Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

"We're here to take oil and kill Muslims and you're all outta oil."

*takes drag on cigarette and puts it out on own eyeball"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Admiral Ray posted:

look if any of us were good with money we wouldn't have paid real money that could have gone towards burritos to get on this site

In terms of investment vs return the 40 or whatever dollars I spent on SA is some of the best ever and that's including drugs

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

BarronsArtGallery posted:

This roast of trump is chilling because it kind of legitimized him after he said all the crazy racist poo poo the first time

it hypernormalized him

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

why didn't anyone tell me

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Corny posted:

Not to be all :goonsay: but honestly, I do not understand why CS people/software devs use any kind of Mac what-so-ever. Anything you can do with MacOS in terms of development, you can do in any Linux distro easier and for free.

plus gently caress brew tbh

gently caress brew is on my whitwboarg of shortlist names for the nifhtclub im opening

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

:3:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Corny posted:

Not to be all :goonsay: but honestly, I do not understand why CS people/software devs use any kind of Mac what-so-ever. Anything you can do with MacOS in terms of development, you can do in any Linux distro easier and for free.

I think the horrible design choices on the most recent generation of products has taken some of the shine off the gleam of the fanboys. Just one port on the Macbook, no headphone port on the iPhone, and an OLED strip instead of function row? Just dumb as hell, reductionism is fine but at some point it becomes pointless and counter productive

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

punchymcpunch posted:

it hypernormalized him

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

as is plus gently caress brew

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker
carpe oleum

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

In terms of investment vs return the 40 or whatever dollars I spent on SA is some of the best ever and that's including drugs

yeah, that's ture. i've bought worse things for the same price. like an rc car that turned out to just have a battery and two wires inside.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Corny posted:

the only thing more lol worthy than macs is linux

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

This cat is a friend of mine

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Yinlock posted:

macs are a linux

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

If a crippling awareness of the world is worth $40, sign me up

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
¡Jeb!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Admiral Ray posted:

what if u use a trackball, logik

then you're awesome and shouldnt change

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

Yinlock posted:

this is actually true

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

marmot25 posted:

carpe oleum

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

logikv9 posted:

then you're awesome and shouldnt change

You're officially the best mod. :glomp:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
macs are good up to a certain point and then loving laffo if you're dumping money into a 15in oled function bar nonsense machine

iphones are okay. i don't think i'll ever use em but in my line of work i'll probably get one in a few cycles, esp when all android phones purge the headphone jack

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

ur mom was mackin on me the other nite

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
if you own the 13in macbook pro with touch bar you deserve ridicule

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

logikv9 posted:

macs are good up to a certain point and then loving laffo if you're dumping money into a 15in oled function bar nonsense machine

iphones are okay. i don't think i'll ever use em but in my line of work i'll probably get one in a few cycles, esp when all android phones purge the headphone jack

Is this something they're going to do? Killing the headphone jack on the recent iPhone was like, universally mocked

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Turdfuzz posted:

ur mom was mackin on me the other nite

it was only to get u outta the basement so i could bang ur mom on ur bed

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Refurbished macs are cool and have the same warranty and often several hundred dollars less

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

logikv9 posted:

Oh I own a 13in touch bar alright

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

logikv9 posted:

ive probavlu said it a bullion times in cspam but im convinced thart a longterm design goal for the iphone is to have no exterior ports whatsoever

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

this is extremely good advice, thank you

logikv9 posted:

my mac is pretty serviceable except it doesn't play most video games which is pretty lame

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

at this point if i was gonna overpay on a lappy 486 it'd be the hp spectre because it has pistons.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

logikv9 posted:

I dunno if saving money and getting the shittier Mac that literally has only a single port on the whole machine is necessarily smarter

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
my pic got in the OP, that makes me smart

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Squizzle posted:

ive probavlu said it a bullion times in cspam but im convinced thart a longterm design goal for the iphone is to have no exterior ports whatsoever

thats also apple's long term design goal for humanity

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Squizzle posted:

I can see a goal as dumb as this being something they'd aspire to tbh

Of course it's 100% possible as is so I'm not sure why they haven't pulled the trigger already

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

just a n unbroken glass lozenge that yu cam slowly insert into yr rear end and operatw w the spasms of yr muscular colon

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

human. round. immoble. elegant.

be you. be me. we are all in the same blob together.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Epic High Five posted:

Is this something they're going to do? Killing the headphone jack on the recent iPhone was like, universally mocked

it's going down that route for a few ME TOO ME TOO manufacturers mainly the lovely ones like lenovo-owned motorola and poor HTC

i don't think it'll happen for awhile but it will eventually happen, it makes engineering easier and once usb-c headphones become more commonplace i can see it not being a big deal anymore

LG will probably keep it for awhile along with google's pixels. samsung will probably drop it in 2-4 years. i'm personally already making the move to bluetooth so after awhile personally it wouldn't matter to me

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

I can see a goal as dumb as this being something they'd aspire to tbh

Of course it's 100% possible as is so I'm not sure why they haven't pulled the trigger already

its doable but not w/o unacceptable compromises

all existing wireless charghing sokutuons seem lacking to me, an idiot

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Epic High Five posted:

I dunno if saving money and getting the shittier Mac that literally has only a single port on the whole machine is necessarily smarter

13 in macbook pro without touch bar

cheaper
better battery life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Homeless Friend posted:

my pic got in the OP, that makes me smart

Bad hombre

• Locked thread