Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

BEN GORDON IS BACK

For the mavs d-league b ecause the windy city bulls passed on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

paternity suitor posted:

He's one of the worst defenders I've ever seen, and he can't rebound. He's like bottom 10 in rebounding efficiency, at any position. I'll fully admit that I'm probably excessively down in him because he's still really young, so theoretically the can get better, but I just hate his game and he doesn't fit on the Sixers at all.

I agree that he doesn't fit well on the 76ers, but if you look at players around his age, he compares very favorably on offense. Usually bigs like him get better at D in their 3rd or 4th year. As a risk, he's absolutely worth a first in the ~10-20 range. If Philly is honest about that return they can probably find a partner.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Away all Goats posted:

They sold low specifically cause they wanted Buddy. Nothing else was considered despite better offers from other teams.

Hahaha Vivek watched him at the rising stars game and just had to have him Doc Rivers style. Did he have a good game against the Kings this year too or something?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

What the gently caress is the point of having a d league team if you don't sign ben gordon and nate robinson like I did in nba 2k9

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Vivek was literally the only owner who attended Buddy's pro day

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 20, 2017

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017

DeimosRising posted:

Hahaha Vivek watched him at the rising stars game and just had to have him Doc Rivers style. Did he have a good game against the Kings this year too or something?

he hit cousins in the dick

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Are OKC fans finally free of being meme'd about the Harden trade?

Kings are a nice franchise to help them out with that.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Lol no

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

ribtstu posted:

he hit cousins in the dick

Oh yeah right. Mystery solved

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Kings are a nice franchise to help them out with that.

Never. That was a dynasty handed on a silver platter, squandered for a bottom line

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://twitter.com/world_wide_wob/status/833730226957881344

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Rockets in the mix for Wilson Chandler

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

chunkles posted:

Rockets in the mix for Wilson Chandler

Stay away 😠😠😠

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Metapod posted:

Stay away 😠😠😠

I don't think Wilson Chandler is actually good. I mean, he's better than what Sabonis is currently doing as a 20 year old rookie, but like, why

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
So the Kings obviously have no chance of catching Brooklyn, but they are currently 6 games ahead of Phoenix, who has the second worst record in the league. And they are 5.5 games better than the Lakers. Anyone think those teams won't end the season with a better record than the Kings?

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

Jota posted:

So the Kings obviously have no chance of catching Brooklyn, but they are currently 6 games ahead of Phoenix, who has the second worst record in the league. And they are 5.5 games better than the Lakers. Anyone think those teams won't end the season with a better record than the Kings?

It's pick swapped with Philly anyway, so they're out of the top 3 regardless.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I feel like the Raps could have a put a package together featuring JV that would be better than what the Kings got. Dadgummit.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I feel like the Raps could have a put a package together featuring JV that would be better than what the Kings got. Dadgummit.

JV is super low upside and a known quantity and they have no picks that could even approach the teens/lottery. Norman Powell/Poeltl/Wright would probably all have to be included and that guts your depth.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

roundmidnight posted:

It's pick swapped with Philly anyway, so they're out of the top 3 regardless.

Yeah, I'm well aware.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

My boy WhyteRyce got robbed

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Jota posted:

So the Kings only have 25 games left. Say they go 5-20 (seems like a reasonable guess), that would mean PHX would need to go 11-14. I dunno if the Suns would do that, especially if they let some guys sit at the ends of the season. Lakers going 10-21 would put them above the Kings and that seems pretty doable.

This is assuming the Kings don't pull a 7th or 8th victory out of their butts. If they do, they'll stay in front of both those teams. This hurts the draft spots of the Timberwolves and Mavericks more than anyone.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Are they going to let Tyreke try to win games on his own or what?

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

EvanTH posted:

Are they going to let Tyreke try to win games on his own or what?

Nah, they should buy him out and let the Raptors pick him up for wing depth.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

paternity suitor posted:

He's one of the worst defenders I've ever seen, and he can't rebound. He's like bottom 10 in rebounding efficiency, at any position. I'll fully admit that I'm probably excessively down in him because he's still really young, so theoretically the can get better, but I just hate his game and he doesn't fit on the Sixers at all.

He protects the basket ok ish. Like average for centers last I saw. He has started moving more on defense the last month.

