Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

chumbler posted:

I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna watch Kemono Friends.

i gave it a shot. made it 3 minutes before realizing i'd have to watch 20 more minutes of it just to get through episode 1 and bailed.

i did not enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Just skip episode 1, in this gamer's opinion.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
i can politely say that it is "better than handshakers" but no more

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Srice posted:

Just skip episode 1, in this other gamer's opinion.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
yeah, ep 1 doesn't really haven much of anything good to recommend it, and there's not exactly a lot of context necessary to appreciate the later eps

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Xinder posted:

i gave it a shot. made it 3 minutes before realizing i'd have to watch 20 more minutes of it just to get through episode 1 and bailed.

i did not enjoy it.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

let me discuss how doctor who is bad by watching every episode of doctor who ever produced

same, but how lupin is good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
let me discuss how every tales game is good by playing every tales game ever released *dies playing tales of the tempest*

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/kSa0hve.jpg:nws:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 20, 2017

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

RIP Burbo

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The deepest depths of the hellish paradise of being probated

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
please don't bring casko into the leper's colony. why would you do that

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

*totally not a marketer voice* falcom games on sale on GoG, Berseria PS4 $20 off untill midnight PT on Bamco's store

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Colonel posted:

let me discuss how every tales game is good by playing every tales game ever released *dies playing tales of the tempest*

Was ToD2 any good? I always wanted to play it, since I like ToD 1 (and still own it, though I haven't played it in over a decade).

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/ktwfc/status/833620188725547008

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Droyer posted:

RIP Burbo

Hay Matoi, why did the pedophile in the Maid Dragon thread not get banned?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Make it FF6 and I'm sold.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

an actual dog posted:

Did anyone bother to report him?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Did anyone bother to report him?

Yes. I'm sure Matoi is working their way through their reports right now (he had circumstances that restricted his Internet access for a few days)

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Ah~

Honestly, I didn't bother to read his :words: so I didn't actually know he was a real creep. Just kind tuned all that poo poo out.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

an actual dog posted:

I can't believe i was right.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mister Macys posted:

Was ToD2 any good? I always wanted to play it, since I like ToD 1 (and still own it, though I haven't played it in over a decade).

haven't played it, i think it's supposed to have one of the worst plots in the series and pretty much just be an entire game of destiny 1 fanservice. as far as gameplay i think it's just tales of eternia with a grade system. i'd recommend playing tales of destiny dc for the ps2 instead cause it has really good combat, it implements a crazy amount of skits handled the same way as in later tales games, and it has any chance of getting an english fan translation patch released before 2019

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Droyer posted:

I can't believe i was right.

It should be pointed out mods only have the power to immediately give people a sixer. For more serve probations/bans, it has to be approved by an admin, so it can take a bit of time.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

Make it FF6 and I'm sold.

https://twitter.com/ktwfc/status/832169907999477762

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

neat

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Julias posted:

It should be pointed out mods only have the power to immediately give people a sixer. For more serve probations/bans, it has to be approved by an admin, so it can take a bit of time.

Yea I'll assume there's one in the pipeline.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

yeah, ep 1 doesn't really haven much of anything good to recommend it, and there's not exactly a lot of context necessary to appreciate the later eps

I still feel like Ep 1 has a few good bits, like when Serval is amazed at how Bag-chan got the map out of the box and starts pawing at it. I think they spent too much time on the Cerulean and Hippo isn't a very interesting Friend compared to the others they meet later. I don't know that I'd suggest skipping it entirely, maybe start at 2 and come back and watch it later. Or just put up with it since 2 and 3 are quite a bit better and it's only like 22 minutes of your time. :v:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

:neckbeard:

Is it an actual ROM hack? Where do I find this? Or is it just pixel art?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its definitely pixel art

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

cathead posted:

I still feel like Ep 1 has a few good bits, like when Serval is amazed at how Bag-chan got the map out of the box and starts pawing at it.

it's this

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

She seems cool.

Those pixel art Final Fantasy things rule.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Julias posted:

so i assume the burbo ban is on its way

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
it kinda seems like some people are trying to convince me still, but i feel pretty confident i've seen everything i want to see of kemono and i don't think skipping to episode two or skipping around episode 1 is going to change my mind and make me start liking it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Xinder posted:

it kinda seems like some people are trying to convince me still, but i feel pretty confident i've seen everything i want to see of kemono and i don't think skipping to episode two or skipping around episode 1 is going to change my mind and make me start liking it.
watch episode 2 motherfucker

eat the hell

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

I liked episode 3, Ibis was cool.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Xinder posted:

This is one of those cases where a large majority of people that like the show are saying to not bother with the first episode

But heck nobody is pointing a gun to your head either

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

its definitely pixel art

Oh well. Still cool.

I'm that guy that still wishes for a remake using the Ultra 64 concept graphics. :corsair:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I have only seen the first episode and I thought it was fine enough. I, being a child, learned some animal facts and that everyone is different. Some are good at some things and others are good at different things. Also hippos are friendly and caring, and very powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
Someone mentioned that they were doing a Katanagatari stream a while back, and it's just reminded me of something I meant to ask a while ago. I'm watching the series with a friend and I've just watched episode 4, and I'm wanting to know if the series picks up at some point. Episode 4 was a bit better than the rest, but the show in general is still pretty boring thus far - it takes forever for anything to happen in any given episode, the fight scenes end far too quickly, and the amount of time people spend talking before/during a fight is approaching Dragonball Z and Bleach levels of bad. It'd be fine if the dialogue was good, but it's not particularly entertaining most of the time either.

The show's decent enough that I'm not planning on dropping it, but given the amount of praise I usually see it get, I'm a little surprised to be enjoying it so little. Any particular episode where the show starts improving?

• Locked thread