Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Eej posted:

Is there a space bolt action in ME? I can't remember if there was right now

Don't think so offhand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Well that's what we need, damnit.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It's the space wild west. I'll be shocked if bolt actions that fire green lasers aren't in there somewhere.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

There's definitely a space revolver though right? Six heat sinks, used sequentially?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Eej posted:

Do you mean stuff like the Widow?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Do you mean stuff like the Widow?

Yeah, the viper and the widow were both effectively bolt action, just without magazines.

The Lone Badger posted:

There's definitely a space revolver though right? Six heat sinks, used sequentially?

Peebee's default gun is confirmed to be a space revolver.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

marshmallow creep posted:

Oh, and official statements re: heights

So Sara is 5ft7in or so, and Scott is just a hair over six foot.

bioware expects me to play a scrub that can't even slamdunk smh

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Eej posted:

Most of the sniper rifles are effectively bolt action. The Viper in ME2 and the Black Widow in ME3 are among the few with a multi-shot magazine.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I think Eej is specifically asking for a bolt action style rifle without a scope. Like a Space Mosin-Nagant rather than a Space Garand.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Bloody Pom posted:

I think Eej is specifically asking for a bolt action style rifle without a scope. Like a Space Mosin-Nagant rather than a Space Garand.

The closest is probably the Blood Pack Executor pistol with its single shot heat clips. I think its the only non-sniper rifle with that feature in ME3.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

bioware expects me to play a scrub that can't even slamdunk smh

They gave you a jetpack, your argument is invalid.

The Ryders' will not only slam dunk, they'll take you to pound town.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I would like for nothing more than to be able to use Charge while I'm holding some poor bastard with the new Pull effect. Let me body slam people with the ragdolled corpses of their friends.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Drifter posted:

They gave you a jetpack, your argument is invalid.

The Ryders' will not only slam dunk, they'll take you to pound town.

Oh I'm pretty sure the "let's bang ok" enthusiasts were counting on that last part.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I wanna toss muthafucks in the air so the Krogan can slam them, like Payton to Kemp all day long.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am so excited to get this game. I'll be getting it for PC (that's the pre-order that was bought for me for my birthday) but I'm wondering if PS4 might be more relaxing.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Bloody Pom posted:

I would like for nothing more than to be able to use Charge while I'm holding some poor bastard with the new Pull effect. Let me body slam people with the ragdolled corpses of their friends.

I know you can levitate enemies and psionically rail gun them into other enemies from a distance, or close up. Don't know if you can Vanguard Charge and throw them like a football, though.

VideoGames posted:

I am so excited to get this game. I'll be getting it for PC (that's the pre-order that was bought for me for my birthday) but I'm wondering if PS4 might be more relaxing.

What does this even mean? I assume you're going to be sitting down for either one.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Console versions are nice for people without the funds to upgrade their PCs, so there is that.

I want this game, but A: I don't have a PS4/XBone and B: I'm too poor to afford a PC upgrade or one of those consoles.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Bloody Pom posted:

Console versions are nice for people without the funds to upgrade their PCs, so there is that.

I want this game, but A: I don't have a PS4/XBone and B: I'm too poor to afford a PC upgrade or one of those consoles.

a modern gfx card to last for two+ years and 8GB of ram plus this game would cost less than either console and the game, by about $100-$200 dollars.

Sorry, homie. Wish you could play it. Although, if you can play Me3 on your comp, you could likely play this.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Drifter posted:

What does this even mean? I assume you're going to be sitting down for either one.

It means computer on a chair at a desk or PS4 on a couch with a tv. I ask this question all the time before buying a game. I'll be going PS4 for this.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Drifter posted:

a modern gfx card to last for two+ years and 8GB of ram plus this game would cost less than either console and the game, by about $100-$200 dollars.

Sorry, homie. Wish you could play it. Although, if you can play Me3 on your comp, you could likely play this.

I live in NZ, the import fees levied on computer parts are insane. I could pay for a new GPU on Amazon and pay almost half again on the fees to ship it here.

Also I think Frostbite 3 is just a tiny bit more taxing than UE3 :v:

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Feb 21, 2017

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Main gameplay still consists of shooting at bad guys real time, you'll want a mouse for this imo.

Speaking of specs, have system requirements come out yet?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Drifter posted:

Ah, sorry. I mean that the nature of playing games on a console is a heck of a lot more chill to me. I turn on the TV, turn on the PS4 and lounge about on the sofa while I play.

