Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

where are you guys seeing this trade speculation? or is just forum speculation?

We are speculating entirely because Isaiah Thomas tweeted the 👀 emoji

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think that, like, Avery Bradley would be good return for the Knicks at this point

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Honestly, they could probably swing deals for Carmelo AND Butler, if they so desired.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Libertine posted:

What would the Celtics trade for Melo? I can't even figure out what Melo's worth is presently.

Judging from the market set by Cousins, Melo will be traded for a 2nd rounder, Amir Johnson, Gerald Green, and James Young. Also the Knicks will probably have to kick in another player like Willy Hernangomez.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

roundmidnight posted:

Honestly, they could probably swing deals for Carmelo AND Butler, if they so desired.

Danny Ainge would much rather sit in his fort made of future picks and rights and potential than actually make moves though

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Celtics just followed Melo on IG. 2017, what a year to be alive

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
My sense is that the market for Carmelo is basically nonexistent, even in a vacuum where the Boogie deal didn't just happen I don't think there's a ton of interest. Knicks will have to learn to live with him or accept something that's basically a salary dump.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
Danny Ainge furiously working the phones to make sure Boston's social media accounts start following Melo

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

Spoeank posted:

Danny Ainge would much rather sit in his fort made of future picks and rights and potential than actually make moves though

I have a vision that that fort of picks looks very much like a pillow fort and he is just chilling inside there with sign outside no boogies allowed

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

xbilkis posted:

I don't think the "just followed" part of the Instagram thing is real; everyone's just tweeting a screenshot that shows the Celtics follow Melo

They also follow Danny Green

I hear what you're saying...

candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point

xbilkis posted:

They also follow Danny Green

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/833862292529778689

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Who was the eastern ASG coach
Brad Stevens
Who was on the eastern ASG team
Melo

Coonect the dots people

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

:stare:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

griffin to boston
melo to LAC
pierce to new york BOOK IT

(new york also trades away a 2035 first)

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Houston is also possibly trading their all star wing

quote:

Houston is chasing a win-now move, sources say, and may send out K.J. McDaniels as the sweetener. McDaniels doesn't play, mostly because of a busted jumper.

Here's that Zach Lowe article the RealGM thing is rehashing: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18727231/zach-lowe-jimmy-butler-boston-celtics-latest-nba-trade-deadline-talk

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The Lowe article that report is from makes it out to be pretty unlikely that the Clippers would trade Griffin (or that the Pacers would trade George, for that matter)

quote:

They have talked intermittently with the Clippers about Blake Griffin in recent weeks, per several league sources, but a deal is extremely unlikely. Griffin will be a free agent this summer, and Boston would probably need official permission to talk to him about his future -- a concession Minnesota allowed Cleveland before the Kevin Love trade. The Clips would ask for a bounty, starting with Jae Crowder and one of the Avery Bradley/Marcus Smart duo, plus picks, per league sources.

Indiana continues to reject any calls about George, per several league sources. They are banking on the new CBA to help retain George; if he makes the All-NBA team this season, they could offer him the new designated mega-extension before he even hits free agency -- a super-rich contract no rival could approach.

If "picks" can be satisfied without one of the Brooklyn picks, that seems like a pretty reasonable package for Blake, although he's a rental

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18727231/zach-lowe-jimmy-butler-boston-celtics-latest-nba-trade-deadline-talk

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Isaiah Thomas tweets an emoji and within an hour we've had rumors the Celtics are trading for Paul George, Jimmy Butler, Carmelo Anthony, and Blake Griffin.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

danny ainge the madman! You're telling me he's going to get jimmy melo blake AND paul george

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Jota posted:

Isaiah Thomas tweets an emoji and within an hour we've had rumors the Celtics are trading for Paul George, Jimmy Butler, Carmelo Anthony, and Blake Griffin.

