Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Pruney posted:

Will PC have the 3 active skills only gimp too?

If so, hope someone mods it fast to allow for more.
It's not a console thing, it's a core part of the design - more than 3 powers when you have fairly short, per-power cooldowns would be pretty broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Pruney posted:

Will PC have the 3 active skills only gimp too?

If so, hope someone mods it fast to allow for more.

From the gameplay trailer, there's a tease about 'favorites' and from that it looks like you can have 12 active skills but can only switch between sets of 3.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

SgtSteel91 posted:

From the gameplay trailer, there's a tease about 'favorites' and from that it looks like you can have 12 active skills but can only switch between sets of 3.
Also this, according to the designer on twitter the next video should explain this fully.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

:freep: feminism! :freep:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

If your article includes the phrase "Check out this tweet from @luzariuslive:" then delete it and quit your job imo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There are a lot of questionable decisions made by the Andromeda team but limiting powers to 3-4 active skills at a time is a good one. Mostly passive things like ammo powers have been removed and now that there are no distinct class roles, there has to be some decisionmaking involved for what powers to discard and keep.

Limitations.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

guys when turians poop is it white like bird poop or

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Drifter posted:

Dead faces won't bother you when you're dead inside.

What Valve game has excellent facial animation in the modern day?

Portal 2, it gets more out of just eyeballs then most games get out of entire faces.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I can't think of anything I care less about then how chubby Sara Ryder's face is in the game.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Deakul posted:

guys when turians poop is it white like bird poop or

More like turdians. :tbear:

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Rad Valtar posted:

I can't think of anything I care less about then how chubby Sara Ryder's face is in the game.

congratulations on leading a fulfilling life

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

congratulations on leading a fulfilling life

Thank you sir.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

this person is not leading a fulfilling life

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

FronzelNeekburm posted:

More like turdians. :tbear:

ohhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Legion was the best. The lack of friendly Geth in Andromeda is disappointing.

I think it would make good sense for the Geth to have already sent expeditions to other galaxies after discovering the Reapers.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Speaking of nerd rage I read Shamus rant, I disagree on his point of Bioware got too big. Dragon Age has been pretty tonally consistent from start to inquisition. Sure 2 was bad and characters like Anders idiotic but things don't come outof left field, everything for the most part reasonably builds off of groundwork setup in origins.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Inverness posted:

I think it would make good sense for the Geth to have already sent expeditions to other galaxies after discovering the Reapers.

Your avatar makes me think you might be a little biased.

Serf
May 5, 2011

The only returning species I'd want to see are the hanar and the elcor but I don't think they're bringing them back :argh:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Jack2142 posted:

Speaking of nerd rage I read Shamus rant, I disagree on his point of Bioware got too big. Dragon Age has been pretty tonally consistent from start to inquisition. Sure 2 was bad and characters like Anders idiotic but things don't come outof left field, everything for the most part reasonably builds off of groundwork setup in origins.

i just wish bioware could go back to using their own engine so we could have kickin' rad mods again instead of just texture replacers.

the DA series was more coherent as far as the storyline goes imo.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Crustashio posted:

"It’s a shame Bioware thinks that they need to do this to keep feminists happy."

it's about ethics in videogame face modelling

Zombie Simone de Beauvoir crawls back into her grave, satisfied that Bioware is doing as promised. No need to fulfil the voodoo priestess' warning tonight

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
bioware leaked estrogen into the space water

TEENAGE WITCH fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Feb 21, 2017

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.

