Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Unfunny Poster posted:

Except I am? It's no different than you bringing up personal poo poo that you dealt with as part of a discussion that thread is having at the time. (eg. ex boyfriend that did something years ago) :shrug:

And when was the last time I did that? I'm freaking out of boyfriend stories, man, I'm freaking out of guys I've dated. Again, you've got a hell of a memory for irrelevant poo poo that made you feel marginally put upon. wow the emotional drama of your life lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

thanks legaladvice and r/relationships

quote:

Coworker of boyfriend asked him to be a sperm donor, but there's a twist

My boyfriend (25) and I have a semi-long distance relationship. He lives an hour and a half away from me and sees me every week. We've been dating for awhile and things are going great. We believe that we have found the one we've been searching for and we can say that we love each other and plan to have a future together.

However, he told me today that a coworker of his, a female who is gay, asked him if he could be a sperm donor for her and her partner. Now he told me that he daid that he would do it, but the last thing he mentioned was that she wants him to have sex with her because she believes that it will work better than IVF. She asked him if he gets off fast, which he does, and wants him to come over to her place to have sex. He mentioned to me that he didn't her that he would talk to me about it. He said he doesn't want to make a decision until he hears about my feelings about the situation.

I honestly feel real uncomfortable about it because he didn't fully elaborate on their conversation when we talked on the phone. I was asleep when he called me and he didn't want to stay on the phone for long because he was driving home from a 12 hour shift and he sensed i was really tired. He plans on coming to see me tomorrow but now I'm afraid to talk to him.

What really concerns me is that it seems like they're doing without any legal advice or contract because i don't want her to ask him for anything pertaining to the child if he decided to go through with it without any legal documentation. I really don't want this gently caress up his life. Any advice on what to do?

TLDR: A coworker of my boyfriend wants to have sex with him so he can be a sperm donor for her and her partner.

priorities, lady

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

MissEchelon posted:

thanks legaladvice and r/relationships

priorities, lady

That's great because her excuse is pure bullshit. Even if you think sex works better than IVF, you could just turkey baster his sperm, there is absolutely no need for them to have sex.

They just want to be able to gently caress.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

MissEchelon posted:

priorities, lady
That's actually a pretty good priority because she's right in thinking that the law don't give a poo poo if they had some sort of gentleman's agreement, if he knocks her up conventionally it's legally his kid with all the responsibilities that it entails.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Fake. Only male nerds use female as a noun.

SnoozeOrder
Aug 2, 2016
:females: is there for a reason

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pick posted:

And when was the last time I did that? I'm freaking out of boyfriend stories, man, I'm freaking out of guys I've dated. Again, you've got a hell of a memory for irrelevant poo poo that made you feel marginally put upon. wow the emotional drama of your life lol

Jesus Christ. :cripes:

It was just an example I pulled out of my rear end and wasn't a dig or comment on poo poo you said in the past. Calm down.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Mirthless posted:

Read this quote from him and tell me he is describing anything other than the human emotion called love
Everything you encounter is seen through your own lens. On top of that, he wrote that post and you don't have a clear view of his actions and interactions or what is actually going on in his head.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Feb 21, 2017

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
r/relationships: maybe that's love (for the brokebrain)

This one seems simple enough, until the op loses her cool at the comments when they get suspicious of her story.

I [14F] need help explaining a sore a baby [6M] got. My brother [17M] ripped away his ps4 controller from him
u/Slobberddss3h

quote:

Hi Reddit! I've asked for advice here a couple months ago about my boyfriend at the time, now ex.

My father [39M] is married to my step mom [33F], they have three children together. Jessica and Ashley [2 years old] and a baby Kyle [6 months]. Tonight was there date night and the babysitter cancelled so I volunteered. I'm usually a good kid so they were ok with it, although they cut their return time by 2 hours. They are usually back by 11, but they're coming home at 9. They're eating dinner and that's it. No movie or another activity like they usually do.

I feel so bad, Kyle was on the lounge from floor playing with his toys. One of the twins started to cry so I turned around to see what was wrong. My back was turned for a minute and Kyle put that plastic knob on the ps4 in his mouth. I think it's called a joy stick controller. My Brother was sitting there watching something on Foxtel, not doing a thing to help me. I heard Kyle start to cry I turned to see what was wrong. My brother started to yell at me for letting Kyle putting it in his mouth and he stormed off and slammed his bedroom door.

