Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Feminasty Slut posted:

i wanna laugh at that person but I get my news from this thread.

cspam is kewl and gewd and i trust him with my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Feminasty Slut posted:

hah, idiot. i get my news from the poo poo i make up in my head.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Citizen Tayne posted:

Pittsburgh is really good. Some call it "the Paris of Appalachia."

oh god no fidel u activated pittsburgh stymie

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Cool! I got one of them tickets for all the best picture nominees. Glad that this includes witnessing Pitssburgh in all its glory. (I've never been there. Is it cool?)

do you like hills because its almost as bad as san francisco in that sense

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Feminasty Slut posted:

can we get cspam radio

maybe someone can take that cspam twitter bot and run it through a text to speech generator and belch it from a buoy in international waters like a numbers station

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

I was told I have 666 unread posts in this thread. What satanic things has Trump done while I was asleep?

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Yinlock posted:

lol trump is never coming back to the white house

He wants to make it his Versailles, move his court out of DC and control everything.

All hail the Sunny-D King.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i always think its strange i've been to more of the US than most american citizens

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Hello this is your local broadcast from C-SPAM. tonight's top story: peckerwood

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

jfc

quote:

Her friend, who refused to give her name, agreed. "There are many others besides George Soros but George Soros is the biggie," she said. "All the braindeads suck in the false news, because they don't have the ability to read and get the proper information." The friend had gotten a lot of the hidden details from The Creature from Jekyll Island, a Federal Reserve conspiracy book written by an HIV/AIDS denialist who believes he knows the location of Noah's ark and can cure cancer with a poisonous plant extract. When asked where else she gets her news, she replied, "Mostly radio."

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Jose posted:

well, cincinnati is very hilly and i lived there for undergrad and while it sucked when i had to walk to school, it was v beautiful. michigan is pretty flat, so the only time i get a cool view is when i'm in a tall building.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Allow Me To Report On The Number Of Posts I Didn't Read

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Serf posted:

it gives them a convenient scapegoat for why we lost. rather than face the music on neoliberalism and centrism, they choose to believe that the other side had outside help (and they did, that def happened) and so we don't need to change

That's a bit of an oversimplification. The more typical liberal view, from what I've read, seems to be along the lines of Elizabeth Warren's.

quote:

In November, America elected Donald Trump.

Yes, the Russians helped.

Yes, the FBI director helped.

Yes, he lost the popular vote by three million.

But we cannot let ourselves off so easy. Not as progressives, not as Democrats. The excuses end now—right here in Baltimore. We hold ourselves accountable.

And we need to figure out what comes next.

There are some in the Democratic Party who urge caution. They say this is just a tactical problem. We need better data. We need better social media. We need better outreach. We need better talking points.

Better talking points? Are you kidding me? People are so desperate for economic change in this country that Donald Trump was just inaugurated as President, and people think we just have a messaging problem? What planet are they living on?

This is bigger than talking points and tactics, and yes, even than Twitter.

This country is in an economic crisis. For more than 30 years, working families, middle class families, poor families, students, seniors have been squeezed harder and harder, and now they are at the breaking point. Republican politicians have pushed one policy after another that has favored the rich and powerful over everyone else, and far too often, Democrats have gone right along. And no matter how extreme Republicans in Washington became, Democrats might grumble or whine, but when it came time for action, our party hesitated and pushed back only with great reluctance. Far too often, Democrats have been unwilling to get out there and fight.
https://www.boston.com/news/politics/2017/02/04/elizabeth-warren-says-democrats-need-to-grow-a-backbone-in-speech-to-liberals

Certainly, recognizing one reason Democrats lost doesn't disregard another.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

logikv9 posted:

Hello this is your local broadcast from C-SPAM. tonight's top story: peckerwood

friend of mine has told me for years to get on radio / do a pod cast about politics

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Feminasty Slut posted:

i read the new york times, the graunid and le monde

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Fidel Castronaut posted:

well, cincinnati is very hilly and i lived there for undergrad and while it sucked when i had to walk to school, it was v beautiful. michigan is pretty flat, so the only time i get a cool view is when i'm in a tall building.

pittsburgh without a car sounds like hell

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Jose posted:

lead poisoning is a terrible thing

So is reactionary mind poisoning.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Baloogan posted:

friend of mine has told me for years to get on radio / do a pod cast about politics

Do it I would listen unironically

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I am George Soros, ama

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Yinlock posted:

the only thing more embarrassing than the number of posts i skip is the number of posts i actually read

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Schnorkles posted:

I am George Soros, ama

My check hasn't deposited yet

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

logikv9 posted:

have you heard baloogans voice?

:chloe:

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

hills also make road planning all weird because you can't make things very grid-y so i got confused all the time driving around cincinnati. but you drive up on a big hill and lookout from the top and it's kinda worth it.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

logikv9 posted:

it would just be identical to whatever bullshit alex jones said that day

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

logikv9 posted:

My check hasn't deposited yet

did you correctly identify your protesting identification number [PIN] and take it to one of the seven pre-approved banks?

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

logikv9 posted:

Jam all radio signals nationwide

lol, that wouldn't help

quote:

"America was going down the tubes," said Bill Moro, a raspy-voiced and stubbly 50-something who voted for the first time ever for Trump. "They said our constitution was unconstitutional. That's what Obama said. And Clinton."

"[Trump] needs to drain the swamp of judges, too," he said. "I don't care what he does. I'm behind him 100 percent. Put it this way: If he became a dictator, and they said, 'We want him in forever,' he's my man. He's in. I'll never vote against him ... I love his power ... It's the power that does something to me."

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Baloogan posted:

Alex Jones level 2

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

baloogan has a voice for silent pictures

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Fidel Castronaut posted:

hills also make road planning all weird because you can't make things very grid-y so i got confused all the time driving around cincinnati. but you drive up on a big hill and lookout from the top and it's kinda worth it.

pittsburgh is like one flat bit and then a river splitting the insanely hilly bit iirc

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

logikv9 posted:

there would be loads of just chanting TRUMP till it stopped making sense, but I'd power through till it make total sense again

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Jose posted:

Pittsburgh is hillier than SF. The second steepest street in the world is in Pittsburgh.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

why is everyone so paranoid about soros though

i've never seen or heard of him actually doing anything, ever

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

So are we getting another late night Monday leak or what? News is too slow today and the Milo poo poo isn't enough schadenfreude for me.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Yinlock posted:

Please, go ahead

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Yinlock posted:

i've never seen or heard of him actually doing anything, ever

That's how good of a puppetmaster he is.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Citizen Tayne posted:

Pittsburgh is hillier than SF. The second steepest street in the world is in Pittsburgh.

SF you're always on a hill though

Serf
May 5, 2011

William Bear posted:

That's a bit of an oversimplification. The more typical liberal view, from what I've read, seems to be along the lines of Elizabeth Warren's.

https://www.boston.com/news/politics/2017/02/04/elizabeth-warren-says-democrats-need-to-grow-a-backbone-in-speech-to-liberals

Certainly, recognizing one reason Democrats lost doesn't disregard another.

i aint disagreeing that some people do, in fact, sorta get it

what i am saying is that people are fuckin stupid and can only hold a few ideas in their heads at once because they're busy and they've got poo poo to do

so if you hammer on and on that the ruskies rigged the election, over and over again, that's what's gonna stick in peoples' minds

and some people (the centrists and the neolibs) want that to happen because then it means no one questions their role in the democrat big fuckup world tour we're on right now

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Former Everything posted:

lol, that wouldn't help

grats on your interview baloogan

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

pittsburgh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004