Woah, Marina Sirtis was Benezia?! :aaaaa:

That explains so much why the end of Noveria is so cringey and awful.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

it's funny, every few days on the ME subreddit someone posts something along the lines of "Is anyone else DISGUSTED with how loving UGLY the women are in Mass Effect?" and if you click on their post history it is an absolute ocean of misery. just dudes furious and perplexed that their screaming about video game ladies hasn't brought them sex from real people yet.

more people should go to therapy, I think. especially if they play video games (or post on reddit)

ub
Feb 9, 2003

no dont
Pillbug
Mass Effect games are p fun and I like playing them

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I hope there's still a face code system because I usually tend to just steal character faces from people who are way better with the creator than I am

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

ub posted:

Mass Effect games are p fun and I like playing them

C'mon man. If this thread has taught me anything you can't really enjoy Mass Effect unless you create the perfect waifu, try to get your character to gently caress every character in the game, while trying to get all the other characters to gently caress each other as well.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Pattonesque posted:

it's funny, every few days on the ME subreddit someone posts something along the lines of "Is anyone else DISGUSTED with how loving UGLY the women are in Mass Effect?" and if you click on their post history it is an absolute ocean of misery. just dudes furious and perplexed that their screaming about video game ladies hasn't brought them sex from real people yet.
Whatever keeps them in the basement obsessing over fake women instead of stalking real ones, I guess.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Jose Oquendo posted:

C'mon man. If this thread has taught me anything you can't really enjoy Mass Effect unless you create the perfect waifu, try to get your character to gently caress every character in the game, while trying to get all the other characters to gently caress each other as well.

But you had to not gently caress Iron Bull and Dorian in order to get them to gently caress :(

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Fingers crossed and here's hoping that this game ends up more like Mass Effect 2, which is probably one of my favorite games of ALL TIME, and I don't even like shooters and fast-action games usually. I was so retardedly SIKED for Mass Effect 3, then when it came out literally on my birthday, my boyfriend got me the deluxe edition plus a really nerdy art book and then I almost felt bad for him when I hated it so much, so I had to kind of gently pretend that I loved it so I didn't hurt his feelings .. :downs:

Dragon Age 2 (the follow up to my other favorite game of the last 15 years) and the "new" Sim city had already come out on basically my two previous birthdays. Needless to say, I don't get that SIKED anymore.

I don't play multiplayer, and I really hope there is no reason that I have to do it, in order to 95-100% the single-player. I'll play more hours or do more missions, or more exploring, anything.. as long as I don't HAVE to play multiplayer for any reason.

Also, thanks a lot guys. Now I've spent $30 on EA access so I can finally play ME 2 Again. I was checking every month for a year to see if it was finally backwards compatible, and then eventually gave up and forgot about it, until I saw this thread. I hope it's as fun the third time, since I haven't played it in so long. Has anyone played it again on the Xbox One? Is it just as fun? I'm concerned that I won't have all the characters because I'm trying to think back and figure out which DLC were important or if I even had any (but I feel like there were at least one or two with cool plot and/or new characters). I'm still downloading the game, so I haven't looked it up yet.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Torrannor posted:

But you had to not gently caress Iron Bull and Dorian in order to get them to gently caress :(

Look, buddy. Sometimes sacrifices have to be made for the good of the world.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Torrannor posted:

I tried to play matchmaker for those two for loving hours but the drat banter bug kept getting in the way.

Schubalts posted:

Look, buddy. Sometimes sacrifices have to be made for the good of the world.

Some sacrifices are in vain.

Career
Mar 27, 2010

Only a true Bioware fan would come up with elaborate conspiracy theories to explain away their incompetence.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Inverness posted:

People really owe it to themselves to hack Legion into a playthrough with gibbed. He has a ton of voice lines and interactions that were cut out due to the Xbox limitations and bad choices.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

marshmallow creep posted:

I tried to play matchmaker for those two for loving hours but the drat banter bug kept getting in the way.

I used cheat-engine to set the party banter RNG seed to zero and went to eat lunch. When i came back they were loving.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

One of the skills is still unknown, have they talked about how to unlock these? Are some supposed to be secret?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Might that be the Remnant AI ability we have seen in previous shots?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

frajaq posted:

One of the skills is still unknown, have they talked about how to unlock these? Are some supposed to be secret?

There's no Tech armor so it could be that, its the only class specialty skill missing.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Interesting how melee weapons are a new category but there are no melee weapon skills.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Ten year old child intentionally makes sketch of hot barbarian chick look like poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

nerdz posted:

Interesting how melee weapons are a new category but there are no melee weapon skills.

Could "Combat Tools" be melee weapons?