Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its kinda useful if you have a minigun that spews its entire load in 2 seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

remember when trigger fingers was racing mind and shotgun shoulders was shotgun fingers. and back muscle was good

No

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

goferchan posted:

i'm not great at the game but is back muscle not good? i play robot a lot and it seems real nice with him when you're munching a lot of stuff and hitting the ammo cap

Used to up the low ammo threshold as well, resulting in more ammo drops.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

goferchan posted:

i'm not great at the game but is back muscle not good? i play robot a lot and it seems real nice with him when you're munching a lot of stuff and hitting the ammo cap

ammo packs drop more when you're low on ammo. back muscle raises the ammo cap. so with back muscle you used to get ammo packs sooner. but now you don't

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

im gonna stream again right now. i just killed myself with blood hammer against throne 2 lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

it's okay for some stuff. like i always run out of ammo with plama hammer or jackhammer. i'd rather have laser sword or lightning hammer hell even blood hammer but it's not like i can toell the game what to do

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

it s probalby okay if your a glutton for punishment and need to beat the game with a bullet weapon for some reason and happen to have recycle gland and a double minigun and can shoot all 555 bullets at the throne for 20 minteuis

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

mysterious loyall X posted:

it's okay for some stuff. like i always run out of ammo with plama hammer or jackhammer. i'd rather have laser sword or lightning hammer hell even blood hammer but it's not like i can toell the game what to do

you've become so strong....

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oddium posted:

you've become so strong....

thank uu

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i havne't made it past caves in the 1st loop yet tho :gonk: mean boss

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't like reaching the throne with a 55-ammo weapon because it runs out really quickly :shrug: back muscle is fine

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://clips.twitch.tv/wormskull/GrotesqueWrenTheTarFu

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmao

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

mysterious loyall X posted:

someone actually used jackhammer?!!!

is it good?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://clips.twitch.tv/wormskull/AdventurousDeerHotPokket

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

is it good?

I tried to kill the Throne with it once, ran out of ammo but well positioned it can't shoot anything in your direction.

lmao

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

is it good?

jackhammer is almost a hard counter to lil hunter, it owns

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

can't get past Big Dog

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Aston posted:

can't get past Big Dog

you'll get the hang of it really quick. very soon you will be murking big dog w/out breaking a sweat every drat run

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Aston posted:

can't get past Big Dog

my tip would be to take one strong ranged weapon like the crossbow, and a melee weapon. shovel is fantastic, wrench or sledge also work great. melee weapons reflect or destroy all projectiles so you just need to concentrate on not getting killed by the rockets.

if you still have proble,s try euphoria mutation

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive only been killed by big dog once so far :smug:

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I did kill him once with the grenade launcher but then I immediately shot an assassin who was standing right next to me and died

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Aston posted:

can't get past Big Dog

just wait until Lil' Hunter

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the hardest part of big dog is always snipers and salamanders

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

symbolic posted:

just wait until Lil' Hunter

dilz hunter. i can defeat him easily

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I killed the big dog, but wtf is the next area

Also I murked the police with a shovel and got a crown and then they tracked me down and murdered me

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Aston posted:

Also I murked the police with a shovel and got a crown and then they tracked me down and murdered me

gently caress the popo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Aston posted:

the police are bad news. they ended my best run ever by materialising a van out of nowhere, immediately flattening me

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
if you think IDPD are bastards early in the game wait until they show up later on
still not as bad as those gorilla robots in the snow city though, gently caress those things

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

worst enemy is far and away rad dogs. or salamanders

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the rad dogs are one of the only enemies other than the loving vans that I think genuinely need work. Their jumps are stupid and they take too much damage

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Protip for rad dogs and other enemies that try to rush you: while they're ramming they take melee damage every single frame

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

you can also use that to kill big bandit so quickly that his music never stops playing :newlol:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

oddium posted:

you can also use that to kill big bandit so quickly that his music never stops playing :newlol:

That was actually pretty annoying in a weekly some time ago. Music doesn't stop playing until the Throne.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ok i get it guys, the game gets harder later on lol let a newbie struggle

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the rad dogs jump is too fast

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

extremebuff posted:

ok i get it guys, the game gets harder later on lol let a newbie struggle

you: ah.. flame shotgun huh? sounds pretty neat
the chill experienced gamer, reclined casually in his chair: yeah its okay i guess, but when you compare the numbers against the othe -- you know what gently caress it, just read this 20 page Pastebin i wrote containing DPS comparisons, early game optimizations, and how to completely avoid dealing with the stress of learning and experiencing a new game for yourself. cheers

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i was dissing the shottie earlier but its really nice for clearing most of the early stuff, loses its kick once youre by the crystal place but very solid. i just need to lose my habit of playing the game conservatively like in gungeon

the only gun i try to ditch asap is the machinegun..feels like its just the pistol on autofire. great sound tho

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

yeah i personally just go apeshit and dont even think about ammo its more fun that way to me. i started playing a bunch of robot and i really like his gun eating ability. the E -> rightclick -> E combo + the sfx is very satisfying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Steroids is my fave followed by YV.

• Locked thread