confusing. i dunno it pretty much mirrors how i feel, everything just keeps getting worse and worse and you can spend every second of your day cataloging every aspect of the immense poo poo tornado forming in front of you but ultimately there is nothing you can do to avoid it or stop it.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Alls I remember was I named my character WHORE so every time someone talked to me they said WHORE which was pretty badass as a 9 year old lmao

Must have been weird when your mom yelled "WHAT???" all the time while ur trying to play

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

change my name posted:

god I hate the suburbs

It was better than neon bible imo

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Agrajag posted:

did they ever fix the game breaking bug that prevented progress because of some bugged out area?

i stopped playing because of reports of people getting the game breaking bug and i didnt want to wander into the area to have all my progress lost

not familiar with exactly which bug you're talking about but i haven't heard of any major issues in FO4 for quite a long time at this point.

Serf posted:

pretty much my thoughts on it exactly

but i loved building pointless buildings there the same way i love occasionally firing up minecraft and building a house: it's just a nice mindless way to relax and make something to blow off steam while listening to a podcast or whatever

it's not quite right to say it was pointless tho, adhesive was a big impediment and settlements remained the best way to handle that problem, and outright increasing the number of traders in the game is a gigantic boost when in the base game the only two traders that are worth a drat are the diamond city and BoS merchants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I'LL PAY FOR YOUR TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATIONS WHOS THE IDIOT NOWHAVE A GREAT TIM,E!!

• Locked thread