Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
didn't you know lightning strikes thrice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Or not at all, for some of us.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

KDdidit posted:

For some reason I had a good feeling I'd get Emperor on the banner. Do the 1/2 pull, gold turns to rainbow...

A 3rd Lightning? What the hell?

Welcome to the club. Well, except for the not getting Emperor part.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Wanted to fish a bit for an Artemios or Leon with 5 tickets.
4* Sabin
Rydia
Medius
Medius
3*->4*->5* Ace

...That'll do pig.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Exvius decided to smile upon me with the new banner. One ticket to get Leon (the main thing I wanted. Just need that TM for Luneth)
Figured that was great luck, but still don't have C. Luna. So threw a ticket at the V-Day banner. It started blue which was good for Luna, went gold which made me worry. Then went rainbow.
My 2nd ever 5* Base! It was Marie. Not my #1 pick. But she seems like she'll have some really good uses later on.

After 3 tickets on FF2 and one more on V-Day I got my C. Luna and a Guy.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
Just started playing and pulled a 5* Emperor with 4* Leon/Refia/Chizuru.

I noticed the awakening bundle for the Emperor and was wondering if that took him to 6* and if it is worth the 2500 lupis?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Rubicon posted:

I noticed the awakening bundle for the Emperor and was wondering if that took him to 6* and if it is worth the 2500 lupis?

Not if your new. Just play through the story, you'll level him up in good time. Save that Lapis for end game TM macro grinding.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Rubicon posted:

As it stands, Emperor will get Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga, and Aeroga at level 3. These will carry you for a long way. Buying the package will take him pretty much straight to 6 star level 100, but it will also make the game boring as gently caress until you get to the endgame, essentially.

Emperor, Refia, and Chizuru is the core of a good endgame team, so don't worry about it too much and just play. Leon you'll replace eventually, but is perfectly serviceable until you get more 6 star capable characters.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
okay, this fight is kinda bullshit if you are trying for the not white magic route and don't have one of the healers that heal through abilities

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Pulled 2 Leons, kind of want to pull for a third to make Butz da man, but I also didn't pull a Randi or a Delita and that makes me sad. I also want a 3rd guy because 3 of his TM on Refia just sound amazing. Ideally I'd want another 3/4 for WoL or Cecil too.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Pulled 2 Leons, kind of want to pull for a third to make Butz da man, but I also didn't pull a Randi or a Delita and that makes me sad. I also want a 3rd guy because 3 of his TM on Refia just sound amazing. Ideally I'd want another 3/4 for WoL or Cecil too.

Leon's TM doesn't stack.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Just pulled 2 rainbows from an 11 pull chasing leon.
Freya (gently caress)
Emperor! Well, ok then. (still no leon)

Edit: Holy loving hell, can I just get leon. 4 golds in a row doing ticket pulls: chiz, kefka, agrias, chiz. Finally got him after 28 tickets + the 11 pull. Highlights include my first miyuki, 5th zidane, 2nd ingus and enough off banner golds I lost track. Best was pulling a 3* Medius, then immediately a 4* one. Fuckers got smashed together so fast.

At least with both miyuki and leon my gilgamesh should be in the 800 club (at 778 with excalibur and chirijiraden), plus maxwell is at 85% TM. Ugh, well that was harder than I expected.

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Feb 20, 2017

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Victis posted:

Leon's TM doesn't stack.

It does in JP.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Does anyone else have a problem with the daily quests resetting? For some reason the exploration quests one makes me do 3 every time. It'll complete, I can go and accept it. But if I exit the menu and go back it says 1/2.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I was super lucky and got Leon on my first pull, Guy on my second. I don't give a care about getting Emperor so I stopped pulling, and Leon and Guy both have dope TMs.

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!
Wow, I pulled a single ticket on the FF2 banner hoping for a Leon (but mostly just for the heck of it) and out pops Lightning! This is extra great news for me since I don't have a single Zidane to my name, and Lightning comes with dual wield built in.

So now I'm sitting on a brand spanking new Lighting and a little over 100% worth of Trust Moogles I've been hoarding. Should I keep waiting on Zidane, or cash them in on something that will help make my Lighting better (macroing is a no-go for me)? And for that matter, what ARE the best TM rewards for a Lightning? What will get me the best bang for my buck, since Trust Moogles are not exactly easy to come by?

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Pulled my half-price, got my first rainbow! It's...Lenna!!!

:negative:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

anyone who argues that people might quit this game over gacha poo poo to go play fe heroes either doesnt play fe heroes or, i dont know. i enjoy the game just fine but the gacha is not friendly over there. there are worse gacha for sure but that game doesnt do anything really well other than have the words "fire emblem" and "nintendo" involved.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's really boring is the thing.

Reading the 2.0 update, is it bad if the thing I'm most excited for are those ring recipes? I used Chinese new year (and a flu) to hoard as many megacrysts as possible in anticipation for this. And yay for Odin, can't wait to immediately max him out.

Also been using this downtime to finish all the Lapis missions, up to 11K now and I still have half of Olderion to go.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Vax posted:

It does in JP.

