Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Loopoo posted:

drat, can't wait for that Roman soldier to unlock. I'll play the poo poo out of him just cause I'm in love with everything Legion.

The plan is 2 heroes every 3 months, so those 2 are likely the first two, and they've likely already started work on them.

That said, could take a month of work before they're ready and then they could release the other two one month apart and still make that schedule. And it looks like the ninja guy is first, so it could be 2 months before we get the legionnaire.

But yeah I can't wait to go all Titus Pullo :hist101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

I really like Valk but it is an uphill battle to kill anyone. Too much of her poo poo just does not work, shoulder pin is unpredictable and even if the rare chance comes that you trigger it they can just avoid the damage. Leg sweep can be dodged, block on light attacks does to little damage for how much it opens you up to counter.

She is a hybrid but has the worse parts of the two classes. Looking forward to the buff and what they do with her, but it does not look like they are going to fix some of her problems.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Loopoo posted:

drat, can't wait for that Roman soldier to unlock. I'll play the poo poo out of him just cause I'm in love with everything Legion.

:same:

I hope we get to throw some javelins around too.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Double Bill posted:

So as with every fighting game I've ever played, the character I start with and end up really liking turns out to be garbage tier (Valkyrie). Is Lawbringer any good?

If Valkyrie is garbage tier then Lawbringer is a full on dumpster fire

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

The plan is 2 heroes every 3 months, so those 2 are likely the first two, and they've likely already started work on them.

That said, could take a month of work before they're ready and then they could release the other two one month apart and still make that schedule. And it looks like the ninja guy is first, so it could be 2 months before we get the legionnaire.

But yeah I can't wait to go all Titus Pullo :hist101:

Nah, they're following the Rainbow Six way of doing things, so all heroes will be released in pairs. So hopefully we get to enjoy both at the same time.

I don't even care if the Legionnaire sucks, I'ma still play him just to veni, vidi, vici the poo poo out of people.

Also, everyone saying Valk is trash, you're 100% right. I played her in 4v4 for the Elimation Hybrid contracts. Her god drat overhead heavy doesn't even take a single bar of health off of PK. That poo poo is ridiculous.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

OctaMurk posted:

If Valkyrie is garbage tier then Lawbringer is a full on dumpster fire

I didn't watch the entire hour long video, but I watched True Talent play Lawbringer and for at least the portion that I watched he thought he was really strong (and was murdering everyone he fought).

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
It's Legionary, just FYI. A Legionnaire is a member of the foreign legion.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Got it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Duck and Cover posted:

Why do game companies create fun games only to bury it in so much poo poo that the experience becomes unenjoyable?

welcome to the Ubisoft experience.

What's the best way to kill Nobushis with Conqueror/Warlords? Need tips to use my heavy dudes against the bleed pokes. Warlord I'm pretty good with smashing them with unblockable overhead and countering with the shield, though.

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.
So how do you beat Lawbringer's combo? I keep getting caught up in the charge, guard break heavy combo over and over again.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
Why does uBi hate groups? Every game they publish sucks at grouping. Even if the game is designed arround parties.

Also, I found a bug that keeps you in tactical mode.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

ACValiant posted:

So how do you beat Lawbringer's combo? I keep getting caught up in the charge, guard break heavy combo over and over again.

:ssh: Lawbringer's charge attack always comes on your left, so enter guard mode and guard that way when he approaches.

As for the rest of his kit I'm not expert. I've only come up against one *good* Lawbringer that didn't poo poo their pants when they discovered I knew how to stop their gimmicky charge attack.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

That says they're interchangeable but you're right. Wikipedia says it's a misused term. Oops.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Kainser posted:

Magically having a fatal bleed applied to you after a bot replaces the player is new. He'd be dead even with the supposed post-patch thing where the bot is just dead when that happens.