Kyle has a little cut above his lip,I tried to clean it but he starts to cry and flail everytime I try to touch it. I cleaned it but he cried for 15 minutes strait. I need help.

tl;dr: Brother gave baby a little cut, how do I explain this? My dad is already sick of my brothers crap as is.

quote:

flybrand • 1h
Is this really what happened?

Slobberddss • 53m
No I punched the baby in the face, what do you think? Of course it's what loving happened

You tell them, literal child. You tell them good

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Holy smokes going by that reaction maybe she did punch him :stare:

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

hooray, I finally caught up on this thread.

I think my [22 F] co-worker [30 F] has severe eating issues and is a food hoarder and/or binge eater

quote:

My co-worker (calling her Hana) is someone I've been friends/acquaintances with for the past year or so. Hana's overweight. I think probably even obese, but I'm not sure. She doesn't really seem that insecure about her body. In fact, she carries all of her weight in her lower half, so she's very proud of her upper half. Her wrists, her arms, hands, etc.

She's also VERY smart. She's witty and easy to get along with. Great co-worker. Except for one thing: I should be eating a piece of god drat blackberry creme cake right now, but it's missing. Just like every particle of treat that makes its way into the shop. And that's not even the worst part. The worst part is that I'm looking at the smashed up cake in the trash right now.

This is a pretty routine thing for me. I notice something is missing. I look around and can't find it. I check the trash. There it is. Smashed up in balls/in bags/wrapped in paper towel/etc. Sometimes it's hidden in a random spot - inside the toilet paper rolls, crammed in a drawer, etc.

I'm not sure if this is a symptom of food hoarding? That she has a compulsion to smash it up? That she destroys it to resist temptation? Or that maybe she chews on it, and then spits it out? I've looked it up a bit but can't find anything that explains this behavior.

We work across from a food shop and we (all of us working there) pool our money together on weekends to buy some kind of fun treat. Every time we get a desert of any kind it disappears. I know that sounds pretty typical of any group of people. But this is different. I mean it would vanish within the hour. We all teased each other, but no one would admit who was being a piggy. Whatever. We laughed it off. That was fine.

But then one day I made a huge batch of white chocolate covered raisins and brought them in inside a paper bag. Of course, as per usual, GONE within the hour. But then I saw the paper bag they came in just kind of propped against the desk on the floor. I reached in the bag to grab a handful of raisins. All squished up and wet/chewed or maybe thrown up.

What the gently caress.

The thing is, I've brought this up with her and she denies it. One day I found a bag of molded old squished up food that was CRAMMED IN A DRAWER and she said something like "oh wow. yea, that's weird, I don't know how that happened???" Like I said before, she's very smart, so this "OH GEE I DON'T KNOW" routine is INFURIATING to me. I haven't told her I know it was her.

I am 100 percent sure it IS her doing this. At first I wasn't. Then she and I worked side by side one day. We were both there for 8 hours. She didn't eat anything all day. I've never actually seen her eat anything. Early in the day I had a bag of mini muskateers - those tiny ones that come unwrapped in a bag. I ate the first half and got sick of them, so I offered them to her. She took the bag, but put them in her purse. I used the bathroom on the way out at the end of the day. Right there in the trash was the bag of candy. It looked full. So I checked. Sure enough. All smashed up/chewed up/whatever. Same MO as the phantom food smasher.

I know I sound like a terrible person to be so impatient about an obvious mental issue and my boyfriend is telling me I'm going full bitch about it. I don't want to go full bitch, but I'm so sick of this. How am I supposed to react? I want to confront her, but I don't know how. Should just ignore it? I don't want to hurt or embarrass her.

tl;dr: co worker is doing weird things to food

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
ahahah the loving comments are aces

quote:

deejay1974 -2 points 1 year ago
If she has an eating disorder, that's medical and you shouldn't ask colleagues about their medical status at work. She's entitled to her privacy.

