Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Baloogan posted:

i always wonder wtf is happening in the sewers when i see floods

A real sewage inspector would know they fill up and overflow into the nearest river

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

like if I was given an internet enabled toaster like inevitably exists, I would literally open it up and remove the wireless card

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

triple sulk posted:

im gonna get a surface phone if it ever becomes a thing

I'm probably going to do something extremely dumb and see what the Sony phones are like

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Also I refuse to participate in the Internet of Things

why do refrigeratora need to crunch any numbers??????????? on internet???????????????????

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Big Fat Iguana posted:

A real sewage inspector would know they fill up and overflow into the nearest river

thats only with a 'combined' waste water storm drain system! which are not cool in the states any more

in canada thats p much how it works!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Considering that tech and computers is my bread and butter, it's astonishing just how much I distrust anything new and how hard I cling to old stuff

I'm not sure if it's because I'm getting older and my needs are changing, or if we've just reached a point where I feel like everything I could possibly need technology for in my day to day life is handled already with the devices I already own and all new advancements are of dubious use

Like nobody is making new ovens anymore, we're in the age of 8,000 single-use kitchen implements

how old is induction stovetop because companies are starting to release expensive induction hot-plate style things, but the cookware has to be capable of working on it.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/breville-smart-cooker/

$1799 lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Squizzle posted:

why do refrigeratora need to crunch any numbers??????????? on internet???????????????????

To lay dormant until they are needed to DDoS every server farm in the USA

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker

Corny posted:

anyways how long until we get to the sex page

cool it mark foley

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Epic High Five posted:

Considering that tech and computers is my bread and butter, it's astonishing just how much I distrust anything new and how hard I cling to old stuff

I'm not sure if it's because I'm getting older and my needs are changing, or if we've just reached a point where I feel like everything I could possibly need technology for in my day to day life is handled already with the devices I already own and all new advancements are of dubious use

Like nobody is making new ovens anymore, we're in the age of 8,000 single-use kitchen implements

lemme give yer fridge a virus so itkeeps buying alex jones weed boner pills off amazon.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Epic High Five posted:

Yeah this is where I draw the line, there's so many security and other issues with a lot of the stuff anyways I just don't see the point at this time.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lamo @ luddites in this loving thread. try loving cooking rice on a wood stove with no light aside from the flames

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
its actually really cool and humanizing

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

hearing that the US nuclear arsenal has huge chunks of it that aren't internet connected and run off floppy disks made me super reassured, I don't understand why people were freaking out about it. Do they really want to pay a whole bunch of money to end up getting Stuxnet'd?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
electronics and modern society is dehumanizing

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/NYTNational/status/833571942804373504

https://twitter.com/CharlesPPierce/status/833572361081352192

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Lol apparently people are pissed that att didn't make a super special awesome competitor plan to Verizon's unlimited plan and I just think lol who the gently caress needs unlimited data

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

refrigerator that has computer in it to manage temp and cmpressors and w/efor lower power draw w/o afdectijg any other function—good

refrigerator that tells korea and :nsacloud:when i eat eggs—no

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Idk I kind of look forward to the time I can have my toaster automatically shitpost about me making bagels instead of me having to do it manually

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
"Squizzle ate the eggs" - the nsa, maybe

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Baloogan posted:

lamo @ luddites in this loving thread. try loving cooking rice on a wood stove with no light aside from the flames

rice is easy 2 cook u shitmonster

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Baloogan posted:

Cooking dinner over any fire but especially a campfire is life-affirming

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Baloogan posted:

Rice cookers are hardly high technology at this point. Anyway if you can boil water you can cook rice. A lack of light to work by is ur own dam fault

triple sulk posted:

Lol apparently people are pissed that att didn't make a super special awesome competitor plan to Verizon's unlimited plan and I just think lol who the gently caress needs unlimited data

I still have a plan from like 11 years ago that I refuse to change because it has unlimited data, even tho I never come close to going over 5gb

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/833817667333140480?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

So this is hosed. i can't find any info on this that isn't from a shady norweigan registered site, or someone funded by Ivan, Yuri and Drago, or literal Sputnik. nothing on borkbork social media, nothing on the IKEA news, nothing from stockholm pd. gently caress all but russian outlets.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

triple sulk posted:

People who have to stay in hotels with poo poo Internet for work? My boss went through 60 gigs in a month because he just tethered his laptop instead of relying on the hotel Internet

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
dude were automatically luddites wer're posting on a 17 year old internet forum

I'm a pioneer, I'm an explorer
I'm a human, and I'm coming!
I'm animated, I'm alive, my heart's big!
It's got hot blood, going through it fast.
..I like to fight too!
I like to eat! I like to have children!
..I'm here! I've got a life force!
This is a human, this is what we look like!
This is what we act like! This what everybody was like before us.
This is what I am, I'm a throwback. I'm here!
I've got the fire of human liberty! I'm setting fires everywhere!
And humans are turning on everywhere!

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Solid state lithium batteries aren't even flammable

there is no way in hell that anything like that should be on a plane

it goes by ocean freighter for a reason

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
heh try too cook rice on a wood stove u ingrates

okay, boil 2x water to rice, put the rice in and take it off the fire, cover the pot and wait

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

hearing that the US nuclear arsenal has huge chunks of it that aren't internet connected and run off floppy disks made me super reassured, I don't understand why people were freaking out about it. Do they really want to pay a whole bunch of money to end up getting Stuxnet'd?

yeah and nobody tried to rewrite the interface in ruby on rails, only to ditch that halfway through when clojure was the new fad, only to ditch that halfway through when everybody went gaga over rust

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

KiteAuraan posted:

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/833817667333140480?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

So this is hosed. i can't find any info on this that isn't from a shady norweigan registered site, or someone funded by Ivan, Yuri and Drago, or literal Sputnik. nothing on borkbork social media, nothing on the IKEA news, nothing from stockholm pd. gently caress all but russian outlets.

a fine, heapin' crop of fake news we got here

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

I still have a plan from like 11 years ago that I refuse to change because it has unlimited data, even tho I never come close to going over 5gb

I just checked and our two phone usage for the month is less than 4gb. Lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Baloogan posted:

The forums r in Milo's strike zone.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Baloogan posted:

that's why milo posts on 4chan and not here, 17 is too old for him

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

shiksa posted:

okay, boil 2x water to rice, put the rice in and take it off the fire, cover the pot and wait

im not saying its hard im saying its humanizing and cool

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Weeping Wound posted:

a fine, heapin' crop of fake news we got here

unironically yes. a buddy of mine showed me and we both did some basic google digging and found gently caress all.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Weeping Wound posted:

there is no way in hell that anything like that should be on a plane

it goes by ocean freighter for a reason

It doesn't go by anything because it doesn't exist yet. All y'all realize your phone batteries aren't solid state right?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hello new thread

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

KiteAuraan posted:

unironically yes. a buddy of mine showed me and we both did some basic google digging and found gently caress all.

the best I've got is that it's pretty hard to riot during a Swedish winter, especially when it's snowing :q:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
its extremely cool our president is playing alternate reality games with everyone

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

shiksa posted:

just buy a rice cookerf

tomato in a rice cooker is the best snack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Baloogan posted:

its extremely cool our president is playing alternate reality games with everyone

wish it wasnt the year zero arg tbh tho

• Locked thread