Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The best resolution to the tobias harris saga was scott skiles coaching harris again and quitting in the middle of the season. He hates harris that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

BWV posted:

Vivek's new market inefficiency is ignoring relevant variables when assessing market value. A true thought leader doesn't care about what the market values now but what it will value tomorrow. Kings fans may be mad now but they still get to wake up tomorrow knowing they are in the prescient hands of a true visionary

I work for a largish software company. This is by no means new.

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002
Well, Steve Kerr has done a great job of managing minutes and the team. Remember that D'Antoni only ever played 6 guys, so by the time the playoffs rolled around, they weren't the same. Also, defense.

I'm surprised that the Suns team with Joe Johnson-Nash-Amare-Marion wasn't kept together, and I wonder how they would have done with a better coach. Or if Amare would have ever gone to college to learn how to box someone out and be in the right place defensively.

I don't think replacing Nash with Steph would have led any of those Suns teams to a title.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

So I can actually believe that the trade market was killed by Cousins' agent, and that makes sense. But then don't trade him right now? Wait until other teams feel brave enough to call his bluff, or if Cousins himself changes his mind. You had time.

It's just funny Vlade complaining about them being snakes literally days after lying to their face about not trading Cousins

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

It really sounds like Vivek's boner for Buddy Hield is what caused this. For them to stop taking calls from other teams is...really something.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
That Suns team is one of the great what ifs relating to the owner being cheap. Could have kept Joe Johnson and drafted Deng or Iguodala to go with everyone.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Lockback posted:

I work for a largish software company. This is by no means new.

tech speak is the worst and I'm embarrassed I can speak it. The key is saying absolutely nothing while pretending it's profound. Throw in some inversions of verbs ("the key isn't to be the thing, its the thing to be") and you're all set.
Looking forward to this gently caress clown losing a million games but I'm sorry WhyteRyce has to deal with this poo poo. He's been awesome for as long as I've been here and I'm not loving around when I say my first thought after I heard about the trade was him jk i thought lol wtf the kings are so dumb

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Tae posted:

The best resolution to the tobias harris saga was scott skiles coaching harris again and quitting in the middle of the season. He hates harris that much.

Tobias is Scott Skiles's nemesis. The cause for his downfall

Who would have thought a tweener forward bucket maker and aggressive after his own jumper offensive rebounder could drive a man mad

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I love watching Tobias Harris play. He's super underrated and is gritty like a mother fucker. Scott Skiles is a boner and is too angry to be a good coach

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
I was glad when I heard To "Len" Bias Harris was getting out of Magic City.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Lol it literally was Buddy or Bust

http://twitter.com/kevinoconnornba/status/833850931171250178

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
You had the 8th pick in the draft. Buddy was taken 6th. If you were seriously bewitched by him why didn't you make a deal then.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Spring Break My Heart posted:

You had the 8th pick in the draft. Buddy was taken 6th. If you were seriously bewitched by him why didn't you make a deal then.

Bill Simmons claimed Boston couldn't get them to answer calls during the draft, so they probably were worried about spys.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

The SituAsian posted:

How much better are the Kings in the alternate universe where the financial collapse never happens and George Maloof becomes the new Sheldon Adelson?

I don't think the Kings becoming an instrument of apartheid would be a good thing, but that's just me.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Femur posted:

Bill Simmons claimed Boston couldn't get them to answer calls during the draft, so they probably were worried about spys.

Yeah, Boston seemed like they wanted out of that #3 spot. I was going to say they would have taken #8 and a protected 2017 but I don't think the Kings could offer that with all the 2017 contingencies already. Actually, not sure what the Kings could have offered to move up.....

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Another wrinkle in the potential Lakers deal is that Cousin's agent is Dan Fegan who the Lakers really don't want to deal with again unless they absolutely have to.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Sacramento has to be poison for any young player or free agent, like how could Vlade say that agents hosed this up lol

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Rick posted:

Another wrinkle in the potential Lakers deal is that Cousin's agent is Dan Fegan who the Lakers really don't want to deal with again unless they absolutely have to.