The most 2k of moves

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Jota posted:

The nba is the greatest

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
All the best NBA Twitter nights start with just one emoji.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2017/2/17/14652594/nba-trade-rumors-pistons-magic-lakers-lou-williams-reggie-jackson-dj-augustin

I like this fake rumor, Reggie Jackson, first round pick for Mario Hezonja and Elfrid Payton, and Dj Augustin goes to the lakers, Lou to the Magic

or something liket that

We could cut Elfrid's hair and see what happens and Mario is just waiting to blossom into the next Vince Carter

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Thomas is on that game of thrones master of whispers poo poo right now

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Lol

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

I'm not crazy about either of those guys on the Celtics. Boogie would have been perfect and Boston is kicking themselves for not trying to swing a 3 way trade to get Buddy "Steph" Hield over to Sacramento right now.

Depends on who they give up I guess but they already run a weird lineup because they don't have two starting quality bigs. Getting George or Butler at the 3 instead of their current 3 guard lineups would be a gigantic defensive bonus, and Marcus Smart is garbage on offense anyway. Anytime they're running Horford/Crawford/Smart/Bradley/Thomas their d is trash cause no one can guard big wings.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

The most 2k of moves

the next 2k better include a twitter posting simulator or theyve failed to adapt to our era

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

DeimosRising posted:

Depends on who they give up I guess but they already run a weird lineup because they don't have two starting quality bigs.

Wait, the Celtics? Are you just saying they don't have a decent PF or something?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Dejan Bimble posted:

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2017/2/17/14652594/nba-trade-rumors-pistons-magic-lakers-lou-williams-reggie-jackson-dj-augustin

I like this fake rumor, Reggie Jackson, first round pick for Mario Hezonja and Elfrid Payton, and Dj Augustin goes to the lakers, Lou to the Magic

or something liket that

We could cut Elfrid's hair and see what happens and Mario is just waiting to blossom into the next Vince Carter

I would really prefer the Lakers keep Lou if the alternative is trading for Augustin

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

The Glumslinger posted:

I would really prefer the Lakers keep Lou if the alternative is trading for Augustin

The Lakers need losses like a man iin the desert needs water. Lou is playing too well. Swaggy P as well

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I've kind of turned over to not wanting to trade Lou unless it's to a title contender (because that's the neighborly thing to do) or a first coming THIS SEASON is involved (I kind of can't believe that his value has gone up that much over the course of the season but hey, it seems to be consistently reported). Considering how bad the free agency is going to be next year Lou Williams might just be a better fit than anyone the Lakers could conceivably get on the market.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Tae posted:

Wait, the Celtics? Are you just saying they don't have a decent PF or something?

Right now they play Horford at C, then Amir Johnson and Kelly Olynyk play 20 minutes apiece. Jae Crowder, who's only 6'6", frequently plays at the 4 for them.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dejan Bimble posted:

The Lakers need losses like a man iin the desert needs water. Lou is playing too well. Swaggy P as well

Lou Williams is secretly the reason the Lakers lose a lot of nights. They often come out of the gate sharing the ball and running Luke's offense and scoring a lot of points but then it's time to go to the bench and they never really get back into the flow after his ISO watch. A more veteran team could probably incorporate that rather than be taken over by it but the Lakers are not that.

He's like, also the reason they win some nights too.

He causes a lot of fan turmoil.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18729556/minnesota-timberwolves-approach-new-york-knicks-derrick-rose

Wolves asking about Rose.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/833880428922753024

https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status/833881760287047682

Current Lit Status: It's

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Gross

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Thibs derailing the promising Wolves rebuild because he needs His Guys would be a great twist

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Oh Aaron Gordon why couldn't you have just done this dunk then Intel wouldn't have blown all that money on a wet fart

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQwh3nABB9q/

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I would say something glib about the Lakers being smart by not giving him full basketball control but when you're staring down a loaded gun that is Magic Johnson really anything sounds better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Why the gently caress would anyone want D Rose? Have the Knicks just been stockpiling a bunch of moody gold to swap for the multi team motherlode asset deal? The rumors are too insane today

• Locked thread