Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Libertine posted:

Why the gently caress would anyone want D Rose? Have the Knicks just been stockpiling a bunch of moody gold to swap for the multi team motherlode asset deal? The rumors are too insane today

Because Thibs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I would be all for the Knicks somehow flipping Rose, Melo, and/or Noah for actual assets.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The only reason I can think of that doesn't involve wanting Rose for his skills is offloading long term contracts.

Ratzinc
Aug 14, 2004

MY BALLS ARE THE SIZE OF GRAPEFRUITS
Remember when I brought up the whole D-Rose to Minny talk a couple days ago?

Hmm...

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I feel like some important stuff is getting lost in the shuffle: my son with his very first cold sore :) congratulations on gettin' it like an all-star

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
omg are we gonna get rid of Melo AND Rose ahhhh Phil can't be that good

Shear Modulus posted:

I would be all for the Knicks somehow flipping Rose, Melo, and/or Noah for actual assets.

I want to keep Noah he's pretty much exactly what I expected and I like having him out there when he's healthy

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/833866778384224256

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Yeah of course. Choking our arch-rivals with our own waste is too much to hope for.

Plus they watched like 2 minutes of tape and realized he doesn't play any defense whoops

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

EvanTH posted:

Yeah of course. Choking our arch-rivals with our own waste is too much to hope for.

Plus they watched like 2 minutes of tape and realized he doesn't play any defense whoops

He also doesn't jump anymore. Someone give us a 2017 first for him, please.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
I know Thibs yell instructions alot during games, but I heard he is pretty calm in practice. And he spends time with every player individually, so I don't believe his players don't like him.

But is that the best way to teach players? I hear Pops just hold scrimmage and stop plays to yell after a mistake. This seems like a better way to practice sports then film room review, which seems more like the classes these players didn't like to attend.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Doltos posted:

He also doesn't jump anymore. Someone give us a 2017 first for him, please.

He really doesn't. I'd take that 2nd plus Amir Johnson deal someone mentioned a few pages ago. I'd even be excited if they threw in that LSU kid they didn't have enough minutes to play ahah what's his name Jordan Mickey?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol if thibs trades for the desiccated husk of derrick rose, bless his croaking heart

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

lol if thibs trades for the desiccated husk of derrick rose, bless his croaking heart

Rose is getting paid too much right now, but he's still pretty clearly a rotation NBA player.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

Rose is getting paid too much right now, but he's still pretty clearly a rotation NBA player.

i am sorry to say, though, that he is Not Back

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i am sorry to say, though, that he is Not Back

He will never be back. He's off playing in the Universal Basketball tournament and was replaced by the illuminati with his oft injured doppelganger who is fuzzy on what consent means from universe B.

It's also why KD who once was not shook became shook.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Peter Vecsey is saying the Pacers are trying to pry Brook Lopez off the Nets with their 2017 1st, Big Al, and Stuckey.

I'd be down for that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/Mr1738/status/833898563864244224

I got like 64 cents and some pocket lint

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Lopez is apparently a great teammate so that could ease some of the drama which is what some media attribute the wild win loss swings to.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/Mr1738/status/833898563864244224

I got like 64 cents and some pocket lint

:laffo:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Now hold on. You're telling me Michael Carter Williams is available

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Wow you mean rondo and wade is available

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
remember the time Dwyane Wade signed with the Bulls and then they traded him to Denver? good stuff.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I honestly want to know what Garpax would be willing to accept in a trade centered on Doug "Five Picks" McDermott.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

I honestly want to know what Garpax would be willing to accept in a trade centered on Doug McDermott.

https://twitter.com/chicagobullsbot/status/833889625865269249

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Can the bulls just go to a corner somewhere and trade their own first rounder for doug mcdoug while the rest of the big boys stay on top of the headlines

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Can the bulls just go to a corner somewhere and trade their own first rounder for doug mcdoug while the rest of the big boys stay on top of the headlines

Bulls would still find a way to gently caress up a trade involving themselves and then would have to send a second rounder to the Magic in order to fix their problem.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i love this team

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I can totally imagine Chicago telling Doug Bucket he was traded and sticking him in a car and then turning it around saying 'to the Blackhawks for one day! Hope you can skate!"

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

tanglewood1420 posted:

I think Boogie is better than George and Butler, but the latter two are better fits for the Celtics imho and you are flat out crazy if you don't want them on your team hth.

It's not that the Celtics don't want them, but they really only will have the cap for one more big move, unless they don't want IT after next year. You get PG or Butler then is pretty much role players and I'm not sure I love that team. I'd love it with cousins. Griffin is kinda interesting but him and Horford seem like an odd frontcourt. I dunno.

I assume wolves would take Rose for like a protected second and just absorb his contract. The interest in Mirotic is more depressing. We have a version of him in Bjelica and they both are kinda bad.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Rick posted:

I can totally imagine Chicago telling Doug Bucket he was traded and sticking him in a car and then turning it around saying 'to the Blackhawks for one day! Hope you can skate!"

Scottie Bowman and Quenville could probably turn McDermott into a better hockey player than this lovely rear end coaching staff could help him become a better basketball player.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Every time I think about potential landing spots for Rose and start narrowing it down with remotely realistic constraints it basically seems impossible. Who gives up what for him? It doesn't really make sense unless you can move a crappy contract for him.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

Scottie Bowman and Quenville could probably turn McDermott into a better hockey player than this lovely rear end coaching staff could help him become a better basketball player.

doug's got Big Body Presence

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Trade rose to dogfart

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

leftist heap posted:

Every time I think about potential landing spots for Rose and start narrowing it down with remotely realistic constraints it basically seems impossible. Who gives up what for him? It doesn't really make sense unless you can move a crappy contract for him.

Rose isn't a terrible option for a team that needs an extra scorer. He's probably worth around what any other short term rental contract player is worth.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

leftist heap posted:

If you're under the cap you don't need to match, or you just need to send back enough to keep you under the cap. For Minnesota that's only 10 mil. They could send pekovic, or medically retire him and then absorb Rose's contract whole.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

I am also willing to have sex with Scarlett Johansen, just floating it out there.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Is Thibs trying to finish off Rose?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Lockback posted:

If you're under the cap you don't need to match, or you just need to send back enough to keep you under the cap. For Minnesota that's only 10 mil. They could send pekovic, or medically retire him and then absorb Rose's contract whole.

But... why. I mean, I'm not even talking about matching salaries I mean like, why would you just give something up to rent Rose. Even accepting that he could actually help a team like... help which team do what at what price? Help the Timberwolves not make the playoffs for a second round pick?

I just cant make the Derrick Rose trade math work yall

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

quote:

Sacramento Kings general manager Vlade Divac said Monday that his team had a better trade offer for DeMarcus Cousins two days earlier, and he decided to deal the All-Star center Sunday night because future offers likely would've yielded less than he received from the New Orleans Pelicans.

"When you make a deal you want to get the most. Right now was the best time, and it was the best offer we had," Divac said Monday in explaining the Kings' side of the trade.

Asked why he didn't wait until closer to Thursday's trade deadline to make a move, he said, "Most likely we would get less, because I had a better deal two days ago."

Uh huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Sacramento media is leaping to Vlade's defense saying that he meant to say offer, not deal as if the distinction actually matters.

And :lol: that other offer was from New Orleans. Vlade was literally negotiating with one team and falling for their car salesmen bluff.

• Locked thread