Do we have confirmation on whether or not it stacks on global?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So it got lost in the conversation, do any JP players know what they meant about bonus friend stats based on usage in the update discussion they had recently?

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!

WebDO posted:

So it got lost in the conversation, do any JP players know what they meant about bonus friend stats based on usage in the update discussion they had recently?

As far as I know there's nothing like that in the JP version. What they DO have is a reward based on how many times your character was summoned the day before: you get a handful of stamina +10 potions (that are actual items, so you can stock them up and use them at will) and a small bonus to gained xp and gold. The game also keeps track of how many times a given friend has summoned your character (I guess so you can be that jerk who kicks people for not using your Bedile enough), so its possible that there's something like that going on under the hood? I haven't noticed it at least. In any case it does look like the game is keeping track of who has summoned whom, so in theory global should be able to implement something like that once they're patched up to whatever version of the game started tracking that info.

It does make me wonder what's going on inside Gumi, though. On the one hand, they seem to be kept far away from touching anything involving licensed characters, but on the other they can drop a half dozen new 5* base characters and new skills or even whole new game mechanics with little forethought. Oh well, maybe one day the Japanese HQ will realize there's more money to be had in releasing a Halloween Traffic Cone Orlandu.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

NinjaDebugger posted:

wiki is saying it doesn't.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Boo on that not stacking. I guess with 2 Leons I'll just bust out 1 at double speed then. I wish it was a bit more clear why that ability wouldn't stack and something like Letters and Arms does.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

NinjaDebugger posted:

Does Dark Fina's stack in JP? Because it doesn't in GL, and it's basically the same thing, except for MAG instead of ATK

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Chasing Leon with tickets:

Oh sweet could it be....

Oh motherfuck....

:psyduck:

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Cartoon Man posted:

Chasing Leon with tickets:

Oh sweet could it be....

Oh motherfuck....

:psyduck:

It's like seeing my future...

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Some of those release notes for the upcoming update seem really nice upgrades.

A free 10+1 (why not call it 11) pull for a week seems over the top for 2million download celebration

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

hagie posted:

A free 10+1 (why not call it 11) pull for a week seems over the top for 2million download celebration

The 11 pull guarantees a 4* right? and with the new changes it'll be a true 4*.

I'm actually genuinely excited to see what the thread comes up with. It'll either be a week of amazing pulls, or a week of terrible sadness and quitting.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

hagie posted:

Its because the +1 is a guaranteed gold or better.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Is the Gilgamesh trial coming with the update? I couldn't find a concrete answer about it anywhere?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

hamsystem posted:

Is the Gilgamesh trial coming with the update? I couldn't find a concrete answer about it anywhere?

Doesn't look like it. They probably would have mentioned it along with the other release notes.

I'm really shocked we're getting the summon change pre-Orlandu. I wonder if he's going to get nerfed and that's why they're not worried about it.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

PaybackJack posted:

Doesn't look like it. They probably would have mentioned it along with the other release notes.

I'm really shocked we're getting the summon change pre-Orlandu. I wonder if he's going to get nerfed and that's why they're not worried about it.

I'd say he's far more likely to get heavily delayed to a point in the game where he isn't a huge power increase. After another month or two, he will be far less of an OP unit versus the new stuff coming out.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
This players choice thing is probably where I should roll hard right? I'd imaging like Noctis/Zidane up on the top already.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Drakes posted:

This players choice thing is probably where I should roll hard right? I'd imaging like Noctis/Zidane up on the top already.

I'd normally say to never roll for a 5*. But Noctis is good. And even when damage passes him by, he will be utility for a long time.
And if you fail, you get a bunch of Zidanes. Its win-win.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Peachfart posted:

I'd normally say to never roll for a 5*. But Noctis is good. And even when damage passes him by, he will be utility for a long time.
And if you fail, you get a bunch of Zidanes. Its win-win.

I would guess that the Player's Choice banner will probably be the best overall banner to pull from for a long time. Probably until Tidus/Rikku, assuming they're still together on the same banner (I wouldn't put it past Gumi to split them). Not only that, but everyone novices and veterans alike can benefit from a first or another Noctis, and any more Zidanes up to 5.

Despite how awesome Orlandeau would be, I'm considering waiting for that Tidus/Rikku banner at this point. That way I can pull for the 4* but be happy if I get the 5*.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

WebDO posted:

This is the friend unit bonus system that JP currently has. I assume ours will be the same.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/friendlevel

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
If I could get a Noctis or Lightning I would be soooo happy.

Guess I will deal with the Luka I just ripped with that community event freebie we got.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Fiss posted:

This is the friend unit bonus system that JP currently has. I assume ours will be the same.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/friendlevel

Do the bonuses apply only to your leader unit, or your whole crew? It seems if just the leader, they could become amazingly stronger; if only the leader though why even have an XP bonus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I tried to roll a JP account just to see what it was like but rerolling is too complicated and annoying to bother with :negative: which is a shame because they give you a ton of lapis and tickets for your first roll. But I did take one 5000 lapis roll and didn't get a rainbow crystal. Does JP not guarantee a rainbow if you do that? I hope they don't remove that for global.

• Locked thread