Fegan is also Anthony Davis' agent which means either a) he will help convince Boogie to stay in Nola or b) he will now hold the Pelicans to ransom with both of his star clients demands.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

tanglewood1420 posted:

Fegan is also Anthony Davis' agent which means either a) he will help convince Boogie to stay in Nola or b) he will now hold the Pelicans to ransom with both of his star clients demands.

He's also Casspi's agent which is starting to make me think Divac has a point about agents

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Who knew drafting Buddy would pay such dividends so quickly?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
No kidding. Foolish me for thinking they were dumb for picking him over Murray.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
https://gfycat.com/VigilantTeemingHen

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Archive this thread now so that in 6 years we can laugh at ourselves mocking the trade for finals MVP Buddy

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

I'm whatever defensive scheme BMac and DC7 are playing

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

tanglewood1420 posted:

What ransom? It's not like the team's not gonna pay them.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hahaha so that better offer was from the Pels that's great

https://twitter.com/ailene_voisin/status/833861093843808256

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Two Tone Shoes posted:

What ransom? It's not like the team's not gonna pay them.

Man good luck. If just paying his clients was enough to satisfy Fegan the Lakers would look a lot different right now (although, possibly not better).

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It tracks that the only better offer also had to have Buddy in it

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

24 hours since one of the dumbest trades in NBA history and we are still getting new details about how bad a negotiator Vlade is

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

WHY IS IT TOP THREE PROTECTED

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spoeank posted:

Top 3 protected indefinitely the way Vlade described it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hey Kibner, I just thought of something. What if CP3 returns to NOLA in free agency and wins one there with AD and Boogie? :allears:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I mean, the one and only team Vlade was negotiating with said "oh that's new information that is concerning, we are going to lower our offer now" and Vlade loving bought it. His whole "agents fucks things up" excuse implied that someone like Phoenix or Portland just walked away and this is all that was left. This is just Vlade falling for the first thing a car dealer does when you discuss your trade in, and he was too in love with that Hyundai Accent to walk away or call the bluff

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 21, 2017

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Spoeank posted:

Probably because Boogie wouldn't commit to resigning.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Hey Kibner, I just thought of something. What if CP3 returns to NOLA in free agency and wins one there with AD and Boogie? :allears:

Everyone is happy. Most fans I've met weren't even particularly mad about CP3, and those that were seemed to quickly forget when the deal ended up with us getting AD.

If CP3 got to ride off into the sunset winning one for New Orleans in his final stint that'd be some fairy tale level poo poo.

The only downside is we'd lose Jrue, who I love (though I think Kibner's always just been lukewarm on Jrue).

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ok, which FO has a SA account. Or is this dokmo
https://twitter.com/ringer/status/833870547675144192

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Feb 21, 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Dokmo, probably

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Probably because Boogie wouldn't commit to resigning.

So 1.5 seasons of Boogie ain't enough leverage for Vlade eh

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

this is so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

straight up brolic posted:

Nice little wrinkle in this is Boogie getting to work with Alvin Gentry. DAJ improved immensely while he was our OC and he perfected Boguts role in the Warriors offense. Really good at putting bigs in the right position tactically

Also working Shaq into the SSoL offense.

Mr. BT posted:

Well, Steve Kerr has done a great job of managing minutes and the team. Remember that D'Antoni only ever played 6 guys, so by the time the playoffs rolled around, they weren't the same. Also, defense.

I'm surprised that the Suns team with Joe Johnson-Nash-Amare-Marion wasn't kept together, and I wonder how they would have done with a better coach. Or if Amare would have ever gone to college to learn how to box someone out and be in the right place defensively.

I don't think replacing Nash with Steph would have led any of those Suns teams to a title.

Lol D'antoni is a bad coach and why don't these players reap the benefits of A Real College Education and the Opportunity to Grow and Learn from a College Coach in the same post.

• Locked thread