Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Internet Kraken posted:

What I don't get about that Garrison is why he's calling out McCain for wanting to go to war with Iran, cause that is totally something Trump's cabinet wants to do.

Garrison is not very bright. He still hasn't figured out Hillary being a war hungry psycho who would nuke Russia and Trump being a strong wise sagely peaceful man was a lie.

He'll flip on a dime as soon as he's told to, but he hasn't figured out for himself that Trump wants war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Starving Wolf posted:

quote:

It’s time for John McCain to retire. It’s long past due.

Forget what you read about McCain on Wikipedia and other state-sponsored sites. His history has been sanitized and covered up by the globalists.

Here we have a man whose powerful, 4-star admiral father made sure he got many undeserved breaks in life. He grew up as a smart assed, entitled brat. McCain finished 894th out of 899 at the Naval Academy. He said he enjoyed being off-duty more than flying. He drove a fast car, chased women and gambled. He fancied himself as a ‘maverick.'

He recklessly crashed several planes because he enjoyed being a daredevil. His flying record should have gotten him tossed out of the military, but he knew he was immune due to his powerful connections. He wet-started his jet engine as a jape and it caused the plane behind him to fire a missile. McCain quickly dropped his bombs and ran below decks—never bothering to help in the fire-fighting effort. His bombs exploded and almost sunk the Forrestal. 134 sailors were killed and a helicopter whisked McCain away because many in the crew wanted his scalp.

He sang like a bird while being a POW in Vietnam and disclosed highly classified information to his captors. To be sure, he did suffer broken bones and was bayonetted upon his capture, but when the North Vietnamese realized they had an Admiral’s son, he received special treatment. When he returned to America, he cruelly divorced his wife, who was hospitalized for a long while after a car accident. He then married a rich woman who could fund his political ambitions. Once in power, he then systematically voted against veterans and MIAs.

Trump was right to speak out against McCain, and now the senator harbors a grudge. The anti-vet, warmongering McCain needs to retire before he causes more grief.

—Ben Garrison

Wow, Bee Gee, you really showed that McCain fellow what for! he won't be showing HIS nose here again anytime soon!
*Trump's entire cabinet explodes due to incompetence in the background, demons emerge from the ground and begin eating the innocent*
Yep, with him gone we can finally be free to make America great again, boy howdy!

Wait wait wait...So the right-wing is suddenly against womanizing assholes who use daddy's power and money to get ahead in life? And we're ignoring which party wrote all of that legislation that is "against veterans and MIAs"?

Jesus christ, Zyklon Ben needs to change his name to Whiplash Ben.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

SexyBlindfold posted:

Prove me wrong Benny my boy I beg of you :unsmigghh:
This is Good

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I think the logic behind the idea of "Clinton will get us into wars, Trump won't" while ignoring all the everything Trump's doing is that Clinton would get us into wars because she's an aggressive warhawk (which would make the fault ours), whereas Trump would get us into wars because he's a belligerent idiot who'll posture and bellow and piss off the rest of the world until they all go "y'know what, gently caress those guys" (which would make the fault theirs somehow).

Because apparently a war doesn't count if it got started because of American bluster or something? I dunno, there's only so much of this seven dimensional pretzel I can try to wrap my head around at once.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Garrison's subconscious is clearly making a cry for help with that post. He doesn't want to support Trump, but...pull too strong...can't resist...the hat is...in control now.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Lord Hydronium posted:

Garrison's subconscious is clearly making a cry for help with that post. He doesn't want to support Trump, but...pull too strong...can't resist...the hat hair is...in control now.

FTFY

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

MechaCrash posted:

I think the logic behind the idea of "Clinton will get us into wars, Trump won't" while ignoring all the everything Trump's doing is that Clinton would get us into wars because she's an aggressive warhawk (which would make the fault ours), whereas Trump would get us into wars because he's a belligerent idiot who'll posture and bellow and piss off the rest of the world until they all go "y'know what, gently caress those guys" (which would make the fault theirs somehow).

Because apparently a war doesn't count if it got started because of American bluster or something? I dunno, there's only so much of this seven dimensional pretzel I can try to wrap my head around at once.

"the system will work against Trump, the system will work with Clinton" is probably what the logic was

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Farking Bastage posted:

Eastern Promises? He gets the living gently caress beat out of him and stabbed and poo poo.

So Trump is going to be murdered by the truth, an optimistic cartoon?