Now, what she is (apparently) doing with shared food is poor behaviour at work, but you bringing in food that you're pretty sure triggers compulsive behaviour in her is bad form as well. And seriously, stop rooting around in the trash and worrying about what exactly was done with the food. The food is being stolen, and that's the issue here.

Since you can't prove it was her and she's your manager (this is important information and you should have put it in your post) you don't really have much recourse. She doesn't have to allow a fridge and food storage at work at all, and if you back her into a corner she may just say from now on you all will bring bagged lunches and keep them in your bags since this whole food stealing thing has become so much trouble.

I would simply say casually to the group, "Guys, there seems to have been some pranks being played with food lately. It's really not cool to mess with people's food. I'm going to stop sharing and keeping food here for a while until it dies down. I'm sure no one really means any harm but I just don't want to be part of it." Then stop bringing in food other than your lunch, and hopefully others will do the same. The problem may resolve itself once you all stop putting snacks under her nose.

Yes reddit user deejay1974, the problem clearly is with the coworkers not intuitively knowing that they're triggering an ED that they don't know is afflicting their boss, and not the untreated mentally ill person chewing other people's food in secret. Good job, reddit.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Bubblyblubber posted:

r/relationships: maybe that's love (for the brokebrain)

This one seems simple enough, until the op loses her cool at the comments when they get suspicious of her story.

I [14F] need help explaining a sore a baby [6M] got. My brother [17M] ripped away his ps4 controller from him
u/Slobberddss3h

You tell them, literal child. You tell them good

That reply is hilarious, kid is going places.

But to answer her question, you explain it by telling them exactly what happened. poo poo happens, no matter how careful you are and so long as the kid doesn't need stitches no one's going to get in big trouble.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Skratte posted:

hooray, I finally caught up on this thread.

I think my [22 F] co-worker [30 F] has severe eating issues and is a food hoarder and/or binge eater

:smith:

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

How do I [25F] make my boyfriend [22M] understand that this is gross??

quote:

So the thing is my boyfriend and I have extremely different cleaning standards and there's things I find completely disgusting that he thinks are just fine, and this is one of them: we hang out naked in our place a lot, and he was wrapped in a blanket yesterday and farted and then immediately went to the bathroom and I realised there was a bunch of small stains there where his bum had just been... so yeah there was a bit of poop there. I thought it was kinda funny but gross enough not to use that blanket any more until it had been washed, and he said it was okay to use but said "gently caress it" and tossed it aside.

Then today, after we discussed it a little bit further and I made it clear a poopy blanket was gross, I saw him wearing it again while he was cooking something for me. Of course I feel disgusted and said I won't eat something that's been made by someone wrapped in a poopy blanket, but he thinks I'm being unreasonable.

So I am turning to you, Reddit peeps, because I need to know: am I really being unreasonable, or am I right thinking it's gross??

tl;dr: am I right stating that a poop-stained blanket should not be worn, least of all while cooking?

Lately I've (24/F) been feeling like my boyfriend (27/M) is getting too comfortable, and then something gross happened and I don't know how to feel.

quote:

Hi Reddit, I'm using a throwaway because my boyfriend knows my account.

Anyway, so I have been with my boyfriend for almost two years. He's a super sweet guy and is generally a very good partner. However, I have a giant concern and I don't know if this is normal: he's getting too comfortable.

Yes, being comfortable is great. You should be able to be yourself. But his level of comfort-ability is beginning to make me resent him, but I'm not sure if I'm just being stubborn or this is a legitimate reason to break up.

Here's a list of the things that have gotten worse that really bother me (and what I've done to try to help): he's gaining alot of weight. When we first started dating, he was fit and sexy, but now I'm just not attracted to him anymore. This is going to sound so inconsiderate, but our sex life has suffered for it. It seems more like a chore because the spark just isn't there. He's put on at least 50 pounds, does not take care of himself (eats junkfood all day and does not care what he puts in his mouth), and makes zero effort to live somewhat of a healthy lifestyle.

I have encouraged him to join my gym so we could go together (he always says he'll join next week but never does), and I even taught him some healthy, easy recipes so he can make nutritious meals when I'm not around. I'm VERY into health/fitness, so it's really difficult to be around someone who just does not care about their appearance or health. In addition to his weight, he doesn't care about his physical appearance either. We used to always get dressed up and go out (even if it was just a chill bar, we would at least put on jeans). Now, all he wants to do it wear stained tank tops and basketball shorts. He doesn't care about what he wears and doesn't try to impress me.

