Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Futher ode to nintendo making a new handheld.
EVERY SINGLE GAMEBOY INTRO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkePLvdnFps

Just tell us if were getting some solid gba games drat it nintedo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Metroid announcement @ E3

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

Bill Barber posted:

There's that image of the retail store setup and they've got a ton of Switch stuff all around and then on the demo TV screen it's a pic of Sun/Moon. I think that's what people we basing it off of.

This makes sense. Marketing off the back of Fabulous Alolan Dugtrio will guarantee Switches continue to fly off the shelves until kingdom come

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Fuligin posted:

Am I insane, or was there talk of Pokemon Sun/Moon getting ported to Switch? I was kind of holding out for it on that score.

I think I heard the "Pokemon Stars" rumors were put out by one of the supposed leakers who got everything hilariously wrong at the Switch event?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

PerrineClostermann posted:

I think I heard the "Pokemon Stars" rumors were put out by one of the supposed leakers who got everything hilariously wrong at the Switch event?

Can't wait for Mother 3 on the US eshop on launch day!

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Samsung Evo Select... good enough? 80/20 read/write speeds. That is $40 vs $76 for the Pro Select (95/90 read/write speeds). The read speed is the most important here and I doubt $35 is worth the extra 15mbps. Also, I doubt the system would take advantage of the higher write speed for downloads anyway and will probably be limited by the server connection (or your wifi if that is slower).

I think the Nintendo Switch licensed Hori cards are UHS-1 and not UHS-3, so would be in line with the 80/20 spec of the Evo Select

edit: Also, I assume the UHS-II cards are overkill (260/100 read/write and $99).

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Feb 21, 2017

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Augus posted:

I like the part where there are more 1-2-Switch boxes up than Zelda ones

Gotta supply the high demand for GOTY 1 2 Switch

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

It'd be nice if App performance classification (A1: 1500 read-ops and 500 write-ops per second) were available in time for the Switch, but they became a standard literally last month so welp. EVO Selects and EVO Pluses (literally the same thing) will at least do 100 write-ops and Nintendo has to plan around existing MicroSD stocks so they'll probably be okay.

And whoever posted the 256 GB EVO Plus upthread: Yeah that's a Pro Plus.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

here come fat boi! o poo poo waddup

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
He's shaped like a friend.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
i am shocked no one here talked about jim sterrling video today saying he wants people to shoplift nintendo games.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cyron posted:

i am shocked no one here talked about jim sterrling video today saying he wants people to shoplift nintendo games.

who

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Cyron posted:

Nobody here would ever

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the weird pale nazi guy

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Cyron posted:

That's because you're late to the party.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Kelp Plankton posted:

the weird pale nazi guy

Is he an actual nazi or a modern "nazi"

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

He's a gay Nazi.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Rexroom posted:

He's a gay Nazi.

no that is milo.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rexroom posted:

He's a gay Nazi.

https://youtu.be/U_Z6tv7cQmM?t=64

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
Dang, I should have been in this thread earlier. Looks like both of my twitter enemies successfully got their Nintendo account IDs, a real shame too because I was able to snipe the NNID of one of them so he had to put a bunch of numbers at the end of his lol

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Monos Bullet posted:

Dang, I should have been in this thread earlier. Looks like both of my twitter enemies successfully got their Nintendo account IDs, a real shame too because I was able to snipe the NNID of one of them so he had to put a bunch of numbers at the end of his lol

lol if you have twitter enemies.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

just wanted to let you guys know that thanks to timezones I'll have my Switch before any of you. :smuggo:

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.

Cyron posted:

lol if you have twitter enemies.

They're actually from a dead forum, twitter is just the only way I can keep up with them occasionally.

I just remembered that Miiverse used to be a thing that got used semi frequently. Passive-aggressively (which was all you could do unless you wanted to get banned) feuding with them on there was so much fun. I'll miss the miiverse, best thing about the Wii U hands down.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
you need therapy or to get laid.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What is even the point of Splatoon if I won't be able to see hand-drawn memes in it anymore

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cyron posted:

Already covered for many pages, friend!

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Internet Kraken posted:

What is even the point of Splatoon if I won't be able to see hand-drawn memes in it anymore

being good at the dynamo roller and reading complaints about it

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Internet Kraken posted:

I really do hope they have some kind of art thing in it to replace that. It was legitimately cool.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Daedalus1134 posted:

I really do hope they have some kind of art thing in it to replace that. It was legitimately cool.

Yeah. I'm really going to miss making splatfest arts.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yeah. I'm really going to miss making splatfest arts.

Unfortunately the local inkling authorities saw otherwise and didn't consider graffiti as art worth protecting, so they tightened legislature to stomp out what they perceive as vandalism.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

enojy posted:

I thought that was a joke like most of the rest of the thread but no, there's really a 9 minute un-unboxing video hahaha
I'm going to post an unboxing speedrun video when I get my Switch.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

irlZaphod posted:

I'm going to post an unboxing speedrun video when I get my Switch.

guillotine is OP

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm almost done with my current Ocarina of Time playthrough. I've bugged out of the first 3 temples after gaining their items, and now I'm going to finish the spirit temple.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Will I still be able to give a drug addict his fix so he'll mug people for their sweet duds in Splatoon 2?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I snagged irlzaphod as my userid

If the Switch's infrastructure is like the WiiU friends list, it might display both the Display Name and Nintendo Account userid.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

He does a weekly podcast with Laura Dale who is trans and a drunk Irish guys so he's obviously a nazi.
The reason he uses the imagery and makes videos like the one telling people to pirate Nintendo stuff is because it pisses off dingbats.

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxq_HUUCNXc

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Lodin posted:

The reason he uses the imagery and makes videos like the one telling people to pirate Nintendo stuff is because it pisses off dingbats.

actually the reason is "he is a dickhead".

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Actually, James is a very nice boy. He made up the Jim persona for standup originally and then just went with it once he started writing reviews.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Is The Switch, by Nintendo, out yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
can someone repost the link for nintendo gamertag signups

• Locked thread