:chanpop:

I feel like we haven't had a good pee-pee-doo-doo in a while.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
So, one month in from Trump's rise to power, how about we tally how right-wing cartoonists have reacted? Here's the ones I can recall, please add/correct if necessary:

Mostly haven't bought it:
- Beeler

Only partially bought it:
- Benson
- Delonas

Bought it:
- Lester
- McCoy
- Summers
- Bok
- McKee

Bought it hook, line, sinker, fishing rod, fishing boat, pier and boat rental shack:
- Garrison

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

whomupclicklike posted:

Wait does Ben Garrison actually believe that Wikipedia is a "state-sponsored" site?

Well...we're all living in...some state.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

FaradayCage posted:

Well...we're all living in...some state.

I'm living in a state of misery.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SexyBlindfold posted:

So, one month in from Trump's rise to power, how about we tally how right-wing cartoonists have reacted?

Stantallie had a breakdown (interspersed with some equivocating and weak shots at Democrats) before going into open rebellion against Trump and are still at it last I saw.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010
E: double post.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_Anna_Politkovskaya

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

SexyBlindfold posted:

So, one month in from Trump's rise to power, how about we tally how right-wing cartoonists have reacted? Here's the ones I can recall, please add/correct if necessary:

The only two I can think of off the top of my head.

- Payne

Bought it hook, line, sinker, fishing rod, fishing boat, pier and boat rental shack:
- Branco

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

logger posted:

You see according to the Bible there was no sin before the fall, and one of the products of a sinful world is disease, so look how crazy those Old-Earth Creationists are for thinking there was cancer before Adam and Eve ate the apple and were banished from Eden.
So for the sake of making an argument he's choosing to believe (or talk as if he believes) that THIS part of the fossil record is correct, when clearly he doesn't believe in it at all because that would invalidate his views.

Arguing against an Old-Earth Creationist by using the loving fossil record is only an attack on the religious aspect, not the scientific aspect. This is the sort of argument you'd see coming from a secular scientist VS an Old-Earth Creationist. If anything he's destroying his own beliefs more than theirs.

SexyBlindfold posted:

- Garrison
Branco too. So many people mocked Trump claiming his presidency was a "well oiled machine", but Branco just drew it exactly as he claimed -- and it was running over Democrats and DUMB HILLARY to boot!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

SexyBlindfold posted:

Prove me wrong Benny my boy I beg of you :unsmigghh:

Is Milo facing any actual consequences for it quite yet, though?

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Vib Rib posted:

So for the sake of making an argument he's choosing to believe (or talk as if he believes) that THIS part of the fossil record is correct, when clearly he doesn't believe in it at all because that would invalidate his views.

Arguing against an Old-Earth Creationist by using the loving fossil record is only an attack on the religious aspect, not the scientific aspect. This is the sort of argument you'd see coming from a secular scientist VS an Old-Earth Creationist. If anything he's destroying his own beliefs more than theirs.

Branco too. So many people mocked Trump claiming his presidency was a "well oiled machine", but Branco just drew it exactly as he claimed -- and it was running over Democrats and DUMB HILLARY to boot!

The belief of the organization he does the cartooning for is Answers in Genesis. They feel their faith is being undermined not only by science, but by Christians that do not take every word of the Bible literally. If something appears that goes against their worldview and there is no way they could explain it they twist it so it falls in line with their worldview.

The answer they give for why there are no dinosaurs currently and why there is a fossil layer in the first place is that they all were wiped out in Noah's flood and the fossils were seeded how they are in a one time act of God, which is why you don't see any modern animals in the same strata as the dinosaurs. It doesn't matter to them if nothing could provide proof for that because the Bible says there was no death before the fall so dinosaurs couldn't have died out before humans existed, and are you going to believe the word of God or the scientists that say otherwise.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Regalingualius posted:

His invitation to speak at CSPAC was taken back.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

His invitation to speak at CSPAC was taken back.

Which, believe it or not, is a big deal. At least to Milo, since it's costing him exposure.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Regalingualius posted:

He got canned for CPAC, lost his big book deal, and might get kicked from Brietbart.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

^ahh dang

Also he lost his book deal.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

Nah, he's attacking the fossil record too. All his biblical cites are about the Fall and how death came into the world through man. It's literally "believing in fossils = doubting the literal truth of the Bible = doubting the universal love of God = not being a Christian".