When we started dating, he was very ambitious and had a lot of dreams. But about a year into it, he stopped applying for jobs or looking for ways to advance. He is perfectly fine "coasting" in his current teaching job (I make more money than him, I work in engineering). He just expects that we will get married and he won't need to apply himself to other careers or himself really. I tried to help by applying for better jobs FOR him, but he never cared. I even wrote his resume and cover letter for everything, but he was just really "eh."

He's become so lazy, just so willing to do the bare minimum. I'm convinced it's because of me, because he finally found someone to "settle down" with and feels like he no longer needs to try.

These are two really big things, but there are a million other examples that kind of fall into these umbrellas. But something today happened that I just cant look past, and it's really really bothering me.

We went to the beach today, and we had a great time. We have been fighting lately because he's been acting so childish (literally pouting when he doesn't get his way, making excuses to justify behavior, not being accountable) but today was great. Until the ride home. While we were at the beach, he told me he needed to use the restroom. But I realized that he never went. When we got into the car, he told me he needed to go #2 really bad, but decided to drive home anyway. Our drive is like an hour long, and we even stopped at a rest stop and he still didn't go to the bathroom. Finally, when we were like 10 minutes away from my apartment, I notice he starts acting really weird. He was sitting weird in the driver's seat. He says, "can I change my pants at your place?" It took me a millisecond to realize what happened - he poo poo himself. LITERALLY poo poo his pants.

The thing that baffled me the most, is that he DID NOT CARE. He was not embarrassed. He didn't care the entire car instantly smelled like poop, making me gag. He didn't care his pants and car seat was completely covered in poo poo. It wasn't an accident, he didn't suddenly have a bad food reaction and lose it. After I composed myself, asked him why the gently caress he just poo poo his pants, he said "I had to go, didn't think it was that big of a deal." WHAT?!?! While some people might be "ok" with this, I just can't.

I really loving hate that my relationship is so comfortable that my boyfriend can poo poo his pants willingly while driving me home, knowing his house is 5 minutes from mine. I'm sorry, I'm just uncomfortable with it, and I'm grossed out. I don't want to see it, and I think my resentment has been building up this whole time and this just blew me over the edge.

I don't know what to do, and I don't know if I am being unreasonable. Do people often become so comfortable that it's too uncomfortable for the other person? Is it worth breaking up? I don't know if I can continue like this, and whenever I try to talk about my feelings, he pouts and shuts down... doesn't want to hear it.

tl;dr: My boyfriend of 2 years has gotten more childish, fat, and gross. So much to the point that I can't handle it, am I being

Bolded because it's a wall of text.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Skratte posted:

:catstare:

Come ON, dude

A load of laundry costs a buck fifty! Three dollars dried!

quote:

Lately I've (24/F) been feeling like my boyfriend (27/M) is getting too comfortable, and then something gross happened and I don't know how to feel.

This has been posted a bunch of times but it gets me every time

His shamelessness is dumbfounding, but so is her turning to Reddit to try to find a reason to save this two-year relationship with a deliberate pant-shitter she's not even engaged to

Just dump him.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Skratte posted:

m-m-m-m-m-m-m:murder:

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

I've worked with a bunch of antisocial personality disorder dudes and these guys are NOT cold, unstoppable masters of manipulation. They're scrawny methhead dorks with dreadlocks and pinstick tattoos on their faces

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Skratte posted:

Haha oh man this is a good one.

People seriously need some standards and principles in their lives. "Am I being unreasonable?" It seems like women who post that phrase are always insanely unreasonable, but in the exact opposite direction than they think. Pushovers make me sad.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

nomad2020 posted:

I'm a toddler who hasn't figured out the difference between fiction and reality and I'm reading this book about a red dragon. It's making me oddly hungry.