I have a really nice gaming PC, but even though my chair is comfortable it's a different poise, a different kind of setup with the keyboard/mouse/monitor.

I'm not sure if that makes too much sense and it is probably very psychological and only affects me.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Bloody Pom posted:

I live in NZ, the import fees levied on computer parts are insane. I could pay for a new GPU on Amazon and pay almost half again on the fees to ship it here.

Also I think Frostbite 2 is just a tiny bit more taxing than UE3 :v:

Actually, not by much if you turn down some of the bells and whistles. Most motherboards and CPUs and poo poo for the past 3 or 4 years would run it fine - it really is a gfx thing for most modern games. It's cool if you can't play it, though; I respect your authority in this matter of what will and won't run on your computer.
Also, Import fees're hosed up. Sucks, man

JBP posted:

It means computer on a chair at a desk or PS4 on a couch with a tv. I ask this question all the time before buying a game. I'll be going PS4 for this.
.I get that, but I feel like I can be very comfortable at either station. Maybe I'm lucky.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Feb 21, 2017

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

i5-3470 3.2GHz, GTX660, 8GB RAM. Am I boned or can I at least run it on Medium or something?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Bloody Pom posted:

i5-3470 3.2GHz, GTX660, 8GB RAM. Am I boned or can I at least run it on Medium or something?

I don't think they've released the specs yet?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Bloody Pom posted:

I ran Inquisition fine with similar specs.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Zore posted:

The closest is probably the Blood Pack Executor pistol with its single shot heat clips. I think its the only non-sniper rifle with that feature in ME3.

There's that one-shot shotgun also. The Claymore.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

Get a better chair :eng101:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Bloody Pom posted:

Yeah this, that's the one thing I'm missing from my fantasy of playing a Space Rifleman who affixes bayonets and Vanguard Charges in to punch faces when the enemy's ranks break.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Bloody Pom posted:

Specs should be next week.

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Sexual attraction in this context is not a part of my programming

VideoGames posted:

Ah, sorry. I mean that the nature of playing games on a console is a heck of a lot more chill to me. I turn on the TV, turn on the PS4 and lounge about on the sofa while I play.

I have a really nice gaming PC, but even though my chair is comfortable it's a different poise, a different kind of setup with the keyboard/mouse/monitor.

I'm not sure if that makes too much sense and it is probably very psychological and only affects me.

It's the opposite for me, if I sit down with a controller in a chilled out position I get bored very fast and can only play 1 hour at a time of a game. Whereas if I'm on my computer and closer to my screen, it kind of immerses me into the game

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

DancingShade posted:

You can't lie down on a chair in front of a big tv. I've got a great PC set up and I'm spoiled as poo poo, but I go PC for fps and strategy, tv for anything over the shoulder where I want to maximise being a fat poo poo.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

DancingShade posted:

Actually, do you have a recommendation because my chair is garbo and I can't find a good replacement.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Actually, do you have a recommendation because my chair is garbo and I can't find a good replacement.

for a living room or compooter???

Serf
May 5, 2011

Gonna get this on PC because drat it I paid for this thing, I'm gonna use it to play some games. Also when I come back to replay it in a few years there will be mods/cheats to help skip or alleviate any annoying parts.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.buroseating.com/product/buro-persona/

Mine's in black and I've had it for about 8 years now. Fantastic chair. Better than the one I use at work even.

Just make sure to remove the armrests and throw them away because you don't need or want those on any chair.

Or keep them if you want. Your lats and tendons are your business.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Bud K ninja sword posted:

for a living room or compooter???

Computer. I'd like something I could recline in if I want to kick up my feet while watching videos or playing relaxing games.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Get something ergonomically rated for 8+ hours. You'll have to trawl through manufacturer websites once you find a range you like and (ideally) a local supplier.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Computer. I'd like something I could recline in if I want to kick up my feet while watching videos or playing relaxing games.

I couldnt find a good computer chair that reclined down to chill position , I ended up going with a volair sim setup because i could swap nice seats onto it that reclined. I put a recaro in there but its a bit overkill (to put it mildly)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bud K ninja sword posted:

I couldnt find a good computer chair that reclined down to chill position , I ended up going with a volair sim setup because i could swap nice seats onto it that reclined. I put a recaro in there but its a bit overkill (to put it mildly)

Don't buy a computer chair. They're trash. Get an executive grade chair suitable for all day usage. (something actually certified for this, not some junk marketing claim)

You will pay more but your back will thank you.