Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

That's cute :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - :discourse:

Somebody quick draw Disney's Beauty and the Bee-st.

Starring Barry B. Benson as the Bee(st).

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I want to see the Jungle Beek with little Dronegli being raised by Bagbeera and hunted by Shere Queen

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
No! No, marketing bots scouring the internet! No, we don't!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Ooh bee doo, I wanna bee like you
I wanna sing like you, sting like you, it's true

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Drifter posted:

^^^ - :discourse:

Somebody quick draw Disney's Beauty and the Bee-st.

Starring Barry B. Benson as the Bee(st).

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
This thread is the bestworst thread.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
This thread fuels me

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I guess this is what happens when I haven't seen any good animated films in a while.

In other words, I need to see LEGO Batman already. Brother saw it this weekend, summarized it as "an abridged video with a budget" (e.g.: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series). I did like that series, so that's actually kind of promising. (Not that I hadn't already seen the positive vibes surrounding it in this thread, mind...)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Shadow Hog posted:

I guess this is what happens when I haven't seen any good animated films in a while.

I just saw Trolls and loved it but am trying not to make every post about it so Barrytoa happened

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Shadow Hog posted:

In other words, I need to see LEGO Batman already. Brother saw it this weekend, summarized it as "an abridged video with a budget" (e.g.: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series). I did like that series, so that's actually kind of promising. (Not that I hadn't already seen the positive vibes surrounding it in this thread, mind...)

I can see the resemblance now that you mention it, but if I had to summarize the Lego Batman movie in one sentence, I'd go with "What if Strong Bad was Batman?"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bee our guest! Bee our guest!
Put our pollen to the test!

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Well Manicured Man posted:

I can see the resemblance now that you mention it, but if I had to summarize the Lego Batman movie in one sentence, I'd go with "What if Strong Bad was Batman?"
As a huge Homestar Runner fan back in the day, this is probably an even bigger selling point to me than YGOTAS.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
i had an extra day off from working christmas that was going to expire, so i took it friday

assuming my plan to see lion and fences (and thus see every Oscar pic before Sunday) works out, I'm considering seeing:

Rock Dog

The Oscar Short Films

Both of those

One part of me is ashamed for even considering Rock Dog

the other part of me has already seen Strange Magic, Norm of the North and Ratchet and Clank in movie theaters, so it seems on-brand

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

At least it has Lewis Black?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I won't hear any bad things about Rock Dog :colbert: (until I hear bad things about Rock Dog)

CRINDY posted:

my plan to see lion

Movie has no lions, misleading title, 0/10

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

Movie has no lions, misleading title, 0/10

I walked out of Day of the Jackal for the same reason.

It looks like Rock Dog will be cool though, plus it will have a dog and rock music. So, good!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I like yours. :3:

I was figuring soemthing like this.

edit: sorry, needed to add the subtitle.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 21, 2017

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Hand in cleavage, send help.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Das Boo posted:

Hand in cleavage, send help.

If you dress up like a big yellow flower then your anthers get frisked for pollen. Them's the rules.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

What are the odds that Rock Dog is good?

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

What are the odds that Rock Dog is good?

It looks much more tolerable than the last several non-big six studio pickups. Mainly in that it has consistent art design, halfway decent looking characters and appears to be watchable, if nothing spectacular.

I'm expecting 30s or 40s on Rotten Tomatoes but it looks leagues better than Strange Magic, Nut Job, Norm, Wild Life, Ratchet, Legends of Oz, etc. It'll probably be on the level of the other recent Reel FX films, Book of Life and Free Birds.

CRINDY fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Feb 21, 2017

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CRINDY posted:

It'll probably be on the level of the other recent Reel FX films, Book of Life and Free Birds.

That's... that's a pretty big gap in quality, though. Book of Life was solid, and only really hampered by the live-action stuff, whereas Free Birds was really bad.

e: Also the Ratchet and Clank movie is kinda decent, actually. It's kind of a case where they made the best adaptation they could of the source material, it's just that nobody was asking them to adapt it. I really think that if it had come out as an original IP, instead of being based on a video game, it might have still bombed (because an action-y kids movie is always a gamble, they'd usually rather see the grown-up action movies and in the age of PG-13 they usually can) but it would have probably done a lot better with critics.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

That's... that's a pretty big gap in quality, though. Book of Life was solid, and only really hampered by the live-action stuff, whereas Free Birds was really bad.

For some reason I thought Free Birds did something like a 50-60 on Rotten Tomatoes instead of a 17. I stand corrected

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bee-yutiful!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CRINDY posted:

For some reason I thought Free Birds did something like a 50-60 on Rotten Tomatoes instead of a 17. I stand corrected

I'm just going by having seen both movies, not the RT scores, it's honestly shocking that they were the same studio.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A quick reminder of a film I bet most people don't even remember exists:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

ImpAtom posted:

Didn't this come out during a weird spurt where there were a bunch of animated movies about shrinking people?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Some executive with greenlighting power had a fetish

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ImpAtom posted:

If I recall, it had exactly the opposite moral as Antz.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Das Boo posted:

Didn't this come out during a weird spurt where there were a bunch of animated movies about shrinking people?

I think so. Literally the only reason I remember it exist is because one of the very first freelance writing gigs I had was writing a review of the game and even then I completely and utterly forgot it existed until I was going back through some old files earlier. In my brain it always transformed into Antz or Bugs Life or something instead.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

Some executive with greenlighting power had a fetish

Like Quentin Tarantino and his thing about feet?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
What was the one where someone keeps tipping cows then in a delicious ironic twist he becomes the cow who is tipped

Or am I mixing up several different movies

Wasn't there also one where male cows had udders

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
You think it's a funny idea to put udders on male cows, Hollywood, but you don't know what obsessions you're unwittingly birthing in the dark corners of the internet

you don't know

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Barnyard.

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Attack monkey! Monkey attack!

Hedrigall posted:

No, but the thread probably doesn't want pictures of me in my costumes..

I do, post them :unsmigghh:

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Morshu posted:

I like your art, too.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Morshu posted:

Haha no

LeJackal posted:

I like your art, too.

Aww thanks :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pick posted:

If I recall, it had exactly the opposite moral as Antz.

What was the moral? I remember literally nothing about Antz other than that one soldiers disembodied talking head. Also a wasp died and another wasp got drunk I think?

Pick posted:

Barnyard.

There's like a 100% chance this was unintentional, but it kind of feels like the main character of Barnyard was meant to be a transman. He has an udder and no horns, but uses "he/him" pronouns and has a male voice actor. Also, part of the story involves him learning to be more mature so he can be a good parent to his pregnant girlfriends child even though he isn't the calfs biological father.