You...owe OP...AWE!

edit: I feel like the poopblanket was posted already

Mameluke fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 21, 2017

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Pick posted:

That's all I do in this thread.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
My (27f) husband (38m) of 6 years has an irrational fear of the dentist and has rotting teeth that smell awful. I know this was supposed to be "sickness and health" but I feel like I'm pushed to the breaking point.

quote:

"Dan" is a really great guy and I've been in love with him since meeting him. We have a good life, both have good jobs, travel 4 months of the year, a nice house, etc...
Dan is originally from a country that had very archiac dental practice (if any at all) when he was growing up and thus has a real fear of dentists. We have great dental insurance but he refuses to even get a cleaning.

Combine this with the fact that he drinks coke and Fanta constantly (5 of those 20 ounce bottles a day, at least) and also he eats a lot of candy. To top all this off he brushes his teeth maybe twice a week, and that's only when I remind him.

For the last year or so he's had clearly rotting teeth that are very unsightly. In the past two weeks or so they have started to smell. I hope to god that it's just me that can detect it but I can smell his rotting teeth across a room. I've had to start sleeping in our second master suite because I just can't handle the odor.

I love Dan, but when I combine the fact that he's caused the problem and refuses do treat it and it's affecting me now makes me seriously question whether or not I can continue in this relationship. Dan comes from a very "masculine" culture and would divorce me before he'd ever consider counseling so that's off the table completely.

Is this leaving material for me?

tl;dr; husband refuses to go to the dentist despite having visibly rotting teeth that smell. Is a thing worth leaving him over?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Skratte posted:

Murder both of them.

Edit:

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

My (27f) husband (38m) of 6 years has an irrational fear of the dentist and has rotting teeth that smell awful. I know this was supposed to be "sickness and health" but I feel like I'm pushed to the breaking point.
3 of them.

Ouhei fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Feb 21, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

21 and 32 when they got together

~A tale as old as time~

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mirthless posted:

~A tale as old as time~

I hear it in my head every time now.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mirthless posted:

~A tale as old as time~

I just found out my coworker is one of these guys. He's got Legos from his childhood that are older than the women he dates

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

purple death ray posted:

I just found out my coworker is one of these guys. He's got Legos from his childhood that are older than the women he dates

:barf:

of course he still has his childhood legos, too

for dudes perpetually looking for a mom it's kind of amazing that they always end up with girls half their age

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mirthless posted:

for dudes perpetually looking for a mom it's kind of amazing that they always end up with girls half their age

Let's be fair, the only reason I don't have my childhood Legos is because they were stolen out of my apartment in 2007

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

purple death ray posted:

Let's be fair, the only reason I don't have my childhood Legos is because they were stolen out of my apartment in 2007

yeah my brother took all mine when he moved out, the prick :colbert:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

purple death ray posted:

My mom still has them in a big Rubbermaid tub for when my daughter is old enough to not swallow them.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

TheScott2K posted:

My mom still has them in a big Rubbermaid tub for when my daughter is old enough to not swallow them.

Haha we inherited two big rubber maids and it's been great for kids in the family and will be for ours too :kimchi:

But uh, yeah having legos older than the girls you date, she's too young for you bro!!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I have legos older than me. Does that mean I'm only allowed to date older women?

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Sorry, you can't date at all. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Mirthless posted:

~A tale as old as time~

No no no, they were 21 and 32 (edit: whoops) when they got married. God only know how old they were when they started dating.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Feb 21, 2017

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Andrast posted:

I have legos older than me. Does that mean I'm only allowed to date older women?

Dating older women is cool and good

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

YeahTubaMike posted:

No no no, they were 21 and 31 when they got married. God only know how old they were when they started dating.

I wonder when it stopped being about the grades for her

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

Mirthless posted:

mummy was always the prettiest lady when he was a boy, so he needs to find another prettiest lady or it's not mummy

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's because once a woman hits a certain age, statistically, she's dated one of those guys. Then she knows the red flags :redflag:. Or the ones who are naïve enough to marry a guy like that, already married him.

Everyone has dated a mama's boy.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Sorry, you can't date at all. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them

Nah that's for plastic robots. Legos are okay now, possibly even cool (in moderation).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

YeahTubaMike posted:

No no no, they were 21 and 32 (edit: whoops) when they got married. God only know how old they were when they started dating.

....................................................................................................................

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH