Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Draw is a decent result but I wish all the teams above us would stop winning ffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Blue Star Error posted:

Draw is a decent result but I wish all the teams above us would stop winning ffs

:agreed:

littlejoey
Jan 7, 2017
6 extra minutes for Brighton ffs

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

loving reading

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Blue Star Error posted:

Felt fair tbh

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
gently caress Derby

Buggerlugs
Aug 27, 2003

"All right, Bellamy came on at Liverpool and did well, but everybody
thinks that he's the saviour, he's Jesus Christ. He's not Jesus Christ"
Gayle back, 4 points from Wolves and Norwich away? Brighton now dropping their arses because Huddersfield are on another run? Yep I'll take that no bother.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Not looking pretty for us, Barnsley away then Reading and Newcastle at home...grim.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

some clown on canary call saying jerome didn't work hard tonight lmao

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Whorelord posted:

some clown on canary call saying jerome didn't work hard tonight lmao

I can't listen to it. Its too cringeworthy. I mute Rob Butler at half time too cos he's such an anus.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Blue Star Error posted:

I can't listen to it. Its too cringeworthy. I mute Rob Butler at half time too cos he's such an anus.

It's the Hindenburg disaster of football radio shows

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
While I'm happy with a point at Brighton our only capable goal-scorer picked up a yellow that rules him out of the Norwich game. That game looked unpleasant to begin with but now just looks grim. I might just pretend football didn't exist for the next couple weeks and return to it pretending nothing happened.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Horse Inspector posted:

While I'm happy with a point at Brighton our only capable goal-scorer picked up a yellow that rules him out of the Norwich game. That game looked unpleasant to begin with but now just looks grim. I might just pretend football didn't exist for the next couple weeks and return to it pretending nothing happened.

The Flayer Method (TM)

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Its a funny old game but not funny enough for us to get into the playoffs now

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

We've handed out a thumping away at Brum which is a surprise. Still conceded a stupid late goal though, we were just 4 up instead of 1 for a change.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Main thing is One win Zola remains at only 1 win as Birmingham's Board glorious trolling of their own fan base continues.

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
We really should have beaten Leeds yesterday, and probably would have if not for Lawrence being suspended; but I'm not going to complain because that statement marks a huge improvement over a few weeks ago.

Speaking of Lawrence I can't understand why he's still at the club. He's a loaner from Leicester and has almost single-handedly lifted Ipswich out of the relegation fight with equal amounts of effort, ability and goals. Which seems like exactly what Leicester needs. Granted he wouldn't have the same impact in the prem but at least he can put the ball in the net which would be around a 3 million percent improvement, give or take.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

They probably contractually can't recall him, tends to be the way with season long loons.

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
Seems like you're right. From what I can find he can only be recalled if everyone agrees to it, everyone being Leicester, Ipswich and Lawrence himself.

This raises an interesting point for McCarthy if Leicester do ask. I can only assume that Lawrence would immediately say yes, but if McCarthy blocks it Leicester may be sufficiently pissed off to not do business with us in the future (provided they stay up). We rely very heavily on the loan system to actually field competitive teams due to financial issues, so it might be hard to close that door. I suppose it will depend on McCarthy's faith in the squad to not get in to trouble the rest of the season.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Horse Inspector posted:

Seems like you're right. From what I can find he can only be recalled if everyone agrees to it, everyone being Leicester, Ipswich and Lawrence himself.
You cannot recall half-season loans, and season-long loans can only be recalled in the January window (either by way of a recall clause or with agreement of all parties as you mentioned). The only time you can recall outside of the window is for a goalkeeper if you don't have two fit/eligible goalkeepers.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Horse Inspector posted:

This raises an interesting point for McCarthy if Leicester do ask. I can only assume that Lawrence would immediately say yes, but if McCarthy blocks it Leicester may be sufficiently pissed off to not do business with us in the future (provided they stay up). We rely very heavily on the loan system to actually field competitive teams due to financial issues, so it might be hard to close that door. I suppose it will depend on McCarthy's faith in the squad to not get in to trouble the rest of the season.

Something close to that scenario happened this season with Beccles Boy Chris Martin. Loaned to Fulham because Nigel Pearson didn't fancy him, then Pearson gets sacked and Steve McClaren gets his old job back and Martin fancies going home to Schteve, so goes on strike. Fulham say "lol no" and now he's stuck there until the end of the season. Although I think he's stopped being in a huff now.

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005

Tunga posted:

You cannot recall half-season loans, and season-long loans can only be recalled in the January window (either by way of a recall clause or with agreement of all parties as you mentioned). The only time you can recall outside of the window is for a goalkeeper if you don't have two fit/eligible goalkeepers.

aaaah thank you for clearing that up for me.

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Goal of the season right there

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i forgot we were playing tonight lol. my dad is at the match

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Jose you're a disgrace smdh

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Enjoying Lansibury getting booed every touch

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Lansibury is a fraud and I'm lolling

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Haha Lansbury

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back

Steves Asleep posted:

Haha Lansbury

biggest cheer of the night!

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Extremely cool

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Steves Asleep posted:

Jose you're a disgrace smdh

got distracted by the arsenal match

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
Did I miss Villa going a man down? Absolutely piss poor

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

That's a nasty one for Hogan, looks like he dislocated it

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

That's a nasty one for Hogan, looks like he dislocated it

Yeah he is likely to be out for the rest of the season, its the last thing Villa needed.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

all deserved for gayle getting injured again imo

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

No wins in 9 for Villa. Will Steve Bruce survive the season?

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Blue Star Error posted:

No wins in 9 for Villa. Will Steve Bruce survive the season?

Looking at the Villa forums not a chance. But nobody who is better than Bruce will take the job on, well maybe Redknapp as he is doing relatively gently caress all at the moment and there is a lot of money going at Villa.

Villa are hosed though now, with hardly any strikers left and a squad that doesn't seem to give a poo poo about each other its really not looking good. Survival is going to depend on the teams lower than them having a really bad remainder of the season.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

6 points off the drop!

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

ukle posted:

Yeah he is likely to be out for the rest of the season, its the last thing Villa needed.

They'll have to tag in the Macho Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Remember when Owen Coyle was a premier league manager?

• Locked thread