Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

roundmidnight posted:

Sac fans, is there ANY sense of "relief" or anything? Like, yes, this is a truly terrible trade but finally, FINALLY, the Kings can attempt to move on and get out of the 9-11th seed morass.

The Kings gave away all their picks then decided to tank and got what will be a mid-first round pick and an old rookie for one of the most dominant forces in the NBA.

There's nothing to be had here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

Spoeank posted:

The Kings gave away all their picks then decided to tank and got what will be a mid-first round pick and an old rookie for one of the most dominant forces in the NBA.

There's nothing to be had here.

But hey, Sam Hinkie's looking for a job!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

roundmidnight posted:

Sac fans, is there ANY sense of "relief" or anything? Like, yes, this is a truly terrible trade but finally, FINALLY, the Kings can attempt to move on and get out of the 9-11th seed morass.

Oh there are plenty of people that wanted Cousins gone and are pleased, including the hacks in the Sacramento media. The AM radio is full of hot takes. But they think we'll actually be a better team now without him

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/BaxterHolmes/status/833754906129412096

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/833757134747688960

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
If Curry is Dollar Store Steve Nash, what the hell does that make Hield?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Penisaurus Sex posted:

If Curry is Dollar Store Steve Nash, what the hell does that make Hield?

Uh, Curry is far and away better than Nash.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh my god. Well I guess that explains it a little more.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ffs, i'm so sorry

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Vivek' obsession with the Warriors is unhealthy

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

roundmidnight posted:

I actually don't mind trading DeMarcus. If you have a superstar but can't build around him, it's ok to cut your loss to speed up the rebuild, poo poo happens. But they traded pennies on the dollar, and they had another season and a half of Cousins under contract. They could have done what the Timberwolves did and traded him this offseason for a bigger haul.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
RE: Nik Stauskas

https://twitter.com/SacramentoKings/status/482962728428924928

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
even Steph Curry for Boogie straight would have been a bad trade for the Kings

imagine Steph Curry playing on a team with no real offensive scheme no good screeners and nobody playing defense haha

now we get to see it with Buddy Hield

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

straight up brolic posted:

Vivek' obsession with the Warriors is unhealthy

It's so 100% a Tech thing. Remember that weekend where the CEO of Zynga showed up on an episode of Silicon Valley and also showed up courtside waving a baby bottle at LeBron James (who would go on to defeat the Warriors as they blew a 3-1 lead in the NBA finals despite having the league's first unanimous MVP)?

Tech loves GSW they're WINNERS

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oh my god

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

In one way I'm happy that Cousins is gone because Vivek and the FO have no excuses or cover now. Nothing can be done about Vivek but maybe enough people will stop treating Vlade as that kindly old grandpa we loved and have good memories of and instead see him now as that senile old dude who says a bunch of racist poo poo at the dinner table and pees himself

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Reminder that the Cousins was drafted in 2011; the Kings last made the playoffs in 2006.

Also funny because I heard a lot of the same things about Tyreke on his way out, except he actually sucked, and now he's back. Hield will get a lot of that poo poo thrown his way too if he continues his refusal to pass.

Even if you buy into the bad teammate stuff with DeMarcus we've seen guys like Rasheed, Stephen Jackson, etc. be important players on championship teams.

Extend it to every year post Cousins and you add Jimmer.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Also I don't want to go back and look for it but to the dude who got Kings stuff for valentine's day you should probably return it instead of just throwing it away

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dexo posted:

Uh, Curry is far and away better than Nash.

Steve shot the three ball as good if not better than Curry in a bunch of seasons and was much more complete inside the arc than Curry can ever dream of being. Curry isn't even the best player on his team right now.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
(sure, let's go with) Kings FINALLY get rid of Poisonous Baby Demarcus Cousins. Tremendously skilled , I don't think he'll ever be part of a true winning team in the NBA. Prove me wrong, Cuz, prove me wrong.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Grant Napear said he would have let Cousins go for nothing so he's totally an objective man on the subject

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I'm sick of waiting I want to see the new Pelicans play ballsketball

basketballsket

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Nik Stauskas, per 36:

