Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I stopped using shotguns after finding at <2M range that they would injure the enemy whilst I would be killed.

Hibanba
Fixed – Sidearm recoil is higher than desired, and accuracy is lower than desired.

One of the best attackers becomes better :unsmigghh:

Carecat fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The most success I've had with one is on valk. If I have an idea of where the enemy is she's fast enough to rush them, and with the shotgun you only need to kind of be aiming at their head. I do wish their fall off wasn't so harsh

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Will Shotguns ever be more accurate? I have a love hate with the them. You can shoot to people in the face from the same distance and one will die, the other will be unscathed I'm not looking for Doom levels of shotgun pwnage, but it seems like they need a tweek .

Unless you're physically touching someone the Mira/Jackal shotgun will not kill them. It won't even reliably blow apart trap doors, which is basically its main purpose.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 20, 2017

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Hard posted:

Also don't call us Canadians (or do) as it either triggers us or can make you look stupid depending on the context.

It's okay, we don't consider you Canadians anyways. It's kind of like how Americans differentiate the south.

Also shortened ranked rounds is still the worst. Running and hiding to run out the timer shouldn't be a common tactic.

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010
The last québécois guy I ran into called me an idiot til I yelled at him in broken French, then he said I was pretty ok

Game is good imo

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
I played with this franch canadian and he was bumbling around loving poo poo up and I told him to fix his game.

Jehde posted:

Also shortened ranked rounds is still the worst. Running and hiding to run out the timer shouldn't be a common tactic.

:raise:

Wooper fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 20, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wooper posted:

I played with this franch canadian and he was bumbling around loving poo poo up and I told him to fix his game.
I thought about Hard after the first 6 words. :laffo:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Oh btw I had my twitch drone destroyed when I spawned into the drone phase. I don't remember the map and shadowplay wasn't working so didn't get any footage.

Hard fix your game. Also fix shadowplay for me if you can, thx.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

The most success I've had with one is on valk. If I have an idea of where the enemy is she's fast enough to rush them, and with the shotgun you only need to kind of be aiming at their head. I do wish their fall off wasn't so harsh

I had a match today where I opened the double door entrance on Coastline (the one by the sports car) and took down an Ash standing behind the armored car. I had Valk's shotgun and was actually surprised it did anything at that range. So yeah, Valk's shotgun is still pretty good.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
I had a bad moment today (within the last hour). Getting shot randomly by teammates at round opening, even TK'ed at one point. Round four starts (defense), and I'm instantly shot again. I just lost it. TKed whom I thought it was and quit.

I try to be pretty chill, was even trying to be cool about it over chat in the rounds prior to this, but I just lost it. Yeah, they were dicks and I shouldn't have engaged. I'm so sorry guys. Hard, your game is too good and I got too involved. Fix your game. :sigh:

Edit: I was solo tonight, so no one from discord. You goons are awesome.

And yeah, VVvVvV that might happen next time. VVVvVvVvV

Beverly Cleavage fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Feb 21, 2017

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Next time, c4 them and eat the ban. No survivors.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

@Hard: Can you kindly suggest to the dev team that they make the intentional TK detection much more stringent and simply offer the person TKed the option of kicking them or not? A "kick and report" option would be great too. Thanks.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I had a round a few days ago where someone was picking Caveira and using her pistol to intentionally down teammates during setup without killing them, then when someone TKed them in retaliation THEY got banned. So yeah, it should probably check for that, too.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

This was like watching the colonial marines walk into the reactor complex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faaLxq30XlE

Basticle fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Feb 21, 2017

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
This game is pretty great when not constantly booting me from the server or glitching out at a loading screen.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
If I get intentionally teamkilled I will in the next round kill any of their squad mates I can identify(by name or otherwise) and try to force them to teamkill me again, thereby getting them kicked.
I will also pretend to be cool with it at the start of the round to see what damage I can cause.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Party Plane Jones posted:

Unless you're physically touching someone the Mira/Jackal shotgun will not kill them. It won't even reliably blow apart trap doors, which is basically its main purpose.

I came up short with that loving thing a few nights ago. I had a guy dead to rights in the consulate basement. He walked right into my angle, but apparently 2 feet is just too far so I got hosed.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
It's been a good day as Fuze:

https://streamable.com/6emps
https://streamable.com/1ejrk

A fun day as Cav:
https://streamable.com/tbnms

And the first time I've gotten a floorbang shotgun kill with Jackal so far
https://streamable.com/2w69f

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Does the new map have slightly lower ceilings than all the others,? Because I've now seen multiple times kills via breach charges from the top floor down to the lower floor, which I can only recall ever happening once before on any other map. I think the victim was tachanka in most cases too so maybe sitting on the turret elevates you too? Just something I've noticed happening this patch.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Cool clips Jones.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

@Hard: Can you kindly suggest to the dev team that they make the intentional TK detection much more stringent and simply offer the person TKed the option of kicking them or not? A "kick and report" option would be great too. Thanks.

Yeah noted.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Carecat posted:

I stopped using shotguns after finding at <2M range that they would injure the enemy whilst I would be killed.

seriously?

one of the main reasons i even play this game is because it actually respects shotguns and lets you run around with the benelli like you're in John Wick 2

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Thief posted:

seriously?

one of the main reasons i even play this game is because it actually respects shotguns and lets you run around with the benelli like you're in John Wick 2

Same. I actually was asked to stop using the shotgun by another player because I was killing him every round as Smoke.
I probably would have if he had actually phrased it as a request and not as "sdoots pls" and "sdoots no shotgun pls' but such is life.

Two nights ago I had the weirdest match of this so far. Myself and my pal got in a game on whatever the map is that IQ's situation takes place on (Oregon?).
The round begins, and pretty quickly someone calls out "they have three shields". I figure he means Blitz, Montagne, and Fuze.

He had his count wrong. They had five shields, and they were all recruits.

We had plenty of nitro cells and a Smoke, so they went down pretty fast, but it was still one of the dumbest things I'd seen in Siege. The next round, we figured they'd pick some obnoxious composition as well, and sure enough, they met our expectations with flying colors. They had a Bandit, a Jager, a Mute, a Echo, and a Tachanka. It was a perfect storm of poo poo that'd get on your nerves as an attacker.

This was how the match played out. They'd use some weird gimmick one round, then an obnoxious one the next. They lost, but it wasn't a very fun game either way.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Buck is pretty fun for running around like a crazy person and punching holes in the map.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Party Plane Jones posted:

And the first time I've gotten a floorbang shotgun kill with Jackal so far
https://streamable.com/2w69f

That is an absurd headshot. I would be upset.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Sdoots posted:

Two nights ago I had the weirdest match of this so far. Myself and my pal got in a game on whatever the map is that IQ's situation takes place on (Oregon?).
The round begins, and pretty quickly someone calls out "they have three shields". I figure he means Blitz, Montagne, and Fuze.

He had his count wrong. They had five shields, and they were all recruits.

Shield Team 6 is a time honored tradition and is a ton of fun.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

What is the best shield pistol?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Jehde posted:

Oh btw I had my twitch drone destroyed when I spawned into the drone phase. I don't remember the map and shadowplay wasn't working so didn't get any footage.

Hard fix your game. Also fix shadowplay for me if you can, thx.

Did you try uninstalling and then installing GeForce Experience?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Something you can spam if need be, which is why you'll sometimes see people ditching revolver on Montagne.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I've had more luck with the high damage ones. But I don't shoot a lot with a shield. I'll mag up ads with blitz and maybe do 40 damage to a guy

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Pistols are split up into two groups, low damage + more bullets and high damage + fewer bullets.

You want more bullets if you tend to hipfire while praying for headshots, otherwise go for higher per-shot damage.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Great Beer posted:

Shield Team 6 is a time honored tradition and is a ton of fun.

It's the best when you find someone on the other team aimbotting or wallhacking.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
RPS says that this game has 10 million players now. Great work, Hard.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/02/14/rainbow-six-siege-interview-future/#more-429663

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

lohli posted:

Pistols are split up into two groups, low damage + more bullets and high damage + fewer bullets.

You want more bullets if you tend to hipfire while praying for headshots, otherwise go for higher per-shot damage.

Yeah that sounds right. It's frustrating Blitz has a hipfire pistol but his gadget is about making it safe for him to ads

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Three cheers for Hard!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I mean, even I have to agree now that with the recent patch notes there is a diminished stimulus to complain.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
Is Fuze's LMG pretty viable? I actually have yet to use it, choosing his AK or shield instead. I figured it would be inaccurate or heavy on recoil. But I have recently watched some killcams of Fuze destroying me with it, so should I switch?

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Nickname Pending posted:

Is Fuze's LMG pretty viable? I actually have yet to use it, choosing his AK or shield instead. I figured it would be inaccurate or heavy on recoil. But I have recently watched some killcams of Fuze destroying me with it, so should I switch?

The LMG is always worthwhile.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Heran Bago posted:

Did you try uninstalling and then installing GeForce Experience?

Yes, I did a DDU wipe as well.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Nickname Pending posted:

It used to be garbage, now it might even be better than the AK, use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nickname Pending posted:

Fuze LMG is one of those weird ones where the best barrel attachment is the suppressor, which negates the pants-making GBS threads factor.

I want pistol sights if only so actually ADS the revolver will be remotely accurate; the irons are pretty awful.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

That is an absurd headshot. I would be upset.

I'm getting a lot of trash headshots/kills these days:
https://streamable.com/beoob
https://streamable.com/wloil
https://streamable.com/11jy7

also what the hell is this audio:
https://streamable.com/bwxzv

• Locked thread