Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Last of Us rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Yakuza 0 also rules.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Shadow225 posted:

The game play improves marginally; but if you hate it now, you will continue to hate it. You will soon pick up the bow, which gives you a way to pick off people in one shot if they aren't aware of your presence. Your shivs will get upgraded for durability, and I saved up to buy the perks (aside from market research and design by committee there is zero reason to have an upgrade system in this game) that let you shiv a clicker when it grabbed you instead of restarting the area. Even then, it's still annoying because it won't kill the clicker in one hit.

I would tell you to play the DLC but it kind of spoils the last quarter of the game.

Is the DLC that different from the main game? I don't really care about spoilers.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

Is the DLC that different from the main game? I don't really care about spoilers.

It's a lot more focus on story telling. There are two encounters and one set piece if I remember correctly.. Everything else is minigames that have some charm despite being kind of lame and development for Ellie. The entire thing is like 2.5 hours

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Only one of those games is going to be good, man.

Does no one in this forum actually like video games?

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

I take good care of my expensive electronics. Always have. I even save the boxes and all the packaging for them in case I want to sell them later on. So it didn't occur to me when I packaged up my PS4 all nice and brand new like, that it looked like I was selling stolen property.

The first Gamestop I visited, the store clerk got halfway through unpacking it when he stopped and reluctantly told me the bad news. Apparently in the city that this store was located in, since Gamestop buys and sells used items, it is considered a pawn shop and falls under the regular scrutiny that local law enforcement gives to pawn shops and that it is store policy to no longer accept things that come in it's original packaging, like the anti-static wrapper, plastic wrap for the cables and controller, original manual, etc. They just don't want to deal with the headache that comes along with buying stolen property. The guy knew it wasn't stolen, I assume he was just in fear of losing his job. He was cool about it, and so was I. He told me to go to the Gamestop down the way and remove all the proper packaging, manual and all, and trade it in over there. So that's just what I did.

The second store went well. Traded in my PS4 for the Pro without incident and now here I am, typing up this post while waiting for my backup to completely download to the Pro. Feels good, man.

illBilliam fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 20, 2017

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

glam rock hamhock posted:

I liked a video game once

never again

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Yes they do. Just post the games you like in the thread relating to that game or console! Please!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Unfortunately we can't afford every game, neither in money or time. Therefore, in order to feel good about having to miss some games, we have to declare them to be poo poo. It's the only way to survive.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I hate video games, but i love posting about them!

Was thinking about getting yakuza 0, but with two newer entries in the series coming soon, i figured i might as well wait. They're all pretty much the same right?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

VideoGames posted:

She is truly wonderful as Miss Pauling in TF2 so that is to be expected!

Life is Strange is probably like Top 3 video games for me all time and her voiceover work was a huge part of that. Really weird going from that to hearing her as Cassie Cage in Mortal Kombat X though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I like video games more than I probably should.

Attitude Indicator posted:

I hate video games, but i love posting about them!

Was thinking about getting yakuza 0, but with two newer entries in the series coming soon, i figured i might as well wait. They're all pretty much the same right?

Nah, get Yakuza 0. It's both one of the best plots in the series and best games in the series. They're not really all the same in terms of quality and while the new ones might be good, Y0 is absolutely good.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I thought I'd be getting Nier, Zelda, and maybe Horizon when they came out but Nioh is pretty drat long so I don't think that's happening anymore.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr E posted:

I thought I'd be getting Nier, Zelda, and maybe Horizon when they came out but Nioh is pretty drat long so I don't think that's happening anymore.

Get the one where you play as a hyper anime hero in a magical post-apocalyptic land filled with weird robots.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I see what you did there.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Tbh only nier has what I'd call a hyper anime hero. The others are just somewhere in the anime ballpark, with horizon zero dawn sitting up in the bleachers.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

If you had said feminine hero it would have worked.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

If you say feminine hero elsewhere on the net it'd trigger people and you'd get a billion and one responses about the feminist agenda and poo poo like that. Holy balls don't read the comment section on article of Horizon.

In fact, never read the comments section on anything ever.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I haven't seen much discussion of the performance in horizon. How consistent is the frame rate, impatom? Did you play on standard or pro PS4?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Digirat posted:

I haven't seen much discussion of the performance in horizon. How consistent is the frame rate, impatom? Did you play on standard or pro PS4?

I played it on a standard so I can't speak for pro unfortunately. It's relatively stable but there are times it completely and utterly chunked. Oddly it never seemed to be for any clear reason except that I was transitioning into a new 'zone' usually. For the most part it was stable though.

Flumpus
Jul 22, 2007

Digirat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTH8OnQKWeY

If you don't feel like watching the whole thing, the basic gist is it's very solid, performance is almost identical across both machines (with the Pro pushing a higher resolution). There are a very very small number of minor dips, but other than that it seems like a solid 30fps.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Wendell posted:

What does lol mean in this specific instance?

laugh out loud

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Flumpus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTH8OnQKWeY

If you don't feel like watching the whole thing, the basic gist is it's very solid, performance is almost identical across both machines (with the Pro pushing a higher resolution). There are a very very small number of minor dips, but other than that it seems like a solid 30fps.

2160p vs 1080p is significant. Good to see it runs smooth on both though.

Also said a Tomb Raider style performance mode is coming in a patch.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I'd get Horizon but I'm still slowly getting through and loving Nioh and I'm gaming on a budget right now. Maybe in a couple weeks...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Get the one where you play as a hyper anime hero in a magical post-apocalyptic land filled with weird robots.

I laughed

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

bloodychill posted:

I'd get Horizon but I'm still slowly getting through and loving Nioh and I'm gaming on a budget right now. Maybe in a couple weeks...

That's what I told myself too but Amazon's preorder prices are just too drat tempting.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Freedom Wars was on Vita though.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Why is ImpAtom telling people to play Sonic 2006?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

well Horizon's first reviews are glowing.

which honestly after everything I've seen of it leaves me going "How?"

maybe it contains a full version of snipperclips

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

Why is ImpAtom telling people to play Sonic 2006?

Because I am extremely in favor of Final Fantasy princesses making out with cartoon hedgehogs, why else?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Elise isn't even good enough to be a final fantasy side character.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Every single Rockstar game since San Andreas has had significant delays so a Fall 2018 launch is very likely in RDR2's case.

It's also in development without the help of THE BENZ:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ImpAtom posted:

Oh, I am

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Stayed up until 1am playing Infamous Second Son, lighting cars on fire and poo poo.

Wake up, go to get coffee and pass a burning car.

:magical:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Edit: To be clear, Horizon is like 70% a fairly average and competent open world game, elevated by having some pretty fun combat against robot dinosaurs. It is not going to blow your mind or change your world.

Hmm--sounds OK from reviews and added back to WL. Hopefully it'll go down to $30 in a few months after Nier, P5, and Atelier.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Horizon comes out just a few days before Zelda. Ugh

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

2160p vs 1080p is significant. Good to see it runs smooth on both though.

It's not native 4K on the pro, it uses the checkerboard upscaler. Still more rendered pixels than the non-pro, though.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

the truth posted:

Horizon comes out just a few days before Zelda. Ugh
And Nier only a few days after.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Beastie posted:

Stayed up until 1am playing Infamous Second Son, lighting cars on fire and poo poo.

Wake up, go to get coffee and pass a burning car.

:magical:

Thing went downhill fast in the US, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard
I'm kind of sad neither of the new PS4s have a fun swappable cosmetic panel like the fat PS4's HDD cover. I guess it wasn't very popular.