The bot applies the bleed, you just don't see it because hes still 'loading' while the bot can take action. The bot fix will solve this problem.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Wow, Dominion is quite fun when you've got a competent team. I just got done winning a game and I got 4 levels and a tonne of loot. That's crazy good. Will use Dominion from now on for mass leveling, and 2v2 for training. Exp boost was great, as was gear drops, and the game took the same amount of time as two 2v2 games, if a bit less, but gave me twice as more.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Yeah Dominion can be pretty fun with a group.

It stinks when you decide to roll the dice with pubbies and end up with one of those teams that go in one at a time into the three enemy heroes guarding that one point.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Finally got the Ouroboros layer. Now I can have an anime emblem. :woop:

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Donnerberg posted:

Finally got the Ouroboros layer. Now I can have an anime emblem. :woop:

Shouldn't you be weaboo faction.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

I'm bringing change to the vikings from the inside.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Just got accused of cheating in 4v4. Joined as Orochi with an item level of 35, whilst they all had gear level 10 or less. End of the round, they're routing, I'm facing off against three enemies, none of them try guard breaking me after I manage to repel two separate guard breaks, and I'm blocking all their attacks. It's loving beautiful. Then I pop my revenge and outright kill their Peacekeeper, then finish off their Orochi, and face down 1v1 with their Kensei. Won the game. Felt so good.

"Reported for cheating"

How do you even cheat in this game?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Shockeh posted:

Weirdly, as a Shugoki, I do struggle with Nobushi. I don't even really understand why, I just find that particular matchup difficult.

I've been looking for FG-Style 'best for' information, and I haven't tracked much down - Like, what's my best option after a Shugoki Parry, etc.

Nobushi is one of my worst matchups as Shugoki. It actually makes sense; Nobushi has good range and some of her attacks chain together very quickly. This means she can knock off your poise and hit you again before you get a chance to hit her. Trading with a Nobushi is difficult and its very easy to get overwhelmed and poked to death. I've found using the zone attack as a gap closer works particularly well against her since even if she gets a hit off its too fast for her too chain. Then you're right in her face and can hopefully land a guardbreak or headbutt combo.

I have to play very carefully around the Nobushi and matches against her can go stupid long.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Loopoo posted:

"Reported for cheating"

It is Known that there are paid cheats available on PC.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I was about to give up on this game but it clicked last night and I got a triple kill out of revenge mode and now I love Warloard

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Loopoo posted:

"Reported for cheating"

Ubisoft apparently doesn't even make the slightest effort at obfuscating your IP, so amongst other things, DDoSing is becoming a thing.

P2P :shepface:

Qubee
May 31, 2013

panda clue posted:

Ubisoft apparently doesn't even make the slightest effort at obfuscating your IP, so amongst other things, DDoSing is becoming a thing.

Wow, that's disgusting. What the gently caress were they thinking? Is that the worst they can do with that information? I'm poo poo with technical stuff, so I have no idea how far someone can run with my IP. Is DDoS the worst of my worries?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I don't care what you nerds say.

Lawbringer is fun and good and bullying people into pits is great fun.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Hopefully nobody in the thread is paying for cheats because there are ban passes everyday.
In order to have an internet connection with someone, IPs are inevitable unless you're going thru a 3rd party that's playing telephone for you (at the expense of whatever latency is added for doing so). Having an internet connection with someone is a risk, yeah. Giving someone a handshake is a risk too.

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Feb 20, 2017

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

panda clue posted:

How worried should I be about this as a guy that doesn't know computer?

All I know is people could see everyones IP in the old days when we all sat in Irc channels and yelled at each other, and no one seemed to be worse off.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Donnerberg posted:

How worried should I be about this as a guy that doesn't know computer?

All I know is people could see everyones IP in the old days when we all sat in Irc channels and yelled at each other, and no one seemed to be worse off.

Not very, worst case is they send several requests to your computer and you get latency. Only if you are running some out of date software, or if there is a zero day exploit, would you be in trouble.

