Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
The milk in my fridge expires 3/3. This is a sign I should buy 1 2 Switch, isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mahoning posted:

The milk in my fridge expires 3/3. This is a sign I should buy 1 2 Switch, isn't it?

Actually, Bomberman

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Bomberman is good.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Apparently they are actually going to get rid of the "Your video will play after this ad." ones next year. I guess they ran the numbers and people would actually rather click a link in their bookmarks to somewhere else forgoing the video than being forced to watch the ad.

They're getting rid of the long version of those. They're like what, 30 seconds? The 8 second unskippables will still be in place, from what I remember reading.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Will you still be allowed to upload an entire audiobook as an ad though?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

When Bomberman '94 comes out on Switch VC I'm going to get 6 extra Joy-Cons and a small portable generator and spend the rest of my days playing Bomberman with strangers in the park.

Edit: I know that '94 only supports 5 players, I will play some Super R too if someone wants.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Feb 21, 2017

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The switch is nigh in 10 days and I can't wait to shirk responsibilities to play it

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Bring back Saturn Bomberman.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

It would be cool if they allowed 2 players to share a single Joy-Con, allowing for up to 16 players

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It was hard to get 4 people in a room for a ninetendo 64, where do you think you'll find 16 people to play?

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
If you buy it they will cum

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Invalid Validation posted:

It was hard to get 4 people in a room for a ninetendo 64, where do you think you'll find 16 people to play?
Leave your door open.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

How goony are you where getting 4 friends together is hard?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Look at this loser that doesn't regularly attend rooftop parties

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Am I insane, or was there talk of Pokemon Sun/Moon getting ported to Switch? I was kind of holding out for it on that score.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for the actual replies re: fair use etc.

Isn't there some idea where if you don't actively police your IP your claim over it becomes weaker? At least, isn't there the idea of that? It seems like it would get even murkier with international claims.

I'm not defending Nintendo or anyone else "being a dick" but there are some cases where addressing the rules is better than addressing those that try to play within them.

Like, I may think Nintendo is making a bad decision morally or even financially when then quash any perceived IP infringement, but as long as it's their right I'm much more interested in changing the rules than being pissed at an amoral corporate entity for listening to their legal department. It certainly doesn't rise to the level of me boycotting Nintendo over it, so any complaints without backing just seem weaksauce.

I'll happily rail against YouTube, but not really in favor of the people who want something for nothing from them, either.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to playing my Nintendo Switch

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
There's a rumour that Pokemon Stars will end up on the Switch. No actual announcement yet.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Fuligin posted:

Am I insane, or was there talk of Pokemon Sun/Moon getting ported to Switch? I was kind of holding out for it on that score.
There's that image of the retail store setup and they've got a ton of Switch stuff all around and then on the demo TV screen it's a pic of Sun/Moon. I think that's what people we basing it off of.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Fuligin posted:

Leaks, but even if they are true Nintendo probably won't announce anything while Sun and Moon are selling so well right now.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Nintendo and GameStop have both mentioned Pokemon being on Switch, and there were the odd leaks suggesting "Pokemon Stars" exists. There's some other random assortments of datamined stuff showing higher quality Pokemon models (which might be dated back to X/Y?) and how they were originally going to follow you around, but there's been nothing concrete so far on Pokemon SuMo on Switch.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

VideoGames posted:

Has anyone tried to put anything in and it's not been accepted?

Was able to input lots of curse words with no problems.

But "littlemac" was taken. :(

edit: got "projared" instead

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 21, 2017

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Nintendo and GameStop have both mentioned Pokemon being on Switch, and there were the odd leaks suggesting "Pokemon Stars" exists. There's some other random assortments of datamined stuff showing higher quality Pokemon models (which might be dated back to X/Y?) and how they were originally going to follow you around, but there's been nothing concrete so far on Pokemon SuMo on Switch.

Nintendo have said Zelda, Mario and Pokemon would be on the Switch within the first 6 months

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Siick. I just preordered a Switch through GAME UK to the United States, hope they aren't bullshitting their stock and going to email me on launch day saying it's been delayed.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

The Bloop posted:

Thanks for the actual replies re: fair use etc.

Isn't there some idea where if you don't actively police your IP your claim over it becomes weaker? At least, isn't there the idea of that? It seems like it would get even murkier with international claims.

I'm not defending Nintendo or anyone else "being a dick" but there are some cases where addressing the rules is better than addressing those that try to play within them.

Like, I may think Nintendo is making a bad decision morally or even financially when then quash any perceived IP infringement, but as long as it's their right I'm much more interested in changing the rules than being pissed at an amoral corporate entity for listening to their legal department. It certainly doesn't rise to the level of me boycotting Nintendo over it, so any complaints without backing just seem weaksauce.

I'll happily rail against YouTube, but not really in favor of the people who want something for nothing from them, either.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to playing my Nintendo Switch

That's more for Trademark. You have to aggressively protect your trademark or you can lose it. That more involves someone making their own Mario or Zelda game. Someone uploading gameplay video of a game isn't a trademark infringement. If enough people make their own Zelda games and Nintendo doesn't go after them, Nintendo could lose the trademark. That doesn't mean those people could distribute or sell copies of Wind Waker as Nintendo still owns the copyright of that.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I think the various leaks and speculation for Pokémon on switch is that it would be some third version to sun/moon

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mark Brown talkin' about Zelda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHbQ6ti5BQ0

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

If the Switch gets Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, and Splatoon 2 by Christmas this year poo poo will be hard to come by holiday season

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

A major contributor to the "Pokémon Stars to the Switch" rumors is that it's such an obvious good move that they'd be stupid not to do it.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

A major contributor to the "Pokémon Stars to the Switch" rumors is that it's such an obvious good move that they'd be stupid not to do it.

if you think about it though, that sort of gives ammo to the "wont do it" side of things

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

There are two types of gamers

Those who Bomberdo

And those who Bomberdont

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Anidav posted:

There are two types of gamers

Those who Bomberdo

And those who Bomberdont

there's also Bombergirls

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Yes but this thread is PG 13

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Anidav posted:

gently caress

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I lust for bomberman death

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Anidav posted:

man this just makes me wish nintendo would bring back the miiverse

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

These Bomberjokes fizzled.

Here is Nintendos series of first steps into portable gaming. The Game and Watches!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGqejxo2HbU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

alf_pogs posted:

man this just makes me wish nintendo would bring back the miiverse

It's a bummer, man

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Bill Barber posted:

There's that image of the retail store setup and they've got a ton of Switch stuff all around and then on the demo TV screen it's a pic of Sun/Moon. I think that's what people we basing it off of.

I like the part where there are more 1-2-Switch boxes up than Zelda ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Anidav posted:

bummer, man

you are going to go to jail

• Locked thread