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This is the first time Milo has gotten any sort of mainstream recognition and now its blowing up in his face. He'll probably retain his loyal fanbase of idiots but any aspirations he had to be more than a cult personality for idiots on the internet is gone.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

These are the horrible moments as a US citizen where I realize my absolute best argument for Right of Return is for... Belarus.

Yeah, not really an improvement, gently caress me.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Half of the Brietbart writers are threatening to quit if Milo isn't canned. Dude's career is probably over at this point.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

These are the horrible moments as a US citizen where I realize my absolute best argument for Right of Return is for... Belarus.

Yeah, not really an improvement, gently caress me.

Batka needs you

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

- Branco

Branco is worse than Garrison. Garrison is a just took a deep long draught of the kool aid.

Branco's entire "About Me" section on his website is written in the third person. And since no authors or sources are credited...we can only wildly speculate who wrote it.

He chose this particular quote to blow up magazine-style in the middle of it:

Branco quoting himself posted:

“Branco is a surgeon and his pen is his scalpel, an instrument he wields with laser-like precision in cutting through the philosophical morass of liberal orthodoxy.”

Garrison supports Donald Trump.

But Branco...Branco IS Donald Trump.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Kurtofan posted:

Batka needs you

Yeah, I travel a lot so I've had relatives say "oh, you should visit Belarus, see where your great-grandpa came from!" My usual reply is "g-grandpa worked his rear end off to get the gently caress out of Belarus in 1917, I won't dishonor his memory by undoing his good work by going back there."

But yeah, slightly jealous of American friends who are second-generation Finnish or whatever and have, in a worst-case scenario, an easy immigration chance.

FAKEDIT: huh, this is kind of interesting:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_return#Ireland posted:

Irish nationality law provides for Irish citizenship to be acquired on the basis of at least one Irish grandparent. Note that for the purposes of Irish nationality law a person born anywhere on the island of Ireland (including Northern Ireland which is part of the United Kingdom where British nationality law applies: thus, people born in Northern Ireland are entitled to both British and Irish citizenship), is considered "Irish." The entitlement to citizenship of all people born on Ireland and its islands was stipulated by the 1922 Constitution of the Irish Free State, and the 1937 Constitution of Ireland and reinforced by 1998 Belfast Agreement. A person born outside Ireland with entitlement to Irish citizenship through a grandparent born in Ireland may pass that right on to her or his own children. To do so, however, that person must register her or his birth in Ireland's Foreign Births Register prior to the children's births. Irish law also automatically grants citizenship at birth to any Individual born abroad to a parent born in Ireland, without the need to register with the DFA prior to the granting of citizen's rights like holding an Irish passport.

Separately from this right, the Irish minister responsible for immigration may dispense with conditions of naturalisation to grant citizenship to an applicant who "is of Irish descent or Irish associations", under section 15 of the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act, 1986. With rare exceptions the applicant must be resident in the island of Ireland before applying for naturalisation.

Kinda curious as to the meaning of the last; like for real, if you speak a smattering of Gaelic, play hurley or Gaelic football in the US, and participate in the local Irish music scene, is that something worth considering? I could sort of wing that.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Mr. Branco, please sit down. We've detected a morass on your latest CAT scan. Luckily, its location is non-threatening, and easily within reach of my pen laser scalpel.

*door closes to reveal nameplate MICK METAPHOR, M.D.*

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Mr. Branco, please sit down. We've detected a morass on your latest CAT scan. Luckily, its location is non-threatening, and easily within reach of my pen laser scalpel.

*door closes to reveal nameplate MICK METAPHOR, M.D.*

I'd watch that show.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

SexyBlindfold posted:

Mostly haven't bought it:
- Beeler

- Benson
- Delonas

Bought it:
- Lester
- McCoy
- Summers
- Bok
- McKee

- Garrison

I'd add Ramirez to the "bought it" column.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

King Possum III posted:

I'd add Ramirez to the "bought it" column.

I think he should go in the partially. He's clearly uncomfortable with Trump still and probably pines for Pence to be president.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ahahahahaha, perfect. This could not have come out at a better time.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

AGC

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

The first of what I can only assume will be many, many instances of Tinsley getting especially hosed by his delay in the months to come.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Flawless. Iconic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Speaking of which.

It has apparently become an official meme.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/so-much-for-the-tolerant-left

Just look at those comments.

• Locked thread