SO unless you are running a webpage or plex off of the same server you are using to play for honor, you don't need to worry about this.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
If you're rocking a modern router or the most basic form of firewall, they can't do much. DDoSing is just spamming you with connection attempts, and while you are automatically declining them, the sheer magnitude of the attempts is what causes you to get hosed.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Gimbal lock posted:

Hopefully nobody in the thread is paying for cheats because there are ban passes everyday.

I think it's ridiculous I even got accused of cheating. I can also say I don't cheat, the game would be no fun if I was literally doing nothing but winning. The whole enjoyment I get from this game is when I get my rear end kicked in, learn from my mistakes, and come back better than before. I can't wait for ranked as a result.

Also, 4v4 is awful when you have the worst teammates. It was me and one other dude with two bots, against 4 real players. We were dominating the game for the first 4 minutes, then real players replace our bots, and we tank super hard and lose the game. Nonstop friendly fire by dumbasses like Kensei and Warden who swing heavies. I swear I got more damage from own teammates than I did from enemies. They'd also steal executions despite the fact they had full health and I was just about to heavy into him but get cancelled out of it by theirs.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

welcome to the Ubisoft experience.

Not only is the whole thing poo poo it's that it's like they deliberately made it so. Statistically if you had someone who never touched a game design the interface they'd have come up with something better. Well guys the game has factions so let's shove that poo poo down peoples throats, but make it pretty meaningless too! Modern games need rpg elements so let's slap that poo poo in. Hmm what else? How about readying up people like that right? Dailies that's a mandatory. Some sort of in game currency? Yes please. Visible ranking makes people feel bad so we won't put that in. Also skirmish is hilariously bad while elimination is pretty fun let's put them together!

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 20, 2017

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Just had the weirdest Dominion match ever. I got pushed off a cliff right as our team started to break. 4 minutes pass, our team manages to get the other team to break. Another 5 minutes pass, we win. I was dead for that entire time with no possible way of respawning. Was super weird.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I had a really good dominion match where they broke our team, then we proceeded to come back by 300 points in breaking mode, to break their team and win. When this game is good it's good, reminds me of mobas that way. High highs and low lows.

And for as good as the game is they sure try to hide it behind a billion menus lol

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Duck and Cover posted:

Visible ranking makes people feel bad so we won't put that in.

Most of your points are valid, but they are adding a ranked mode in the future. I can't think of any game where they make your casual-mode mmr public information.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

panda clue posted:

Most of your points are valid, but they are adding a ranked mode in the future. I can't think of any game where they make your casual-mode mmr public information.

It is valid though that something like that should probably exist already, the game does feel like its missing a couple modes. I'm fine with it being mostly multiplayer, the campaign we have is decent enough for what it is, the graphics are great, there's already some good loot variation, good map variation with different weather and vegetation for each map. But the modes are just... weak. There's no duel arena, no tournaments, no actual faction battles, and no ranked competitive.

We know we're getting modes and the cool part is you don't even need the season pass to get them, we get them free. So that's cool. And its been the way of most games the last few years to release kinda pre-mature when the game gets stable but isn't really completely finished, and then roll out the rest in updates.

I'm having a ton of fun with what we have but I think criticism about missing features is fair too. (Within reason, stuff like just complaining about p2p is kinda silly. But at the same time, the matchmaking server definitely has issues so.. yeah)

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

panda clue posted:

Sure but for a game that's designed to be difficult/skill based to not have ranking on launch is sort of dumb. Maybe ubisoft couldn't afford that what with all the money going into marketing. Now excuse me I gotta watch that youtube video of weapon forging, or maybe one of the twitch streams or that other youtube video about which factions soldier would win. In all fairness I think it was that marketing that did in the end get me to buy the game (that and the demo err I mean "open beta")

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 20, 2017

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I would like at least a ladder for 1v1 2v2 modes yeah. Doesn't have to be extravagant but its something.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
My Fight BP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Just got told I was being reported for abusing the 'peacekeeper zone attack glitch' :shepface:

K?