His inability to rebound well is utterly perplexing.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

I don't think Wilson Chandler is actually good. I mean, he's better than what Sabonis is currently doing as a 20 year old rookie, but like, why

I'm all for dumping Corey Brewer for a guy shooting a comparatively blistering 45/33

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

We didn't have Buddy Hield on the roster duder lol

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

Sabonis is a 4/5, Wilson Chandler is a 3 that can occasionally play the 4. The Thunder would be replacing Andre Roberson or Morrow as far as SF goes. He's a 2-way player that the Thunder heavily lack in.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

R.D. Mangles posted:

BEN GORDON IS BACK

For the mavs d-league b ecause the windy city bulls passed on him

He will always be my spirit animal. Keep on shooting, Ben. :unsmith:

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Tae posted:

Sabonis is a 4/5, Wilson Chandler is a 3 that can occasionally play the 4. The Thunder would be replacing Andre Roberson or Morrow as far as SF goes. He's a 2-way player that the Thunder heavily lack in.

Yeah, I'm kind of curious who Chandler will end up guarding by the end of that contract. I understand that OKC desperately needs wing scoring, but Chandler takes 47% of his shots within 10 feet of the basket, and he's a career 34 percent shooter from 3. While he provides a pretty clear upgrade over Roberson is every dimension of offense, he doesn't meaningfully address the Thunder's problems with shooting and spacing. I don't think he'll provide enough spacing to unlock the Russ-Adams spread p-r because he needs to be in the paint to score efficiently himself.

The flip side is that the Thunder currently have the 7th best defense and Roberson is a significant component of that according to all the usual metrics and my perception of the team. I'm not even sure which other players are really contributing to the defense on a consistent basis outside of Roberson and Adams (only Russ and Jerami Grant also have a positive DBPM). I think the benefits of adding another paint scorer who can't reliably hit a 3 would be outweighed by the loss of Roberson overall. Marginalizing or trading Morrow is no big deal because he's expiring and not in the team's plans, but I'm hesitant to toss Roberson and hope Adams can maintain the team's defense basically on his own.

If the Thunder make a move at the deadline, I expect it to be driven more by their use-it-or-lose-it 7.4 million dollars worth of cap space and Roberson's impending RFA as opposed to an actual belief that they can change their fortunes in the playoffs this season. Of course, I can't predict what Denver wants for Chandler--if it's Cameron Payne and Kyle Singler, than have it, but I suspect they want something better.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

roundmidnight posted:

JV is super low upside and a known quantity and they have no picks that could even approach the teens/lottery. Norman Powell/Poeltl/Wright would probably all have to be included and that guts your depth.

BEBE

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lessail posted:

We didn't have Buddy Hield on the roster duder lol

Sorry that not every roster has a player on a rookie contract with "Steph Curry potential".

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Zach Lowe went on a good rant about how dumb the Kings are. It's pretty good.

But he and Windyhorse also claim that teams weren't offering more for Boogie because of his personality issues, which I really don't buy at all.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
why would you ever admit you were too dumb to take a better offer two days before you made a deal

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Also doesn't this trade cost Boogie like $30 million?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

leftist heap posted:

Also doesn't this trade cost Boogie like $30 million?

29 Million dollars.

Also what are the odds that the Cavs add Langston Galloway?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

leftist heap posted:

Zach Lowe went on a good rant about how dumb the Kings are. It's pretty good.

But he and Windyhorse also claim that teams weren't offering more for Boogie because of his personality issues, which I really don't buy at all.

Idk lots of articles had have anonymous GMs saying they would avoid boogie like the plague, so it's believable to me.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Idk lots of articles had have anonymous GMs saying they would avoid boogie like the plague, so it's believable to me.

I can buy that, at the very least, teams were offering pennies on the dollar and telling the Kings that nobody wanted Boogie on their roster in order to drive down the price. Whether or not that's true...

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
wrong thread

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I'm glad that we all found some time for some obligatory bitching about the Bulls amid the biggest trade since Jimmy Harden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The general consensus is among the objective sports people is that while NBA GMs are dumb, 27 or so of them being dumb at the same time is not likely and the risk around Cousins is a very real thing that they're afraid of, despite the talent.

• Locked thread