12 ppg / 3.7 rpg / 3 apg, 40.5% fg / 37.6% 3pt / 55.0% TS, .04 WS/48 / -2.1 BPM / 0 VORP

Buddy Hield, per 36:

15.1 ppg / 5.1 rpg / 2.4 apg, 39.2% FG / 36.9% 3pt / 50.2% TS, .018 WS/48 / -3.8 BPM / -0.5 VORP

Nik Stauskas: Born October 7, 1993
Buddy Hield: Born December 17, 1993

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
dang cousins doesnt get a return game to the sleepy train arena this year

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

You know who should def has the best perspective on Cousins value? The old white reporters and commentators that he repeatedly triggered for not being a good boy

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAC/2011.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAC/2012.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAC/2013.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAC/2014.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAC/2015.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAC/2016.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAC/2017.html

I can't comprehend how bad these teams were around Cousins. Ignoring the fact that they only ever added Rudy Gay and Carl Landry as legitimate NBA starters, the only help Cousins ever got was from a midget PG that the ownership group chased away. I don't think Lebron could have dragged some of these teams.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WE ARE DOING
https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/833758219956781056

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

xbilkis posted:

Nik Stauskas, per 36:

12 ppg / 3.7 rpg / 3 apg, 40.5% fg / 37.6% 3pt / 55.0% TS, .04 WS/48 / -2.1 BPM / 0 VORP

Buddy Hield, per 36:

15.1 ppg / 5.1 rpg / 2.4 apg, 39.2% FG / 36.9% 3pt / 50.2% TS, .018 WS/48 / -3.8 BPM / -0.5 VORP

Nik Stauskas: Born October 7, 1993
Buddy Hield: Born December 17, 1993

It wasn't until this post that I realized me and Buddy have the same birthday (separated by multiple years, though).

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Gotta tank but you can't tank all the way or else the Sixers get the pick. Gotta tank halfway.

Goddamn this franchise.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Doltos posted:

Steve shot the three ball as good if not better than Curry in a bunch of seasons and was much more complete inside the arc than Curry can ever dream of being. Curry isn't even the best player on his team right now.

Wait, what? Really? I feel like I am being whooshed but I am missing the context here (other than Doltos)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Doltos posted:

lmao Doltos. I mean you're right about Durant likely being better. But not being 7ft tall isn't exactly something Curry could control.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Feb 20, 2017

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Doltos posted:

Steve shot the three ball as good if not better than Curry in a bunch of seasons
No.

quote:

and was much more complete inside the arc than Curry can ever dream of being.

No.

quote:

Curry isn't even the best player on his team right now.

Eh... it's debatable.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Uh, you guys realize that Curry has been one of the top finishers inside the paint right, like "top 10 in the entire league including bigs"

He's not just a jump shooter

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

If peak Nash played with Durant today, or anytime in the last 5 years, he also wouldn't be the best player on his own team. That hardly makes Curry worse than Nash.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Also seems kinda weird to compare shooting percentages and ignore that Curry has maintained a 41% 3-point average while shooting double the volume of 3's than peak Nash the past 4-5 years. You're then arguing Jose Calderon at 1-2 attempts per game was a better shooter than Dirk or Ray Allen because he hit a higher percentage.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Calling Steph Curry "better" than Steve Nash is sort of ridiculous when you consider body of work, longevity, and style of play.

uh also steph is a bitchmade loving system player and steve was tough as hell

Brolander fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 20, 2017

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Calling Steph Curry better than Steve Nash is not ridiculous when you consider that he's clearly better than Steve Nash

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

Wait, what? Really? I feel like I am being whooshed but I am missing the context here (other than Doltos)

He's talking about Steve and Seth Curry, surely. It makes total sense.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Brolander posted:

Calling Steph Curry "better" than Steve Nash is sort of ridiculous when you consider body of work, longevity, and style of play.

uh also steph is a bitchmade loving system player and steve was tough as hell

I think its a bit early in stephs career to discuss longevity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Panzeh posted:

I think its a bit early in stephs career to discuss longevity.

i think it's a bit early in steph's career to judge him against steve at all

• Locked thread